Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CHAT Personal music disappearing from Kindle
+ Reply to Thread

Personal music disappearing from Kindle

I have a Kindle fire which I generally like, but periodically my personal music gets deleted off the device. Since the music I purchased via Amazon does not, I suspect this is deliberate.
    Does anyone have a different device and does the same thing happen?
    I found an interesting article on how to get around this by creating a nomedia file but it might be simpler to buy a different device.
    "Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we will all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."
    Dumbledore to Harry Potter, Goblet of Fire.

Luke 21:36

A people who no longer recognize sin and evil, are not a people who will recognize tyranny and despotism either. Invar

“During the course of your life you will find that things are not always fair. You will find that things happen to you that you do not deserve and that are not always warranted. But you have to put your head down and fight, fight, fight. Never, ever, ever give up!”

- President Donald J. Trump

I keep my music on an MP3 player that doesn't have wifi for that reason.

I usually don't use my Kindle Fire for music, but I ran into problems with my phone and the Amazon music app/cloud. They keep the music I've purchased from them, but somehow, other stuff that I've loaded to their music cloud gets munged up. Finally gave up and keep my personal (non-Amazon purchased) music in the phone's on-board music file. Got so annoyed with the Amazon phone thing that for the truck music (formerly via Bluetooth) , I now just use a thumbdrive for everything...plugged into the truck USB port.

Something about "if you don't hold it in your hand you don't own it?"

Don't like "Clloud Storage."

Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I have a Kindle fire which I generally like, but periodically my personal music gets deleted off the device. Since the music I purchased via Amazon does not, I suspect this is deliberate.
    I found an interesting article on how to get around this by creating a nomedia file but it might be simpler to buy a different device.
    I had that too funny - I noticed when I was looking for something to listen to on a flight home. What I think they do is if you havent listened in a long while they send it out to cloud.
    Frugal is the new black!!
    http://www.bethefrugaldiva.com
    Get cashback on your online purchases!!!
    http://www.ebates.com/refer-a-friend...o%2FgWeg%3D%3D

Quote Originally Posted by compchyk View Post
    I had that too funny - I noticed when I was looking for something to listen to on a flight home. What I think they do is if you havent listened in a long while they send it out to cloud.
    I don't think so Compchyk. It is only my personal (not purchased thru Amazon) music that disappears, regardless of the frequency with which I listen. Amazon won't admit to this, but I think it is their 'subtle' way of encouraging folks to purchase only thru them.
    "Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we will all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."

A people who no longer recognize sin and evil, are not a people who will recognize tyranny and despotism either. Invar

“During the course of your life you will find that things are not always fair. You will find that things happen to you that you do not deserve and that are not always warranted. But you have to put your head down and fight, fight, fight. Never, ever, ever give up!”

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Jeff Bezos is a billionaire because he stole the music off your Kindle and resold it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbin View Post
    Something about "if you don't hold it in your hand you don't own it?"

Don't like "Clloud Storage."

Dobbin
    Haha!! Don't worry - I always have my own copy of any digital music (and uploads from my old CD's) stored on my own devices - computers, (backed up regularly) phones, thunbdrives. Not likely to lose it. The Amazon cloud thing is strictly for convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjeep View Post
    Jeff Bezos is a billionaire because he stole the music off your Kindle and resold it!!!!
    I suspected as much. If I knew it was worth that much I'd have sold it myself!

A "rooted" kindle is a nice device to have. Don't have problems like that anymore. My son uses the mini one as a MP3 player

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar09 View Post
    A "rooted" kindle is a nice device to have. Don't have problems like that anymore. My son uses the mini one as a MP3 player
    Ah, I would like more advice on that. Any links that would clue me in? (Never rooted one before, but I can follow basic instructions)