Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

  If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **



*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or


CHAT So Dennis hows that alexia working out for you and others!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 87
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,594

    10 So Dennis hows that alexia working out for you and others!

    Evidently Alexia starts laughing out of no where with an evil, creepy or funny laugh? Being reported now on several news outlets with videos here.

    There are several videos in a row that you can click on when the last one gets done.
    https://www.facebook.com/TheSunStuff...0428734972285/

    http://www.facebook.com/TheSunStuff/...20428734972285
    Last edited by medic38572; 03-08-2018 at 04:47 PM.
    "Man is not to be blamed for sinning. After all, he faces great temptations and is extremely vulnerable. What he is blamed for is not doing Teshuvah (repenting) because he can do that at any time." Rav Simcha Bunim of P'shischa

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    28,485
    I don't want any of this in my home. Can't believe people would.

  3. #3
    Me either. I think it's creepy people asking it questions like it's a family member
    I once was blind but now I see!...
    Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12 In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.”

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern Born
    Posts
    3,241
    Quote Originally Posted by straightstreet View Post
    Me either. I think it's creepy people asking it questions like it's a family member
    Me too! It's so bizarre that people are falling all over themselves to get this contraption into their homes.
    "You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end – which you can never afford to lose – with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be." — VADM James Stockdale, USN (1923-2005)

  5. #5
    AI SPY
    Sapphire

    myopically challenged

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Hinterlands
    Posts
    1,442
    It's no more a spy or threat than an internet connection. Meta data is constantly being collect and or fed by anyone using a computer, cellphone, IP based security cameras or baby monitors, or any other electronic device to both government and commercial entities. Heck, a smart TV or cellphone is just as much a spy or threat as Alexa, or Google Home Plus, or any other home automation system.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Looking Up
    Posts
    10,238
    DD has one that I tried to talk her out of. I told her it would turn on her one day. She laughed it off. Not anymore.
    "They wanted to be left alone to face challenges head-on, and to prosper from their own hard work and ingenuity...harsh country tends to produce strong people."-John Erickson

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Posts
    156,117
    Working fine. No anomalous behavior. I got an Echo Dot for the bedroom to control the lights and play white noise sounds to help me sleep.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    12,093
    When you ask it who was Jesus what does it say? I've heard it says He was a fictitious person. Is that true?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Posts
    156,117
    No, it's not true. However, it IS true that when I asked "who was mohammed", the response was, "Many people have differing religious views."

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    5,916
    We have had the dot in our living room for about a year and recently added another one in the kitchen. We use it a lot for controlling lights, listening to music, as a timer or alarm, and just asking for information. Lately, we have been using it to listen to SiriusXM. We enjoy it very much and have never heard the creepy laughter. I figure Alexa is not listening to us any more than our cell phones do.
    Terri in Indiana

    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    A Multi-Demensional Quantum Environment.
    Posts
    51,781
    .................Aelexa, the Far-Left SJW. Pay attention to what it says about "Mohamed" and Jesus, then it's circular logic involving Communism, Socialism and Nazi'ism.



    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MECcIJW67-M
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."


    I have not failed. I have simple discovered ten-thousand ways things don't work.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Amongst the Gentle People
    Posts
    6,395
    We have three of them. There is no privacy. For us old farts it is a nice way to control lights, get music, etc. If TSHTF, they are the first to get unplugged.
    My Mate Winston

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,594

    If you think Alexa is laughing at you, you're right

    Several people who own Amazon's Echo speakers have reported a strange bug: The Alexa voice assistant has been laughing for apparently no reason.

    Some users on Twitter and Reddit say the outbursts have been entirely spontaneous. Others have said that Alexa has laughed after being asked to turn on the lights - and may have misheard the command.

    "Having an office conversation about pretty confidential stuff and Alexa just laughed," Twitter user @DavidSvenwrote recently. "Anybody else ever have that? It didn't chime as if we had accidentally triggered her to wake. She simply just laughed. It was really creepy."

    Said another Twitter user, @taylorkatelynne: "so my mom & I are just sitting in the living room, neither of us said a word & our Alexa lit up and laughed for no reason. she didn't even say anything, just laughed. we unplugged her."

    Amazon said in a statement that the outbursts are due to its smart speakers hearing accidental orders. "In rare circumstances, Alexa can mistakenly hear the phrase 'Alexa, laugh,'" Amazon said. To fix the issue, Amazon is disabling that command and changing the trigger phrase to "Alexa, can you laugh?"

    Amazon is also changing Alexa's response to that command: rather than have the assistant laugh right away, its cackling will be preceded by the sentence, "Sure, I can laugh."

    It did not say how many people have been affected. Amazon did not say why the speaker would laugh when no one is talking.

    http://www.stltoday.com/news/if-you-...732527661.html
    "Man is not to be blamed for sinning. After all, he faces great temptations and is extremely vulnerable. What he is blamed for is not doing Teshuvah (repenting) because he can do that at any time." Rav Simcha Bunim of P'shischa

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    A Multi-Demensional Quantum Environment.
    Posts
    51,781
    What's wrong with a light switch or dimmer and the "On/Off" button usually provided on a radio?
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."


    I have not failed. I have simple discovered ten-thousand ways things don't work.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    A Multi-Demensional Quantum Environment.
    Posts
    51,781
    Quote Originally Posted by medic38572 View Post
    Several people who own Amazon's Echo speakers have reported a strange bug: The Alexa voice assistant has been laughing for apparently no reason.

    Some users on Twitter and Reddit say the outbursts have been entirely spontaneous. Others have said that Alexa has laughed after being asked to turn on the lights - and may have misheard the command.

    "Having an office conversation about pretty confidential stuff and Alexa just laughed," Twitter user @DavidSvenwrote recently. "Anybody else ever have that? It didn't chime as if we had accidentally triggered her to wake. She simply just laughed. It was really creepy."

    Said another Twitter user, @taylorkatelynne: "so my mom & I are just sitting in the living room, neither of us said a word & our Alexa lit up and laughed for no reason. she didn't even say anything, just laughed. we unplugged her."

    Amazon said in a statement that the outbursts are due to its smart speakers hearing accidental orders. "In rare circumstances, Alexa can mistakenly hear the phrase 'Alexa, laugh,'" Amazon said. To fix the issue, Amazon is disabling that command and changing the trigger phrase to "Alexa, can you laugh?"

    Amazon is also changing Alexa's response to that command: rather than have the assistant laugh right away, its cackling will be preceded by the sentence, "Sure, I can laugh."

    It did not say how many people have been affected. Amazon did not say why the speaker would laugh when no one is talking.

    http://www.stltoday.com/news/if-you-...732527661.html
    There are a bunch of vids and reports of Alexa talking to people who are not visible, something about talking to it at 3A.M., gives weird answers and certain questions make it shut off.

    It's no more a "She" than Bruce Jenner.

    Why would anyone ask it to laugh? Bad comedian?
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."


    I have not failed. I have simple discovered ten-thousand ways things don't work.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Looking Up
    Posts
    10,238
    Bezos is a Reptilian life form that has come to earth to distribute its small cylindrical pellets gathering your brain waves and implanting the acceptance of your eminent demise. You have been warned.
    "They wanted to be left alone to face challenges head-on, and to prosper from their own hard work and ingenuity...harsh country tends to produce strong people."-John Erickson

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Posts
    156,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanta View Post
    What's wrong with a light switch or dimmer and the "On/Off" button usually provided on a radio?
    I have colored LED lights. I can set a color scheme in a room, set a "theme", or dim/raise the light level. And using Alexa, I can do one room from a different room.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    So Cal...don't be hatin'
    Posts
    1,162
    We have an Echo Dot. Alexa answers questions we ask, sets a timer, etc. Absolutely no issues at all. Hubby likes gadgets, got it for him acouple of years ago. No big deal.
    Excuses are the tools of the incompetent. ~ Thirsty Rollins

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    South of Valhalla
    Posts
    21,246
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnGal View Post
    When you ask it who was Jesus what does it say? I've heard it says He was a fictitious person. Is that true?
    They were forced to change the answer after over two million views...

    Amazon’s Alexa is a CRAZY SJW LIBERAL! | Louder With Crowder
    12:00 runtime

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MECcIJW67-M&t=238s
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared
    "You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    1 tank of fuel from potential chaos
    Posts
    2,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Weps View Post
    It's no more a spy or threat than an internet connection. Meta data is constantly being collect and or fed by anyone using a computer, cellphone, IP based security cameras or baby monitors, or any other electronic device to both government and commercial entities. Heck, a smart TV or cellphone is just as much a spy or threat as Alexa, or Google Home Plus, or any other home automation system.
    ^^^^This. Look at all of the .guv storage capacity that we KNOW about. That's just to catch ISIS and the Russians /sarc
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    317
    We enjoy ours. We use it mainly to listen to music from Pandora (Statler Bros radio, Merle Haggard radio and Carolina Beach music. It also comes in handy for weather updates and current temp's. Sometimes my wife asks it for a joke or to answer random questions.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Posts
    156,117
    I asked her once to show me her tits. She ignored me. At least Siri would come back with a smartass response.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    29,174
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

    Member: Nowski Brigade

    Deplorable


  25. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    28,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Working fine. No anomalous behavior. I got an Echo Dot for the bedroom to control the lights and play white noise sounds to help me sleep.
    Until people get HACKED.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    28,485

    16

    Well at least people have "something" to talk to while the World is too busy being on their mobile devices.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Posts
    156,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Cobra View Post
    Until people get HACKED.
    Dude, there are many caves up there in the PNW that you can inhabit.


    Just sayin...

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    12,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    No, it's not true. However, it IS true that when I asked "who was mohammed", the response was, "Many people have differing religious views."
    Thanks, good to know.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Looking Up
    Posts
    10,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Dude, there are many caves up there in the PNW that you can inhabit.


    Just sayin...
    Don't knock cave dwellers. Its time has come. You can watch the chemtrails form from my cave. Time is short. Make the best of it.
    "They wanted to be left alone to face challenges head-on, and to prosper from their own hard work and ingenuity...harsh country tends to produce strong people."-John Erickson

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    8,133
    I don't want one in my house. I figure the Gov. already knows more about me than I want it to. When they design a model that can fetch me my glasses or get my a glass of ice water then I'll buy it. I can lean back in my chair and turn the light off so I have no desire for help with my lights.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    South Louisiana near New Orleans by the Mississippi River
    Posts
    11,315
    DD gave us a visual Alexis for Christmas and all we use "her" for is the weather or occasional question. Every now and then, completely out of the blue, she comes out and talks with an, "I don't know the answer."

    At first, it shocked the heck out of us but then we realized it's close to the TV and sometimes any word it says that's even part of her name, she'll pop out with a comment.

  32. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    I got an Echo Dot for the bedroom to control the lights and play white noise sounds to help me sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Cobra View Post
    Until people get HACKED.
    Good old neural programming - thoughtfully accomplished while one is captured and defenseless blissfully sleeps . . .


    intothegoodnight
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

    — Dylan Thomas, "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"

  33. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenwings View Post
    I don't want one in my house. I figure the Gov. already knows more about me than I want it to. When they design a model that can fetch me my glasses or get my a glass of ice water then I'll buy it.
    Already available - it's called a robot, made by one of the several Japanese tech companies making such.

    Can climb stairs, too.


    intothegoodnight
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

    — Dylan Thomas, "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"

  34. #34
    ours was a gift, but I find it nice to get the time when I wake up in the middle of the night, without turning on a light or other,

  35. #35
    I saw this on the news and I cringed. It is not an accident.

    I just cannot believe that people have invited, and actually pay for, big brother to invade the privacy of their own home. You are not secure in your home with even ONE of these.

    Of course that Alexa camera spy with ears is laughing...tptb have the masses in the palm of their hand and deceived big time, not just with this!

    People are asleep and George Orwell is rolling in his grave!

    (shakes head) Unbelievable. Please wake up folks! For your own sake, please! The detriment and lack of privacy, as in "you are being monitored" is UGE, compared to any benefits.
    Ah well look at the shiny dog n pony show. - Dosadi
    ----------------------------------------------------
    For every prophecy on the first coming of Christ, there are eight on Christ’s second coming. — PAUL LEE TAN

  36. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Weps View Post
    It's no more a spy or threat than an internet connection. Meta data is constantly being collect and or fed by anyone using a computer, cellphone, IP based security cameras or baby monitors, or any other electronic device to both government and commercial entities. Heck, a smart TV or cellphone is just as much a spy or threat as Alexa, or Google Home Plus, or any other home automation system.
    RE: first sentence- you are joking, right?

    Is this what the average American thinks?

    Yes, they all are invasive. May as well just invite the government in to monitor, will you let them sleep in your bed or shower with your spouse?

    We are on our way down, big-time.
    Ah well look at the shiny dog n pony show. - Dosadi
    ----------------------------------------------------
    For every prophecy on the first coming of Christ, there are eight on Christ’s second coming. — PAUL LEE TAN

  37. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by homepark View Post
    We have three of them. There is no privacy. For us old farts it is a nice way to control lights, get music, etc. If TSHTF, they are the first to get unplugged.
    Why are you waiting to unplug them?

    They should be used for target practice or batting practice.

    Just be sure to pick up the pieces after and discard...no littering...
    Ah well look at the shiny dog n pony show. - Dosadi
    ----------------------------------------------------
    For every prophecy on the first coming of Christ, there are eight on Christ’s second coming. — PAUL LEE TAN

  38. #38
    I don't know if Alexa is Big Sister or not, but I can't stand being talked to by a machine! I hang up on computer phone calls, and I won't go through the self checkout; it keeps repeating itself while I find my money, it keeps saying, "unknown item", and it yells at me when I put my purse on it; how's a person to think if it won't shut up? Alexa reminds me of Hal, or those creepy movies that came on in the middle of the night we used to scare ourselves to death with at slumber parties. No, thanks; I'll just stay old school.

  39. #39
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    I have colored LED lights. I can set a color scheme in a room, set a "theme", or dim/raise the light level. And using Alexa, I can do one room from a different room.
    Add a disco ball, some shag carpet and a bean bag chair and it would look like my old 1974 Chevy Van

    We have three of them.
    If you ask a question where all 3 can hear you, do they give the same answer?

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    2,278
    "My wife asked why I carried a gun around the house. I told her:fear of the CIA. She Laughed, I laughed, the Amazon Echo Laughed. I shot the Echo"
    Was known as dairyfarmer but sold the cows.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


NOTICE: Timebomb2000 is an Internet forum for discussion of world events and personal disaster preparation. Membership is by request only. The opinions posted do not necessarily represent those of TB2K Incorporated (the owner of this website), the staff or site host. Responsibility for the content of all posts rests solely with the Member making them. Neither TB2K Inc, the Staff nor the site host shall be liable for any content.

All original member content posted on this forum becomes the property of TB2K Inc. for archival and display purposes on the Timebomb2000 website venue. Said content may be removed or edited at staff discretion. The original authors retain all rights to their material outside of the Timebomb2000.com website venue. Publication of any original material from Timebomb2000.com on other websites or venues without permission from TB2K Inc. or the original author is expressly forbidden.



"Timebomb2000", "TB2K" and "Watching the World Tick Away" are Service Mark℠ TB2K, Inc. All Rights Reserved.