Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

  If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **



*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or


GUNS/RLTD CNN Admits: U.S. Town Where Guns Are Required Has Had Only 1 Murder in 6 Years
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    25,291

    CNN Admits: U.S. Town Where Guns Are Required Has Had Only 1 Murder in 6 Years

    CNN admitted in a report on March 6, 2018, that a Georgia town requiring gun ownership has only seen one murder in six years and maintains a violent crime rate of less than two percent.

    CNN reports that Kennesaw, Georgia, adopted an ordinance in 1982 requiring the head of every household to “maintain a firearm.”

    CNN suggested the law requiring gun ownership is not actually enforced, but it simultaneously reported that the town of Kennesaw has only witnessed one murder in the past six years. In other words, just the common knowledge that guns are in the hands of law-abiding citizens appears to restrain the actions of criminals.

    Kennesaw Police Department Lt. Craig Graydon said, “It was meant to be kind of a crime deterrent.”

    At the same time, Graydon noted that widespread private gun ownership is just part of the reason for the town’s violent crime rate of less than two percent. He described the requirement to own a gun as part of “the whole picture.”

    But Mayor Derek Easterling (R) focused on armed law-abiding citizens, stating, “If you’re going to commit a crime in Kennesaw and you’re the criminal — are you going to take a chance that that homeowner is a law-abiding citizen?”

    News of Kennesaw’s low violent crime rate and the fact that they have only seen one murder in six years come at a time when Democrats in D.C. are working their hardest to further restrict the ability to own firearms.

    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...urder-6-years/
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

    Member: Nowski Brigade

    Deplorable


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Georgia
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
    CNN admitted in a report on March 6, 2018, that a Georgia town requiring gun ownership has only seen one murder in six years and maintains a violent crime rate of less than two percent.

    CNN reports that Kennesaw, Georgia, adopted an ordinance in 1982 requiring the head of every household to “maintain a firearm.”

    CNN suggested the law requiring gun ownership is not actually enforced, but it simultaneously reported that the town of Kennesaw has only witnessed one murder in the past six years. In other words, just the common knowledge that guns are in the hands of law-abiding citizens appears to restrain the actions of criminals.

    Kennesaw Police Department Lt. Craig Graydon said, “It was meant to be kind of a crime deterrent.”

    At the same time, Graydon noted that widespread private gun ownership is just part of the reason for the town’s violent crime rate of less than two percent. He described the requirement to own a gun as part of “the whole picture.”

    But Mayor Derek Easterling (R) focused on armed law-abiding citizens, stating, “If you’re going to commit a crime in Kennesaw and you’re the criminal — are you going to take a chance that that homeowner is a law-abiding citizen?”

    News of Kennesaw’s low violent crime rate and the fact that they have only seen one murder in six years come at a time when Democrats in D.C. are working their hardest to further restrict the ability to own firearms.

    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...urder-6-years/
    We have a large percentage of our town carrying guns either on their person or in their cars. But in our case, crime has increased as the transplants from Jacksonville are moving here due to Police pressure. We now officially have 6 or so gangs tagging the town. We also had 4 or 5 murders last year. Used to have one every few years.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    780
    Same thing is happening in Lafayette, IN. due to pressure from Chicago. Of course that is only in the imagination of residents as the folks running the town says it just isn't so.
    You want to save the republic???

    The only hope we have is repentance---real face-in-the-dirt sorrow for our own sins and those of our nation, and begging God to let His mercy temper His justice.
    (Thank you Freebird for these words.)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11,524
    It's like the Heywood Banks song said: you never know who's got a gun. 3:29

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jq1xDxqFuI


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    5,003
    Just did a quick little search on real estate in that area. I predict a huge influx of people moving away from big crime areas into this little (pop 33,000+) town. The town ought to figure out a way to vet them first.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    34,917
    I'm not going to try and convince everyone that West Virginia is crime free, but crime stats seems to be quite low. Now West Virginia is a state that allowed its residents to own pistols without permits and allowed open carry going back to the beginning when it became a state, somewhere along the way the state went along with the federal government and started requiring a permit/license (permission) to conceal carry a pistol.
    Not long ago they undid that law and many were claiming it would turn into a wild west and people getting shot for no reason, well it's gone more than two years now and none of that has happened, robberies and home break-in's and various other crimes have dropped and all for the better. The murder rate in West Virginia has always been low.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    956
    It's really quite simple; when illegals move in, crime/drug use goes up. It's really quite that simple and libtards won't (read: will never) admit it.
    Last edited by Captbill; 03-08-2018 at 09:05 AM. Reason: clarify

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Riding my Harley
    Posts
    4,346
    Used to live on the outskirts of Kennesaw, almost zero crime there.
    Patriot Guard rider
    www.patriotguard.org

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Silver State
    Posts
    2,227
    I live in Nevada. I tell people, "It's Nevada; everyone is armed!" Low crime in our region except for Reno. Criminals know most people have a gun in the house so almost no break-ins, home invasions, carjacking etc., because that will get you shot.

    Coincidentally, except for farm workers, this region has a low level of diversity.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Georgia
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesss View Post
    Same thing is happening in Lafayette, IN. due to pressure from Chicago. Of course that is only in the imagination of residents as the folks running the town says it just isn't so.
    We don't have that problem. It's all over the local radio. People are pissed. The County Cops are going after them full bore. The City also. We even had one shot by a homeowner a few years ago. The Cops were all over the radio saying he did good. They were encouraging everyone to be prepared. Nice feeling.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Happy on the mountain
    Posts
    58,403
    http://www.usa.com/kennesaw-ga-population-and-races.htm

    Population by Races
    White:
    19,697 (62.81%, #330)
    Black:
    7,673 (24.47%, #335)
    Hispanic:
    4,147 (13.22%, #94)
    Asian:
    1,439 (4.59%, #55)
    Native (American Indian, Alaska Native, Hawaiian Native, etc.):
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Georgia
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    I'm not going to try and convince everyone that West Virginia is crime free, but crime stats seems to be quite low. Now West Virginia is a state that allowed its residents to own pistols without permits and allowed open carry going back to the beginning when it became a state, somewhere along the way the state went along with the federal government and started requiring a permit/license (permission) to conceal carry a pistol.
    Not long ago they undid that law and many were claiming it would turn into a wild west and people getting shot for no reason, well it's gone more than two years now and none of that has happened, robberies and home break-in's and various other crimes have dropped and all for the better. The murder rate in West Virginia has always been low.
    Good for you!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    SWMO
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by Captbill View Post
    It's really quite simple; when DEMOCTRATS move in, crime/drug use goes up. It's really quite that simple and libtards won't (read: will never) admit it.
    There...

    I fixed it for you
    Gammas stand apart, staking out and defending their space, finding their own mate, showing no interest in dominating the Betas.

    Essentially, they avoid all but necessary, cautious interaction with Alphas and Betas.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    SWMO
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    http://www.usa.com/kennesaw-ga-population-and-races.htm

    Population by Races
    White:
    19,697 (62.81%, #330)
    Black:
    7,673 (24.47%, #335)
    Hispanic:
    4,147 (13.22%, #94)
    Asian:
    1,439 (4.59%, #55)
    Native (American Indian, Alaska Native, Hawaiian Native, etc.):
    Interesting statistics...

    I'm interested in Nowski's analysis
    Gammas stand apart, staking out and defending their space, finding their own mate, showing no interest in dominating the Betas.

    Essentially, they avoid all but necessary, cautious interaction with Alphas and Betas.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Happy on the mountain
    Posts
    58,403
    Interesting statistics...

    Gun demographics matter more than people demographics
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pahrump, NV
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by cleobc View Post
    I live in Nevada. I tell people, "It's Nevada; everyone is armed!" Low crime in our region except for Reno. Criminals know most people have a gun in the house so almost no break-ins, home invasions, carjacking etc., because that will get you shot...
    Ditto but Southern NV not Las Vegas. Pahrump is a very safe place in my experience since most people have guns. No potential criminal knows who does and who doesn't have one. I would not hesitate to use one of mine if home-invaded or whatever.

    I think we know what a "gun free zone" sign means.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Georgia
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by GammaRat View Post
    Interesting statistics...

    I'm interested in Nowski's analysis
    The area is upper class. They all have money and move there to avoid the crime in Atlanta. Race is less of an issue in this case.

  18. #18
    I remember reading the results of a study of prisoners when asked if they would rather be confronted by police or a citizen. 100% said police because they knew that the citizen would more prone to just shoot the bad guy. Wish I could remember where I read that but can not.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11,524
    Quote Originally Posted by GammaRat View Post
    Interesting statistics...

    I'm interested in Nowski's analysis
    Same here. Last I knew, a 24 percent black population was "abandon city" level, but Kennesaw's got almost zero crime.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Interesting statistics...

    Gun demographics matter more than people demographics
    ...which may well explain Kennesaw.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    27,620
    I KNEW this was Kennesaw before I clicked the link!

    Woo-hoo!


    It's in Cobb County--which has been the bastion of Republican free-thinking time out of mind--BUT I don't know how much longer it will be----

    Trump really did Cobb a nasty turn when he appointed their VERY STRONG REPUBLICAN Tom Price for Health Secretary and then DUMPED him---I'm sorry but that was just WRONG. We lost a VERY STRONG Republican seat in GA and damn near got a gay little a$$-hole named Ossoff in its place---VERY narrowly defeated. The Damocrats pulled out all the stops.

    As to Cobb being "upper class"---well, TODAY that is true. NOT back when this law was put in place.


    Cobb County is where Kennesaw Mountain--and its accompanying BATTLEFIELD---are. (Essentially, once the battle for Kennesaw Mountain was lost, Atlanta was lost, and thus the Confederacy was lost). It's where Marietta is (one of the largest Confederate cemeteries around is there, along with LOTS of ante-bellum history---whole museums dedicated to Civil War history, Gone With the Wind, the "General" train from the Great Locomotive Chase, etc.). It was (WAS) a STRONG center of farming or middle-class and blue-collar, RURAL, hard-working, mostly white, GOOD-OL-BOYS (as opposed to "bubbas" and "bo-hunks"---Southerners will understand what I mean)--and in the days when this law was enacted, they were unashamedly CONSERVATIVE and didn't give a damn WHO thought they were "politically incorrect."

    It was from the CONSERVATIVE CENTER in COBB county in the 1980's that the Republican party took hold and grew and turned GA from a Democrat state to (in the last several elections) a Republican one.

    Now....

    They've had an economic "renaissance" going on there for well over three decades--LOTS of high-rise office buildlings gone up in the Cumberland Mall area, the new Braves stadium just built there, LOTS of fancy high-rise luxury apartments---and those are generally the type of things that attract the "avant-guarde" who are generally liberal.

    Thus we NEARLY got a$$-hat Ossoff in place of Tom Price.

    I fear for Cobb County.....I fear for Marietta and its former love of history and pride in its southern heritage--and I fear for what WAS the heart of conservatism in Georgia.
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.


  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Georgia
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by teedee View Post
    I remember reading the results of a study of prisoners when asked if they would rather be confronted by police or a citizen. 100% said police because they knew that the citizen would more prone to just shoot the bad guy. Wish I could remember where I read that but can not.
    I have heard the same. No idea of the source.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Happy on the mountain
    Posts
    58,403
    http://libertyfirearmstraining.com/b...do-the-police/

    Posted on May 16, 2013

    California is an interesting example of the deeply confused minds of those who assume they know more about how YOU should live your life than you do. I am of course referring to many of the politicians in Sacramento.

    After years of trying to regulate California criminals with a never ending stream of gun control laws they have still not given up with the belief that if they make something a crime that criminals will miraculously start obeying the law.

    In a survey of criminals(read that as FELONS IN PRISON), Professors James D. Wright and Peter Rossi of the Social and Demographic Research Institute at the University of Massachusetts conducted a study in 1982 and 1983 paid for by the U.S. Department of Justice. (Professor Rossi was a former President of the American Sociological Association.) The researchers interviewed 1,874 imprisoned felons in ten states.

    88% of the criminals surveyed by Wright and Rossi agreed with the statement that, “A criminal who wants a handgun is going to get one.”(read this to mean that these felons are not obeying the gun laws and the Legislature cannot figure this out)
    Wright and Rossi reported that:

    81% of interviewees agreed that a “smart criminal” will try to determine if a potential victim is armed.

    74% indicated that burglars avoided occupied dwellings, because of fear of being shot.

    57% said that most criminals feared armed citizens more than the police.

    40% of the felons said that they had been deterred from committing a particular crime, because they believed that the potential victim was armed.

    57% of the felons who had used guns themselves said that they had encountered potential victims who were armed.

    34% of the criminal respondents said that they had been scared off, shot at, wounded, or captured by an armed citizen.

    Based on this government-funded research by Wright and Rossi, it would appear to a reasonable and prudent man that armed citizens do have a deterrent effect on crime.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    28,382
    Still not enough Americans are armed.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Happy on the mountain
    Posts
    58,403
    Still not enough Americans are armed.

    And even fewer are trained.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


NOTICE: Timebomb2000 is an Internet forum for discussion of world events and personal disaster preparation. Membership is by request only. The opinions posted do not necessarily represent those of TB2K Incorporated (the owner of this website), the staff or site host. Responsibility for the content of all posts rests solely with the Member making them. Neither TB2K Inc, the Staff nor the site host shall be liable for any content.

All original member content posted on this forum becomes the property of TB2K Inc. for archival and display purposes on the Timebomb2000 website venue. Said content may be removed or edited at staff discretion. The original authors retain all rights to their material outside of the Timebomb2000.com website venue. Publication of any original material from Timebomb2000.com on other websites or venues without permission from TB2K Inc. or the original author is expressly forbidden.



"Timebomb2000", "TB2K" and "Watching the World Tick Away" are Service Mark℠ TB2K, Inc. All Rights Reserved.