Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

HELP MEMBERS between ATL--KC---DENVER pls PM me
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

MEMBERS between ATL--KC---DENVER pls PM me

Well, I'm being a nervous mom---because my (soon to be) 23 year-old son only sprung it on me a couple of days ago that he and a friend have planned to spend their Spring Break on a cross-country trip from Atlanta to Littleton CO by way of Kansas City.

I know it's a wonderful opportunity for them; what i fear is their youth and inexperience and the "I'm Invincible" attitude that makes them think it's ok to drive the whole 21 hours without a stop (which is what I'm afraid they will try to do) or not prepare for the unexpected (weather changes, car trouble, bad people out there).

So--just "in case"--could those of you who live along their most likely route (75 to 24 to 64 to 70) PM me and just give me your contact information that I could give my son and his friend, so he could call someone nearby to them if they get in trouble?

His name is Stephen, and his friend is Conner, and they're leaving Thursday afternoon.

I am begging them to stop overnight and rest in KC (maybe at a Best Western, since we have AAA discounts and they have free breakfasts) but I don't know if they will or will think they can just push on all the way to Denver to have those few hours more of time there.

I'd feel SO much better if I knew that they had some human "guardian angels" along the way to watch over them! (I'm already praying for God's guardian angels to guide them, and I know they will).

Thanks so much!
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

..............anybody???................
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

CM............. he's 23. Let go.

So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post
    CM............. he's 23. Let go.

Mom's are gonna Mom...
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared

"You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson

I am known for my "snotty gibberish", aren't I?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    Mom's are gonna Mom...
    Right! If I was along the way I would offer my contact info

Nowhere near their route, CM, but will pray travelling mercies for them.

Frankly there is nothing in Denver worth risking life and limb to spend a few extra hours there.

Re. them doing the whole trip at one stretch, if you don't know the old joke about the young bull and the old bull up on the hill, call me and let me tell them.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Ya know MzKitty----that was cold.

"I" was 58 when "I" drove up to Minnesota a couple of years ago to take my (blind) son to a convention there to get a scholarship he'd won---and "I" asked for names / contacts FOR MY OLD 58-YEAR-OLD SELF.

I see no diff between that and trying to establish a similar line of backups here.

We can all never have enough of caring about one another, I figure--that's what I love about the "family" here on TB2K.

Any idea why the college kids are going to Colorado?

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Nowhere near their route, CM, but will pray travelling mercies for them.

Frankly there is nothing in Denver worth risking life and limb to spend a few extra hours there.

Re. them doing the whole trip at one stretch, if you don't know the old joke about the young bull and the old bull up on the hill, call me and let me tell them.
    I take it the joke is not .... sharable on a "family" forum? (grin)

Any idea why the college kids are going to Colorado?

He went to a WONDERFUL homeschool academy for the arts that was started here in GA by a lady and her husband who've since moved to CO and started one out there as well (and now they're all over the country) and he's going out there to meet some friends he met through the school and hasn't seen since he graduated. Their ranch is in Littleton, and that's where they're headed.

http://artiosacademies.com/
    Last edited by Countrymouse; 03-06-2018 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Countrymouse View Post
    Ya know MzKitty----that was cold.

"I" was 58 when "I" drove up to Minnesota a couple of years ago to take my (blind) son to a convention there to get a scholarship he'd won---and "I" asked for names / contacts FOR MY OLD 58-YEAR-OLD SELF.

I see no diff between that and trying ot establish a similar line of backups here.

We can all never have enough of caring about one another, I figure--that's what I love about the "family" here on TB2K.
    No need to defend yourself CM!

Even if your son wasn’t blind and an awesome musician you can still watch out for him.

My prayers are with him

He went to a WONDERFUL homeschool academy for the arts that was started here in GA by a lady and her husband who've since moved to CO and started one out there as well (and now they're all over the country) and he's going out there to meet some friends he met through the school and hasn't seen since he graduated.

http://artiosacademies.com/
    Well... Good for him!

I sure know when I was 23 why *I* would have been going to Colorado ( let's just say that I was not the same person your son is )

Relax mom! We used to drive longer than that back in the day. Two of us used to make regular trips from SoCal to Oregon every couple of weekends. We killed a lot of fish up there!
    It was..
    Sovereign will that appointed Him,
    Sovereign love that sent Him,
    Sovereign authority that assigned Him to his work.
    He is Coming!! Be Ready!!

Well, CM, I'm not trying to be cold. He has your phone number, right? Does he have Auto Club? Does he know anybody between here and there -- at all? I don't know, it's just something I probably wouldn't do, and my son probably wouldn't want me to, but you do what you have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Warm Wisconsin View Post
    No need to defend yourself CM!

Even if your son wasn’t blind and an awesome musician you can still watch out for him.

My prayers are with him
    This is my 2nd-born son---Timothy's younger brother.

If he wasn't such a risk-taker I wouldn't worry so much.

BUT .... (sigh) .... he's the type (even though he has a good head on his shoulders) who is like "yeah, yeah, yeah, Mom, I know"---and next thing you know he's about to jump off a cliff without looking first. I LOVE that adventurous spirit and courage---I just don't want it to get him killed before the common-sense clicks in (I've heard at about age 25???....I hope....)

Well, CM, I'm not trying to be cold. He has your phone number, right? Does he have Auto Club? Does he know anybody between here and there -- at all? I don't know, it's just something I probably wouldn't do, and my son probably wouldn't want me to, but you do what you have to do.
    No, he doesn't know a soul. That's what I'm worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfisher View Post
    Relax mom! We used to drive longer than that back in the day. Two of us used to make regular trips from SoCal to Oregon every couple of weekends. We killed a lot of fish up there!
    Just curious--how long a drive is that?

Well... Good for him!

I sure know when I was 23 why *I* would have been going to Colorado ( let's just say that I was not the same person your son is )

I thought that place was in Nevada? (da-dat-Boom)

Countrymouse, check your PM's.
    Somewhere in the clouds, Your peak is shining, Have courage and go
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc_cqbxF0cg

I take it the joke is not .... sharable on a "family" forum? (grin)

Let's just say it's a guy thing
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

No, he doesn't know a soul. That's what I'm worried about.
    Well, he'll be with his friend, and if they are level-headed there won't be any problems. I used to travel places by myself when I was young, and fortunately nothing bad ever happened. I never dreamed my parents were sitting back home worrying about me. Maybe they did but they never said anything.

Being a young woman these days though, I probably would never do now what I did back then. But you have two guys there, CM, so try not to worry so much.

They have to fly sometime.

This is my 2nd-born son---Timothy's younger brother.

If he wasn't such a risk-taker I wouldn't worry so much.

BUT .... (sigh) .... he's the type (even though he has a good head on his shoulders) who is like "yeah, yeah, yeah, Mom, I know"---and next thing you know he's about to jump off a cliff without looking first. I LOVE that adventurous spirit and courage---I just don't want it to get him killed before the common-sense clicks in (I've heard at about age 25???....I hope....)
    Hmmm - I might resemble your son. I bet my mom hoped the 25 thing too.

You know what I learned through those “adventurous” years?!?

If God wants you alive you can’t overcome it and if God wants you dead...well your dead

I think I was a test from God for my mom to trust God

BTW - I’m way older than 25

I’m a bit too far north, but if he changes his route, let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Trivium Pursuit View Post
    Countrymouse, check your PM's.
    THANK you so much!

A young bull and an old bull were standing on a hill top overlooking a valley full of cows. The young bull says, "hey let's run down there and mate with one of those cows." The old bull says, "how about we walk down there and mate with all of them."
    The Social Security number is a bigger threat to Liberty than Communism or ISIS.
    Isn't it strange that we don't require our policemen to attend law school?

I wouldn't be so worried if the original plan -- of THREE boys going -- had held up. But one had to bow out, so it's only the two of them.

Well, he'll be with his friend, and if they are level-headed there won't be any problems. I used to travel places by myself when I was young, and fortunately nothing bad ever happened. I never dreamed my parents were sitting back home worrying about me. Maybe they did but they never said anything.

Being a young woman these days though, I probably would never do now what I did back then. But you have two guys there, CM, so try not to worry so much.

They have to fly sometime.
    I'm THRILLED that he's getting to go---I would just feel better if I knew that he had a "plan B" to fall back on "just in case" they run in to any trouble.

I wish I'd had the opportunity to travel like that when I was his age---I used to dream of studying abroad in Paris or London while in college---but given that my dad died when I was 18 (1 week after my birthday) and my mom was 61 when he died and I was an only child and the only one left to take care of her and run our farm---well, so much for traveling very far or very long. I thought I was doing something big when I got to go down with friends for a few days to Florida or (another time) to Ohio.

I don't begrudge him the trip, at all---I just want to (if possible) if he gets in trouble, and calls me from, say, Junction City, Kansas---that I can tell him, "Call this friend of mine from Timebomb--he/she will help you."

That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Warm Wisconsin View Post
    Hmmm - I might resemble your son. I bet my mom hoped the 25 thing too.

You know what I learned through those “adventurous” years?!?

If God wants you alive you can’t overcome it and if God wants you dead...well your dead

I think I was a test from God for my mom to trust God

BTW - I’m way older than 25
    Ok.....I am doing the "trust God" part---but remember the old statement "Trust God but keep your powder dry?"

I'm just checking out my "powder" on hand...

And I like your avatar---is that you coming up out of a laptop, though, or out of a trap door? I can't tell.....?

CM you will soon have a PM.
    Can't believe a couple of guys doing what a friend and I did (not the same route) 56 years ago without AAA or AAACK cell phones.
    They'll be fine. but contact info on the way.

Give people a littke time to respond, and bump it in the morning... there seems to be quite a large contingent on here in the daytime.

We've provided a possible "port in the storm" for several folks over the years... it never hurts to have a couple possibilities lined up.

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
    CM you will soon have a PM.
    Can't believe a couple of guys doing what a friend and I did (not the same route) 56 years ago without AAA or AAACK cell phones.
    They'll be fine. but contact info on the way.
    He does have AAA---that at least is a huge worry off my mind if they have car troubles.

I worry more about one of them sleeping while the other drives, and then the other starts drifting off to sleep..............and no one to wake him up..............

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    Give people a littke time to respond, and bump it in the morning... there seems to be quite a large contingent on here in the daytime.

We've provided a possible "port in the storm" for several folks over the years... it never hurts to have a couple possibilities lined up.

Summerthyme
    Thank you so much for understanding.

I'm not trying to ruin his trip---he doesn't even know I'm doing this.

I just want to have the "Plan B" available just in case he needs it--and praying he won't, and will just have a wonderful trip.

Thanks!

I'm THRILLED that he's getting to go---I would just feel better if I knew that he had a "plan B" to fall back on "just in case" they run in to any trouble.

I wish I'd had the opportunity to travel like that when I was his age---I used to dream of studying abroad in Paris or London while in college---but given that my dad died when I was 18 (1 week after my birthday) and my mom was 61 when he died and I was an only child and the only one left to take care of her and run our farm---well, so much for traveling very far or very long. I thought I was doing something big when I got to go down with friends for a few days to Florida or (another time) to Ohio.

I don't begrudge him the trip, at all---I just want to (if possible) if he gets in trouble, and calls me from, say, Junction City, Kansas---that I can tell him, "Call this friend of mine from Timebomb--he/she will help you."

That's all.
    I'm sorry you never got to travel far. Kinda got cheated there, especially for a college girl. Paris would have been a blast!

Countrymouse.....pm me if they need any assistance once they hit Colorado. I have several VERY good friends in the Denver and Colorado Springs area that I'm sure would lend a hand if need be.
    SM
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

Well--something sweet--

this is my son who is the budding computer guru---who's studying for a degree in Computer Internet Security.

He expects to do well, once he gets his degree---and he's already said a couple of times that once he's making his 6 figures (I hope he's right-- ) that he'll pay for me to have that trip to Europe I never got!

(although with the Muslim invasion now, it may be I've missed my chance---should have gone in the 1970's or 80's---but then there's always Ireland!)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMan View Post
    Countrymouse.....pm me if they need any assistance once they hit Colorado. I have several VERY good friends in the Denver and Colorado Springs area that I'm sure would lend a hand if need be.
    SM
    God bless you! Thanks so much! (if you can, PM me the info, just in case I can't get in touch with you -- he'll probably be getting into that area during the day Friday if all goes according to plan)

Well--something sweet--

this is my son who is the budding computer guru---who's studying for a degree in Computer Internet Security.

He expects to do well, once he gets his degree---and he's already said a couple of times that once he's making his 6 figures (I hope he's right-- ) that he'll pay for me to have that trip to Europe I never got!

(although with the Muslim invasion now, it may be I've missed my chance---should have gone in the 1970's or 80's---but then there's always Ireland!)
    Ireland would be good. Melodi says they don't have many muzzies there. A friend of mine went to Ireland about 20 years ago and she had such a good time she didn't want to come home.

When I was young, DW and I got off work Friday night and proceeded to drive 24 hours straight. Boy, were we tired!
    Now is the time for the American people to wake up and realize that we have been the only ones holding up the agreement between government and people.

should be needless to say - but - make sure they watch out around both Nashville & St Louis ....
    Illini Warrior

Make sure they watch their speed just east of KC on I70. The highway patrol often stops east bound cars with out of state plates looking for drugs. I have represented some in Lafayette and saline counties where young people have been stopped They need to watch their speed and leave the pot in Colorado