Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CHAT Alpha and Omega - Hermione is home (two pics added to the OP)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Alpha and Omega - Hermione is home (two pics added to the OP)

Hermione’s ashes now occupy a place of honor on the coffee table, Odin to her left (where he always preferred), and Annie to her right. I took her one last time to the field where she and Odin used to run like the wind, and where Aja now runs alone. As a pup, she always rode in the front passenger seat. She insisted on it.

She got to ride in front one last time.

Thank you everyone for your prayers, love and support for her throughout the years. She’s safe now, and we’ll all have our ashes scattered together when my time comes.

ETA: I added two pictures. The first is when she first came home. I used to hold her like that as she slept.. The second was of her last birthday in July last year.
    Attached Images

big big hug Dennis

I was nauseous when I got Pepper back. Nobody warned me about those emotions - it just seemed so surreal..... He rests under the pine tree in front of the house...
    Frugal is the new black!!
    http://www.bethefrugaldiva.com
    Get cashback on your online purchases!!!
    http://www.ebates.com/refer-a-friend...o%2FgWeg%3D%3D

Oh so bitter sweet. Bless your heart I know how much you loved her.

It is so hard to think in terms of three urns now. It seems like just yesterday...
    "Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we will all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."
    Dumbledore to Harry Potter, Goblet of Fire.

Luke 21:36

A people who no longer recognize sin and evil, are not a people who will recognize tyranny and despotism either. Invar

There’s a BIG [RESET] button in a BIG HEART. When your ready to push it the pain is gone and the beautiful memories prevail. It is a point of freedom and strength. Strength to love again and again. Because that is who we are.

Strong days and BIG Heart Dennis.

My heart just sinks when I envision you and Hermione on her last ride home.

I have 7 urns in a cabinet in the family room. *sigh* V

Dennis, glad to see Hermione is home. I can only imagine the sadness you feel now-but just remember, Hermione, and Odin and Annie are playing right now in an endless green field where they no longer hurt, they're healthy and strong. They know its going to be a while; but your'e going to get to play with all of them again.

Good that she's home again, Dennis.

Tiger's ashes are in a pretty carved wooden box on the downstairs fireplace mantle next to the Korean stone tiger.

I pat the box each time I walk by. The local folks picked her up from the house and brought her ashes back to the vet's office a couple of days later. As painless a process as possible, I suppose.
    The wonder of our time isnt how angry we are at politics and politicians; its how little weve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Prayer's and a Big hug Dennis as i know you are happy she is home now and sad as well at her passing.

Tonight, I shall drink a toast to her life, to Odin’s life, and to Annie’s life. I’ll drop a single drop onto their boxes, where it will hopefully dry and stain the tops. My tears for them.

Dennis my wish for unwanted animals is to have someone love them as much as you have loved yours.....

Sacred ashes in a beautiful urn.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust...Hermione is Home, and her earthly remains are at home. Her spirit was probably along for the final ride, or she was looking down from Heaven. She is up there smiling, and renewed.

Again, sincere condolences during this difficult time.
    10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. - Matthew 24 NIV

Blessed Be
    Do as thou will, lest ye harm none

@FatTurkeyFarm on twitter

She's home where she belongs and what a beautiful urn.

Yes, Hermione is home with her brother and sister. She's romping and playing and keeping her eye on you. Those ashes are just her outer clothes that her new body shed, just like the hair she left behind.

Some day she will greet you again with SO MUCH MORE LOVE that will totally encompass you and blow you right over. Some day....

Until you are with her in spirit, you have your memories and her love. Love never ends.

Hugs to you, Dennis.
    "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."
    Proverbs 3:5-6

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Tonight, I shall drink a toast to her life, to Odin’s life, and to Annie’s life. I’ll drop a single drop onto their boxes, where it will hopefully dry and stain the tops. My tears for them.
    That choked me up Dennis. I understand how you feel.

Dennis,

"To make Heaven the perfect resting place for loved ones we adore,

God made sure those Pearly Gates contained a doggy door."*

http://dogsympathycards.blogspot.com...l#.Wqh1fsuKSUk
    "Apres la Guerre."

Hugs Dennis. Big lump in my own throat tonight.

Awww Dennis- hugs! That's a beautiful box. I've never kept the ashes of any of my pups. I guess it's a personal thing and I just never have.

Here's to all them and yours too
    At peace in the arms of Jesus. RIP my love until we meet again.

From a pet memorial I saw several years ago:

If tears could make a stairway

And memories a lane,

Id climb right up to heaven

And bring you back again.

That is a beautifuly made wooden coffin

(((Dennis)))

Glad she is back home. I have my husband’s and our dog’s ashes here at home. It makes me feel closer to them. When I go we will all be spread together by a stream in the mountains of Colorado.

If a dose of cuteness would help, see https://www.chonday.com/29563/germapub6/

R/T 01:82

German Shepherd Puppies Use Teamwork to Battle Broom
    A litter of 8 rambunctious 2 months old German shepherd puppies joining forces to attack a broom. Filmed in Mecklenburg, Germany.
    The wonder of our time isnt how angry we are at politics and politicians; its how little weve done about it. - Fran Porretto

Yep he needs a puppy...

beautifully spoken boss - glad she's home again with the rest of the pack. we have a few of those boxes too. one day we'll be with them again
    So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

Beautiful!
    The Operative: The path to peace is paved with corpses. Its always been so.

Malcolm Reynolds: So me and mine got to lie down and die so you can live in your better world?

Dude, I am not being funny. But I remember Annie's passing, I recall nothing about Odins passing. When?
    I am in competition with no one. I have no desire to play the game of being better than anyone. I am simply trying harder to be a better person than I was yesterday.
    TRUTH

Odin died on February 11, 2017, of a ruptured cardiac tumor which had gone undiagnosed. Blood filled his pericardium. There was nothing they could do for him. He was 9 years old.

ETA: Even had it been diagnosed (they usually aren’t) that kind of tumor is inoperable. But unlike Hermione, it was fast. He was playing one night and gone the next.

(((Dennis)))
    Psalm 147:11
    The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.

Oh Dennis. I pray you remember the good times and remember that she was such a beautiful blessing in your life....

And that you WILL see her again!

That box is absolutely beautiful!

(((((Dennis)))))
    There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."Theodore Roosevelt-1907.

holes have been left in my life

from people(and pets) who had to go

some died

some were forced

and others just wanted to go

zeker, I know exactly what you mean. I have those too, and for those reasons.

Understand completely, zeker. Beautiful, Dennis, just beautiful. You are one fantastic dog Dad!

May blessings and comfort flow into you from the Lord.
    Every Time History Repeats Itself The Price Goes Up.

God bless you Dennis. She was one lucky dog to have you. Her ride home in her seat, precious.

I've added two pics to the OP.

Nice. Thanks for sharing, Dennis.

I used to hold her like that as she slept

No wonder she was ruint

DW always says "Our dogs are not spoiled - just catered to."

Probably the best lesson in life I ever learned came from Army shrink M. Scott Peck - 'The price of love is pain.'

That only lasted a couple of months before she got too big (and even then not all the time). But it was when she first came to us, and it made her feel secure and loved. I don't actually spoil my dogs, but I DO make sure they get attention, voice contact, pets, love and the best food I can afford. And vet care (sigh). Let's not forget about vet care.

See, we have work, friends, social functions, shopping, kids, etc, to keep us busy. Our dogs have ONLY US. They wait all day for the sound of our homecoming, and then rush to us for love and attention. We have the world to keep us busy. To them, WE are their world. I've never forgotten that.

Thanks for the pictures Dennis! Hermione's box is beautiful. We have 5 smallish pottery urns on our mantle, waiting for either DH or I to pass on first so all the ashes can be mixed. Several of the doggies didn't get along so they won't be mixed together until there is adult supervision. Behind each little urn I put 2-3 pictures of each furbaby to remind me of their best days and characteristics. I just had to browse them now and be reminded of the joys they each brought to us and shed a few more tears for the losses.