Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

OT/MISC YOU SOUTHRONS!!!!!
+ Reply to Thread

YOU SOUTHRONS!!!!!

Aaaaargh!!##
    We just made the left turn on I-26 from I - 77 and y'all have WAY THE EFFF TOO MUCH GREEN GREENERY!!!
    Coise YOU!###!!!
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

Hey, I know where that is. Used to go south from Fatalville that way.

We had 3" of snow here at sunrise, if that helps.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Umm southrons? LOL. Y'all can have all that snow you want.
    Facts?? We don't need no stinkin facts...

Yeah there were small piles of melt from last weekend, and I'm gonna miss several inches tonight and tomorrow.

Or well not really MISS it.
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

We also got pollen. It's terrible.
    "America is at that awkward stage, to late to work within the system, but to early to shoot the bastards"-- Claire Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Hognutz View Post
    Yes, sirree bob! sneezing, coughing, itchy eyes, etc. Yay!!
    “What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” — Author Tom Clancy

Spring peepers are out in force as well. temps going down to 28 tonight that will shut then up for a day or two. LOL
    The most important days in a persons life are the day they were born and the day they find out why!

Don't forget the love bugs. Kept me in the house for three weeks last year.

Yeppers, pollen coating everything, and a daily headache from it....even with zyrtec + mucinex! Ah well, the trees and blooms are so pretty! And thankfully it's only mid 50's today, vs 80°.....it's way too early for 80° days, imo! The locals hate this cold, though! Lol!

Bopeep

Try buying local honey and eat a couple tablespoons a day it is suspose to help with pollen allergies , buy it from a local bee/honey person.
    JUST A FEW OF MY SIMPLE THOUGHTS
    LAY LOW WAIT LIKE A WOLF IN THE WILD UNTIL THE TIME IS RIGHT
    Never Pick A Fight With An Old Man He Will Just Shoot You He Can't Afford To Get Hurt

We are in full bloom down here in Florida
    Patriot Guard rider
    www.patriotguard.org

Quote Originally Posted by cris52 View Post
    Don't forget the love bugs. Kept me in the house for three weeks last year.
    Between love bugs, snakes, other creepy crawlies, and summer heat and humidity you could not pay me enough to live down South. Round about now we start looking forward to Spring and some greenery, but I'll take chilly Northern New England winters and a little snow any day before summer heat. I melt whenever it goes above 80 in the summer. When it hits 50 I'll convert to shorts for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by BoPeep View Post
    Yeppers, pollen coating everything, and a daily headache from it....even with zyrtec + mucinex! Ah well, the trees and blooms are so pretty! And thankfully it's only mid 50's today, vs 80°.....it's way too early for 80° days, imo! The locals hate this cold, though! Lol!
    Flushing your nose daily or more with a neti pot makes a huge difference...with the salt and baking soda in the water at specific amounts it is quite soothing and nothing like "getting water up your nose".

Three is a sqeeze bottle sold at drug stores that does the business without the actual netti pot. You can buy the packets of premeasured salt and soda too.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in.

("Anthem" by Leonard Cohen)

I am about 100 miles south east of there. A little more green.

WAB
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."---- Robert A. Heinlein

I grew up in the cold, cruel and congested northeast, and about age 20 went to live with a friend in florida - I was just amazed at how lush and green and warm it all was - almost like a drug

Quote Originally Posted by Hognutz View Post
    On the positive side, the kids can have fun making a pollen man in the yard and unlike a snowman it won't melt.
    Last edited by FarmerJohn; 03-07-2018 at 09:10 PM.

This is Wisc, we are 10 days out from Paddy's Day parade and we still have 7-10 inches of snow from Monday's ice storm. No crocus whatsoever!

But, we have the World Champions of Cheese in town, so got my cheesehead public sampling/voting fix on and plenty of ideas on new ways to serve.

Cranberry Cinnamon Goat Chevre on triscuits. Sublime holiday pairing. Fave was smoked Feta from Prague. Buffalo milk cheese. Camel milk cheese!

https://www.worldchampioncheese.org/

I went outside yesterday morning & noticed that the brown mud had changed to green grass & clover & Jonquils. Not far behind will be fire ants, mosquitoes, chiggers, snakes, weeds, sweat & the d@#* time change. I want winter back!!!!
    Job5:20: In famine he shall redeem thee from death: and in war from the power of the sword.

Ps.91: 10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
    11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

Having our 2nd Nor'easter in a week. Maybe some food coloring will give us some green.
    Happy is the Nation whose God is the Lord. -Psalm 33:12

Already started mowing.

Garden is in and mostly planted. It was really too wet, but I didn't want to wait. Now it's rained another inch after I tilled, rowed and planted the bedding plants. I could have done this weeks ago but for all the rain.

One day down south is far better than a lifetime spent up north.

Sure, the south has pollen, and red mud and chiggers and the like-but we also have manners, sweet tea on demand, girls grow up knowing how to cook, good fishing, good hunting and even better-air conditioning. And people that don't talk so fast you can't understand them.

I live in northern VA and it's too far north for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaMan View Post
    One day down south is far better than a lifetime spent up north.

Sure, the south has pollen, and red mud and chiggers and the like-but we also have manners, sweet tea on demand, girls grow up knowing how to cook, good fishing, good hunting and even better-air conditioning. And people that don't talk so fast you can't understand them.
    ^^ I agree

"In Georgia nights are softer than a whisper
    Beneath the quilt somebody's mother made by hand
    With the farmland like a tapestry passed down through generations
    And the peach trees stitched across the land

There'll be cider up near Helen off the roadside
    And boiled peanuts in a bag to warm your fingers
    And the smoke from the chimneys meets it's maker in the sky
    With a song that winter wrote whose melody lingers

And there's something 'bout the southland in the springtime
    Where the waters flow with confidence and reason
    Though I miss her when I'm gone, it won't ever be too long
    Till I'm home again to spend my favorite season

When God made me born a yankee he was teasin'
    There's no place like home and none more pleasin'
    Than the southland in the springtime"

Writer: Emily Ann Saliers

That's unreconstructed southrons living in occupied CSA to ya'll yankee's.

Bless ya'lls lil; hearts.
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
    We are in full bloom down here in Florida
    We are always in full bloom down here in Florida.

Well, I already had to mow the lawn last week. We'll be opening the pool a week from Monday. Yea, spring in GA is soooo trying....lol! I never regretted moving here 23 years ago from upstate NY. It was like retiring early....

Quote Originally Posted by dogmanan View Post
    Bopeep

Try buying local honey and eat a couple tablespoons a day it is suspose to help with pollen allergies , buy it from a local bee/honey person.
    It actually does. Strange but true in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Txkstew View Post
    Garden is in and mostly planted. It was really too wet, but I didn't want to wait. Now it's rained another inch after I tilled, rowed and planted the bedding plants. I could have done this weeks ago but for all the rain.
    Ours is in also.

Western NC; still the south but a bit cooler than the rest.

It's still too wet to plant anything here but I do have to say that the blooms of the Chinese Witch Hazel are lovely covered with an inch of snow.

The roads, however, were as slick as glass this morning

Nightdriver's in the South! Call the Confederate ICE agents!
    If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

Local RAW honey really does help with pollen allergies -- my beekeeper ex used to sell honey for this purpose and had lots of anecdotal reports of it helping. Get comb honey if you can, because it hasn't even been filtered.

Kathleen
    Behold, these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him.
    Job 26:14

wickr ID freeholder45

Yeah.
    We're rumbling around in Debary and environs for a couple days, checking on Mom-out-law....
    Mookie War Creed

What is this snow that yall speak of? I believe it to be an urban legend!
    Alea iacta est! We have crossed the Rubicon.
    Proud member of the Nowski Brigade!

When I get home Sun. I expect to have a foot or so of solid sunshine, or that urban legend in my driveway.

Yes, I'm trying to fogger a way to become a snowbird TOMORROW!!!!!!!
    Mookie War Creed

Never heard anyone pronounce it the way its spelled in the south where I am from.

Yankee Go Home
    One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism

Grasses are sprouting good. Our goats are eating a lot less hay. Most all of our fruit trees are budding, two plumb trees are starting to bloom.

Oklahoma, AKA green country.

Home again home again, jiggety jig.
    2200 miles, 3 days of mom time, 5.5 elapsed days.....

NEVER gonna do this without a bed, head, and galley moving at roughly the same speed in roughly the same direction as my driver seat.
    Mookie War Creed

Quote Originally Posted by MountainBiker View Post
    Between love bugs, snakes, other creepy crawlies, and summer heat and humidity you could not pay me enough to live down South. Round about now we start looking forward to Spring and some greenery, but I'll take chilly Northern New England winters and a little snow any day before summer heat. I melt whenever it goes above 80 in the summer. When it hits 50 I'll convert to shorts for the season.
    Yes, snakes!!!! You southerners can keep em, we have some, but none of the poisonous variety. I like hot weather, preferably 90*, but I’ll shiver through the few months of cold simply to avoid those slimy looking creatures! Even the garter snakes give me a fright!