Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

OP-ED Think They’ll Never ‘Come and Take’ Your Guns Without an Armed Revolt? Think Again!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Don't be surprised to see a social media call out. Where friends publicly call out by name for their friends to disarm.

So what's the group-think on this?

https://ruger.com/products/americanR...et/models.html

Ruger model 8348. Barrel seems a bit short but it's only 22LR afterall.
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    Uphold the 2nd
    Molon Labe
    We Must Secure the Existance of Our People and a Future for White Children

Quote Originally Posted by 20Gauge View Post
    Too logical. When parents die or when a house call is made. Guns are removed. Children who grow up under these laws will be the most effective tool for gun removal. They will see them and then turn them in. Self removal from the home. Much like self deportation. It won't be quick, but it will be effective.
    Good point. It's still a multi-generational affair. The idea of a door-to-door gun grab is ludicrous at best. They do better waiting for the gun holders to die off rather than to risk a messy confrontation.

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreLibs View Post

but it's only 22LR afterall.
    Ask any Game Warden or Wildlife police or better yet, ask around and talk to a poacher. You know in a rural area you have an idea who might be ignoring the rules. Many, many deer are dropped by the lowly 22lr every year.
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

Looks good. Already has a threaded muzzle, 16" of barrel is plenty for a .22LR. And it's a bolt gun so it's all sealed up when it goes bang, no blowback breech to leak noise.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by greysage View Post
    Don't be surprised to see a social media call out. Where friends publicly call out by name for their friends to disarm.
    Yeah, social media... In the vernacular of one fiction AKA Tony Montana. Social media “is one big fat ***** waiting to get ******!

Screw facehook

It might be worthwhile to review http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...ionary-War-Era) , just for a little historical context.

History sometimes rhymes ...
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto

For a quiet 22 rifle, make sure you have sub-sonic ammo. Normal 22LR is slightly above the speed of sound and the resulting sonic crack is the primary noise when firing a 22 rifle.
    22LR doesn't have much powder and is easily all burned while the bullet is still in the rifle barrel.
    Subsonic ammo makes a 22 rifle sound like a quiet pellet rifle without a silencer.
    Add a 22 silencer with the subsonic ammo and that is the closest I've ever heard to truly silent shooting.
    Not quiet, but silent; the firing pin hitting the rim of the case seems loud.
    It doesn't have to be a bolt-action either. A 10/22 with subsonic ammo and a urethane bolt buffer is quiet; add a silencer and it's damn near silent.
    The key is starting with subsonic 22LR (about 950-1000fps).

Quote Originally Posted by dogmanan View Post
    Rember to get some 765.54r light armor peresing bullets, for when the thugs come after you wearing vests, this round will go through two of those vests, so when they are lined up to storm in you get to get two for one.

They are black or yellow tip.

You can still buy them in a sealed spam can of 440 rounds two cans make a case, they used to be years ago 22.00 dollars for a 440 round spam can 44.00 dollars for a two can case, well the price has changed now that case cost you around between 200.00 to 300.00 dollars, but it is still worth it.

Question: What level body armor do they use? Standard .223 or 5.56 will penetrate level 3 armor. Paul Harrell has some videos demonstrating this principal. Not 100% sure of the effectiveness.

Sundown and sunrise at coffin rock to go with window war.

http://www.firearmsandliberty.com/sundown.html

This article was originally posted to the Internet by "Annonymous"
    This story originally appeared in "The Blue Press" (a catalog/magazine put out by Dillon Precision Products, Inc., 7442 Butherus Drive, Scottsdale, AZ 85260, phone 602-948-8009.) The editor, Mark Pixler, was kind enough to allow distribution on the Internet.
    This story may be reprinted as long as due credit is given to the author and publisher.

Sundown at Coffin Rock
    by Raymond K. Paden

The old man walked slowly through the dry, fallen leaves of autumn, his practiced eye automatically choosing the bare and stony places in the trail for his feet. There was scarcely a sound as he passed, though his left knee was stiff with scar tissue. He grunted occasionally as the tight sinews pulled. Damn chainsaw, he thought.

Behind him, the boy shuffled along, trying to imitate his grandfather, but unable to mimic the silent motion that the old man had learned during countless winter days upon this wooded mountain in pursuit of game. He's fifteen years old, the old man thought. Plenty old enough to be learning. But that was another time, another America. His mind drifted, and he saw himself, a fifteen-year-old boy following in the footsteps of his own grandfather, clutching a twelve gauge in his trembling hands as they tracked a wounded whitetail.

The leg was hurting worse now, and he slowed his pace a bit. Plenty of time. It should have been my own son here with me now, the old man thought sadly. But Jason had no interest, no understanding. He cared for nothing but pounding on the keys of that damned computer terminal. He knew nothing about the woods, or where food came from...or freedom. And that's my fault, isn't it?

The old man stopped and held up his hand, motioning for the boy to look. In the small clearing ahead, the deer stood motionless, watching them. It was a scraggly buck, underfed and sickly, but the boy's eyes lit up with excitement. It had been many years since they had seen even a single whitetail here on the mountain. After the hunting had stopped, the population had exploded. The deer had eaten the mountain almost bare until erosion had become a serious problem in some places. That following winter, three starving does had wandered into the old man's yard, trying to eat the bark off of his pecan trees, and he had wished the "animal rights" fanatics could have been there then. It was against the law, but old man knew a higher law, and he took an axe into the yard and killed the starving beasts. They did not have the strength to run.

The buck finally turned and loped away, and they continued down the trail to the river. When they came to the "Big Oak," the old man turned and pushed through the heavy brush beside the trail and the boy followed, wordlessly. The old man knew that Thomas was curious about their leaving the trail, but the boy had learned to move silently (well, almost) and that meant no talking. When they came to "Coffin Rock," the old man sat down upon it and motioned for the boy to join him.

"You see this rock, shaped like a casket?" the old man asked. "Yes sir." The old man smiled. The boy was respectful and polite. He loved the outdoors, too. Everything a man could ask in a grandson ....or a son.

"I want you to remember this place, and what I'm about to tell you. A lot of it isn't going to make any sense to you, but it's important and one day you'll understand it well enough. The old man paused. Now that he was here, he didn't really know where to start.

"Before you were born," he began at last, "this country was different. I've told you about hunting, about how everybody who obeyed the law could own guns. A man could speak out, anywhere, without worrying about whether he'd get back home or not. School was different, too. A man could send his kids to a church school, or a private school, or even teach them at home. But even in the public schools, they didn't spend all their time trying to brainwash you like they do at yours now." The old man paused, and was silent for many minutes. The boy was still, watching a chipmunk scavenging beside a fallen tree below them.

"Things don't ever happen all at once, boy. They just sort of sneak up on you. Sure, we knew guns were important; we just didn't think it would ever happen in America. But we had to do something about crime, they said. It was a crisis. Everything was a crisis! It was a drug crisis, or a terrorism crisis, or street crime, or gang crime. Even a 'health care' crisis was an excuse to take away a little more of our rights." The old man turned to look at his grandson.

"They ever let you read a thing called the Constitution down there at your school?" The boy solemnly shook his head. "Well, the Fourth Amendment's still in there. It says there won't be any unreasonable searches and seizures. It says you're safe in your own home." The old man shrugged. "That had to go. It was a crisis! They could kick your door open any time, day or night, and come in with guns blazing if they thought you had drugs ...or later, guns. Oh, at first it was just registration -- to keep the guns out of the hands of criminals! But that didn't work, of course, and then later when they wanted to take 'em they knew where to look. They banned 'assault rifles', and then 'sniper rifles', and 'Saturday night specials.' Everything you saw on the TV or in the movies was against us. God knows the news people were! And the schools were teaching our kids that nobody needed guns anymore. We tried to take a stand, but we felt like the whole face of our country had changed and we were left outside."

"Me and a friend of mine, when we saw what was happening, we came and built a secret place up here on the mountain. A place where we could put our guns until we needed them. We figured some day Americans would remember what it was like to be free, and what kind of price we had to pay for that freedom. So we hid our guns instead of losing them."

"One fellow I knew disagreed. He said we ought to use our guns now and stand up to the government. Said that the colonists had fought for their freedom when the British tried to disarm them at Lexington and Concord. Well, he and a lot of others died in what your history books call the 'Tax Revolt of 1998,' but son, it wasn't the revolt that caused the repeal of the Second Amendment like your history book says. The Second Amendment was already gone long before they ever repealed it. The rest of us thought we were doing the right thing by waiting. I hope to God we were right."

"You see, Thomas. It isn't government that makes a man free. In the end, governments always do just the opposite. They gobble up freedom like hungry pigs. You have to have laws to keep the worst in men under control, but at the same time the people have to have guns, too, in order to keep the government itself under control. In our country, the people were supposed to be the final authority of the law, but that was a long time ago. Once the guns were gone, there was no reason for those who run the government to give a damn about laws and constitutional rights and such. They just did what they pleased and anyone who spoke out...well, I'm getting ahead of myself."

"It took a long time to collect up all the millions of firearms that were in private hands. The government created a whole new agency to see to it. There were rewards for turning your friends in, too. Drug dealers and murderers were set free after two or three years in prison, but possession of a gun would get you mandatory life behind bars with no parole.

"I don't know how they found out about me, probably knew I'd been a hunter all those years, or maybe somebody turned me in. They picked me up on suspicion and took me down to the federal building."

"Son, those guys did everything they could think of to me. Kept me locked up in this little room for hours, no food, no water. They kept coming in, asking me where the guns were. 'What guns?' I said. Whenever I'd doze off, they'd come crashing in, yelling and hollering. I got to where I didn't know which end was up. I'd say I wanted my lawyer and they'd laugh. 'Lawyers are for criminals', they said. 'You'll get a lawyer after we get the guns.' What's so funny is, I know they thought they were doing the right thing. They were fighting crime!"

"When I got home I found Ruth sitting in the middle of the living room floor, crying her eyes out. The house was a shambles. While I was down there, they'd come out and took our house apart. Didn't need a search warrant, they said. National emergency! Gun crisis! Your grandma tried to call our preacher and they ripped the phone off the wall. Told her that they'd go easy on me if she just told them where I kept my guns." The old man laughed. "She told them to go to hell." He stared into the distance for a moment as his laughter faded.

"They wouldn't tell her about me, where I was or anything, that whole time. She said that she'd thought I was dead. She never got over that day, and she died the next December."

"They've been watching me ever since, off and on. I guess there's not much for them to do anymore, now that all the guns are gone. Plenty of time to watch one foolish old man." He paused. Beside him, the boy stared at the stone beneath his feet.

"Anyway, I figure that, one day, America will come to her senses. Our men will need those guns and they'll be ready. We cleaned them and sealed them up good; they'll last for years. Maybe it won't be in your lifetime, Thomas. Maybe one day you'll be sitting here with your son or grandson. Tell him about me, boy. Tell him about the way I said America used to be." The old man stood, his bad leg shaking unsteadily beneath him.

"You see the way this stone points? You follow that line one hundred feet down the hill and you'll find a big round rock. It looks like its buried solid, but one man with a good pry bar can lift it, and there's a concrete tunnel right under there that goes back into the hill."

The old man stood, watching as the sun eased toward the ridge, coloring the sky and the world red. Below them, the river still splashed among the stones, as it had for a million years. It's still going, the old man thought. There'll be someone left to carry on for me when I'm gone. It was harder to walk back. He felt old and purposeless now, and it would be easier, he knew, to give in to that aching heaviness in his left lung that had begun to trouble him more and more. Damn cigarettes, he thought. His leg hurt, and the boy silently came up beside him and supported him as they started down the last mile toward the house. How quiet he walks, the old man thought. He's learned well.

It was almost dark when the boy walked in. His father looked up from his paper. "Did you and your granddad have a nice walk?"

"Yes," the boy answered, opening the refrigerator. "You can call Agent Goodwin tomorrow. Gramps finally showed me where it is."

-------

Here follows part two
    Moccasintracks

------

Sunrise at Coffin Rock
    by Raymond K. Paden

Thomas sat alone upon the cold stone, shivering slightly in the chilly pre-dawn air of this April morning. The flashlight was turned off, resting beside him on the bare granite of Coffin Rock, and involuntarily he strained his eyes in the gray non-light of the false dawn, trying to make out the shapes of the trees, and the mountains across the river. Below, he could hear the chuckling of the water as it crossed the polished stones. How many times had he fished there, his grandfather beside him.

He tried to shrug away the memories, but why else had he come here except to remember.1 Perhaps to escape the inevitable confrontation with his mother. She would have to be told sooner or later, but Thomas infinitely preferred later.

"Mom, I've been expelled from the university, he said aloud in a conversational tone. Some small night animal, startled by the sudden sound, scurried away to the right. "I know this means you won't get that upgrade to C-3, and they'll probably turn you down for that surgery now. Gee, Mom, I'm sorry." It sounded so stupid. "Why?" she would ask. "How?"

How could he explain that? The endless arguments. The whispered warnings. The subtle threats. Dennis had told him to expect this. Dennis had lost his parents back in the First Purge back in 2004, and his bitter hatred of the State's iron rule had failed to ruin him only because of his unique and accomplished abilities as an actor. Only with Thomas did he open up. Only with Thomas did he relate the things he had earned while in the Youth Reeducation Camp near Charleston. Thomas shuddered.

It was his own fault, he knew. He should have kept his mouth shut like Dennis told him. All of his friends had come and shook his hand and pounded him on the back. "That's telling them, Adams!" they said. But their voices were hushed and they glanced over their shoulders as they congratulated him. And later, when the "volunteers" of the Green Ribbon Squad kicked his *** all over the shower room, they had stood by in nervous silence; their faces turned away, their eyes averted, and their tremulous voices silent.

He sighed. Could he blame them? He'd been afraid too, when the squad walked up and surrounded him, and if he could have taken back those proud words he would have. Anyone is afraid when they can't fight back, he'd discovered. So they taught him a lesson, and he had expected it to end there. But then yesterday had come the call to Dr. Morton's office, and the brief hearing that had ended his career at the university. "Thomas," Morton had intoned, "You owe everything to the State."

Thomas snorted.

The light was growing now. He could see the pale, rain-washed granite in the grayness as if it glowed. Coffin Rock was now a knob, a raised promontory that jutted up from a wide, unbroken arm of the mountain's stony roots, its cover of soil pushed away. There were deep gouges scraped across the surface of the rock where the backhoe had tried, vainly, to force the mountain to reveal its secrets. He was too old to cry now, but Thomas Adams closed his eyes tightly as he relived those moments that had forever changed his life.

The shouts and angry accusations as the agents found no secret arms cache still seemed to ring in his ears. They had threatened him with arrest, and once he had thought the government agent named Goodwin would actually strike him. At last, though, they had accepted defeat and turned down the mountain, following the gashed trail of the back-hoe as it rumbled ahead through the woods.

At home, he had found his mother and father standing, ashen faced, in the doorway.

"They took your grandpa," his father said in disbelief. "Just after you left, they put him in a van and took him. "

"But they said they wouldn't!" Thomas had shouted. He ran across the yard to the old man's cottage. The door was standing open and he wandered from room to room calling for the grandfather he would never see alive again.

It was his heart, they said. Two days after they had taken him, someone called and tersely announced that the old man had died at the indigent clinic a few hours after his arrest "Sorry," the faceless voice had muttered. Thomas had wept at the funeral, but it was only in later years that he had come to understand the greatest tragedy of that day-that the old man had died alone, knowing that his own grandson had betrayed him.

That grandson was Thomas Adams, and he was now too old to cry but in the growing light of the cold mountain dawn, he did anyway.

Thomas was certain that his father's de-certification six months later was due to the debacle in the forest. As much as anyone did these days, they had "owned" their home, but the Certification Board would still have evicted them except for the intervention of Cousin Lou, who worked for the State Supervisor. As it was, they lost all privileges and, when his father came down with pneumonia the next autumn, medical treatment was denied. He had died three days after the first anniversary of Grandpa's death.

Thomas had been sure that he would be turned down at the University, but once again his cousin had intervened and a slot had "opened" for him. But now that's finished he reflected He would be unable to obtain any certification other than manual laborer. "Why didn't I keep my mouth shut" he asked the morning stillness. In a tree behind him, a mockingbird began to sing its ageless song, and as if in answer, the forest below began to twitter and chirp with the voices of other birds, greeting the new day.

No, what he had said had been the truth and nothing could change that. The State was wrong. It was evil. It was unnatural for men to be slaves of their government, always skulking, always holding their tongues lest they anger The State. But there is no "State," Thomas considered. There are only evil men, holding power over other men. And anyone who speaks out, who dares to challenge that power, is crushed.

If only there was a way to fight back!

Thomas shifted on the stone, hanging his feet off the downhill side. His feet had almost touched the grass that day, but now, although his legs were certainly longer, it was at least ten inches to the scarred rock surface below. As he kicked his heels back and forth, he could almost hear h is grandfather speaking to him from long ago...

"One day, America will come to her senses. Our men will need those guns and they'll be ready. We cleaned them and sealed them up good' they'll last for years. Maybe it won't be in your lifetime, Thomas. Maybe one day you'll be sitting here with your son or grandson. Tell him about me, boy. Tell him about the way I said America used to be.

"You see the way this stone points." the old man was saying. "You follow that line one hundred feet..." Thomas' heels were suddenly still. For many minutes he did not move, playing those words over and over in his mind. "...Follow that line..."

What hidden place in his brain had concealed those words all of these years. How could the threats have failed to dislodge it? He stood upon shaky legs and climbed down from Coffin Rock. In his mind's eye, he could see the old man pointing and he walked down the hill and through a clinging briar patch, counting off the paces. The round stone did seem sol idly buried, but he scratched around near the base and found that the rock ended just an inch or so beneath the surface. "One man with a good bar can lift it," Grandfather had said. Thomas forced his fingers beneath the stone and, with all the strength in his 21-year-old body, he lifted. The stone came up, and he slid it off to one side. Cool air drifted up from the dark opening in the mountain. Thomas looked to the right where the scars of the State's frustration ended, only 15 or 20 feet away. They had been that close.

He squatted and stared into the darkness and then remembered his flashlight. In a moment, he was back with it, probing into the darkness with the yellow beam. There was a small patch of moisture just inside, but then the tunnel climbed upwards toward the ridge. On hands and knees, he entered.

It was uncomfortably close for the first 20 feet or so, then the cavern opened up around him. The men who had built this place, he saw, had taken a natural crevice in the granite rock, sealed it with masses of poured concrete, and then covered it with earth. The main chamber was bigger than the living room of a house, and they had left an opening up near the peak of the vaulted roof where fresh air and a faint, filtered light entered.

Wooden boxes and crates were stacked everywhere on concrete blocks; up off of the floor, stenciled with legends like, RIFLE, CAL. 30 M1, 9MM PARA, M193 BALL, 7.62 x 39MM, and 5.56MM. He pushed between them and crawled to the wall where he found cardboard boxes wrapped with plastic sheeting. They were imprinted with strange names like CCI, OLIN, WW748, BULLSEYE, and RL 550B.

He did not know what the crates and boxes contained, and was afraid to break the seals, but near the center of the room he found a plastic-wrapped carton labeled, OPEN THIS FIRST. With his penknife, he slit the heavy plastic wrapping.

It contained books, he saw with some disappointment. But he studied the titles and found that they were manuals on weapons and how to repair them, how to clean them, how to fire them, and ammunition...how to store it, and how to reload it. And here was something unusual' A History of the United States. He lifted it from the carton and crawled back to the open air. Leaning against a stone, he tore open the heavy vinyl bag that enclosed the book and began to read at random, flipping the pages every few moments. On each page, something new met his eye; contradicting everything he had ever been taught.

Freedom is not won, he learned, by proud words and declarations.

He remembered a quotation taught at the University' "Blood alone moves the wheels of history." An Italian dictator named Mussolini had said that, but now he read of a man named Patrick C Henry who said, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Mao was required reading at the University, too, and he now recalled that this man called a "hero" by The State - had once said, "Political power comes out of the barrel of a gun."

Freedom is never granted, it is won. Won by men who are willing to die, willing to lose everything so that others may have the greatest possession of all: liberty.

Mentally, he began to list those he could trust. Men who had been arrested for speaking out. Women whose husbands had been arrested and never returned. Friends who had been denied certification because of their fathers' military records. The countryside seethed with anger and frustration. These were people who longed to be free, but who had no means to resist...until now.

Thomas laid the book aside and then worked the stone back into position, carefully placing leaves and moss around the base to hide any evidence that it had been disturbed. He tucked the book under his arm and started for home with the rays of the rising sun warming his back. He imagined his grandfather's touch in the heat. A forgiving touch.

A long, hard struggle was coming, and he knew with a certainty that defied explanation that he would not live to see the day America would once again be free. His blood and that of many patriots and tyrants would be spilled, but perhaps America's tree of Liberty would live and flourish again.

There is a long line stretching through the history of this world a line of those who valued freedom more than their lives. Thomas Adams now took his place at the end of that column as he determined that he would have liberty, or death. He would be in good company.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Cobra View Post
    And how many rearmed themselves after hurricane Katrina was all over in New Orleans?
    haha, a lot, not just rearmed, but also armed. Although I've always been afraid of guns no use to look here.

Judy

Applies here and now the same as it did over there back then:

"And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?… The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin’s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If…if…We didn’t love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation…. We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward." ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
    "You never had the things you thought you should have had and you'll not get them now..."

17 Everybody needs at least one

https://www.airgundepot.com/demoliti...h-article.html

Silenced, non regulated air rifle, ballistics comparable with 45 auto.

Nowski, this one's for you!

magilla

Remember "Rules for Radicals" and "Overton Window" techniques only truly work when they've got the "normal rules" of behavior to hide behind. Considering the situation they themselves have put into play with the last election to today with polarization and the light of day shining upon them, that may well not be enough for them to get away with that sort of MSM spread rhetoric.

The fuse is burning - to either get a gun grab done soon, or witness the opening bell of national level festivities without trying the gun grab.

Time is not on ANYONE's side right now, on either side of any political issue.

http://anepigone.blogspot.com/2018/0...olon-labe.html

Gen Z: Molon Labe

From Reuters-Ipsos polling, the percentages of people, by selected demographic characteristics, who oppose banning [the sale or possession of] "semi-automatic" weapons (N = 2,575):

Have a white pill, fam. The generation with its back against the wall is the one that just might save us all.

Parenthetically, the scare quotes around semi-automatic in the opening sentence are partly editorial. Nearly every gun in the country not an antique is semi-automatic, but most non-enthusiasts don't know that. They hear the word "automatic" and think what is being referred to is some special class of military-grade weapon capable of mowing down an entire mob of zombies. They don't realize the hunting rifle in their neighbor's basement is a semi-automatic.

If the terminology was changed to something like "hunting rifles", the demographic gaps would likely remain similar, but opposition to banning would be higher across the board.

The school walkout movement is being driven by old vinegar-drinking scolds. The students are pawns. The little weasel who has been Hogging the spotlight is not a representative zyklon.

The correlation between gun grabbing and being long in the tooth holds among members of both political parties:

If there is hope, it rests in young men wearing red hats. White Republicans under the age of 30 are the demographic in strongest opposition to gun grabbing.

Posted by Audacious Epigone at 8:16 PM

Labels: Gen Z, Guns, Polling, Western revival, White Man's burden

25 comments:
    Last edited by Dozdoats; 03-13-2018 at 10:00 PM.

SquonkHunter:
    Applies here and now the same as it did over there back then:

yes it does
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

cancel reply
    Last edited by parable; 03-13-2018 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PghPanther View Post
    Their goal is easy......

.....just keep the social Marxist indoctrination of the ever shrinking White male population through public schooling and the required university humanity courses.............keep everyone else identifying with a marginalized group of victimhood from the oppressors.........aka old White straight males... and wait until the older White male traditional Americans (aka oppressors) die off and you take over without ever firing a shot........

A bloodless revolution in slow motion at first now with ever accelerating pace as the demographics of the country change.......and the process keeps everything intact for the commies........

They got to the kids..........they got to the educational institutions........media, entertainment and marketing...............it took a while but they got there and made a joke of Senator McCarthy who might be shown to be the "Paul Revere" of the baby boomer generation...

"The commies are coming"........"the commies are coming", he cried..............and we were conditioned to laugh and marginalize him.........
    Superb analysis.

(note that I placed in bold)

https://phlegmfatale.blogspot.com/20...llennials.html

Saturday, March 10, 2018
    The lesson from 9/11 that millennials have yet to learn: a call to resistance

If a young American person is lucky, she will grow up with parents who teach her about boundaries. These boundaries are founded on the principles of selfhood ranging from intellectual freedom, to the sanctity of one’s physical health and safety. However, the Nanny State tells her that everyone around her is responsible for her well-being, both emotional and physical, so they will put in place measures to protect her. These measures include legislative foam bumpers on social interactions to insure that she never has her feelings hurt, and gun-free zones that are meant to seduce her into thinking they have taken care of everything. However, the Nanny State represents itself falsely: they cannot guarantee our girl a life free of emotional pain from others, or that she will never be at the wrong end of a gun barrel.

Fortunately for this girl, there is a relatively recent example in American history on which this she—and every American—may model their behavior in those off-script situations in which everything has gang aft agley: the case of United Flight 93, in which a group of people who faced certain doom determined to embugger the nefarious plans of evil people. This lesson is a prime illustration that passivity is useless, and that sometimes, we must risk the ultimate harm to ourselves to stop bad people in their tracks and keep them from harming possibly thousands more people.

On September 11, 2001, four commercial planes were commandeered by terrorists in a synchronized effort to inflict maximum damage and casualties on American institutions. Armed with razor-bladed boxcutters, a group of men on each plane killed the pilots and subdued the passengers. Two flights ended at the World Trade Center towers in New York City, resulting in the deaths of thousands in those buildings and all souls on the planes. One plane was crashed into the Pentagon to yet more disastrous effect. However, passengers on the fourth plane, United Flight 93, learned via phone calls to friends and family on land that the hijacking was part of a larger planned attack. They knew they were going to die, so they determined to do what they could to thwart the ultimate plans of their attackers. The story of those 33 passengers rushing the terrorists with little more than determination and brute strength is awe-inspiring, and they most likely saved hundreds or thousands of lives at whatever structure was meant to be the crash site for which the terrorists aimed. The heroes of Flight 93 did not need to be told about boundaries: their lives in the hands of people who were the mind-numbed products of defective cultures, Thomas Burnett, Jr., Todd Beamer, and Sandy Bradshaw, and their fellow passengers effectively said “not today, Satan. Not today.” They drew a line in the sky.

As a middle-aged woman completing grad studies at a state university, I have plenty of time to observe the behaviors of young people in hallways, common areas, and classrooms of my campus. I see many young people who do not lift their eyes from their device screens even to check for cars at crosswalks. Many students spend entire lecture periods paying attention only to a smartphone. These people are halfway checked out of their physical environs, often with situational awareness that would register in the negative range, if that were possible. Let’s call it a zero level of situational awareness. In fact, they seem unaware when mass shootings on other campuses have taken place, as though they could never be touched by such violence. These people are so immersed in their headspace that they seem less than fully present, mentally. Such people would be ill-prepared for an emergency situation, such as an active shooter, should one arise.

My mind keeps going back to the eternal question about the Jews and the Nazi death camps: “Why did no one resist? Why did no one fight?” The answers to these questions would probably be as baffling and heartbreaking as anything else about the story itself. In his superb book Ordinary Men, Christopher R. Browning tells of how during the Nazi terror in Poland, 8,000 Jews were loaded onto a train that was overseen by only 20 guards. Can you imagine this? That crowd of humans--even if only a quarter of them were of hearty health to resist--could have CRUSHED the guards, but they did not. Why do American students not rat-pile active shooters? Because they are told to be passive, to hide, to run, to hope for mercy or the dumb luck of the numbers that they will be missed by the shooter. When the subject comes up on campus, I ALWAYS tell my peers that if something like that happens near me, if I am a student or a teacher, I will do my damnedest to get to the shooter from behind and claw their eyeballs out. I could do better to stop the threat if I could legally carry a gun in that situation, but even with recent changes in state ordinances on campus carry, most buildings on campus proudly declare at every entry that they are gun-free zones, so I guess it’s down to me and my fingernails. All this is by way of saying is that even if I am the only one, and even if I must give my life in that situation to try and stop the threat, I will do so. I pray I am never tested in this manner, but in the hideous case that something happens, I at least have a plan, and I hope I can go on automatic and do what needs doing.

In this age of decrying the violent and sexually licentious among us, why is there no movement to inculcate all people with a sense that they have a right to defend their own bodies by fighting back, if necessary? I think I have the answer: for at least five decades, Americans—particularly males—have been punished for behaviors that would keep them in fighting trim for a self-defense situation. These behaviors have been lambasted under the umbrella of toxic masculinity in an effort to eradicate violence, and the net effect has been a more passive populace that relies increasingly on the Nanny State for everything. The circular effect here is readily apparent: even though a small number of physically adept student athletes could easily subdue and shut down the activities of a malicious actor on campus, they simply don’t. The bottom line is the narrative of hiding or running is not good enough. Being able to defend the physical bounds of the self is a Good Thing. Why is self-defense not becoming a part of school curricula at both high school and college levels? If school administrations make self defense martial arts part of their curricula, all members of the student body would benefit, particularly female students who take these courses.

Life is messy. Eggs will be broken. We none of us are getting out of here alive, but in a free country that eradicated polio on the planet and put men on the moon, it’s not too much to ask that every girl and boy can be in a state of choice about how they face their ultimate demise, if that demise presumes to violently present itself prematurely. Girls and boys and men and women need to think seriously about what to do in the event of unexpected violence, and how to act. It would be nice if we never had to think of this again, but these situations will not stop. And taking guns away from the NRA members who already abide by our Nation’s laws is not the answer any more than all Muslims are to blame for the extremists who killed thousands on 9/11. The instinct to defend one’s boundaries is not toxic, nor is it exclusive to men. Likewise, people who try to cross those boundaries with ill intent should be met with ultimate resistance. “Don’t let someone take your life without a fight” should not need to be said, but if it must be said, then drill it into the skulls of everyone around you. We are blessed to live in this time and this place, and no one deserves to take this away from us, and that goes for young people as well as for any adult here. When you see the ultimate evil, do everything within your power to resist it. Shoot it, kick it, or claw its eyeballs out, if that’s all you can do to stop it. To do less is un-American.

Important embedded links at the original source.
    ========================

http://thefederalist.com/2018/03/13/...kland-victims/

The Right Needs To Learn From The Left’s Astroturfing Of The Parkland Survivors
    Just because Trump's in the White House doesn’t mean the Right should stop working to influence the conversation.
    By Ashe Schow

In the wake of the Parkland school shooting, something amazing happened. Unlike other mass shootings, which cause a flurry of calls for gun control that usually fizzle out in a week or so, this one resulted in a sustained conversation and some sort-of tangible damage to the NRA.

The change came because many of the Stoneman Douglas High School students who survived the shooting became organized — attending rallies, tweeting, and appearing on major networks — to call for gun control. Or so we thought.

About two weeks after what was reported as a movement by the students, forensic science specialist David Hines discovered that the whole “movement” was actually a coordinated plan from the Left. Within two days of the shooting, Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., was helping the kids; teacher’s unions, groups associated with Michael Bloomberg, and people connected to the Women’s March were all assisting in securing funding and promotion. Planned Parenthood, George Clooney, and Oprah Winfrey all donated money to the effort.

Doz - I am actually shocked at those charts - I would have expected more old people to be smarter LOL The fact that it is the young'uns that are most
    opposed is very good news.

I don't know this works out - obviously guns have been 'banned' on the East Coast and no one has risen up - mostly I think those laws were just ignored.

People are too set in their ways to fight back - hence the 3 percenters meme.

All I know is that I have a line in the sand and I'm old now. That does not bode well for TPTB trying any serious gungrabbing.

I used to think all they had to do was wait till we were all dead, but those charts say I was wrong about that. Good news for Freedom.
    And also yet another lesson on why immigrants to America do not have American values do they ?

My children are generation Zyclon. I sit back and listen to their friends.

Hardcore to the right...
    "America is at that awkward stage, to late to work within the system, but to early to shoot the bastards"-- Claire Wolfe

Second Amendment Foundation Sees 1,200 Percent Surge in 18-20 Year-Old Members Post-Florida

The Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) has witnessed a 1,200% surge in 18-year-old to 20-year-old members in the weeks since the firearm-based attack on Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

The surge for that age group is unprecedented for SAF and is the result of grassroots interest in gun rights.

In a March 12 press release SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan Gottlieb welcomed the influx of younger members and donors. He observed, “It’s important to note, that this interest surge has been organic on the Internet. SAF did nothing special to make it happen. They have really done this on their own, finding us on the Internet and following up.”

He also noted:

We normally don’t get that many members or donors in that age group, since the gun rights movement typically trends toward older Americans. But the 18- to 20-year-olds have never been specifically targeted before, and they are obviously alarmed. This influx of young Americans into the gun rights movement is important, not just to respond to the current gun control threat, but as the movement has gotten older, it is encouraging to see so many young adults getting involved in support of Second Amendment rights.

Gottlieb pointed out that the surge in 18-to-20-year old members is an encouraging sign amid the establishment media’s focus on high school students marching for more gun laws. He said, “While the media has paraded high school students to push a gun control agenda, the age group that is now being targeted by that effort is energizing, and showing that there is another side to this controversy.”

http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendme...-member-surge/
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    rational minds on the Left

Really?

Show me one.
    I absolutely believe that there are rational people in power on the Left. The problem is that you, correctly, are using the word rational as a synonym for being of a sound mind. That's the definition that the majority of us use and we consider being of a sound mind as someone who is content to allow others to live in peace and pursue liberty at their own pace and towards their own goals.

The left, on the other hand, is actually using the definition of being consistent with and based on reason and logic and that's where the real crux of the matter lies. They ARE reasonable, when you assume that they're being logical and reasoning in their pursuits, which is to undermine, trivialize, demonize, marginalize and eventually destroy the Conservatives in this Country.

This is not something that can ever be "fixed", this is a difference born of different world views and the only way forward is to either separate both sides completely or for one side to kill enough of the other that the feuding stops. The Left has realized this and is working on the latter idea as their only solution to the problem of us.

It's time we dealt with the harsh realities as they stand, not as we wish they stood.

Doz, your post regarding "The lesson from 9/11 that millennials have yet to learn: a call to resistance" post #60 brought back memories on something that happened to me many years ago when I still worked in a salon that was very busy. There were four of us stylists working and probably at least 2 people per stylist. That's 12 people at minimum that was in the salon at that time. This was in a very small town.

This fellow walks in that none of us had ever seen before and he was a very shady 30 to 35 year old hispanic man that had an attitude. He walked right into the waiting room and sat down and started fumbling through our magazine rack until he found a magazine sporting guns and hunting. I approached him and asked him if I could help him and that's when he got up and starting making rude comments to the other customers. He proceeded to go from stylist to stylist as if he was sizing them up and making rude gestures and comments. He acted like a predator sizing up his victims.

All of us were waiting for the couple of men in the room to say something or do something as the whole environment grew tense. No one said a word and all of them cowarded as if to avoid confrontation. I was trying to maintain what I was doing but could take it no longer and I walked right up to him and said, look buddy, if you don't want a haircut or want to buy something then you need to leave now. He sized me up again but I stood firm and was getting more and more p'd off as he stood there looking like an alfa male being aggressive.

Then I said I mean NOW. He laughed in my face but then kind of grinned and said you are a brave little girl aren't you. I said yep, now LEAVE and he did. We heard the following day or so that this same fellow was going door to door in many local business's doing the same thing to them. Even in towns near us. No one subdued the creep but no one was hurt either thankfully.

That taught me an important lesson. I cannot depend on others to take the lead and protect me or others. I must be proactive in defending myself and those around me. I didn't have a gun but I did have numerous sharp objects laying about but it's not about the weapon, it's about self preservation and having the will to stand up. I did and still do.

As far as Clooney and Oprah funding that movement, they have proved to me they want us dead, and/or victims.
    I would bet they have some sort of protection but they don't want us to have it. Hopefully their money and their arrogance will be their downfall.
    "Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food." Hippocrates

Who is Q?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    Good point. It's still a multi-generational affair. The idea of a door-to-door gun grab is ludicrous at best. They do better waiting for the gun holders to die off rather than to risk a messy confrontation.
    Sadly, at some point, the gun grabbers will get impatient, and will not want to wait.

I absolutely believe that there are rational people in power on the Left.

And I absolutely believe liberalism is a mental disorder. That does not mean liberals cannot conceive and execute plans. So can clinically insane people. But that does not make them any less insane. The person who hacks his mother to death with a butcher knife because when he looked at her he thought he saw the devil incarnate is still crazy despite the self perceived rationality of the act.

The problem with liberals is that they believe they have the right to impose their beliefs on others. With force if necessary, preferably at the point of a government gun - which is why they are so interested in running government.

I sure hope we see a resurgence in participation in Project Appleseed by our youth.

In today’s world of 24-hour news cycles, changing technologies, and push-button gratification, it’s a challenge to stay connected to the values that our great country was built on. Ideals like integrity, commitment, and personal responsibility are what our founding fathers relied on to win our independence and to then make America a great nation. At Project Appleseed™, we’re dedicated to keeping these timeless values alive. We promote civic responsibility through the teaching of colonial history and the American tradition of rifle marksmanship. Even after all of these years, there is much to be learned from our forefathers’ examples of perseverance, commitment, and civic virtue. With a full calendar of shooting clinics and events, Project Appleseed is here to make sure these timeless principles live on for generations to come.

Project Appleseed: https://appleseedinfo.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post

This is not something that can ever be "fixed", this is a difference born of different world views and the only way forward is to either separate both sides completely or for one side to kill enough of the other that the feuding stops. The Left has realized this and is working on the latter idea as their only solution to the problem of us.

It's time we dealt with the harsh realities as they stand, not as we wish they stood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post

The problem with liberals is that they believe they have the right to impose their beliefs on others. With force if necessary, preferably at the point of a government gun - which is why they are so interested in running government.

That in bold in the above quotes needs to be understood by every reader who thinks any other situation or remedy exists. Nowski saying Arm Up and vestige saying Hell is on the Horizon both tell people to heed just WTH is happening in this country.

Ignore at your own peril.

Quote Originally Posted by parable View Post
    cancel reply
    Interesting.