Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

OT/MISC Rajon Rondo Takes 320 Kids To Black Panther Screening in Louisville
+ Reply to Thread

Rajon Rondo Takes 320 Kids To Black Panther Screening in Louisville

Ain't this nice?

Shelvin Mack is doing the same in Lexington according to the 11:00 news.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other...lle/ar-BBJt6dv

New Orleans Pelicans point guard Rajon Rondo took more than 300 students in Louisville to a screening of Black Panther, according to WDRB.com.

The children had to submit an essay on historical events, people or places from Black History. Rondo reached out to the school as part of his "Assisting Youth Foundation."

“I didn’t grow up in a two-person household, and a lot of these kids don’t." Rondo said. "I can relate to some of these kids in those ways. There are some nights you’re on your own and you don’t know who is there or who’s willing to help you."

“Black Panther” is expected to pass the $500 million mark in the worldwide box office on Thursday.

Gotta get 'em brainwashed early...
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Gotta get 'em brainwashed early...

Big deal (Shelvin Mack) on Lexington nightly news.... lots of "attaboys" and "this is wonderful" from the newscasters.

Looked to me like the group lacked diversity.

Same goes for the Louisville group.

Quote Originally Posted by vestige View Post
    Big deal (Shelvin Mack) on Lexington nightly news.... lots of "attaboys" and "this is wonderful" from the newscasters.

Looked to me like the group lacked diversity.

Same goes for the Louisville group.
    I dunno... I say "good for him". I am tired of millionaire athletes protesting flags and such crap. At least this guy forked out some of his own dough DOING something.
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared
    "You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

Too bad the movies so racist....

The guy near the door sure hasn't missed any BBQ's.
    Facts?? We don't need no stinkin facts...

Recruiter for "Obama's Domestic Security Force?"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/08...lian-army.html

Of course the Black idea of "security" differs from a White idea.

Or anyone else's idea.

Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

OP:
    “Black Panther” is expected to pass the $500 million mark in the worldwide box office on Thursday.
    next we'll be hearing its the
    MOST IMPORTANT PIECE OF FILM EVER PRODUCED IN HUMAN HISTORY
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

I think a hand full of the extreme left blacks are getting other black to do this and the movie's ratings are not anywhere near what they hoped for making it a total failure and complete lo$$ for its money backers.

The guy near the door sure hasn't missed any BBQ's.

He be de bodyguard no doubt.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto

Blacks are turning out for this movie or other Black activists/leaders are lining up situations to have as many Blacks to attend as possible.............they are coming out of the woodwork like they did when Obama was running for the presidency.......

I thought it was a movie about a black superhero who was a force for good. Why is it bad for black children, or any children for that matter, to have a good role model?
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    I dunno... I say "good for him". I am tired of millionaire athletes protesting flags and such crap. At least this guy forked out some of his own dough DOING something.
    Doing bad - doesn't count as doing good - IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt9UZo32KMk
    BLACK PANTHER Trailer 2 (Extended) Marvel 2018
    R/T 04:22

Quote Originally Posted by PghPanther View Post
    Blacks are turning out for this movie or other Black activists/leaders are lining up situations to have as many Blacks to attend as possible.............they are coming out of the woodwork like they did when Obama was running for the presidency.......

If they do like they did at the ballot box when Obama ran they will probably attend 5 or 6 times.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh View Post
    I thought it was a movie about a black superhero who was a force for good. Why is it bad for black children, or any children for that matter, to have a good role model?
    I thought so too. I've not found any racist reviews on another forum I'm a member of.

I'm a huge comic book collector and one of my favorite DC characters is Jonn Jonzz' Martian Manhunter: good guy who just happens to take his human form as a black man. He's been around since the 60's.
    Not all super hero minority characters are bad.

My husband and I plan on buying it on Blu-Ray when it comes out.
    We have every Marvel and DC movie and none have bothered us.
    ~ I stand with Ted to defeat Hillary Clinton. My family and I will be voting for Trump/Pence this November.
    "It took Jimmy Carter to give us Ronald Reagan." - Our country's last best hope in 2016, was Presidential Candidate Ted Cruz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt9UZo32KMk
    BLACK PANTHER Trailer 2 (Extended) Marvel 2018
    R/T 04:22
    I expended valuable time and watched this^^^.

Looks like standard gum rhetoric to me.

I agree... I think a lot of folks here have some tainted glasses they are looking through. I have even read some reviews that liken Black Panther to Trump because he keeps his country protected from outsiders and there is a huge "wall" around it... ( I Think Ann Coulter was one of those reviewers ).

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl_70 View Post
    I thought so too. I've not found any racist reviews on another forum I'm a member of.

I'm a huge comic book collector and one of my favorite DC characters is Jonn Jonzz' Martian Manhunter: good guy who just happens to take his human form as a black man. He's been around since the 60's.
    Not all super hero minority characters are bad.

My husband and I plan on buying it on Blu-Ray when it comes out.
    We have every Marvel and DC movie and none have bothered us.
    When I was a kid, I used to own the first appearance and origin of Black Panther from Fantastic Four ( Not to mention the First Thor from Journey Into Mystery #83 ):

I wish I still had those as the Black Panther stories are worth around $500.00 each and the Thor is worth a whopping $14,000.00. I do, however, still have my first appearance of the Falcon from Captain America #117
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared
    "You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

you're absolutely right marsh -
    just so they realize EVERYBODY can't be KANGZ an KAHWEENZ
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

I have even read some reviews that liken Black Panther to Trump because he keeps his country protected from outsiders and there is a huge "wall" around it...

Sure. It's just a mirror image Trump deal.

It's GREAT if the black dudez do it, but OMG IT BE WAAAACISSS if whitey does the EXACT SAME THING.

Now, which tainted glasses was that?

I have even read some reviews that liken Black Panther to Trump because he keeps his country protected from outsiders and there is a huge "wall" around it...

Sure. It's just a mirror image Trump deal.

It's GREAT if the black dudez do it, but OMG IT BE WAAAACISSS if whitey does the EXACT SAME THING.

Now, which tainted glasses was that?
    I won't be seeing the movie but I did watch the trailer you graciously provided.

Is this guy supposed to be a bluegum version of Superman?

I don't recall Superman ever going against "black" villains.

Maybe I just wasn't observant at that age.

Maybe there weren't any "black" villains at that time.

Nightly television indicates "blacks" are all judges, saints, super cops, sages or mayors/governors.

Maybe I was lied to as a kid.

Jaded, "tainted glasses," ...all that and more.

Delusions of competence and intelligence. Indulging in empty self-esteem, magical thinking, and fantasy doesn't make it so.

I haven't seen the movie, nor read the comics, and I won't. So, according to accounts, some element/compound? from outer space falls onto their heads, and it contains super advanced technology that the Wakandians use to build their empire. Kinda reminds me of a cargo cult.

Whatever.
    Bet that theater was plenty trashed with garbage afterwards.
    That is the reality.

Quote Originally Posted by vestige View Post
    Ain't this nice?

Shelvin Mack is doing the same in Lexington according to the 11:00 news.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other...lle/ar-BBJt6dv

New Orleans Pelicans point guard Rajon Rondo took more than 300 students in Louisville to a screening of Black Panther, according to WDRB.com.

The children had to submit an essay on historical events, people or places from Black History. Rondo reached out to the school as part of his "Assisting Youth Foundation."

“I didn’t grow up in a two-person household, and a lot of these kids don’t." Rondo said. "I can relate to some of these kids in those ways. There are some nights you’re on your own and you don’t know who is there or who’s willing to help you."

Good for him. Putting his money where his mouth is.

Meanwhile down the road from here ...
    ============

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/loc...202055284.html

Crime
    Argument over seats at NC movie theater ‘Black Panther’ showing led to shooting
    By Abbie Bennett
    abennett@newsobserver.com

February 25, 2018 10:03 AM
    Updated February 28, 2018 12:44 PM
    GREENVILLE

An argument over assigned seating during a showing of superhero movie “Black Panther” in a crowded Greenville theater led to a shooting on Friday, police said.
    “That dispute quickly turned into a pistol being pulled out and at least one shot being fired off into the ceiling,” Greenville Police Chief Mark Holtzman said.
    ///snip///