Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ILL IMM Justice Department suing California over sanctuary laws
+ Reply to Thread

Justice Department suing California over sanctuary laws

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...tm_medium=push

Jeff Mordock - The Washington Times - Updated: 9:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Attorney General Jeff Sessions opened a new front in the legal war over California’s sanctuary city policies Tuesday, announcing it would ask a federal court to halt three state laws that prohibit police and businesses from cooperating with federal agents.

Mr. Sessions said California’s laws trample on the federal government’s powers to set national immigration policy.

But beyond the legal questions, the Trump administration says sanctuary laws endanger communities by freeing criminals back onto the streets, putting both immigration officers and others at risk.

“The Department of Justice and Trump administration are going to fight these unjust, unfair and unconstitutional policies that have been imposed on you,” Mr. Sessions will say in a speech Wednesday to the California Peace Officers Association, where he’s expected to announce the lawsuit.

Department officials planned to file the suit late Tuesday in federal district court in Sacramento.

The move comes just days after California Attorney General Xavier Becerra accused the Trump administration of “terrorizing” immigrant communities with an enforcement sweep in the San Francisco Bay Area.

The mayor of Oakland also tipped immigrants off to the sweep, sparking outrage from federal officials who said she may have helped as many as 800 criminal immigrants escape deportation officers.

The White House confirmed last week that Mayor Libby Schaaf is under investigation for her actions.

She said she doesn’t regret her warning.

“It is Oakland’s legal right to be a sanctuary city and we have not broken any laws,” she said in a statement. “We believe our community is safer when families stay together.”

Sanctuary cities have been a major focus of President Trump, who in 2015, just after announcing his presidential bid, seized on the killing of Kate Steinle by an illegal immigrant who had been released from jail under San Francisco’s sanctuary policy.

But Mr. Trump’s attempts to crack down on sanctuaries have sparked a backlash, with analysts saying that hundreds of jurisdictions embraced sanctuary policies in 2017, chiefly in reaction to Mr. Trump.

California has led the way, with Gov. Jerry Brown signing three separate pieces of legislation last year limiting cooperation with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the U.S. Border Patrol.

Senate Bill 54, which took effect Jan. 1, bars state and local law enforcement officials from asking people their immigration status, prohibits them from holding migrants for pickup by ICE, and limits how much information they’re allowed to provide to ICE officers.

In February, two illegal immigrants with prior convictions were arrested in California and released after posting bond with no notification made to ICE, the Justice Department said.

Assembly Bill 103, which became law last summer, prohibits localities from expanding contracts with ICE to detain migrants in their prisons and jails, after immigrant-rights activists complained that detention was inhumane.

That law also requires a state-run inspection of migrants held in federal prisons — including the circumstances of their arrest and their processing. The Trump administration says those requests are improper.

Assembly Bill 450, which took effect Jan. 1, prohibits private employers from voluntarily sharing information with federal immigration officials or allowing officers in private areas of their business.

Mr. Becerra issued a warning earlier this year that he intended to prosecute businesses under Assembly Bill 450. Violators face fines ranging between $2,000 and $10,000.

Mr. Becerra and Mr. Brown are both named as defendants in the new lawsuit.

A senior Department of Justice official said they targeted California because the laws recently went into effect, but said they are reviewing laws in other states too.

Analysts disagree over the effects of sanctuaries.

Some studies have concluded they are safer than other cities that lack sanctuary policies. Immigration-enforcement advocates argue those conclusions are skewed, and draw a correlation between sanctuaries and safety that the data doesn’t support.

This week’s lawsuit is just the latest in a running battle over sanctuary policies.

The Trump administration last year announced plans to withhold federal grant money from jurisdictions deemed to refuse cooperation with ICE. Cities in California, Pennsylvania and Illinois have all won rulings limiting those efforts.

But earlier this week a judge in California did allow the Justice Department to withhold a $1 million grant from San Francisco, at least for now. The judge said the money was small enough, and the case complicated enough, that he wasn’t ready to rule the Trump administration had overstepped its bounds.

Trump administration can withhold grant from California over ‘sanctuary’ concerns, judge rules

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...nt-over-calif/

Associated Press - Monday, March 5, 2018

SAN FRANCISCO — The Trump administration will not immediately have to award California a grant being withheld over concerns the state is a sanctuary for people in the country illegally, a federal judge said Monday.

The amount of money at issue – $1 million – was relatively small and was at this point only delayed, not denied, U.S. District Judge William Orrick said. While he rejected the state’s request for a preliminary injunction to turn over the money, he also rejected a request by the U.S. Department of Justice to dismiss California’s lawsuit.

The judge said the suit raised “weighty and novel constitutional issues” that would benefit from additional argument.

Many cities in the U.S., and some states, have implemented so-called sanctuary laws encouraging law enforcement to focus resources on local crime rather than detaining people suspected of being in the country illegally. Defenders of the practices say they improve public safety by promoting trust among law enforcement and immigrant communities and reserve scarce police resources for urgent crime-fighting needs.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions has blamed “sanctuary city” policies for crime and gang violence. In July, Sessions announced that cities and states could only receive Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance grants if they allow federal immigration officials access to detention facilities and provide advance notice when someone in the country illegally is about to be released.

Cities and states were also required to certify that they complied with a particular federal immigration law. The Trump administration says that law requires that California not restrict officials from sharing information regarding immigration status with federal immigration officers, including information regarding a person’s date of release from state custody and home address.

A federal judge in Chicago last year blocked the advance notice and access requirements in a ruling that applied nationwide. But U.S. District Judge Harry D. Leinenweber said the DOJ could require Byrne Memorial grant recipients to certify compliance with the federal immigration law at issue.

An email to the California attorney general’s office was not immediately returned.
    https://soundcloud.com/user-309670005
    Audio Bhagavad Gita downloadable

This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed.

NO arrests.

NO prosecutions.

YEARS of wrangling in court.

AND IT MEANS NOTHING.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

California has led the way, with Gov. Jerry Brown signing three separate pieces of legislation last year limiting cooperation with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the U.S. Border Patrol.

Senate Bill 54, which took effect Jan. 1, bars state and local law enforcement officials from asking people their immigration status, prohibits them from holding migrants for pickup by ICE, and limits how much information they’re allowed to provide to ICE officers.
    bold:

Poster child... S*** for Brains Society

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    NO arrests.

NO prosecutions.

AND IT MEANS NOTHING.
    You're so negative.

No arrests so far.

If you think nothing will ever happen, why even bother complaining about it? I am positive. Trump is not like any other president. He is dealing with enemies in gov, all the Dems, many but not most of the Rs, embeds in gov, all the media, and more - and yet he has made incredible progress in just over a year.

This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed.

next thing ya know he's gonna send a strongly worded letter to em.

Dog n pony show

or as they say in texas

All hat and no cattle.
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

Trump is not like any other president. He is dealing with enemies in gov, all the Dems, many but not most of the Rs, embeds in gov, all the media, and more - and yet he has made incredible progress in just over a year.

And it's looking more and more as if Trump is his own worst enemy.

When we get to the point the best that can be said about Trump is WELL, HE ISN'T HILLARY then that is truly damning with faint praise.

I would like nothing better than to believe Trump really is a knight in shining armor on a white horse come to rescue the FUSA from its self-imposed fate. Believe that or not ... . But I've studied too much history, and watched too much history with my own blue eyes to believe that the man on the white horse is necessarily a good thing. I would like to see something more solid than platitudes from Trump, I'd like for there to be evidence of rock-ribbed convictions of his somewhere.

But so far as I can tell it's all The Art Of The Deal and EVERYTHING is negotiable.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto

Some of you folks make me LMAO. I can tell by your chest-thumping, spittle-spewing ranting that you expect NOTHING LESS THAN TRUMP SENDING FEDERAL COPS IN TO DRAG THE ELECTED OFFICIALS FROM THEIR OFFICES AND SEND THEM IMMEDIATELY TO GITMO WITHOUT TRIAL OR DUE PROCESS.

And that's if he doesn't just line them up and shoot them against the wall of the state capitol. Some of you folks are, frankly, nuts.

NO arrests.

NO prosecutions.

AND IT MEANS NOTHING.
    ..............no it means the invasion will continue which is what the uniparty wants.
    "His golden colored hair and beard gave to his appearance a celestial aspect, His eyes grey clear. He came from racial lines which had blue eyes and golden hair. This granted unlimited freedom provoked the Jews, Jesus of Nazareth spoke rather as a friend of the Romans than of the Jews." http://www.thenazareneway.com/likene...ur_saviour.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Some of you folks make me LMAO. I can tell by your chest-thumping, spittle-spewing ranting that you expect NOTHING LESS THAN TRUMP SENDING FEDERAL COPS IN TO DRAG THE ELECTED OFFICIALS FROM THEIR OFFICES AND SEND THEM IMMEDIATELY TO GITMO WITHOUT TRIAL OR DUE PROCESS.

And that's if he doesn't just line them up and shoot them against the wall of the state capitol. Some of you folks are, frankly, nuts.
    I am afraid this is exactly what many people want once their side is in power. I just want the rule of law back without the strange interpretations that people have been making the last few years.

If it was good enough for a six year old Cuban refugee under Bill Clinton/Janet Reno, why should an American criminal fare any better?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post

With all due respect Dennis, "sedition" is just an old word that needs to be ignored like "treason"? Most of my ancestors were killed exercising their Constitutional right to secede from an oppressive fed gov which btw is why we now live in the new SA, these blue state phucks are doing far worse.
    "His golden colored hair and beard gave to his appearance a celestial aspect, His eyes grey clear. He came from racial lines which had blue eyes and golden hair. This granted unlimited freedom provoked the Jews, Jesus of Nazareth spoke rather as a friend of the Romans than of the Jews." http://www.thenazareneway.com/likene...ur_saviour.htm

I think the Feds will back off on this one. California is already a sh*thole and Democrats want to make California worse.

Then take up arms and start shooting. Directly. Take responsibility and take action.

Otherwise we all have to work within the law. And there's no law on the books that lets us do what you so evidently want.

Trump is not like any other president. He is dealing with enemies in gov, all the Dems, many but not most of the Rs, embeds in gov, all the media, and more - and yet he has made incredible progress in just over a year.

And it's looking more and more as if Trump is his own worst enemy.

When we get to the point the best that can be said about Trump is WELL, HE ISN'T HILLARY then that is truly damning with faint praise.

I would like nothing better than to believe Trump really is a knight in shining armor on a white horse come to rescue the FUSA from its self-imposed fate. Believe that or not ... . But I've studied too much history, and watched too much history with my own blue eyes to believe that the man on the white horse is necessarily a good thing. I would like to see something more solid than platitudes from Trump, I'd like for there to be evidence of rock-ribbed convictions of his somewhere.

But so far as I can tell it's all The Art Of The Deal and EVERYTHING is negotiable.
    I think you have some very thick dark glasses on because what you see and what I see are worlds apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Be Well View Post
    You're so negative.

No arrests so far.

If you think nothing will ever happen, why even bother complaining about it? I am positive. Trump is not like any other president. He is dealing with enemies in gov, all the Dems, many but not most of the Rs, embeds in gov, all the media, and more - and yet he has made incredible progress in just over a year.
    Maybe but where is the dam wall.
    JUST A FEW OF MY SIMPLE THOUGHTS
    LAY LOW WAIT LIKE A WOLF IN THE WILD UNTIL THE TIME IS RIGHT
    Never Pick A Fight With An Old Man He Will Just Shoot You He Can't Afford To Get Hurt

A Message From President Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sgHIrts8EQ
    3:10

Mark Dice
    Published on Mar 11, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by dogmanan View Post
    Mexico is still gathering the money to pay for it.
    "You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end – which you can never afford to lose – with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be." — VADM James Stockdale, USN (1923-2005)

Trump spoke about corruption in Washington for years before he announced his candidacy for President. Someone in the know has been keeping him informed on criminal activity as evidenced by the things he spoke about on the campaign trail. There are thousands of individuals in government who have been distressed about criminal activity they have been aware for years but were ignored and crimes covered up by people in high government positions including judges and even members of the Supreme Court.

When indictments come down even the most jaded among us will be shocked at the depth and extent of the corruption exposed. Many who will be indicted will be in fields other than the federal government. These SOBs have stolen trillions of taxpayer dollars through outright theft and rigged government contracts. They've gotten us involved in wars to cover theft and corruption with no regard for service men and women killed in action. They've entered into agreements with foreign governments and NGOs that directly threaten the sovereignty of the USA. Charges of treason could even include one or more ex-presidents.

We're about to see scandal exposed that is unprecedented in American history.

Last night in Trump's speech in PA he started off by saying, repeating, that "There are EVIL people in DC, EVIL people".

Quote Originally Posted by dogmanan View Post
    Have you not read any news? Parts are being built. First ahole Congress has to allocate $, then lawsuits fought (successfully, about enviro crap), as well as bids, designs made, land purchased or figured out, then building.