Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

TECH NRA Increasingly Targeted by Massive DDoS Attacks
+ Reply to Thread

NRA Increasingly Targeted by Massive DDoS Attacks

The National Rifle Association has come under an increasingly large number of powerful distributed-denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks, researchers revealed Thursday.

According to a blog post from the Network Security Research Laboratory, run by Chinese company Qihoo 360, the gun rights organization has recently been targeted by DDoS attacks utilizing memcached servers.

The new tactic, which can allow an attack to be amplified by up to a factor of more than 50,000, was recently used against an unnamed U.S. service provider in the biggest ever recorded DDoS attack. That incident came just days after developer platform GitHub was hit with what was then the largest ever attack.

The NRA’s top domains, including nra.org, nrafoundation.org and nracarryguard.com, were found to be among some of the most attacked.

An examination of social media posts by Bleeping Computer’s Catalin Cimpanu, who first reported on the story Thursday, suggests the most successful attack against the NRA may have occurred late last month.

“The biggest one appears to have taken place on February 28, when multiple users reported the website down for hours,” Cimpanu said.

The attacks follow the death of 17 at a school shooting in Florida last month and widespread debate over firearms.

While some mitigation techniques exist to protect against memcached-based attacks, the tactic could become more prevalent following the release this week of proof-of-concept code that automates the process.

The code’s authors, according to CyberScoop’s Patrick Howell O’Neill, say the release is aimed “to bring more attention to the flaw and force others into updating their devices.”

The NRA has thus far not publicly commented on the reported attacks against its domains.

https://www.infowars.com/nra-increas...-ddos-attacks/
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Wow, there are some real haters out there, haters that are techno-geeks.
    “My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave.” - Stonewall Jackson

Tennessee's version of Gotham (Knoxville)
    Quote Originally Posted by TammyinWI View Post
    Ironically those haters in their blind rage end up making the internet more secure...
    1 Corinthians 18:20 “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
    the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

Quote Originally Posted by TammyinWI View Post
    Haters hire geeks. Dunno that the haters are particularly savvy, but might be.

Quote Originally Posted by bw View Post
    Haters hire geeks. Dunno that the haters are particularly savvy, but might be.
    Wanna take a guess on who is probably behind this?

Soros?

Bloomberg?
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
    Wanna take a guess on who is probably behind this?

Soros?

Bloomberg?
    Maybe... (most likely.)

You can bet your ass the ex HNIC was/is involves as well as the Hildebeast.

The answer to that is decidedly low tech.... Direct mail.