Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CORP/BIZ Google going to close its doors - conspiracy theory or is there anything to back it up?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

5 Google going to close its doors - conspiracy theory or is there anything to back it up?

So, word has come to me that there is a "theory" floating around out there that Google will "crash and burn for good" on March 26th. Yes, that's an exact date. What I want to know is, is this just plain woo, or is there something out there meriting more than a sneer.

Inquiring minds want to know...

From your lips to God's ears.
    If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

Complete woo

I could see them going "dark" to the public someday...though that would only mean that they had gone in cahoots with .gov and become Skynet for real.

First I’ve heard of this, could be very interesting if true

The part of the conspiracy community I inhabit hasn't even heard this....But no,Google is the tip of the spear of the "Deep State"...they ain't goin anywhere.
    JOHN 3:16 / John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE.

I see no reason to think it's true.

Pure insanity.

Firstly it is a publicly owned company. Decisions are made by an elected board. Board members are a bit more intelligent than the average netizen and are answerable to shareholders.

Secondly, Google's market cap has to be around a trillion USD's. One would need to be medicated if they seriously believed that a trillion would 'just close their doors' and be allowed to evaporate.

Complete woo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    So, word has come to me that there is a "theory" floating around out there that Google will "crash and burn for good" on March 26th. Yes, that's an exact date. What I want to know is, is this just plain woo, or is there something out there meriting more than a sneer.

Inquiring minds want to know...
    ...a company of that size, with that many tentacles, shutting down for good in just under two weeks?

It reeks of more woo than the Three Stooges discovering crystal meth.

I suppose it's theoretically possible but you'd have to destroy the entire internet to do it. Either that or it's some kind of shutdown-in-name-only where Google is closed forever and becomes Sentrillion instead.

I haven't heard this. However, I did hear something yesterday. I wasn't paying attention but it was related to some major news about Google; something about singularity in the marketplace.

They also seem to be shifting some of their products. The Google Drive App has been discontinued, for example.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/7/16...p-app-shutdown

I have felt that they were making some major shift since Schmidt resigned. I think we will see major changes soon related to singularity issues.

Cool. G**gle going Galt. I like it. I don't think most of the world understands how much it relies on G**gle. AT. ALL.
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    Uphold the 2nd
    Molon Labe
    We Must Secure the Existance of Our People and a Future for White Children

Not going to happen and well known that while Gorge W. Bush was holding office that our government moved into Google and setup pertinent camp, next to Facebook its the biggest data collecting system there is.
    A internet bill of rights bill with the right wording may cramp their activity and force them to downsize the operation or shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by imaginative View Post
    Pure insanity.

Firstly it is a publicly owned company. Decisions are made by an elected board. Board members are a bit more intelligent than the average netizen and are answerable to shareholders.

Secondly, Google's market cap has to be around a trillion USD's. One would need to be medicated if they seriously believed that a trillion would 'just close their doors' and be allowed to evaporate.

Complete woo.
    You are mostly right. But the assumption that board members are more intelligent than the average netizen - just MIGHT BE woo. LOL. Some of these people can't tie their own shoes.

I think we can discard this rumor as complete, total bunkum. If this actually happened, there would be a lot of turmoil in the equities markets. A lot of institutional shareholders would have some very big problems if such a thing came to pass.

The Obama Administration constitutes a pseudocompetocracy, i.e., rule by those whose primary skill is in feigning competence.

To much money to be lost and worse than that to much info to still be gleaned. never going to happen....
    I am in competition with no one. I have no desire to play the game of being better than anyone. I am simply trying harder to be a better person than I was yesterday.
    TRUTH

Quote Originally Posted by JF&P View Post
    The part of the conspiracy community I inhabit hasn't even heard this....But no,Google is the tip of the spear of the "Deep State"...they ain't goin anywhere.
    I concur.

If an IBR shut down Google, it would also shut down Twitter and FaceBook. That would forever change the financial landscape of the e-world (negatively). If the deep state ever comes down as it should, there may be a possibility of something severe happening to this industry. I can't see the deep state being dismantled, however. I think it's a whole lotta noise with little action. We are too far down the road to stop the course that has been set, IMO.

I think it may happen. If not crash and burn, at least severely changed. There are things going on that we do not know about.
    AKA bobinky, just an old coot livin' on a hillside in Kentucky.

They are also shutting down Project Tango now or very soon.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/google-...in-march-2018/

It seems to me that they are moving rapidly toward complete AI infrastructure. That would be opposite of a complete shut down of the company.

No. Google has some of the best information-gathering/analysis and social-engineering tools on the planet. Too useful. Too POWERFUL to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by TorahTips View Post
    If an IBR shut down Google, it would also shut down Twitter and FaceBook. That would forever change the financial landscape of the e-world (negatively). If the deep state ever comes down as it should, there may be a possibility of something severe happening to this industry. I can't see the deep state being dismantled, however. I think it's a whole lotta noise with little action. We are too far down the road to stop the course that has been set, IMO.
    bold: IMO that would be a blessing, disastrous or not, but I am just an ignorant, retired hillbilly.

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Not going to happen and well known that while Gorge W. Bush was holding office that our government moved into Google and setup pertinent camp, next to Facebook its the biggest data collecting system there is.
    A internet bill of rights bill with the right wording may cramp their activity and force them to downsize the operation or shut down.
    May be something related to the pending Internet Bill of Rights (IBR) - one of the IBR "planks" discussed had to do with wanting to stop the data mining of an internet user's personal data - THIS is Google's main money-maker, to be sure. But, while such a rule would certainly negatively impact Google's revenue stream, IF such a "plank" were to become law via the IBR, Google should be able to continue to mine for non-user identifiable meta-data, and broad, useful statistical/demographic data (the ORIGINAL PROMISE made to users, back in the cave-man days of the internet, if one recalls that discussion 25 years ago.)

There has been consistent chatter about breaking Google/Alphabet up into individual companies, in an anti-monopoly move.

Lastly, it is my belief that Google would not have become the internet giant that it is without the very patient and persistent help of In-Q-Tell, the CIA's technology capital investment group, and other lucrative sole-source IC/Mil government data mining contracts.

Your tax dollars at work - against you.

Of course, it could all simply be a typical chess move by "The Donald" - start the negative Google rumors flying - as the Trump organization clamps down on citizen personal data abuses by the tech giants.

If an IBR shut down Google, it would also shut down Twitter and FaceBook. That would forever change the financial landscape of the e-world (negatively).
    Amazon could also be in these same cross-hairs, too, being as they also gather and sift/sell(?) customer personal data.

On a larger global scope, what's to stop Google from moving some larger amount of its operations to, say, China, or India, if the Feds decide to attenuate their business model?

Also, bear in mind that the Chinese government enjoys the possibilities of deep data mining at a push of a button - instant dossiers, plus the geographical location of the targeted individual, ready for pickup, and a visit, with their gestapo.

What fun!

"How was your day, honey?"

intothegoodnight
    Last edited by intothatgoodnight; 03-13-2018 at 12:21 PM.
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

ó Dylan Thomas, "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"

I've not heard this at all. Sounds highly unlikely to me, given that Google is a huge corporation out to make a lot of money. Any documented source saying something like this?

Yes a lot of these big companies are in trouble. I even heard that Twitter and Facebook are going to merge. The new company will be called Twitface.

I wouldn't be totally surprised if "google" went away but not really; aka the name changes and become Alphabet Soup (pun intended) or some other silly thing and/or "goes away" in that it is "broken up" (before legislation can do so or it is declared a monopoly) into smaller companies that are still all really Google but called something else.

I can't see the actual players going away short of an internet collapse (anytime soon) but I can easily see a preemptive break-up on their own (and probably the CIA's) terms rather than waiting for an anti-trust suit and the courts to get their fingers into things.

Interesting as this is the first I have heard of this as well...
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

be interesting to see if anti trust was involved.

maybe a break up forced like ITT etc?

Probably still link up behind the scenes and business as usual for deep state swamp critters
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

You have Prager U's lawsuit represented by former CA Gov. Pete Wilson against Youtube/Google because they kicked off some of their videos. This was filed about a week ago. You have AT&T's Internet Bill of Rights and another version that has been communally worked on through the discord platform. (I think Corsi is going to introduce a rough draft to his audience. He got kicked off Youtube then reinstated.)

Thoughts are that anti-trust action will be brought and regulations to break up the monopolies and implement an Internet Bill of Rights will be put in place through either the Federal Trade Commission or the FCC.

I saw articles recently that insiders are selling off tech stocks like mad. I also saw one that Google and the Feds had made some sort of deal on collaboration. I will look and see if I can find it.
    Attached Images
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." George Orwell

This was it - not what I thought it was

https://theintercept.com/2018/03/06/...eting-project/

Google Is Quietly Providing AI Technology for Drone Strike Targeting Project

Google has quietly secured a contract to work on the Defense Department’s new algorithmic warfare initiative, providing assistance with a pilot project to apply its artificial intelligence solutions to drone targeting.

The military contract with Google is routed through a Northern Virginia technology staffing company called ECS Federal, obscuring the relationship from the public.

The contract, first reported Tuesday by Gizmodo, is part of a rapid push by the Pentagon to deploy state-of-the-art artificial intelligence technology to improve combat performance.

Google, which has made strides in applying its proprietary deep learning tools to improve language translation, and vision recognition, has a cross-team collaboration within the company to work on the AI drone project.

The team, The Intercept has learned, is working to develop deep learning technology to help drone analysts interpret the vast image data vacuumed up from the military’s fleet of 1,100 drones to better target bombing strikes against the Islamic State.

The race to adopt cutting-edge AI technology was announced in April 2017 by then-Deputy Defense Secretary Robert Work, who unveiled an ambitious plan called the Algorithmic Warfare Cross-Functional Team, code-named Project Maven. The initiative, Work wrote in an agency-wide memo, is designed to “accelerate DoD’s integration of big data and machine learning” and “turn the enormous volume of data available to DoD into actionable intelligence and insights at speed.”

The first phase of Project Maven, which incorporates multiple teams from across the Defense Department, is an effort to automate the identification and classification of images taken by drones — cars, buildings, people — providing analysts with increased ability to make informed decisions on the battlefield.

“The technology flags images for human review, and is for non-offensive uses only,” a Google spokesperson told Bloomberg. “Military use of machine learning naturally raises valid concerns. We’re actively discussing this important topic internally and with others as we continue to develop policies and safeguards around the development and use of our machine learning technologies.”

The idea is to essentially provide a recommendation tool, so that the AI program can quickly single out points of interest around a type of event or target so that drone analysts can work more efficiently.

The department announced last year that the AI initiative, just over six months after being announced, was used by intelligence analysts for drone strikes against ISIS in an undisclosed location in the Middle East.

Gregory C. Allen, an adjunct fellow with the Center for New American Security, says the initiative has a number of unusual characteristics, from its rapid development to the level of integration with contractors.

“The developers had access to the end-users very early on in the process. They recognized that [with] AI systems … you had to understand what your end-user was going to do with them,” Allen said. “The military has an awful lot of experts in analyzing drone imagery: ‘These are the parts of my job I hate, here’s what I’d like to automate.’ There was this iterative development process that was very familiar in the commercial software world, but unfamiliar in the defense world.”

“They were proud of how fast the development went, they were proud of the quality they were getting,” added Allen, co-author of “Artificial Intelligence and National Security,” a report on behalf of the U.S. Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity.

While the contract with Google has gone unreported until today, Project Maven leaders have not been shy about their push to partner with Silicon Valley and harness the growing reach of commercial AI technology.

Not long after the formation of the Defense Innovation Board, which was created in 2016 to encourage the military adoption of breakthrough technology, the board released a set of recommendations that stressed the importance of adopting artificial intelligence and machine learning, stressing that technological superiority with AI is as important as “nuclear weapons in the 1940s and with precision-guided weapons and stealth technology afterward.”

The DIB — which is chaired by Eric Schmidt, former executive chair of Alphabet, Google’s parent company — recommended “an exchange program and collaboration with industry and academic experts in the field.”

Lt. Gen. John N.T. “Jack” Shanahan, director for defense intelligence overseeing Project Maven, joked at the GeoINT2017 conference that he hoped Google would start sharing more of what it knows with the Pentagon. “On the far end of the scale, you see Google. They don’t tell us what they have, unless anyone from Google wants to whisper in my ear later,” he said.
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." George Orwell

my $$$ is on woo

they're publically traded - would need to file w/ the SEC
    Frugal is the new black!!
    http://www.bethefrugaldiva.com
    Get cashback on your online purchases!!!
    http://www.ebates.com/refer-a-friend...o%2FgWeg%3D%3D

I Googled, "Google to close on March 26" and got this result:

Google will never go down, until arrest has been done on the Deep State at the top. Once the dominoes starts to fall, it will take down not only google, but Facebook, Twitter & YouTube.

The second revolution has begun! Everyone needs to get behind our President and help him with the fight before us.

Spread the News to all Patriots to Stand Up and Fight! Fight! Fight!

God Bless America!

I've heard rumor of a reorganization similar to what they did with Alphabet inc. They might announce intent on that date, but it would take a while to implement, especially if they create more subsidiaries.

Closing their doors outright isn't going to happen, that much is woo.
    Facts?? We don't need no stinkin facts...

They're a multinational org with just south of $100B in *cash* on hand. I could see a reorg (as others have mentioned above) but I'm not sure exactly how they could crash and burn on a specific day.

Google shutting down??

Gotta be woo.
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."
    Claire Wolfe

March 26 is the day the petro-yuan begins trading on the futures markets.
    Man. GMOW.
    Resist Or Submit.
    It is too late, for words...

______Resistor
    ____/VVVVVV\__

I have heard nothing of this in either the security community nor the dark side where I play and learn.

the only way that happens is if there is something much worse waiting under the corset
    float like a butterfly...

Interesting for me as an educator who has been directed to use google drive and classroom. Hm...have I wasted countless hour getting certified in all things google for naught?

Isnít China set to shift to Gold-backed currency 3/26 also? Wonder if thatís more than coincidence?

If an IBR shut down Google, it would also shut down Twitter and FaceBook.
    I find it interesting that FB seems to suddenly be in the headlines having problems.