Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

POL Sessions delivers blistering rebuke to Oakland mayor, Calif. leaders over sanctuary policies
+ Reply to Thread

Sessions delivers blistering rebuke to Oakland mayor, Calif. leaders over sanctuary policies

Sessions delivers blistering rebuke to Oakland mayor, Calif. leaders over sanctuary policies

Sessions unloads on California Dems for ‘radical, open borders agenda’

9-12 minutes
    Sessions on DOJ lawsuit: California we have a problem

Attorney General Jeff Sessions notes that immigration is the province of the federal government, criticizes actions of Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf and announces lawsuit against California over 'sanctuary state' policies.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Wednesday unloaded on California Democrats who push a “radical, open borders agenda,” as his Justice Department sued the state over its immigration policies -- warning that there “will be no secession.”

Sessions spoke at an event for California law enforcement and a day after the Justice Department announced it was filing a lawsuit against the “sanctuary city” state over three pieces of legislation that it said interferes with federal immigration policy.

TRUMP DOJ SUES CALIFORNIA OVER 'INTERFERENCE' WITH IMMIGRATION ENFORCEMENT

In his remarks, Sessions noted “worrisome” trends as violent crime increased in 2014 and 2015, particularly a surge in homicide and drug availability. He said that a lawful immigration system was part of tackling such trends.

Sessions said that while America admits the highest number of legal immigrants in the world, the American people deserve a legal, rational immigration system that protects the nation and preserves the national interest.

“It cannot be the policy of a great nation to reward those who unlawfully enter its country with legal status, Social Security, welfare, food stamps, and work permits and so forth. How can this be a sound policy?” he asked.

“Meanwhile, those who engage in this process lawfully and patiently and wait their turn are discriminated against, it seems, at every turn.”

Turning to California, he described "open borders" policies that refuse to apprehend and deport illegal immigrants as a “radical, irrational idea that cannot be accepted” and rejected the right of states to obstruct federal immigration law.

“There is no nullification. There is no secession,” he said. “Federal law is the supreme law of the land. I would invite any doubters to go to Gettysburg, or to the tombstones of John C. Calhoun and Abraham Lincoln."

He then tore into Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf, who tipped off the public to an immigration raid in the San Francisco Bay Area last week -- a move he said led to as many 800 illegal immigrants evading capture and put both residents and law enforcement at risk.

“How dare you!” he said, addressing Schaaf. “How dare you needlessly endanger the lives of our law enforcement officers to promote a radical, open borders agenda.”

In defending the lawsuit, he accused California lawmakers of passing laws that are not only unconstitutional, but also a “plain violation of federal statute and common sense.”

“Importantly, these laws are harmful to Californians, and they’re especially harmful to our law enforcement,” he said.

"I did what I believe was right for my community as well as to protect public safety," Schaaf said Friday, according to NBC Bay Area. "People should be able to live without fear or panic and know their rights and responsibilities as well as their recourses."

Democrats have pushed back against the Trump administration's crackdown on so-called “sanctuary cities” where officials are ordered not to cooperate with federal authorities.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said Wednesday that the lawsuit marked “a new low” from the Trump administration and said the president was abusing the legal system “to push his mass deportation agenda.”

PELOSI SLAMS CALIFORNIA ICE RAID AS 'UNJUST AND CRUEL' AMID OUTCRY OVER MAYOR'S TIPOFF TO IMMIGRANTS

"The people of California will not be bowed by the Trump administration's brazen aggression and intimidation tactics,” Pelosi said. “Californians will continue to proudly keep our doors open to the immigrants who make America more American. We will fight this sham lawsuit and will fight all cowardly attacks on our immigrant communities."

But in his remarks, Sessions appeared to be happy to fight, promising that the administration will win the fight and protect law enforcement in doing their jobs.

“California is using every power it has, and some it does not, to frustrate federal law enforcement,” he said. “So you can be sure I’m going to use every power I have to stop them.”

Sessions has been a longtime favorite of Trump’s base due to his fight against illegal immigration as an Alabama senator. In a 2015 handbook to fellow GOP lawmakers, he called “immigration reform” a “legislative honorific almost exclusively reserved for proposals which benefit everyone but actual American citizens.”

But Sessions quickly fell out of favor with President Trump, particularly over his decision to recuse himself from investigations related to alleged ties between Russia and the Trump campaign.

Trump has lashed out against Sessions on a number of occasions, and has even said he would not have appointed Sessions if he knew what he was going to do.

Last week Trump blasted Sessions over his decision to ask the inspector general to review alleged surveillance abuse by intelligence agencies.

Trump complained that the IG is an “Obama guy” and such an investigation will “take forever” (though the inspector general has served under presidents of both parties).

"Why not use Justice Department lawyers? DISGRACEFUL!" Trump tweeted.

Fox News’ Bill Mears contributed to this report.

Adam Shaw is a Politics Reporter and occasional Opinion writer for FoxNews.com. He can be reached here or on Twitter: @AdamShawNY.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...rs-agenda.html

“There is no nullification. There is no secession,” he said. “Federal law is the supreme law of the land. I would invite any doubters to go to Gettysburg, or to the tombstones of John C. Calhoun and Abraham Lincoln."
    That ^^^ is a mighty strong statement.

Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared

"You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson

I am known for my "snotty gibberish", aren't I?

Somehow I just can't see "Sessions" and "blistering" used in the same sentence?
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I didn't see where he specified the consequences to their actions - just criticized, whined & complained. Will the mayor be arrested? Will the city be fined? WHAT?

Just like I said in the other thread... A bunch of nothing from a do nothing and worthless AG...
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared

"You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson

I am known for my "snotty gibberish", aren't I?

Gee.

Janet Reno didn't file lawsuits...

The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

"People should be able to live without fear or panic and know their rights and responsibilities as well as their recourses."

So Ms mayor just what 'rights' do people have who are here illegally and breaking our laws? You do that in just about any other country in the world and they throw you into prison for quite a long time and they're not too particular how they treat foreigners or if your lucky you are immediately deported.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

The bums are worried about election reform cutting into their voting base, they'll do whatever it takes to keep their cushy, protected thrones. Their actions endanger the entire American west, not just California, I'd like to see them and their illegal alien hordes relocated to Google island permanently.
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Welcome to the knife's edge.

Be real careful what you wish for here.

The Supremacy Clause pertains to the supremacy of federal laws that are consistent with the rest of the fedguv's Constitutionally stipulated mandates.

It is not a carte blanche license for fedguv to be the primary power base of the republic.

Which, of course, is what uncle sugar and his oligarch handlers want it to be used it for.

Meatpuppet sessions is right about its use on this issue (clarification edit: right on the immigration issue not the session issue) . But would loooooove to use it any issue his handlers would like to use it on.
    Last edited by Adino; 03-07-2018 at 03:16 PM. Reason: clarification
    pragmatic. eclectic. realistic. vivere paratus: fortune favors the prepared

the BIBLE: Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth! read it yourself. live it. love it.

it is what it is.........but it will become what you make of it

Hummm......

For links see article source.....
    Posted for fair use.....
    http://thehill.com/opinion/immigrati...s-returns-fire

California mayor escalates 'sanctuary city' war, and Sessions returns fire

BY BRIAN LONERGAN, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 03/16/18 10:00 AM EDT
    2,005 Comments
    THE VIEWS EXPRESSED BY CONTRIBUTORS ARE THEIR OWN AND NOT THE VIEW OF THE HILL

It is becoming increasingly difficult to deny the obvious: when it comes to immigration policy, there is a de facto cold war being fought between the state of California and Washington, D.C.

Libby Schaaf recently fired the first shot.

Schaaf, the mayor of Oakland, committed a serious act of escalation by publicly announcing that agents with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) would be conducting operations in the Bay Area in the next 24 hours. While her intent may have been to shield illegal aliens from accountability, even amnesty groups criticized the move for creating a panic among the illegal alien population in the area. Despite the tip-off, ICE went ahead with its operation and made more than 150 arrests. In addition to violating immigration laws, half of those arrested also had prior criminal convictions.

If California vs. D.C. is a cold war, Mayor Schaaf’s actions threaten to make it a hot one. Until now, California’s defiance of federal law has been mostly passive. The Golden State presently has 35 communities that have proudly enacted sanctuary policies to protect illegal aliens from federal immigration authorities. California’s SB 54 went into effect at the start of the year, officially banning local officials from asking about a person’s immigration status. Schaaf’s disclosure represents a much more proactive form of rebellion.

The feds are not amused. Last week Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced a lawsuit against the state, charging that SB 54 and two of its other immigration laws violate the Supremacy Clause. Before an audience of law enforcement officers in Sacramento, Sessions unloaded on Schaaf while adding that he recently signed condolence letters the previous day to the families of two law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty.

“Here’s my message to Mayor Schaaf: How dare you?” said Sessions. “How dare you needlessly endanger the lives of law enforcement officers to promote a radical, open borders agenda?”

Acting ICE Director Thomas Homan likened Schaaf’s actions to that of a “gang lookout” and said that more than 800 criminal aliens were able to escape the raid as a result of her warning. Homan has long insisted that by prohibiting state and local officials from cooperating, ICE agents are forced to deal with illegal aliens at their residences and other places that increase the danger to both sides. Homan and others have suggested that Schaaf and politicians who act similarly should face obstruction of justice charges.

In damage control mode, Schaaf issued a statement in which she proclaimed, “I know that Oakland is a city of law-abiding immigrants and families who deserve to live free from the constant threat of arrest and deportation.”

That statement explains a lot about the disconnect between open borders politicians and reality. In the upside-down world of California politics, illegal aliens are “law-abiding immigrants,” even though their very existence in the country constitutes a violation of federal law. Along the same line of thinking, those who break our immigration laws deserve to “live free” from any accountability for their actions. This is lunacy and shameless political pandering. Far down the mayor’s list of priorities, apparently, are the real law-abiding citizens of her community who still have more than 800 convicted criminals roaming free among them who should not be there.

While the immigration issue inspires enough passion on its own, California’s extreme position on it is tearing at the very fabric that holds our republic together. The precedent set here is an ominous one. What other federal laws may California decide tomorrow should no longer apply to it? What if numerous other states decide to follow their lead? Instead of immigration laws, what would be the effect if states chose to ignore federal laws on, say, firearm purchases, abortion or same-sex marriage? The result would be nothing short of chaos. The slippery slope here is steep, and California is willfully hurtling down it at breakneck speed.

Schaaf and others like her are doing great damage to the country. They are undermining the rule of law and encouraging illegal activity. Those who act out of such political expediency are putting their constituents, both citizens and illegal aliens, at risk. States should not be in open rebellion to the federal government on matters of national security. Like most wars, this one is not likely to end well for anyone.

Brian Lonergan is director of communications at the Immigration Reform Law Institute, a public interest law firm working to defend the rights and interests of the American people from the negative effects of mass migration.

And now that you have had your blistering rebuke, go to your room.
    This means nothing.

Arrest her and toss her into Federal lockup for obstruction. Of course, she will walk. Of course, no California Judge will allow her to stay in jail overnight let alone for 10 minutes. BUT, she will have been booked into a Federal detention site. She will have that arrest and booking on her record and in her memory forever. And keep arresting those who hate the United States and the American people so much that they prefer to protect those here Illegally and those who commit crimes against Americans. Arrest them again and again and again every time they pull another illegal stunt.

Actions. Not rhetoric.

Sooth
    EPHESIANS 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

More empty rhetoric from AG Sessions.
    And silence on Mr. McCabe.
    In practical terms, AG Sessions may have already folded as nothing has be done by the end of working hours today.
    If I have missed any acts, or events or indictments, let me know.
    Words are just wind.
    SS
    “Then the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.”
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland

They need to quit talking and start arresting.....like that Oakland mayor that shot off her mouth. Nail her for obstruction of justice and throw her into Federal jail....or how about Getmo?

Illegals are illegals are illegals are illegals ARE FRICKEN ILLEGAL!
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

Gee. I was hoping that since this thread resurfaced, something had happened.

Oh well.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Gee. I was hoping that since this thread resurfaced, something had happened.

Oh well.
    Sorry Dozdoats, I bumped it with that article only because IMHO the article belonged in this thread and not a new one. HC

That's OK. I'll be looking forward to the Strongly Worded Letter which will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    That's OK. I'll be looking forward to the Strongly Worded Letter which will follow.
    All talk and no action with Sessions. I can see why Trump is frustrated with him. Looks like McCabe is going to get his pension.

Another big victory for the Swamp.
    SS

'Cernovich (And Gateway Pundit) Report Andrew McCabe Won’t Be Fired…

Posted by Kane on March 16, 2018 7:45 pm

Jeff Session said he won’t fire McCabe, two sources familiar with his decisionmaking told me, thus sending a message to @realDonaldTrump that those who lie to the FBI in an effort to help Hillary are safe.

— Mike Cernovich ���� (@Cernovich) March 16, 2018

McCabe is safe, Sessions isn’t going to fire him despite clear misconduct.

— Mike Cernovich ���� (@Cernovich) March 16, 2018

Americans should not fund McCabe’s pension after what he did to weaponize the FBI, mislead the FISA court among other criminal actions. This is just like Lois Lerner all over again. Corrupt IRS official Lois Lerner is receiving a fat pension despite targeting conservative organizations. Mike Cernovich previously broke the Susan Rice unmasking story and Rep. John Conyers sexual harassment scandal.

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/bre...wont-be-fired/
    “Then the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.”
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland