Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

HEALTH Your Tattoo May Be Poisoning You, Says Study
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Your Tattoo May Be Poisoning You, Says Study

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...cid=spartanntp

New study found that even if your tattoo artist makes sure the tools used are clean, your health could still be at risk.

Tattoos are a great way to express yourself and stand out. Science even says that tattooed men can make great husbands. But there still are negatives to getting them, like always getting a lecture from grandma about how bad they are. Tattoos can also negatively affect your health.

A new study published in NYU Langone Medical Center looked at 300 New Yorkers between the ages 18 and 69 who experienced a rash, itching or swelling that lasted anywhere from four months to several years after getting a tattoo.

The study found that even if your tattoo artist makes sure the tools used are clean, your health could still be at risk.

"The skin is a highly immune-sensitive organ, and the long-term consequences of repeatedly testing the body's immune system with injected dyes and colored inks are poorly understood," explains Marie C. Leger, MD, PhD, study lead, and assistant professor at the Ronald O. Perelman Department of Dermatology. "Some of the reactions appear to be an immune response, yet we do not know who is most likely to have an immune reaction to a tattoo."

So, if your body doesn't get along with the ink or is worn down by it, be prepared for things to backfire. "Given the growing popularity of tattoos," says Leger, "physicians, public health officials, and consumers need to be aware of the risks involved."

You should really weigh the risk in your head before making your next tattoo appointment.

If You’re Thinking of Getting a Tattoo, You Need to Know About These Scary Side Effects
    Patriot Guard rider
    www.patriotguard.org

"Tattoos - the common man's investment in art" - Charles Winchester, MASH

But there still are negatives to getting them, like always getting a lecture from grandma about how bad they are.
    My grandma lectured about them because of Leviticus 19:28.

To avoid religious drift I will leave it at that.

I view the popularity of tattoos as an indicator of the continuing decline of society. YMMV.

I know more people who are having them removed rather than getting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
    Many people are realizing they aren't so edgy and bad-ass after all.

I would never mess up what God gave me. I do think there's a good Biblical warning for not doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
    I've been trying to convince my fifteen-year-old granddaughter that she really does not want to get tattoos...she says she only wants one small one in some inconspicuous spot, but I've always thought that there could be adverse health effects from injecting dyes into your skin, even many years later. Not to mention that what may look 'cool' on a young person usually looks pretty sad on a saggy, wrinkled older person.

Kathleen
    Behold, these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him.
    Job 26:14

wickr ID freeholder45

Ive got tat's, not worried about getting sick, and I have no regrets over any of them. Cant wait to get more!
    Do as thou will, lest ye harm none

@FatTurkeyFarm on twitter

I've always wondered how a face tattoo affects your job interview for a salesman for a company... or any job where you interact with the public.
    Attached Images

God does NOT like graffiti on HIS TEMPLE, your body, a place reserved to be His Holy dwelling place, and He said so in scripture.

Leviticus 19:28 New King James Version (NKJV)

28 You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord.
    By Faith and Trust GET IN the Ark of God's SALVATION,
    sent for YOU, which is the BODY of Christ Jesus, his Son,
    without which NO one comes to the Father(Heaven),but through him.

Around here, arrestees with facial tats are guaranteed front page on the public notice of arrests.
    Still kicking despite the devil's best efforts.

I don't have the medical paper citations with me but you can Google it but they are finding tattoo pigments (some with heavy metals) in the lymphatic systems. That is not a good thing! There also are no safety standards for tat ink formulations, which irks me as the FDA wants to control/get rid of homeopathic "because of safety ...." but nada on tat inks. Besides, technically, a tattoo is an invasive procedure (needle injecting a foreign substance under the skin) but the medical community (aka FDA/AMA) could care less. Personally, I always thought why ruin a perfectly good piece of art with a tat. YMMV

Science even says that tattooed men can make great husbands.
    Who made that up, piece fo journalistic nonsense.

Personally, I am not a tattoo fan, no matter what the age or gender. But, that's just me and I can understand how some people put their passions on their bodies. I would never scorn someone who decides to decorate themselves for their belief.

I also will never, if reason prevails, get a tattoo on my body. My Grandmother on my Dad's side, made me 'promise' to never get one, this was literally on her death bed, she passed within the hour.

Fortunately, the sweetie has none also, I don't anticipate any in the future either...

Also, I've added the 'Leviticus 19:28' interpretations at the bottom. Seems to be a consensus across the board.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by vestige View Post
    My grandma lectured about them because of Leviticus 19:28.

To avoid religious drift I will leave it at that.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leviticus 19:28[

New International Version

"'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.

New Living Translation

"Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the LORD.

English Standard Version

You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the LORD.

New American Standard Bible

'You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD.

King James Bible

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

Christian Standard Bible

You are not to make gashes on your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves; I am the LORD.

Good News Translation

or tattoo yourselves or cut gashes in your body to mourn for the dead. I am the LORD.

Holman Christian Standard Bible

You are not to make gashes on your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves; I am Yahweh."

International Standard Version

"You are not to make incisions in your flesh on account of the dead nor submit to cuts or tattoos. I am the LORD.

NET Bible

You must not slash your body for a dead person or incise a tattoo on yourself. I am the LORD.

New Heart English Bible

"'You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you. I am the LORD.

GOD'S WORD® Translation

Never slash your body to mourn the dead, and never get a tattoo. I am the LORD.

JPS Tanakh 1917

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor imprint any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

New American Standard 1977

‘You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead, nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD.

Jubilee Bible 2000

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you. I am the LORD.

King James 2000 Bible

You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

American King James Version

You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks on you: I am the LORD.

American Standard Version

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am Jehovah.

Douay-Rheims Bible

You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh, for the dead, neither shall you make in yourselves any figures or marks: I am the Lord.

Darby Bible Translation

And cuttings for a dead person shall ye not make in your flesh, nor put any tattoo writing upon you: I am Jehovah.

English Revised Version

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible

"'You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you. I am Yahweh.

Young's Literal Translation

And a cutting for the soul ye do not put in your flesh; and a writing, a cross-mark, ye do not put on you; I am Jehovah.

The health angle would be a great way to wiggle out of taking the mark of the beast. Refuse on health grounds alone.

Now watch, when they start demanding that people take the mark, they'll emphasize that it's made with organic ink.

I grew up in a time where they were rare.........some service people had them after getting them done overseas somewhere is about all I saw.

In my bodybuilding days having a tattoo lost you points in a contest so they were never of interest to me in having any.

I always thought as a person gets older in life their rebel youth tattoos would look silly away.......

I can't believe the amount of people at the gym who have them............and not just the inner city thug types or crazy power lifters........but your everyday office nerds and overweight bat winged arm women too..........

Waste of money......

Quote Originally Posted by don24mac View Post
    I've always wondered how a face tattoo affects your job interview for a salesman for a company... or any job where you interact with the public.
    its even worse when u demonstrate that you cant spell! Jenious?
    Thus let me live, unseen, unknown; thus unlamented let me die; steal from the world, and not a stone tell where I lie.

The best place to be in the event of a nuclear explosion is anywhere you can say: "what the hell was that!?!"
    ><>
    Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.

Men are NOT interested in what God has to say - but what they would rather believe themselves (shamelessly stolen from INVAR).
    <><
    "...no one can jump into the arms of God.
    Oh, no. You have to fall."

Quote Originally Posted by michaelteever View Post
    Personally, I am not a tattoo fan, no matter what the age or gender. But, that's just me and I can understand how some people put their passions on their bodies. I would never scorn someone who decides to decorate themselves for their belief.

I also will never, if reason prevails, get a tattoo on my body. My Grandmother on my Dad's side, made me 'promise' to never get one, this was literally on her death bed, she passed within the hour.

Fortunately, the sweetie has none also, I don't anticipate any in the future either...

Also, I've added the 'Leviticus 19:28' interpretations at the bottom. Seems to be a consensus across the board.

Michael

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leviticus 19:28[

New International Version

"'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.

New Living Translation

"Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the LORD.

English Standard Version

You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the LORD.

New American Standard Bible

'You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD.

King James Bible

Christian Standard Bible

You are not to make gashes on your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves; I am the LORD.

Good News Translation

or tattoo yourselves or cut gashes in your body to mourn for the dead. I am the LORD.

Holman Christian Standard Bible

You are not to make gashes on your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves; I am Yahweh."

International Standard Version

"You are not to make incisions in your flesh on account of the dead nor submit to cuts or tattoos. I am the LORD.

NET Bible

You must not slash your body for a dead person or incise a tattoo on yourself. I am the LORD.

New Heart English Bible

"'You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you. I am the LORD.

GOD'S WORD® Translation

Never slash your body to mourn the dead, and never get a tattoo. I am the LORD.

JPS Tanakh 1917

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor imprint any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

New American Standard 1977

‘You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead, nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD.

Jubilee Bible 2000

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you. I am the LORD.

King James 2000 Bible

You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

American King James Version

You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks on you: I am the LORD.

American Standard Version

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am Jehovah.

Douay-Rheims Bible

You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh, for the dead, neither shall you make in yourselves any figures or marks: I am the Lord.

Darby Bible Translation

And cuttings for a dead person shall ye not make in your flesh, nor put any tattoo writing upon you: I am Jehovah.

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible

"'You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you. I am Yahweh.

Young's Literal Translation

And a cutting for the soul ye do not put in your flesh; and a writing, a cross-mark, ye do not put on you; I am Jehovah.
    It's interesting that God say's it' for the dead. Does anyone know more about why that is or the meaning?

Anyway some of us like me got tattoos when we were younger and were not a Christian yet.

Well, of all the things in my life God can hold against me, I don't think tattoos is one. I have one on my left ankle in memory of my sister who passed in 2003 and one on my right forearm in memory of Mike.

I've been thinking about getting another. Guess I'm going to hell....
    At peace in the arms of Jesus. RIP my love until we meet again.

Quote Originally Posted by annieosage View Post
    Well, of all the things in my life God can hold against me, I don't think tattoos is one. I have one on my left ankle in memory of my sister who passed in 2003 and one on my right forearm in memory of Mike.

It anything, it'll be someone else doing that for judging you.
    Facts?? We don't need no stinkin facts...

Quote Originally Posted by Walrus Whisperer View Post
    its even worse when u demonstrate that you cant spell! Jenious?
    Look closely, and it turns out to be a G.

I have read that all facial tattoos can be interpreted to say "shoot me first." So I've been told, anyway.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

I'm with you Annie. I have them also and each one has meaning. DH has tattoos from his Marine Corps days but I've not counted how many. And he's an awesome husband and an incredible Dad!
    I once was blind but now I see!...
    Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12 In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.”

Look at the pictures in school Year books or old glamour magazines

Make up
    Clothes
    Hairstyles are all constantly changing

Why would ANYONE want a permanent tattoo look that is dated and fades with time and warps with old skin

"The one in the middle is Willie Nelson."

(Old joke)

Don't have any tattoos, with the copious amount of scaring I have, figure they make as much if not more of a statement than tattoos do. I don't judge people on them in a general sense other than a taste factor. Tattoos all over the face and the like are in poor taste imo. Artwork is another point, some of them look like a three year old was turned loose with a tattoo needle gun.

As for the health aspect, anything that penetrates the skin sinking any foriegn material into is an inherent risk. That's an individual risk and not for me to say they shouldn't or should.

My job interviewing days are over, but a visible face or neck tat is good for a five step advance on the shoot-me-first list. EACH ONE is five steps.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by don24mac View Post
    It really spiffies up your mugshot, and simplifies lineups.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

Quote Originally Posted by vestige View Post
    "The one in the middle is Willie Nelson."

(Old joke)
    Old enough to know that joke.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

the problem with so many people getting a tattoo .they get something that has a jail house meaning .and this can cause you trouble in more ways then one .

If a tat is all it takes to get sent to hell, you'll have plenty of company.
    The word RACIST, and the ability to debate race-related issues rationally, are the kryptonite of white common sense.

After the first one, the rest are free.

I have a few friends with tattoos. One I thought was just crazy. She even has a tattoo that sprawls all over her back. Some kind of Native American design. And she has Crone's disease, so I wonder how she's feeling these days, although I haven't heard from her since she moved to the South. I worked with a woman who had tattoos all over both legs, and I'm sure other places. Flowers. Just never worked up the guts to do it to myself. LOL.
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

I posted a similar article on 3/8: Tattoos are permanent, but the science behind them just shifted

http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...ted&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury3 View Post
    It's interesting that God say's it' for the dead. Does anyone know more about why that is or the meaning?

Anyway some of us like me got tattoos when we were younger and were not a Christian yet.

From what I’ve read in my Catholic commentary, the Israelites began cutting their flesh and putting the remains of deceased loved ones in their skin. This was a pagan practice and God strictly forbade it.

As for the word tattoo, it didn’t come into the English language until the mid 1700’s. It’s a Polynesian word the describes ink markings on the skin. There is no word of a tattoo in the bibles before this time, it was added in. The Crusaders had crosses tattooed on their arms to signify if their bodies were found dead from war, they’d receive a Christian burial. I believe you have to factor in what the intent of the person is putting permanent ink on their bodies. Unfortunately today, we see a lot of evil designs.
    marymonde
    +++++++++++++++++++++

``Where the Bishop is, there let the multitude of believers be;
    even as where Jesus is, there is the Catholic Church'' Ignatius of Antioch, 1st c. A.D

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post

My job interviewing days are over, but a visible face or neck tat is good for a five step advance on the shoot-me-first list. EACH ONE is five steps.
    I saw a guy the other day, his whole face and head was tatted up along with his arms. He was panhandling and smoking a cigarette. He might be able to get a ditch digging job or a roofer. When we had our roof replaced, that's the type that showed up to remove the old roof.

Yay! Another Tat bashing thread. After 20 years (next month) in a motorcycle club, I have a few. All of them are covered if I wear sleeves. Personally, I would never consider a face or neck tat, but I have friends with them.
    My daughter has been asking to get her mothers signature inked on her for the last several years. Her mom passed when she was seven. I told her that she can make that decision for herself when she turns 18, not before.

Chili

Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    Yay! Another Tat bashing thread. After 20 years (next month) in a motorcycle club, I have a few. All of them are covered if I wear sleeves. Personally, I would never consider a face or neck tat, but I have friends with them.
    My daughter has been asking to get her mothers signature inked on her for the last several years. Her mom passed when she was seven. I told her that she can make that decision for herself when she turns 18, not before.

Chili
    Same here. My DD-17- wants a tat of her Dad's birthday. I told her she could do what she wants when she turns 18. I got my first tat in honor of my sister when I was 45 and the 2nd, in honor of Mike, when I was 50. I don't care for guys with tattoos on their faces or necks that's just ridiculous IMHO- but arms? Yes please.
    At peace in the arms of Jesus. RIP my love until we meet again.

Science even says that tattooed men can make great husbands.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Who made that up, piece fo journalistic nonsense.
    Maybe if the tattoo says something like, "Property of Maggie. Keep off bitches!"

Quote Originally Posted by marymonde View Post
    From what I’ve read in my Catholic commentary, the Israelites began cutting their flesh and putting the remains of deceased loved ones in their skin. This was a pagan practice and God strictly forbade it.

As for the word tattoo, it didn’t come into the English language until the mid 1700’s. It’s a Polynesian word the describes ink markings on the skin. There is no word of a tattoo in the bibles before this time, it was added in. The Crusaders had crosses tattooed on their arms to signify if their bodies were found dead from war, they’d receive a Christian burial. I believe you have to factor in what the intent of the person is putting permanent ink on their bodies. Unfortunately today, we see a lot of evil designs.
    Polynesian of the Samoan variety specifically. Some will try to argue it was from the latin word stigma, but they would be wrong. The Crusaders were not alone in staining their skin, but the European variant came more along the lines of a brand.

Same here. My DD-17- wants a tat of her Dad's birthday. I told her she could do what she wants when she turns 18. I got my first tat in honor of my sister when I was 45 and the 2nd, in honor of Mike, when I was 50. I don't care for guys with tattoos on their faces or necks that's just ridiculous IMHO- but arms? Yes please.
    Did you grow up with a father that had a naked lady sitting in a martini glass on one arm and on the other arm a naked lady standing? As a child and even into my teen years, I was too embarrassed to have friends over because I didn't want to be the brunt of being humiliated all over again. To this day, I hate tattoos and I vowed to myself to never marry a man with tattoos. But heh, I didn't choose my sperm donor - or egg donor for that matter.