Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

SCI China claims it has created invisible material for fighter jets
+ Reply to Thread

China claims it has created invisible material for fighter jets

http://www.infosurhoy.com/cocoon/sai...-fighter-jets/ (fair use)

DENIS BEDOYA ON MARCH 13, 2018

China has built an assembly line to mass produce cutting-edge ‘super materials’ that can perform the previously impossible, according to the Chinese state broadcaster.

So far, the assembly line located in a lab in Shenzhen has manufactured different types of materials, including one that renders objects invisible, reported China Central Television Station in a documentary released last week.

Although the station didn’t explain what the invisibility cloak ‘metamaterial’ would be used for, according to Chinese news portal Sina, it is likely to be used on the country’s warplanes, particularly the J-20.

What the Chinese refer to as ‘super materials’ are generally known as metamaterials, which are a new class of finely-engineered surfaces that could have properties unachievable with conventional materials.

Some metamaterials can bend infrared radiation such as visible light, which means they could be used to create invisibility cloaks.

And according to the Chinese Central Television Station, the Chinese scientists have managed to make such invisibility materials in bulk.

The report took the viewers inside the mysterious lab where Jin Xi, a doctor of Materials Science, and his team were busy feeding pieces of material from one machine to another.

Each piece, 80cm long and 60cm wide, is said to be the plated with bronze and would be used as the base material for the Chinese ‘super material’.

A layer of special film, which could show some 20,000 patterns once exposed to light, will be added to this base material.

The patterns, as tiny as 0.2 square millimetres, are said to contain thousands of micro-structures invisible to the human eye.

These micro-structures are used to control the properties of metamaterials.

The report didn’t mention what type of ‘super material’ the workers were making, but it claimed that Chinese scientists have developed metamaterials to help develop the country’s aviation industry.

A report from Sina, one of China’s largest news portals, claimed on March 11 that the lab in question is the State Key Laboratory of Metamaterial Electromagnetic Modulation Technology in Shenzhen, a state-funded lab established in 2011.

The Sina report also suggested that the metamaterials would be used for military purposes.

It also indicated that the invisibility material is likely to be used on J-20 fighter jets because the jet’s chief engineer Yang Wei is also a member on the laboratory’s academic board.

China’s latest J-20 stealth fighter jets were commissioned into military service last year and are operated by the Chinese Air Force.

China’s fourth-generation fighter jet, the J-20 made its maiden flight in 2011.

According to a 2017 report from China Central Television Station, the J-20 is capable of carrying multiple types of air-to-air missiles.

It’s said to be powered by a made-in-China engine and has similar combat capabilities to those of America’s F-22 Raptor.

FORTE EST VINUM, FORTIOR EST REX, FORTIORES SUNT MULIERES:

SUPER OMNIA VINCIT VERITAS.

But Wonder Woman is ALL AMERICAN!

I was thinking "Oh Goodie, the Chinese - now with Klingon cloaking devices - the enemy you were waiting for is now here!" lol - well sort of lol...
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

The Romulans appear modeled specifically on the ChiComs. At least the ones in NextGen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    The Romulans appear modeled specifically on the ChiComs. At least the ones in NextGen.
    I think they turned into Russia in DS9.

If it is created by the Chinese than I see there will be problems with the technology

It is sunny here in Arizona :)

Propaganda BS in response to US advances.
    Facts?? We don't need no stinkin facts...

Transparent Aluminum?

Quote Originally Posted by Geterdone View Post
    Transparent Aluminum?
    Already happened in the 80's.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium_oxynitride

Could be an excuse to try to explain where those missing billions went from the people's air force budget. "We bought the airplanes, there just invisible".
    Last edited by Seer; 03-13-2018 at 11:03 PM.

I think we had a posting on this material awhile back. It's real. The key point is if China can make it in bulk at a reasonable cost. That is a big IF.

There are numerous metamaterials out there of varied abilities. The so called invisible materials are not 'invisible' in the true sense.

China and Russia both are notorious for releases like this when one or the other release is issued by the US. Example;
    http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/03/...g-threats.html

And now this release from China.

Then there is this that posted in 2011.
    https://www.baesystems.com/en/featur...-invisibility#

The average Joe or Jane doesn't know what's actually out there, but they can safely assume they are either ten years behind, or thirty years ahead of what they announce publically.

For those interested in this type of stuff, check out "high entropy alloys" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_entropy_alloys) and ponder what they might discover now that they have a new approach to experimenting with alloys.

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl View Post
    For those interested in this type of stuff, check out "high entropy alloys" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_entropy_alloys) and ponder what they might discover now that they have a new approach to experimenting with alloys.
    At heart and education, I'm a materials Engineer. I've worked with those and continue to do so.
    I've seen some things that are truly impressive that the public will be waiting another 20 years to see.

Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Sounds like the PRC has some people on staff that got their degrees from Tehran U in public relations...

They were going to show the reporter a sample, but couldn't find it.

news flash

china invents invisible material and now they cant find it.

China's new material has just been exposed...

"Be a free thinker and don't accept everything you hear as truth. Be critical and evaluate what you believe in." Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by energy_wave View Post

LOL

I'll believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by missd View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    Um, actually you can't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by energy_wave View Post

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/4...h-scotch-tape/
    Snip
    X-Rays Made with Scotch Tape
    Unwinding Scotch tape produces enough radiation to image a human finger.
    October 23, 2008

When you bite down on wintergreen-flavored LifeSavers candies in the dark, they glow. The production of light by some materials when under friction or pressure, a phenomenon called triboluminescence, has been known for centuries, mostly as a novelty. Now researchers have shown that rapidly unwinding a roll of Scotch tape inside a vacuum generates not only visible light but also enough x-rays to image a human finger. Led by physicist Seth Putterman at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), the researchers are now developing what they hope will be a cheap, simple source of x-rays for clinical imaging.

The Chinese do not invent anything. They steal and copy plenty but never invent.

I'm thinking of a drone flying over an airfield dispersing printer cartridge toner ... that damn stuff sticks to everything!

Quote Originally Posted by TidesofTruth View Post
    The Chinese do not invent anything. They steal and copy plenty but never invent.
    That's a remarkably silly statement, if you didn't just mean modern China (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ese_inventions). Heck, as far as I know they were the first to invent paper currency (and hyperinflation)!

I would like to make a bathing suit out of that material.

Summer's just around the corner... V

Saw a vid a couple of months ago. Had a Chinese guy outside by a creek who was holding an invisible rectangle, you could see thru it but when it was in front of him you could see the background but not him. I blew it off as camera tricks.
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

I have not failed. I have simple discovered ten-thousand ways things don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Satanta View Post
    Saw a vid a couple of months ago. Had a Chinese guy outside by a creek who was holding an invisible rectangle, you could see thru it but when it was in front of him you could see the background but not him. I blew it off as camera tricks.
    https://science.howstuffworks.com/in...lity-cloak.htm

Did it happen to look like this?

In 2011 a metamaterial that past light around was developed.
    It had its roots here;
    https://www.technologyreview.com/s/4...y-made-easier/

What the Chinese have is the carbon nanotube metamaterial variant. I'd lay good money what they have is three generations behind what we already have but classified.

Tennessee's version of Gotham (Knoxville)
    There was an insurgent video that surfaced a few years back that showed a humanoid outline jumping into an Abrams tank. All you could see was an outline and nothing else. There was a video on Facebook posted a few months ago that showed the invisibility material. My only comments were so the chinese managed to copy us finally. Honestly our tech is starting to catch up with the comic books.Next we just need boom tubes and hyperspace drives...
    1 Corinthians 18:20 “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
    the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

Here's the link for the Chinese guy with the invisible tarp.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=36CIzDdaqJA

Quote Originally Posted by TheGatherer View Post
    Here's the link for the Chinese guy with the invisible tarp.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=36CIzDdaqJA
    There is some image editing involved there, it's most pronounced when he's turning. That is a weaker version of what was released in the links from post #30 years ago.