Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

POL Jay Inslee Dropping Out of 2020 Race
+ Reply to Thread

Jay Inslee Dropping Out of 2020 Race

Breaking: Jay Inslee tells @Maddow he’s dropping out of the 2020 presidential race. https://t.co/FS05Y2RX0w

The Washington governor had centered his campaign around climate change, calling it “the most urgent challenge of our time.”

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee is dropping out of the 2020 presidential race, he announced Wednesday night on MSNBC’s “The Rachel Maddow Show.”

"It's become clear that I'm not going to be carrying the ball, I'm not going to be the president so I’m withdrawing tonight from the race," he told Maddow, vowing he'd help keep the other 2020 candidates focused on issue of climate change, the focal point of his campaign.

He declined on Wednesday to throw support behind another candidate, but said, "I'm going to endorse the Democrat nominee, no matter who it is."

Inslee had centered his candidacy around climate change, calling it “the most urgent challenge of our time.”

“This is our moment to put the greatest threat to our existence, to our economy, to our health, at the very top of the nation’s agenda,” Inslee said in March at his campaign’s kickoff event in Seattle.

He put out a detailed 10-year plan on how he’d move the country to clean energy, spurring other candidates to put out their own plans. Butting heads with the Democratic National Committee, he demanded that the organization hold a debate focused on climate change.

The DNC rebuffed his pleas in June, but CNN announced soon after that it would hold a town hall on the issue with the 2020 candidates in September. Inslee, however, did not meet the polling criteria the network used for the event — a minimum of 2 percent in four DNC-recognized polls — and was not on the list of attendees the network announced on Tuesday.

While Inslee said Monday that he had reached the 130,000 donation threshold for the next Democratic debate in September,his lack of qualifying polls would likely have kept him from the debate stage as well.

He told Maddow he hopes other candidates can make use of his climate plan, which he said has been called "the gold standard."

Other 2020 candidates were quick to praise his efforts.

"Thank you @JayInslee for fighting every day to make sure that climate change remains a primary focus of this election. Climate change is real and it's a crisis—and I will keep fighting alongside you to take bold action before it is too late," tweeted Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts.

"Few leaders have done more to shine a light on the climate crisis than @JayInslee," tweeted Sen. Kamala Harris of California. "His voice will be missed in this primary but I know he will continue this fight."

Inslee is the third major candidate in the sprawling field to exit the race after Rep. Eric Swalwell of California and former Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncn...mpression=true

Who?

Na Na Na Na Hey Hey-ey Goodbye
    (Runtime: 4:03)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoyvvEWHodk
    Psalm 116
    1 I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.
    2 Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.

Just saying that when AOC announced the concrete reality of her Green New Deal a number of young Dems in my orbit sort of gagged. They were picturing some sort of pastoral ideal. Which Green New Deal is assuredly NOT.

Another one bites the dust!

Inslee has been a public embarrassment for Washington, that is, for everyone outside of Seattle.

Adios Jay! And thank you for QUITTING!!!!

..another "stinker" exits the clown car....hey! Who has the Lysol spray? Oh, it was just that "climate change bullshit"
    roll down the windows and drive faster....
    “To be born a free man... an accident
    To live one... a responsibility
    To die one... an obligation!”

blackjeep is right...we think he's an idiot here in Idaho. Folks from the Eastern part of Washington are moving out of that state; they want to get away from the stinking politics.

I met him a couple times-super nice guy; but the global warming platform was a death from the beginning.
    I'd rather be paranoid, prepped and wrong than be irrationally happy, frivolous and screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Northwet View Post
    I met him a couple times-super nice guy; but the global warming platform was a death from the beginning.
    The guy is an idiot. Don't mistake nice for brain dead.

Who is Jay Inslee?

Buehler? Buehler?

Oh no! There goes the Clown Car.

Dobbin
    Last edited by Dobbin; 08-22-2019 at 06:58 AM.
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

Owner says Horses sweat, men perspire, and ladies "glow."

Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

Who?

Sung to the tune of "99 bottles of beer on the wall"

25 Marxist scum in the race,
    25 Marxist scum,
    They all look tough,
    Then one blows up,
    24 Marxist scum in the race.

Repeat as needed. I think we're "down" to 22 now.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjeep View Post
    Inslee has been a public embarrassment for Washington, that is, for everyone outside of Seattle.

Adios Jay! And thank you for QUITTING!!!!
    And on the downside he’s running for re-election for governor again. Damned either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    And on the downside he’s running for re-election for governor again. Damned either way.
    I'm glad he dropped out.
    Jesus didn't MERELY only physically "die on the cross". He so loved us that
    It was God, suffering, bearing the sin, shame, guilt and punishment
    for every single person who had, or would ever live.
    So Justice could be preserved, Enabling Grace and Mercy to all who believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Sung to the tune of "99 bottles of beer on the wall"

25 Marxist scum in the race,
    25 Marxist scum,
    They all look tough,
    Then one blows up,
    24 Marxist scum in the race.

Repeat as needed. I think we're "down" to 22 now.

Twenty-two candidates stand on the stage,
    Twenty-two candidates speak,
    A foot in the mouth,
    The polling goes south,
    Twenty-one candidates stand on the stage.

Who????

I know very few of these idiots. And that's the way I want to continue.......till they're all gone bye bye.........

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Proverbs 16:9

Bumble, yours is better than mine.

Absolutely the DUMBEST kid in class.

Sad when you drop out of a race and nobody knew you were in it to begin with...............

Quote Originally Posted by PghPanther View Post
    Sad when you drop out of a race and nobody knew you were in it to begin with...............
    And that's easily more than half the original Dem field.

At least in 2016, we recognized most of the names in the GOP clown car.