Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ALERT Diplomatic Corps Gobsmacked - Kim Jong-un accepting denuclearization
+ Reply to Thread

Diplomatic Corps Gobsmacked - Kim Jong-un accepting denuclearization

Please see link for complete article and comments:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ps-gobsmacked/

President Trump’s Stunningly Effective North Korea Policy Leaves Professional Diplomatic Corps Gobsmacked…
    Posted on March 8, 2018 by sundance

The statement tonight by South Korean National Security Adviser Chung Eui-yong is so jaw-dropping in significance it has left the professional diplomatic apparatus stunned.

A year of targeted and strategic geopolitical policy execution by President Trump, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley has resulted in North Korean leader Kim Jong-un accepting denuclearization and requesting a meeting with President Trump to achieve terms therein.

Yeah, HO-LEE-CATS is an understatement. The possibility of a willingly denuclearized Korean peninsular is such an astounding policy victory; it is difficult to conceptualize. Here’s the statement from South Korea’s Chung Eui-yong:

“Good evening, today I had the privilege of briefing President Trump on my recent visit to Pyongyang, North Korea. I’d like to thank President Trump, the vice-president and his wonderful national security team, including my close friend General McMaster.”

“I thanked President Trump that his leadership, and his maximum pressure policy together with international solidarity, brought us to this juncture. I expressed President Moon Jae-in’s personal gratitude for President Trump’s leadership.”

“I told President Trump that in our meeting North Korean leader Kim Jong-un said he is committed to denuclearization. Kim pledged that North Korea will refrain from any further nuclear or missile tests; he understands that the routine joint military exercises between the Republic of Korea and the United States must continue. And he expressed his eagerness to meet President Trump as soon as possible.”

“President Trump appreciated the briefing and said he would meet Kim Jong-un by May to achieve permanent denuclearization.”

“The Republic of Korea along with the United States, Japan and our many partners around the world, remain fully and resolutely committed to the complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsular.”

“Along with President Trump we are optimistic about continuing a diplomatic process to test the possibility of a peaceful resolution. The Republic of Korea, The United States and our partners stand together in insisting that we not repeat the mistakes of the past; and that the pressure will continue until North Korea matches it’s words with concrete actions. Thank You.” (link)

=== end snip===

===

Last edited by Tom McDowell; 03-08-2018 at 09:15 PM.

...whoa.

That's pretty much all I got. Just, whoa. Trump managed to do in just over a year what like 20 years' of presidents before him couldn't.

"Peace for our time."
    - Neville Chamberlain
    September 30, 1938
    (1 Cor. 8:1-2) : "We know that we all possess knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know."

We shall see...

I wouldn't trust that fat little psycho half as far as I could throw him.

Jeff B.
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits"
    Plutarch (Roman Philosopher and Statesman)

it all boils down to what Kim realy wants:

a. regime survival with all the goodies intact for him and his family

b. control of the entire peninsula

c. be a new communist Napoleon and conquer all Asia

d. bring down the entire world

but i will only believe this when i see the first truck pull away,loaded with one bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B. View Post
    We shall see...

Jeff B.
    You're not alone.

===

It's either the end of his regime or it's "Lucy and the football" again and then the end of "business as usual" in the region...

It's a hide-n-watch situation for me.

I hope it rips the hair off of zero's a$$ like a Brazilian wax job.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

It strikes me as a Victory. Either it really happens, and history, at least, will credit the administration.
    Or, NK is blowing smoke up our nether regions- but still, we did everything humanly possible to give peace a chance: also a win, I'd think.

Remember the USSR: "Agree to everything, abide by nothing."
    I don't want to. I'm not going to. You can't make me. I'm retired!

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Brings to mind the recent insistent scuttlebutt regarding NORK as being a CIA-controlled entity/asset - assuming there is truth to this, could it be construed that Trump and team have been successful in breaking the CIA's hold on NORK?

intothegoodnight
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

— Dylan Thomas, "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    ...whoa.

That's pretty much all I got. Just, whoa. Trump managed to do in just over a year what like 20 years' of presidents before him couldn't.
    The reason being is our economy had to flourish because of war. That is the only way this country survived. Jobs are back North Korea is starving and needs the aid to help it start to grow after years and years of being locked out. I am sure China has had a hand in on this as well. It is an awesome thing if it true and will last.

I doubt this.

I'm afraid I'm a bit skeptical of Un's sincerity.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

It was no accident that this is happening shortly after in became clear to the world that Trump was going ahead with the tariffs.

And we still have RINOs fighting against the tariffs.
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -DH Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by coalcracker View Post
    "Peace for our time."
    - Neville Chamberlain
    September 30, 1938
    The cynic in me feels the same. The president needs to channel Reagan now:

"Trust But Verify"
    Your levity is good, it relieves tension and the fear of death.

The Frigid Times - http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/
    Civil Defense Reborn - http://cdreborn.blogspot.com/
    Believe what you will, but the Russian nuclear threat is far from dead. It ain't even sick. - Brutus

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B. View Post
    We shall see...

Jeff B.
    And hoping TRUMP has the smarts NOT TO, as well.................
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

All Little Fat Boy did was agree to meet Trump. The Marxists have a looooong history of stretching out diplomatic meetings. IF you remember the debate about the shape of the table in the first rounds of peace talks with North Vietnam, you get the idea.

Little Fat Boy is playing for time to perfect his ICBM missiles. He is playing for time to build more of them. He is not going to give up his nukes. He will never give up his nukes. Since that is the case, exactly what will Trump negotiate? And yes, it is entirely possible Kim will try and kill Trump, because this is what he does, and this is what he is.

Danger, Will Robinson. Danger Will Robinson.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available for sale at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

This news is too strange to even consider. To see if Lil Kim is truly wanting to talk, he should allow IAEA inspectors into every nuke facility in DPRK first. That way we'll see if Lil Kim is actually serious. If he lets the IAEA in, then we would know if he really wants to proceed with talks.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
    It was no accident that this is happening shortly after in became clear to the world that Trump was going ahead with the tariffs.

And we still have RINOs fighting against the tariffs.
    That's twice I've agreed with you tonight.

Regardless of the outcome, Trump deserves credit for bringing the little fat one to the table for one on one talks.
    That's never been done before.

The liberal press IS gobsmacked and bewildered that all their predictions have been proved completely wrong.

I think the Chinese may have put some pressure on the NORKS once they realized the steel and aluminum tariffs were going to go into effect.
    Tillerson should just retire. He's ineffective and actually spoke out against Trumps methods.
    It's almost like we don't have a Sec of State, and sometimes it seems like he doesn't even want the job.
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -DH Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by Doomer Doug View Post
    All Little Fat Boy did was agree to meet Trump. The Marxists have a looooong history of stretching out diplomatic meetings. IF you remember the debate about the shape of the table in the first rounds of peace talks with North Vietnam, you get the idea.

Little Fat Boy is playing for time to perfect his ICBM missiles. He is playing for time to build more of them. He is not going to give up his nukes. He will never give up his nukes. Since that is the case, exactly what will Trump negotiate? And yes, it is entirely possible Kim will try and kill Trump, because this is what he does, and this is what he is.

Danger, Will Robinson. Danger Will Robinson.
    Seems to me that we were well on our way to our generation's 'Cuban missile crisis' a scant few months ago. Of course we don't believe the No. Korean guy- we tend to not even believe our own govt. officials much of the time!

But, I for one welcome any change in the ongoing game that takes us a few steps away from the cliff's edge. I have to trust the trump machine to weed their way through the dangers of death and deceit, as well. They seem to have an incredible skill to stay one step ahead- and alive. A bit of deescalation strikes me as a real good thing, given all the lives affected.

I am giving this one a "wait and see;" I don't trust Little Kim any further than I can throw him and he is probably just planning to be "Lucy with a football" (love that image) but Trump needs to meet with him under the circumstances (unless it all falls apart first).

If for no other reason than that puts Trump/the US firmly in the position of attempting to be a peacemaker; he just has to be careful not to be drawn into an unverifiable deal and/or something that just won't work more than a few months.

But if Trump/the Administration do this right; then if hostilities do break out later it will put the blame on NK itself (hopefully) as long as it doesn't look like appeasement.

I also suspect the Chinese are partly behind this; basically telling Kimmie either "play nice at least for now or your toast," and I think they made it clear they could make him toast and stick in another puppet pretty easily.

I don't think the Chinese want a war with the West - YET; not until they feel darn good and ready.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

Little surprises for the striped-pants set are always good.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

from what i heard .kim said if we send him dennis rodman that he would give up all his nukes .its a win win for every body

I don't think he'll give up his nukes but he might agree to cease development of putting a warhead on a missile and keeping his gravity bombs as insurance. In turn he will want sanctions relief and security guarantees that are rock solid and personally I'd like to see a formal peace treaty on the peninsula so we can shut down our bases and withdraw. We can't afford the empire anymore and it stretches our military to boot.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

They're both just actors, working for the same criminals. They follow the script, or else.

Jong-un wants power and money, in that order. He's not an expansionist, he's content with his borders.

President Trump has shown him how to maintain power and increase his economic wealth (most likely through trade agreements and not financial assistance).

Additionally, if this is accurate, it is a huge strike on China. Having North Korea switch sides will be a huge slap in the face to them.

Great from President Trump if he pulls this off!
    Sub-Zero

Tillerson is working silently behind the scenes - and now he is off to Africa.

Watch for something interesting to come out of there in the next month.

I have to disagree that he is ineffective.....the disagreeing with the President is just part of Trump being able to see both sides of an discussion and he needs Tillerson to give him the other side. It seems to be working.
    True North Strong and Free

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
    Jong-un wants power and money, in that order. He's not an expansionist, he's content with his borders.

President Trump has shown him how to maintain power and increase his economic wealth (most likely through trade agreements and not financial assistance).

Additionally, if this is accurate, it is a huge strike on China. Having North Korea switch sides will be a huge slap in the face to them.

This
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." ~ Frederic Bastiilt

"Duty is ours; results are God's."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post

If China lost its buffer with South Korea who KNOWS what it would do?

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    They're both just actors, working for the same criminals. They follow the script, or else.
    Always possible.

intothegoodnight
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

— Dylan Thomas, "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"

Quote Originally Posted by Hfcomms View Post
    I don't think he'll give up his nukes but he might agree to cease development of putting a warhead on a missile and keeping his gravity bombs as insurance. In turn he will want sanctions relief and security guarantees that are rock solid and personally I'd like to see a formal peace treaty on the peninsula so we can shut down our bases and withdraw. We can't afford the empire anymore and it stretches our military to boot.
    I don’t see a formal peace treaty as anything great.
    “It’s just a damn piece of paper!”
    He would be just a button (and a short ladder) away from breaking it.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

Quote Originally Posted by intothatgoodnight View Post
    Always possible.

intothegoodnight
    I think so.

If I was Trump I would be very careful when I shook his hand. No telling what he might try to transfer to Trump.