Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

WAR California governor says Trump administration waging war against state
+ Reply to Thread

California governor says Trump administration waging war against state

Words mean things.
    If Governor Brown refuses to accept a Federal Court jurisdiction, then he is a rebel.
    He can say a lot, but if he fiddles with the Feds money, it will get nastier fastier.
    Words aren't deeds.
    The Mainstream Globalist Republicans are so weak that they weaken President Trump.
    The Democrats have the courage to lead. Mr. Obama would have crushed these lawbreakers within minutes like he arrested Gen. Hamm. The more the Republicans pussyfoot, threaten or bluster, the larger the problem gets.
    SS

'California governor says Trump administration waging war against state
    Sharon Bernstein

SACRAMENTO (Reuters) - California Governor Jerry Brown on Wednesday accused President Donald Trump’s administration of declaring war on the most populous U.S. state, after the Justice Department sued to stop policies that protect illegal immigrants against deportation.

The Democratic governor made the charge shortly after Attorney General Jeff Sessions intensified the Republican administration’s confrontation with California. In a speech in the state capital, Sessions accused California of obstructing federal immigration enforcement efforts and vowed to stop the state’s defiance.

Sessions addressed a law enforcement group in Sacramento, a day after the Justice Department filed suit against California, Brown and the state’s Democratic attorney general over so-called sanctuary policies that shield illegal immigrants.

“California absolutely, it appears to me, is using every power it has - powers it doesn’t have - to frustrate federal law enforcement. So you can be sure I’m going to use every power I have to stop them,” Sessions, the top U.S law enforcement officer, said in his speech.

Brown called the attorney general’s trip to California a political stunt and his description of California’s laws a lie.

“Like so many in the Trump administration, this attorney general has no regard for the truth,” Brown told reporters, adding that the laws were crafted with input and support from California police chiefs. “This is basically going to war against the state of California.”

Brown in October signed into law a bill that prevents police from inquiring about immigration status and curtails law enforcement cooperation with immigration officers.

Sessions said U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents carry out federal law and that “California cannot forbid them or obstruct them in doing their jobs.”

“In recent years, the California legislature has enacted a number of laws designed to intentionally obstruct the work of our sworn immigration enforcement officers, to intentionally use every power the legislature has to undermine the duly-established immigration law of America,” Sessions told a California Peace Officers Association conference.

The lawsuit, filed late on Tuesday in federal court in Sacramento, takes aim at three state laws passed last year that the Justice Department contends violates the U.S. Constitution and the supremacy of federal law over state law.

Trump has made fighting illegal immigration a signature issue, first as a candidate and now as president. Part of that effort involves a Justice Department crackdown on primarily Democratic-governed cities and states that Sessions calls “sanctuaries” that protect illegal immigrants from deportation.
    ‘LAW OF THE LAND’

“Immigration law is the province of the federal government,” Sessions said. “There is no nullification. There is no secession. Federal law is the supreme law of the land.”

“I would invite any doubters to go to Gettysburg,” he added. “This matter has been settled.”

The Union army’s victory at Gettysburg in 1863 is often described as the turning point of the Civil War, in which the South declared for states’ rights and tried to secede from the United States.

Brown later echoed the Civil War theme when he said the lawsuit was unprecedented, particularly because it was delivered by “a fella coming from Alabama talking to us about secession.” Sessions’ home state was part of the South during the Civil War.

Sessions accused Democratic Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf of actively seeking to help illegal immigrants avoid ICE.

Last month, Schaaf issued a statement alerting local residents that ICE agents were preparing to conduct an operation in the area, saying it was her moral obligation. A few days later, ICE announced the arrest of more than 150 people for immigration violations in the San Francisco-Oakland area, saying about half had additional criminal convictions.

The White House has called Schaaf’s actions “outrageous” and said the Justice Department was reviewing the matter.

Here’s my message for Mayor Schaaf: How dare you. How dare you needlessly endanger the lives of law enforcement officers to promote your radical open-borders agenda,” Sessions said on Wednesday.

Sessions also called Democratic California Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom an “embarrassment” for supporting the mayor’s actions.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1GJ2IF
    “Then the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.”
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland

If Brown really thinks the Trump Admin. has declared war on California, well then they haven't even started yet. How many writs of mandamus should have been issued by now?

Sorry Dems, California’s sanctuary policy is screwed
    March 7, 2018 Dianny

Do you remember back in 2010 when Arizona passed SB-1070?

Arizona had decided that since the Obama Administration refused to enforce immigration laws, they would do it for them.

Naturally, the Obama Justice Department sued the state of Arizona. And the case made it all the way to the Supreme Court.

The outcome was not good for Arizona.

SCOTUS ruled that when it comes to immigration laws, the Executive branch has plenary power and states have no business getting in the way.

Well, here we are in 2018 and the state of California has declared itself a Sanctuary State – effectively obstructing the Executive branch’s enforcement of immigration law.

Naturally, the Trump Justice Department is suing California over its sanctuary policy.

But thanks to Obama suing Arizona, we now know that the Executive branch has plenary power when it comes to the enforcement of immigration laws.

In other words, California is screwed.

Back in January of 2017, I pointed out that this SCOTUS ruling could come back to bite these Sanctuary-loving Democrats in the ass.

But Democrats never think these things through, do they?

California is not only refusing to cooperate with ICE; they’re actively obstructing them from enforcing immigration law.

Like the Mayor of Oakland who aided and abetted illegal aliens in their effort to avoid arrest.

Kamala Harris

@KamalaHarris

Trump and Sessions think they can bully California -- but it won't work. https://twitter.com/politico/status/971204377619980288
    6:24 PM - Mar 6, 2018

Really, Kammy? What part of “plenary power” do you not understand?

Were Obama and Holder “bullying” Arizona?

Only a Leftist would think following and enforcing the law is “bullying.”

Nancy Pelosi

@NancyPelosi

The people of California will not be bowed by the Trump Administration's brazen aggression and intimidation tactics. We will fight this sham lawsuit and will fight all cowardly attacks on our immigrant communities. #ProtectDREAMers
    8:58 AM - Mar 7, 2018

A “sham” lawsuit?

When Obama sued Arizona, was that a “sham” lawsuit too?

See, this is the problem with the Democrat Party.

They are incredibly short-sighted.

As I pointed out in my post from last January:

“Seems to me, in my limited understanding, the SCOTUS ruling against SB-1070 gave the Trump Administration all the legal precedent they need to tell these jerks to go pound sand.

“Despite playing the long game when it comes to destroying America, Leftists have a tendency to be crippled by short-sighted thinking.

“Harry Reid getting rid of the filibuster in order to help Obama pack the lower courts is kind of biting the Democrats in the ass right now, isn’t it?

“This is a problem with these guys.

“And I think in their haste to prevent Arizona from being able to do something about their illegal alien problem, they’ve set themselves for a losing battle now that Trump is in the White House.”

But it isn’t just a legal quandary for the Democrats.

It’s an electoral nightmare for them as well.

Are Democrats really so profoundly stupid that they believe the American people will take their side as they disregard the law and harbor criminal illegals?

For Pete’s sake, a poll conducted by UC Berkeley in early 2017 found that 74% of California residents want Sanctuary City policies to end. Including 65% of Hispanics and 73% of Democrats.

So what does California do? It doubles-down and makes itself a Sanctuary state.

Honestly, it’s as if 2016 never happened for these people.

You would have to live in a bubble to think that that siding with criminal illegals is a winning issue.

But that’s exactly what the Democrat party is doing on a national scale.

The far-left crazies that make up the Democrat Party in California are driving the party’s national agenda.

And I think that come November, that’s going to bite them in the ass in a big, BIG way.

http://patriotretort.com/californias...cy-is-screwed/

ummmm no, just want you to follow the law.

I'd say, no ... he's waging war against criminals and insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by FaithfulSkeptic View Post
    I'd say, no ... he's waging war against criminals and insanity.
    This ^^^^^^^
    Would someone please let me know how we have spun out of control?
    Has the captain let go of the wheel?
    Or could we please try to find a way to be a bit more kind?
    I see the road to tomorrow in the haze - Queensryche

Please start a civil war moonbeam, I hope I live long enough to see your liberal arse in an orange jumpsuit headed for prison or hung unttil conservative.
    "His golden colored hair and beard gave to his appearance a celestial aspect, His eyes grey clear. He came from racial lines which had blue eyes and golden hair. This granted unlimited freedom provoked the Jews, Jesus of Nazareth spoke rather as a friend of the Romans than of the Jews." http://www.thenazareneway.com/likene...ur_saviour.htm

these Cali kooks are destroying the entire state bit by bit............but that's all right 'cause they're the ones in charge!!
    Sapphire

myopically challenged

The conservatives need to plant some moonbat moles in CA politics to encourage succession from the U.S. If it happened, we'd have several less moonbat rep's in the house, 2 less senators, and 54 less blue electoral votes. This nation would NEVER again see a liberal president.

And again the DOJ refuses to use the laws on the books, at this point you don't argue in civil court, but arrest them and indict them in criminal court of law.

Er, has nobody noticed that it is actually the sanctuary states, counties, cities that are waging "war" against the federal government? It's kind of like Pearl Harbor -- they started it!

“Immigration law is the province of the federal government,” Sessions said. “There is no nullification. There is no secession. Federal law is the supreme law of the land.”

“I would invite any doubters to go to Gettysburg,” he added. “This matter has been settled.”

The Union army’s victory at Gettysburg in 1863 is often described as the turning point of the Civil War, in which the South declared for states’ rights and tried to secede from the United States.
    Sessions understands the real reason for the "Civil" War - states rights.

this FED lawsuit is great - but I'd love to see these sanctuary entities buried under lawsuits from other states, cities and even individuals that are injured by these illegals living with protection ...
    Illini Warrior

Please...please start some shit moonbeam....

“This is basically going to war against the state of California.”
    Attached Images
    From a fireball we came, crossed sea and mountain
    We were drinking beauty with our eyes
    We were given all to make our own, let us be left alone

III

until arrests, charges, trial and conviction and these turds sitting in jail it is all just another dog n pony show.

Won't believe it till I see it, cause I have seen the dog and pony show one time to many on way to many wrongs that never were righted.
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

OHH JEEEEEZZZZ!

Really?

Professional victim tactics being used at the state level.

Break the law and then bitch because they got called on it

Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by Dosadi View Post
    until arrests, charges, trial and conviction and these turds sitting in jail it is all just another dog n pony show.

Won't believe it till I see it, cause I have seen the dog and pony show one time to many on way to many wrongs that never were righted.
    Imagine the "street theater", candlelight vigils and all the other protester shenanigans just putting a few of them under arrest and into Federal custody would gin up. The reaction of the public at large to all of that might well be of some benefit come the elections for the Republicans...

Hell, moonbeam is waging a war on Trump and (C)(c)onservatives. All DJT is doing is responding.

Don't tell about something unless youvecpect a response.

Stupid OBVIOUSLY is as stupid does.
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

Exile Brown to Venezuela. They could sure use his ideas and he would feel very much at home with his comrades. Just a small start in cleaning up California what was once wonderful State.
    "They wanted to be left alone to face challenges head-on, and to prosper from their own hard work and ingenuity...harsh country tends to produce strong people."-John Erickson

Things are just starting to go sideways. I suspect in a few months Brown will be back to demanding President Trump and the feds save what's left of the state. It worked with the Oroville Dam.
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Screw them. Cutoff all federal monies and let them scream like monkeys in what’s left. I mean all federal money. Welfare, medical, everything....

Please, oh, please, oh, please, put these jerks and jokers in jail, Jeffie!

Quote Originally Posted by Bensam View Post
    Screw them. Cutoff all federal monies and let them scream like monkeys in what’s left. I mean all federal money. Welfare, medical, everything....
    This is the best solution. Let's see the beauty of communism in action. California will become the very first communist utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Gray Mare View Post
    Things are just starting to go sideways. I suspect in a few months Brown will be back to demanding President Trump and the feds save what's left of the state. It worked with the Oroville Dam.
    Well DWR isn't going to get money from FEMA to finish the spillway and the emergency spillway due to the Forensic Report stating that it was negligence of DWR as to why the spillway failed. Kiewit is still on the project and work is still being done. Where the money is coming from I don't know, but I predicted that this project would be over $1 billion and it's almost there. The DWR workers here are being tight lipped about future repairs to the spillway and Emergency spillway.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/02/...llway-repairs/

Quote Originally Posted by Bensam View Post
    I agree with you! Let them bleed! They're having a $hit load of trouble with the homeless down in LA. The sanitation is way out of control! Make Jerry Brown go live with them! I'm glad I live 500+ miles from there.

War? Then please level Sacramento when there's a full joint session, maybe during the State of the State address, Debt of Honor style.
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    Molon Labe
    We Must Secure the Existance of Our People and a Future for White Children
    Make America Confederate Again

California governor says Trump administration waging war against state

And real soon now there will be a Strongly Worded Letter, so you better look out.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

It is a fine line... There is a doctrine called "dual sovereignty" - e.g. the federal government has its orbit of jurisdiction over place. person and subject matter and the state has its separate orbit of place person and subject matter. Where they legitimately cross, they are read to harmonize and if not, then federal law preempts. Under its "spending power," the feds can also expand their reach by offering the states a federally funded program with conditions. Secretary of Interior v. California, 464 U.S. 312 (1984); South Dakota v. Dole, 483 U.S. 203 (1987); New York v. United States 505 US 144 (1992.)

Conversely, Printz v. United States (95-1478), 521 U.S. 898 (1997) [Brady bill gun registration] established that the federal government could not appropriate state agencies and compel them to implement federal law or a federal program. Our governmental system is compound not hierarchical.

According to all this, it is my opinion that the state cannot dictate by law to private employers, as they have done, that they cannot open their records or premises to federal law enforcement executing federal law. Those employers are under federal jurisdiction as well and federal law preempts. The state can tell their own employees not to release information on illegals in jail but, if there are clauses requiring compliance in federal grants, they would risk forfeiting the grant. State agencies or Mayors cannot obstruct the execution of federal law by federal LE. That is a crime.

In CA, county Sheriffs are ultimately under the authority of the state Attorney General. General Law counties are usually stuck with the most restrictive of state or local law. I believe Charter counties are as well, although charter cities may have some additional authority. (Medical marijuana, however, turned the usual hierarchical rule upside down. The law was allowing something federally prohibited, yet prohibiting counties from passing laws more restrictive. It was a mess, plus the law was really vague on details.)
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    And again the DOJ refuses to use the laws on the books, at this point you don't argue in civil court, but arrest them and indict them in criminal court of law.
    ^^ this ^^
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in.

("Anthem" by Leonard Cohen)