Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

OP-ED Think They’ll Never ‘Come and Take’ Your Guns Without an Armed Revolt? Think Again!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

4 Think They’ll Never ‘Come and Take’ Your Guns Without an Armed Revolt? Think Again!

https://townhall.com/columnists/scot...again-n2459868

Think They’ll Never ‘Come and Take’ Your Guns Without an Armed Revolt?
    Think Again!

Scott Morefield |Posted: Mar 12, 2018 12:01 AM

The recent gun control debate ignited by last month’s tragedy in Parkland, Florida, has liberals trotting out what has become a favorite Leftist talking point - Australia’s 1996 National Agreement on Firearms, an act which, among other things, severely restricted semi-automatic rifles after after a similarly horrific mass shooting.

Liberals consider the cornerstone of the law, a massive forced gun buyback program, a “common sense” approach to what might otherwise be perceived by gun owners as an unwelcome curtailing of traditional American freedoms. Sure, the government may be forcing gun owners to make the transaction, but exchanging money for items IS capitalism, right? And it sure beats the alternative, a Communist-style door-to-door roundup of weapons that both sides agree would likely lead to civil war.

Don’t get me wrong, I think most true Leftists would LOVE to harness the power of the State to crush liberty-minded gun owners by every means necessary, and if a few of the right eggs are broken in the process, so much the better. But realists on both sides know such a scenario is highly unlikely to happen, at least to a result the Left would want. In all likelihood, open displays of tyrannical force such as openly rounding up certain people groups or door-to-door weapons confiscations are highly likely to result in open displays of resistance, and a civil war that is likely to be fought, and won, by the good guys.

On this matter, right-wing pundits are correct:

On the topic of whether or not citizens could resist “violent tyranny,” Townhall’s Kurt Schlichter writes, “The short answer is, ‘Yes.’ As Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan all teach, a decentralized insurgency with small arms can effectively confront a modern police/military force ... But the bottom line is that two untrained idiots with handguns shut down Boston. What do you think 100 million Americans – many trained and some battle-tested – could do with their rifles?”

“There is no other way around it: The mandatory confiscation of the American citizenry’s guns would involve tens of thousands of heavily armed federal agents going door-to-door to demand of millions of Americans that they surrender their guns. That. Is. Not. Going. To. Happen,” opines National Review’s Mark Wright.

“Make no mistake, armed rebellion would be the consequence,” writes Varad Mehta for The Federalist in a piece that’s par for the course when it comes to most thinking on the right. “Armed men would be dispatched to confiscate guns, they would be met by armed men, and blood would be shed. Australia is a valid example for America only if you are willing for that blood to be spilled in torrents and rivers. To choose Australia is to choose civil war.”

Even the more sane gun control proponents are wise to the political situation. University of Sydney professor Philip Alpers, who is also the founding director of GunPolicy.org, told the New York Times, “What Australia did was a confiscation of private property under the threat of jail time, compensated or not. That wouldn’t wash in the United States.”

Further, when unduly oppressive laws are actually passed in the United States, such as recent laws in New York and Connecticut passed after the Sandy Hook massacre, they are often ignored by the majority of gun owners and sparsely enforced by the states themselves. “New York and Connecticut authorities so far have shown no inclination to enforce their laws by going door to door to round up unregistered guns and arrest their owners,” Mehta wrote in the 2015 piece. “But that’s what would be necessary to enforce the law. A federal law, therefore, would require sweeping, national police action involving thousands of lawmen and affecting tens of millions of people. If proponents of gun control are serious about getting guns out of Americans’ hands, someone will have to take those guns out of Americans’ hands.”

Sure, it’s hard to argue with Mehta’s logic, at least on the surface. And it’s a good thing for gun owners, right?

Not necessarily, not if you look just beneath that surface.

Consider: If rational minds on the Left know all this, to what end are they still pushing for such laws, especially when it’s obvious that they don’t care whether ANY gun control laws are actually enforced. Not yet anyway. (Remember, it’s always conservatives, not liberals, pushing for enforcement of existing law.)

And yet, they do want more and more laws on the books, and the more draconian, obscure, and hard to keep track of, the better. But why?

Here’s the answer, and it should scare every gun owner in the country:

They want to make de facto criminals out of the majority of the gun owning population.

That way, they can essentially pick us off, one by one.

Without necessarily meaning to, Mehta hits on this critical point in his piece: “A national gun buyback law would turn a significant portion of the American people into criminals,” he wrote. “Residents of New York and Connecticut snubbed their new laws … Compliance with the registration requirement has been modest at best, as hundreds of thousands of gun owners in both states refused to register their weapons. So far, then, the laws have been most successful in creating hundreds of thousands of lawbreakers who feel obligated to break the law.”

If liberals are able to pass any sort of “assault weapons” ban, buyback or no buyback, they know they will make criminals out of several million currently law-abiding gun owners. And even if the majority of those gun owners don’t follow the law now, that won’t make them any less a criminal. They just haven’t been caught yet.

But when the ‘right people’ control the levers of power and the ‘right laws’ are all in place, make no mistake - they will be caught.

Here’s the rub. It’s one thing to hold up your rifle and shout “come and take it,” à la Charleton Heston, before thousands of like-minded people. The Feds aren’t going to come to a National Rifle Association convention and start arresting people, at least not yet. And they aren’t going to conduct door-to-door house searches, arresting gun owners and confiscating their firearms, either. Not yet.

But believe me, under the right circumstances and with the right laws in place, the arrests will come. They’ll come when you’re going to work, or to the bank, or to the park with your kids, or a thousand other places. They’ll come after you’ve used your now-illegal AR-15 to defend yourself against a home invader, or if they spot it during a “routine” home search.

Never, ever underestimate these people and the depth of their evil. Remember, the Cheka managed to fill the Soviet gulags to the brim, and yet they did it quietly, with little fuss and even less armed revolt.

And they won’t need to arrest everyone to make the majority obey. No, they only need a few, and word will spread quickly.

So what will you do, dear AR-15 owner, when the ‘Cheka’ comes for your neighbor, and you know the laws are on the books to prosecute? Will a “buyback” and “amnesty” be enough to convince YOU to acquiesce? You’ve got a job, a wife, kids to raise. When they “come and take it,” is your family worth risking?

No, when they take your guns there will be no civil war. There will be no large-scale revolution, because liberals are experts at pushing that Overton Window enough not to shock the system. Like frogs in water that’s about to boil, people won’t jump until it’s too late.

That is why it’s so important to not get complacent and believe a worse case scenario will never happen. That’s why it’s critical to fight the gun controllers’ efforts to change the law at EVERY turn, using EVERY legal means possible.

Long before they “come and take” our guns, and our freedoms.
    If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

For the AR's you have to get on 80% lowers now. This way when they do the buy back hand them the serialed lower and walk away.

In my AO we have a solid, solid 2A Sheriff. Otherwise, it'll be a sad day for cop families if they try to enforce any confiscation laws. Those guys can't be at home all the time. Kid skulls and bones are still soft.

Maybe I need to add a bolt action 22LR to the collection soon. Hmmm......
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    Molon Labe
    We Must Secure the Existance of Our People and a Future for White Children
    Make America Confederate Again

I just don't agree with any of this. At least not in the next 10 years or so. Maybe at some later date.

And yet, they do want more and more laws on the books, and the more draconian, obscure, and hard to keep track of, the better. But why?

They want to make de facto criminals out of the majority of the gun owning population.

SCOTUS

This constant warning about an imminent “Civil War” is fundamentally mistaken. And up until now, I have been trying to correct that by stating it would be like the Revolution instead:

Not like the Mason-Dixon Line between geographically separate forces and populations, but like the Torres mixed in with the “”Rebels” like the Revolution.

But even that is likely to be wrong. Without an organized Provisional government directing an organized militia, which did exist during the Revolution, instead you would be facing Total Chaos, Everyman against his neighbor, eventually warlords against warlords etc. perhaps there are enough with foresight to already have in their possession the voter rolls of the opposition and already have vetted alliances that are determined to “take out the opposition”, to make a local difference, but considering that America has grown into a population of 320 million plus with hugely divided populations, we would be looking at a most terrible mess...
    ” Watch ye therefore and pray always that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass and to stand before the Son of Man”
    Luke 21:36

COLLAPSE NOW: avoid the rush

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post

SCOTUS
    SCOTUS will help - but not necessarily get in the way of all "ratcheting" that may occur.

Many cases they refuse to hear "because they can."

And an Administration imposed ban on say "bump stocks" might be among those powers which SCOTUS might say "um - Presidential Power - You don't like it, vote him out."

It could be anything treated similarly. Slings, bows and arrows, rocks, even bicycle locks.

Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

Jed, do you mean "Torries"? I'm not sure, hence the question. I'm unsure as to the correct spelling.

Jed, do you mean "Torries"? I'm not sure, hence the question. I'm unsure as to the correct spelling.
    "Tories", plural of "Tory".
    If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

SCOTUS
    To what end? "Pick us off, one by one." 10 million gun owners. Even if the "one by one" strategy actually DOES get executed at the rate of 100 ones per day, you're talking about 100,000 days to conclusion. 100,000 days, for those what don't math too good, is the barest shade under 274 years.

Thanks Jonas. When I saw Jed's "Torres", I flashed immediately to "B'Lana Torres", chief engineer of the USS Voyager.

Word of "picking us off" would travel fast.

They tried to pick off Bundy.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Damn auto-spell...
    ” Watch ye therefore and pray always that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass and to stand before the Son of Man”
    Luke 21:36

COLLAPSE NOW: avoid the rush

I suspect that the "picking off" would happen to both sides and not in equal amounts, would be a bad time to be a politician, newscaster, etc.

With a republican congress senate and trump in the wh, you'd think we wouldn't have to worry bout gun rights etc. Truly sad

And how many rearmed themselves after hurricane Katrina was all over in New Orleans?

Its our birth right and to fight it with deadly brut force is to be expected.
    To quote the Federalest Papers! The provision for defence must in this, as in all other cases, be made commensurate to the danger of attack. Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
    It may be a reflection on human nature, that such devices should be necessary to control the abuses of government.

If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary; but 4experience has taught mankind the necessity of auxiliary precautions, thus the second amendment.
    Hold to your guns as I Publius cannot admit to a cure for the mischief's of faction within our government.

You may not live long, but the enemy list of traitors should be clear. First it would be the politicians, then those that did the work for them, then those that empowered them and so on until you are no more.
    Rusty in NC
    Don't tread on me!
    sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
    Wickr tiger133

THE TIME TO DECIDE IS NOW

Our forefathers put everything, family, possessions, EVERYTHING on the line to back up their beliefs. They risked it all for a little taste of freedom. If that same call were to go out today, what would you do? We all ‘talk’ a good game, but would we actually back it up? How many of our “armchair commandos” ever really faced a hostile enemy? Today, very few individuals have the courage of convictions of our forefathers. We tend to look for the convenient way, or the painless way rather than meeting a problem head-on, we have a tendency to try to circumvent it or ignore it “maybe it will just go away!”

When the chips are down, what will you do? Will you stand by and watch as your neighbors are drug off to jail, detention camps, re-education centers, or whatever the currently political correct term that is used for them? I am not speaking about a “Red Dawn” type of situation here, but the gradual loss of our freedoms through the manipulation of legislation.

Will you, after years of shouting “From my cold dead fingers!” meekly stand by as the “authorities” collect your firearms after congress declares them illegal? Will you stand by and watch the complete erosion of our rights and turn a deaf ear to the cries of the persecuted simply because “it’s not my cause” or “I really don’t have any problem with that regulation”? How far must our rights and privileges erode before we stand and say “Enough”? I submit to you that we have grown too complacent, too satisfied with our own little comfort zone and have grown oblivious to the plight of others like us. We are willing to state slogans, and make bold proclamations so long as we are not expected to follow through with any of them. I wonder if, some 226 years ago, the people believed we would ever face the sort of selfish, “say anything, just don’t get me involved” attitude we now display.

Believe me, when the authorities do come for you or your firearms, they will not have the same indecisiveness problem. They will be dedicated to their goal and will have already justified their actions in their own minds, as being for the greater good.

I realize it sounds as if I was advocating armed insurrection; nothing could be further from the truth. What I am advocating is the organized, systematic defense of our rights by the demonstration of our determination not to give them up. This must be done through the polls, the news, and any available public forum. We must take a firm stand with our elected representatives that says, “We brought you in and we can sure take you out!” We must stand for the right and the truth even when it means ridicule.

I am not ashamed of my beliefs…. are you?

rational minds on the Left

Really?

Show me one.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by tiger13 View Post
    You may not live long, but the enemy list of traitors should be clear. First it would be the politicians, then those that did the work for them, then those that empowered them and so on until you are no more.
    and to be quite frank - at that point there wouldn't be a reason to WORRY about how long you were going to live - unless you favored living on your knees. as for the "activities" beginning with the pols I'm certain you're correct - but it would be mere nano seconds before MSM scum and crooked judges and cops were showing upon the menu as "esepecial de joure"
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

LOL! As if history and reality aren’t enought to initiate the go-to mechanisms of our mutual or individual survival.

The MIND-CONTROL PSYOP WAR is ‘The ( + ) Focus’ of disarming a fully armed nation. Don’t volunteer for that skirmish. It is designed to engage and entrap your human spirit of consciousness with guilt when you are only guilty of not volunteering for that last train ride and shower as the political weather vane changes any 4 to 8 years.

These @$$#@+$ had / have their 16 year plan, we have our manifest destiny as one nation under God.

This is OUR DESTINY however we are tested.

In every nation where democide (death by government) has taken place, disarmament of the civilian population was the first step. I became aware of Dr. Rummel's work while he was yet living, IMO his biggest shortcoming was failing to emphasize this precursor.

https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/MURDER.HTM
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto

Quote Originally Posted by intowolves View Post
    With a republican congress senate and trump in the wh, you'd think we wouldn't have to worry bout gun rights etc. Truly sad
    Yes, it is sad. But I'm thinking it is part of the strategy.......
    “What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” — Author Tom Clancy

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreLibs View Post
    For the AR's you have to get on 80% lowers now. This way when they do the buy back hand them the serialed lower and walk away.

In my AO we have a solid, solid 2A Sheriff. Otherwise, it'll be a sad day for cop families if they try to enforce any confiscation laws. Those guys can't be at home all the time. Kid skulls and bones are still soft.

Maybe I need to add a bolt action 22LR to the collection soon. Hmmm......
    You should. They are cheap and very cost effective. They have a decent range for most things and don't provide the earth shattering noise the larger calibers provide.

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    I just don't agree with any of this. At least not in the next 10 years or so. Maybe at some later date.
    This is a generational plan. 20-30 years

SCOTUS
    And eliminate voters who will vote against them at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    To what end? "Pick us off, one by one." 10 million gun owners. Even if the "one by one" strategy actually DOES get executed at the rate of 100 ones per day, you're talking about 100,000 days to conclusion. 100,000 days, for those what don't math too good, is the barest shade under 274 years.
    Too logical. When parents die or when a house call is made. Guns are removed. Children who grow up under these laws will be the most effective tool for gun removal. They will see them and then turn them in. Self removal from the home. Much like self deportation. It won't be quick, but it will be effective.

Maybe I need to add a bolt action 22LR to the collection soon

Following recent experience in their own embattled areas, the Russians came to the same conclusion.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunPorn/com...h4&sh=aa91c358

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Maybe I need to add a bolt action 22LR to the collection soon

Following recent experience in their own embattled areas, the Russians came to the same conclusion.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunPorn/com...h4&sh=aa91c358
    Neat! How much?

Quote Originally Posted by 20Gauge View Post
    This is a generational plan. 20-30 years
    Quote Originally Posted by 20Gauge View Post
    Too logical. When parents die or when a house call is made. Guns are removed. Children who grow up under these laws will be the most effective tool for gun removal. They will see them and then turn them in. Self removal from the home. Much like self deportation. It won't be quick, but it will be effective.
    This is exactly how it will be done. And to a great extent (though not total), this methodology WILL SUCCEED.

Rember to get some 765.54r light armor peresing bullets, for when the thugs come after you wearing vests, this round will go through two of those vests, so when they are lined up to storm in you get to get two for one.

They are black or yellow tip.

You can still buy them in a sealed spam can of 440 rounds two cans make a case, they used to be years ago 22.00 dollars for a 440 round spam can 44.00 dollars for a two can case, well the price has changed now that case cost you around between 200.00 to 300.00 dollars, but it is still worth it.
    Last edited by dogmanan; 03-13-2018 at 02:44 PM.
    JUST A FEW OF MY SIMPLE THOUGHTS
    LAY LOW WAIT LIKE A WOLF IN THE WILD UNTIL THE TIME IS RIGHT
    Never Pick A Fight With An Old Man He Will Just Shoot You He Can't Afford To Get Hurt

They will never take our guns under a Trump Administration!

We all need to try and get more people in office who can back Trump up and get things done. Go out and vote when it comes time to elect in your area. It's now or never to stand up and fight back for what's ours.

According to Edward Snowden, this generation is the last generation to change things around, because next generation will not be able to.

Man I miss the old days when you could buy cheap ammo.

I use to buy 5000 round packs of 22lr for around 15.00 dollars on sale.

I used to buy 12 gage slugs box of five for around 1.50 a box.

Hell I even baught boxes of 30/30 and 270 for 2.50 a box of twenty.
    JUST A FEW OF MY SIMPLE THOUGHTS
    LAY LOW WAIT LIKE A WOLF IN THE WILD UNTIL THE TIME IS RIGHT
    Never Pick A Fight With An Old Man He Will Just Shoot You He Can't Afford To Get Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by dogmanan View Post
    Man I miss the old days when you could buy cheap ammo.

I use to buy 5000 round packs of 22lr for around 15.00 dollars on sale.

I used to buy 12 gage slugs box of five for around 1.50 a box.

Hell I even baught boxes of 30/30 and 270 for 2.50 a box of twenty.
    I used to buy gasoline at .25 a gallon. Not gonna happen again.

Their goal is easy......

.....just keep the social Marxist indoctrination of the ever shrinking White male population through public schooling and the required university humanity courses.............keep everyone else identifying with a marginalized group of victimhood from the oppressors.........aka old White straight males... and wait until the older White male traditional Americans (aka oppressors) die off and you take over without ever firing a shot........

A bloodless revolution in slow motion at first now with ever accelerating pace as the demographics of the country change.......and the process keeps everything intact for the commies........

They got to the kids..........they got to the educational institutions........media, entertainment and marketing...............it took a while but they got there and made a joke of Senator McCarthy who might be shown to be the "Paul Revere" of the baby boomer generation...

"The commies are coming"........"the commies are coming", he cried..............and we were conditioned to laugh and marginalize him.........

Quote Originally Posted by dogmanan View Post
    Rember to get some 765.54r light armor peresing bullets, for when the thugs come after you wearing vests, this round will go through two of those vests, so when they are lined up to storm in you get to get two for one.

They are black or yellow tip.

You can still buy them in a sealed spam can of 440 rounds two cans make a case, they used to be years ago 22.00 dollars for a 440 round spam can 44.00 dollars for a two can case, well the price has changed now that case cost you around between 200.00 to 300.00 dollars, but it is still worth it.

The BLACK tip is AP and the YELLOW tip is heavy ball (182gr)
    Mongo only pawn in game of life

Do what's needed to ensure that you're better at something worthwhile come Monday morning than you were on Friday afternoon.

The time to improve your skills and capabilities is not the moment when you wish you'd already done it long ago. And disasters large and small don't make appointments.

Quote Originally Posted by intowolves View Post
    The only difference is a matter of degrees. The Dem's want 1.2 million DACA Dreamers to have amnesty, for the Rep. it's 800,000. Not NO, but how much.

Same with 2A There is no, NO in any of this, only how far, how much, can they do......this time.

No one is saying "....shall NOT infringe..." because it's in the Constitution. They are saying what can we do?

I don't see any SV-99s for sale online. It's easy enough to build your own on a US platform however.

I'd suggest starting with a Savage - http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/?...%5B%5D=Rimfire

ariska, enfield, singer m1903

American habits of wanting the newest and the shiniest have not diminished the utility of previous state of the art weaponry. The Kentucky Long Rifle in the hands of a competent marksman will do more than the guy that bought his AR and shot it once after he bought it 5 years ago.

The war is and will be raged between the ears and in the heart. All this talk is probably mildly beneficial but it won't be a deciding factor. Several on this forum have shown the historical implications of this fight. Time in a history book to help steel a resolve is as necessary now as a trip to the square range.
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"