Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CORP/BIZ Anyone Know Anything About Solar Leasing?
+ Reply to Thread

Anyone Know Anything About Solar Leasing?

Recently my folks spotted an article in the paper that talked about leasing land for solar farms, noting that companies were offering an average of $500 to $2,000 an acre a year, even in Michigan which isn't exactly the sun capital of the world.

The folks have a 20 acre parcel that's tenant-farmed right now--it doesn't make anywhere NEAR that kind of money--so they got to wondering if maybe this isn't such a bad idea. They've had me do some sniffing around myself, and I've found a few things, but I figured I'd ask you guys too.

Anyone know much about solar leasing projects, particularly in Michigan? A few reputable firms to talk to, things to watch for, so on and so forth?

This has poped up on TB2K a few times as news and it's not a good deal.

Never did it but have been approached for lease both solar and wind. I didn't much care for the terms I read. Read the terms carefully. Especially about right of ways and restoration clauses.
    Facts?? We don't need no stinkin facts...

we are fighting tooth and nail against a wind project right next to our rural neighborhood. 10 turbine project paying local farmer 1k per turbine per year... but we neighbors have held it up for nearly 10 yrs so far, fighting the destruction of scenic mountaintops, 24/7 turbine noise, nighttime hazards light flashing, all for power exported out of state to Massachusetss where theyndont wants those eyesores in their backyards... electricity generated at huge $$ loss but suppprted by govt subsidies, with maine ratepayers paying huge increaes in electric bill to pay for the extra transmission lines. not a bad deal for the farmer landown, until subsides expire and he is stuck with bankrupt tenant

Quote Originally Posted by colonel holman View Post
    we are fighting tooth and nail against a wind project right next to our rural neighborhood. 10 turbine project paying local farmer 1k per turbine per year... but we neighbors have held it up for nearly 10 yrs so far, fighting the destruction of scenic mountaintops, 24/7 turbine noise, nighttime hazards light flashing, all for power exported out of state to Massachusetss where theyndont wants those eyesores in their backyards... electricity generated at huge $$ loss but suppprted by govt subsidies, with maine ratepayers paying huge increaes in electric bill to pay for the extra transmission lines. not a bad deal for the farmer landown, until subsides expire and he is stuck with bankrupt tenant
    Actually, the landowners are getting SCREWED, compared to what they're paying in rural N.Y.. Last contract I saw was paying $12k per year per turbine...

Summerthyme

Geez, where is that one supposed to go? I can see the new Canton ones from my house. Such an eyesore. Stupid flashing red lights at night in a beautiful area. Luckily, it isn't in my main field of view.

ETA:Meant to quote Colonel Holman's post.

ETA2: Just looked up Patriots website and see the wind farm you are talking about. Stinks.