Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

WAR Ongoing Military Conflict In Syria
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Warm Wisconsin View Post
    The U.S. has requested the @UN Security Council vote at 3 p.m. today on a proposal for a new inquiry on the use of #ChemicalWeapons in #Syria after reports of a gas attack on a rebel-held town, diplomats said.

The resolution would likely be vetoed by Syrian ally #Russia. A resolution needs nine votes in favor and no vetoes by #Russia , #China , #France , #Britain or the United States to pass.
    Just saw yours, WW.

An inquiry on "the use of" chemical weapons (in the future), is not the same as an inquiry into whether they WERE used in the past (in this town).

Which do they mean, here? Are they going in with pre-conceived conclusions (i.e., that Syria DID use them--or even that they WERE truly used.)
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    Holy CARP! If that us true, how far away are we from WWIII going hot and beyond the point of no return?

Summerthyme
    And STILL all the media can TALK about is Trump's lawyer being searched by the FBI and "collusion, collusion, collusion"....

I wondered yesterday if this is all a ploy also, to motivate Trump to go ANTI-RUSSIAN, just to "prove" he didn't "collude" with the Russians in the past............
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Quote Originally Posted by rlm1966 View Post
    As I posted on another thread, Trump has cancelled his trip to South America to oversee the US response to the Syria disaster. I would imagine that things start going boom in the next 48 hours, probably sooner. I hope Russia decides Syria isn't worth starting a war over.
    But Trump is leaving them no choice. It is the USA that is provoking Russia not the other way around. At least IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Countrymouse View Post
    Just saw yours, WW.

An inquiry on "the use of" chemical weapons (in the future), is not the same as an inquiry into whether they WERE used in the past (in this town).

Which do they mean, here? Are they going in with pre-conceived conclusions (i.e., that Syria DID use them--or even that they WERE truly used.)
    If I have it right Russia is going to veto an investigation into chemical weapons being used in the attack in question. Basically Russia is saying that they and Syrian forces have already disproved that chemical weapons were used and everyone just needs to believe them. They are not allowing access to this area by U.N. or western people to verify these claims.

If I have this right.....then it does bring into question why wouldn’t they allow access to prove their claims

Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov has also said that Moscow will table a UN resolution calling for an independent inquiry into the attack in Douma.

He announced that Russia would propose a ‘transparent and honest’ investigation at the Security Council.

Moscow has previously insisted there was no evidence for a chemical attack.

A resolution needs nine votes in favour and no vetoes by Russia, China, France, Britain or the US to pass.

To me this sounds like Russia doesn’t want an independent investigation but one done by their own team

Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov has also said that Moscow will table a UN resolution calling for an independent inquiry into the attack in Douma.

He announced that Russia would propose a ‘transparent and honest’ investigation at the Security Council.

Moscow has previously insisted there was no evidence for a chemical attack.

A resolution needs nine votes in favour and no vetoes by Russia, China, France, Britain or the US to pass.

To me this sounds like Russia doesn’t want an independent investigation but one done by their own team
    that's not good

Charles Lister

Verified account

@Charles_Lister
    Follow Follow @Charles_Lister
    More
    In addition to USS Donald Cook, the U.S has now dispatched USN Carrier Strike Group 8 to the Mediterranean/#Syria:

- USS Harry Truman aircraft carrier
    - Carrier Air Wing VII
    - USS Hué City missile cruiser
    - x6 Arleigh Burke-class Destroyers
    - x1 Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigate

Quote Originally Posted by rlm1966 View Post
    As I posted on another thread, Trump has cancelled his trip to South America to oversee the US response to the Syria disaster. I would imagine that things start going boom in the next 48 hours, probably sooner. I hope Russia decides Syria isn't worth starting a war over.
    The president isn’t the only official canceling travel this weekend. Defense Secretary James Mattis was scheduled to travel to Nevada and San Francisco this weekend but has since canceled his trip, a U.S. official said.

have to leave for work soon (part-time job) but ya'll keep us posted---I'll try to sneak in for a peek when I can---local MSM STILL FIXATED on Trump's lawyer and "Col--LUUUU--sion"....

cr@p

I'm beginning to feel like Charleton Heston about to shout: "You DID it! You really DID it!!!"

I knew it had to come eventually, but that doesn't mean I WANT to see it come.

Lucas Tomlinson‏Verified account @LucasFoxNews · 52m52 minutes ago

After Trump cancels South America trip, Mattis follows suit. Defense chief will not travel to Nevada & San Francisco this weekend: officials

Russia has figured out how to jam U.S. drones in Syria, officials say
    Four U.S. officials said Russia's signal scrambling has seriously affected military operations

by Courtney Kube
    NBC News
    April10 2018 / 4:32 AM ET / Updated 11:16 AM ET

WASHINGTON — The Russian military has been jamming some U.S. military drones operating in the skies over Syria, seriously affecting American military operations, according to four U.S. officials.

The Russians began jamming some smaller U.S. drones several weeks ago, the officials said, after a series of suspected chemical weapons attacks on civilians in rebel-held eastern Ghouta. The Russian military was concerned the U.S. military would retaliate for the attacks and began jamming the GPS systems of drones operating in the area, the officials explained.

Sen. Ben Sasse, R-Neb., reacted to the news of Russian scrambling Tuesday by saying "Russia wants to undermine our interests at every turn."

"It is insane to think that Russia is anything but an adversary," said Sasse

Jamming, which means blocking or scrambling a drone's reception of a signal from a GPS satellite, can be uncomplicated, according to Dr. Todd Humphreys, the director of the Radionavigation Laboratory at the University of Texas at Austin.

"GPS receivers in most drones can be fairly easily jammed," he said.

Humphreys, an expert on the spoofing and jamming of GPS, warns this could have a significant impact on U.S. drones, causing them to malfunction or even crash. "At the very least it could cause some serious confusion" for the drone operator on the ground if the drone reports an incorrect position or is lost, he said.

U.S. analysts first caught the Russian military jamming drones in eastern Ukraine four years ago, after the invasion of Crimea, according to Humphreys. He said the jammers were initially detected as faint signals from space, bouncing off the earth's surface. The jammers "had a pretty significant impact" on the United Nations surveillance drones that were attempting to monitor the area, grounding the fleet for days and halting intelligence gathering from the air.

The Defense Department will not say whether the jamming is causing drones to crash, citing operational security. "The U.S. military maintains sufficient countermeasures and protections to ensure the safety of our manned and unmanned aircraft, our forces and the missions they support," said Pentagon spokesman Eric Pahon.

But one official confirmed the tactic is having an operational impact on U.S. military operations in Syria.

The officials said the equipment being used was developed by the Russian military and is very sophisticated, proving effective even against some encrypted signals and anti-jamming receivers.

The drones impacted so far are smaller surveillance aircraft, as opposed to the larger Predators and Reapers that often operate in combat environments and can be armed.

Dr. Humphreys says that though the attacks occur in cyberspace, the results are still serious.

"They are a little less hostile looking than a kinetic bullet but sometimes the effect can be just as damaging," he said. "It's like shooting at them with radio waves instead of bullets."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/militar...-syria-n863931
    Last edited by northern watch; 04-10-2018 at 11:37 AM.

3 Chemical weapons watchdog to send team to Syria

AP|Published: 04.10.18 , 18:53
    The international chemical weapons watchdog says it will send a fact finding mission to the Syrian town where an alleged chemical weapons attack occurred over the weekend.

The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons says its technical Secretariat has requested the Syrian government to make the necessary arrangements for such a deployment.

It added in a statement Tuesday that its request coincided with another by the Syrian government and Russia to investigate the allegations of chemical weapons use in the town of Douma.

It said the team is preparing to deploy to Syria shortly.

Syrian opposition activists and paramedics have said that at least 40 people were killed in a chemical weapons attack over the weekend and blamed the government. Syria's government denied saying the charges are fabrications https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,...226581,00.html

3 Russia asks UN to vote on two Syria resolutions on Tuesday

Reuters|Published: 04.10.18 , 18:56
    Russia told the UN Security Council it will put two draft resolutions on Syria to a vote on Tuesday because it does not agree with a US text to create a new inquiry into who is to blame for chemical weapons attacks in Syria, diplomats said.

The 15-member council is due to vote on the US draft resolution later on Tuesday. Russia asked for the council to also vote on its own draft resolution to create a new inquiry into chemical weapons attacks in Syria, diplomats said.

Russia said it would then put to a vote another resolution that would specifically support sending investigators from the global chemical weapons watchdog to the site of an alleged deadly attack last Saturday. https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,...226584,00.html

3 Russian Embassy in Israel criticizes Israel's condemnation of 'fake' Syria chemical attack

Itamar Eichner|Published: 04.10.18 , 17:04
    The Russian Embassy in Israel criticized Israel's Foreign Ministry's condemnation of the chemical attack in Syria.

In a statement published by the embassy in its Facebook account, it was stated that "the Embassy notes with concern a hasty conclusion made in Israel with regard to the fake chemical attack in Douma, a suburb of Damascus, on April 7, 2018."

"The truth is that there is no evidence of any chemical attack in Douma at all," the 600-word statement asserted. https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,...226489,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hfcomms View Post
    Watch the big money during times like this. Markets up yesterday and really up again today. The banksters that pull the strings are not worried and I extrapolate that neither should we at this point. When the markets (especially the bond markets) take a humongous dump I'll be more concerned.
    And I have not heard of any reserve call ups in the US.
    Even at peacetime tempo, there are many reports of US pilots, and others in critical jobs, having major overwork and fatigue issues.
    We don't have enough people, and not the right stuff anymore.
    Things will be better soon.
    SS
    “Then the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.”
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by danielboon View Post
    The international chemical weapons watchdog says it will send a fact finding mission to the Syrian town where an alleged chemical weapons attack occurred over the weekend.

The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons says its technical Secretariat has requested the Syrian government to make the necessary arrangements for such a deployment.

It added in a statement Tuesday that its request coincided with another by the Syrian government and Russia to investigate the allegations of chemical weapons use in the town of Douma.

Syrian opposition activists and paramedics have said that at least 40 people were killed in a chemical weapons attack over the weekend and blamed the government. Syria's government denied saying the charges are fabrications https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,...226581,00.html
    Do you think this news will delay a possible imminent US attack?
    ~ I stand with Ted to defeat Hillary Clinton. My family and I will be voting for Trump/Pence this November.
    "It took Jimmy Carter to give us Ronald Reagan." - Our country's last best hope in 2016, was Presidential Candidate Ted Cruz

Khalid Ibn Muneer- @RuhanKhalid · 4 min.
    #China ordered its warships to join #Russian navy in Mediterranean coast. A showdown of East and West. Source: @reseau_internat

Syrianwar 🇸🇾- @Syriawar2017 · 8 min.
    #Chinese #warships in the #Mediterranean are ordered to join the #Russian #Navy in the event of a massive attack on #Syria

#SyrianArmy #Tartus #Tartous #Khmeimim #USA #US #America #Trump #Assad

Ornando- @Nanddo16 · 51 sek.
    CHINA just sent warships to join Russians in the Mediterranean!
    wonder how long b4 the chinese arrive?

or are they close?

SURA‏ @AlSuraEnglish · 39m39 minutes ago

#BREAKING - #Russian Su-34 jets now over #Latakia sea with anti-ship cruise missiles. #Syrian air space has been bustling with activity since #US threats of strikes. #OPCW Investigators arrival in Syria soon is anticipated to prevent conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl_70 View Post
    Do you think this news will delay a possible imminent US attack?
    This may not be popular thinking but I'll throw it out for review. Be nice.

I don't think for a minute that Syrian government troops gassed anybody. That doesn't even make any sense to me.

I think the clowns in America have at least some paid soldiers of fortune there. That started way back in the Obama days. He had no intention of stopping them. Now, Trump inherits it and can't logically stop it without causing a massive problem.

That's why he said that he was going to leave Syria. He wanted to draw out a response from the clowns. IMO, this "chemical attack" was their response. They want a world war -- they are part of the cabal affiliated with Obama and Hillary. If we leave Syria, there can't be a war. So, they had to speed up their plans with the "chemical attack."

Did it really attack? If so, who did it? I doubt it was Russia. I doubt it was Iran. I doubt it was Syria. It was the clowns. They are trying to start the war.

Will there be war? Here's what I'm looking at. If the UN allows the independent team in to survey the area, those in favor of a war must act. The independent team will either find the real attacker or will determine that there was no attack. If the UN doesn't allow the second requested vote, then there will be war.

If there is a second UN vote and the team is allowed in, then the deep state loses. They will try again some other way.

This is the same group that declared there were no chemical weapons in Syria.
    SS
    “Then the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.”
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland

The successful jamming of US drones is a big deal.
    Russia does seem to have a lead over the US when it comes to ECM.
    If a confrontation happens it will be interesting to see what other tricks they have.

It seems that the deep state is inexorably pushing our country to war.
    Syria promises to be just like the Iraq war. All for nothing.
    This whole thing has all the makings of a setup. Assad doesn't and didn't need to use chemicals, he has almost won the war and the US has announced plans to pull out. Suddenly there's a chemical attack??????
    Meanwhile Trump is being attacked on all fronts back home. He's pissed and ready to be goaded into an inappropriate response.
    It couldn't be any more plain to anyone with a brain, that this is a setup.
    The deep state, the swamp, want their war and they want to goad Trump into starting it.

A lot of people in this country are going to get a rude awakening. We have been pounding 3rd world countries since the 60s without a care except for the evening news casualty reports. Wait till we go against a country that can bring the war right into our own backyard if they want to.
    I fear the typical American won't handle the consequences half as well as the third world people we nonchalantly main and kill.
    “I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.”
    D. H. Lawrence

"If the UN allows the independent team in to survey the area, those in favor of a war must act"

hmmm

I can see an independent team being blasted skyward

the response will be more finger pointing and tomahawk pointing

If I'm hearing this correctly, it seems that the independent group is going in prior to UN approval or vote. That's what it seems like. Somewhere I read that they will be there shortly.

If I have it right Russia is going to veto an investigation into chemical weapons being used in the attack in question. Basically Russia is saying that they and Syrian forces have already disproved that chemical weapons were used and everyone just needs to believe them. They are not allowing access to this area by U.N. or western people to verify these claims.

If I have this right.....then it does bring into question why wouldn’t they allow access to prove their claims
    Possibly because the Russians suspect? know? that the western team sent into Syria to investigate the alleged gas attack would all be carefully chosen neocon investigatory assets with a pre-conceived agenda to fill.

Remember, at this point, THIS game is ALL about OPTICS - HOW to make the OTHER team look BAD in the eyes of world/court of public opinion.

intothegoodnight
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

— Dylan Thomas, "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"

Hmmm..........

Great Kurdistan
    ‏ @KurdistanGreat
    15m15 minutes ago

#Breaking #syria

Yesterday around 65 US military vehicles have crossed into #Syria from southern Kurdistan into West Kurdistan.

They were last seen around #Manbiji

These Vehicles were loaded with weapons.
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
    The successful jamming of US drones is a big deal.

Yes.

If a confrontation happens it will be interesting to see what other tricks they have.
    Viable hypersonic munitions of various sorts, come to mind . . .

It couldn't be any more plain to anyone with a brain, that this is a setup.

The deep state, the swamp, want their war and they want to goad Trump into starting it.
    Agree.

intothegoodnight
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

— Dylan Thomas, "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post
    Hmmm..........

Great Kurdistan
    ‏ @KurdistanGreat
    15m15 minutes ago

#Breaking #syria

Yesterday around 65 US military vehicles have crossed into #Syria from southern Kurdistan into West Kurdistan.

They were last seen around #Manbiji

These Vehicles were loaded with weapons.
    add to this

War_Intel
    ‏ @WarIntelNEWS
    2h2 hours ago

REPORT UNCONFIRMED: USA wants to launch Ground Operation inside Damascus within next 24 hours! USA military prefers massive operation Ammunution for US & NATO Troop allegedly being deployed across Syria now. France & UK Troops already secretly sent into northern Syria.
    “The quieter you become, the more you can hear.”
    ― Ram Dass

Quote Originally Posted by onetimer View Post
    add to this

War_Intel
    ‏ @WarIntelNEWS
    2h2 hours ago

REPORT UNCONFIRMED: USA wants to launch Ground Operation inside Damascus within next 24 hours! USA military prefers massive operation Ammunution for US & NATO Troop allegedly being deployed across Syria now. France & UK Troops already secretly sent into northern Syria.
    Is this because of the GPS spoofing? Usually, the US wants to gain air superiority first.

Quote Originally Posted by TorahTips View Post
    Is this because of the GPS spoofing? Usually, the US wants to gain air superiority first.
    Could be!!

Julia Davis
    ‏@JuliaDavisNews

#Russia's state TV host says: "The U.S. won't be able to conduct strikes with impunity, unlike the last time. Pentagon is experiencing serious problems with orientation." Both hosts look at each other and nod, then show the Fox News clip about Russia jamming U.S. drones in Syria.
    “The quieter you become, the more you can hear.”
    ― Ram Dass

Damn, that's very insightful. Eliminate the spoofers so an air campaign can begin. Russia may just decide they're not having it, and conduct air operations on our people on the ground to keep their ground assets safe. We'd escalate in kind, likely with assets not relying on GPS for terminal effectiveness. The chance to go completely hot could really be looming now, more than I think I've seen ever in my life.
    Your levity is good, it relieves tension and the fear of death.

The Frigid Times - http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/
    Civil Defense Reborn - http://cdreborn.blogspot.com/
    Believe what you will, but the Russian nuclear threat is far from dead. It ain't even sick. - Brutus

Quote Originally Posted by TheSearcher View Post
    Damn, that's very insightful. Eliminate the spoofers so an air campaign can begin. Russia may just decide they're not having it, and conduct air operations on our people on the ground to keep their ground assets safe. We'd escalate in kind, likely with assets not relying on GPS for terminal effectiveness. The chance to go completely hot could really be looming now, more than I think I've seen ever in my life.
    I've never heard of a CAP over the US and Russia. There was one over the US during 911, but that was understandable. This is different. For the last two days, there have been tan colored F16s flying over Lake Michigan on the Chicago coastline. This doesn't happen unless there's an air show. No air shows. It's too cold, too early.

I've never heard of a CAP over the US and Russia. There was one over the US during 911, but that was understandable. This is different. For the last two days, there have been tan colored F16s flying over Lake Michigan on the Chicago coastline. This doesn't happen unless there's an air show. No air shows. It's too cold, too early.
    Ohhh mannn, just not getting even the smallest warm or fuzzy from anyplace in regards to all of this.

Believe what you will, but the Russian nuclear threat is far from dead. It ain't even sick. - Brutus

This may not be popular thinking but I'll throw it out for review. Be nice.

I don't think for a minute that Syrian government troops gassed anybody. That doesn't even make any sense to me.

I think the clowns in America have at least some paid soldiers of fortune there. That started way back in the Obama days. He had no intention of stopping them. Now, Trump inherits it and can't logically stop it without causing a massive problem.

That's why he said that he was going to leave Syria. He wanted to draw out a response from the clowns. IMO, this "chemical attack" was their response. They want a world war -- they are part of the cabal affiliated with Obama and Hillary. If we leave Syria, there can't be a war. So, they had to speed up their plans with the "chemical attack."

Did it really attack? If so, who did it? I doubt it was Russia. I doubt it was Iran. I doubt it was Syria. It was the clowns. They are trying to start the war.

Will there be war? Here's what I'm looking at. If the UN allows the independent team in to survey the area, those in favor of a war must act. The independent team will either find the real attacker or will determine that there was no attack. If the UN doesn't allow the second requested vote, then there will be war.

If there is a second UN vote and the team is allowed in, then the deep state loses. They will try again some other way.
    My thoughts exactly, entire post. Bold type mine, above.
    This might hurt a little.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSearcher View Post
    Yeah, makes Cuba look positively controllable by comparison. That this is going on as serious as it is, this crap in DC going on at the same time makes everything all the more volital.

Considering the Russian publicly stated theory of escalation in order to de-escalate a crisis to get to the armistice table and how much of a gamble that is, I'm going to need to stock up on VSOP or OX (might as well splurge)...

I'm still not satisfied that something unpleasantly ECM didn't happen to the Donald Cook a few years back.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by northern watch View Post
    SURA‏ @AlSuraEnglish · 39m39 minutes ago

#BREAKING - #Russian Su-34 jets now over #Latakia sea with anti-ship cruise missiles. #Syrian air space has been bustling with activity since #US threats of strikes. #OPCW Investigators arrival in Syria soon is anticipated to prevent conflict.
    Every time I see a reference to the port at Latakia I have a flashback to Alas Babylon! The kickoff to WW3 is an errant US missile taking out the soviet port.

From FB feed...

"**ALERT!**
    It is being reliably reported that the United States, the United Kingdom, and France have placed their Middle East Military units on ALERT for what most believe will be a SUSTAINED US/UK/FRANCE direct attack against Syria commencing as early as TONIGHT!
    British Air Force units on Cyprus are openly being loaded bombs, missiles and ammunition.
    The Baltic Fleet has declared a COMBAT ALERT.
    Russian Strategic Bombers are in the air over the Mediterranean Sea, loaded with "AIR -TO- SHIP" cruise missiles and the Russian Air Force is conducting heavy combat Air Patrols throughout the region.
    This situation is like a huge pile of dynamite waiting for a spark to explode into direct war between Russia and the US/NATO and regional powers in the Middle East.
    "

take for what it is worth..

1Pe 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore of sound mind, and be sober unto prayer

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
    Joh 3:17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him.

Quote Originally Posted by smith357 View Post
    Every time I see a reference to the port at Latakia I have a flashback to Alas Babylon! The kickoff to WW3 is an errant US missile taking out the soviet port.
    It is concerning. That area of the world has been a concern for the entire planet for so, so long.