Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GUNS/RLTD AAFES Pulls All Standard Cap Magazines
+ Reply to Thread

AAFES Pulls All Standard Cap Magazines

This morning the Army/Air Force Exchange pulled all standard capacity magazines from their shelves. No one seems to know what the new policy will be, I heard two different versions. No Magazine over 10 rounds capacity is to be sold, the other was 20. So they pulled every last magazine off the shelf.

Considering that the entire customer base of the exchange is active duty military, retired, or veterans, I was very unhappy with their decision to do this.

Yup... Won't shop through them, again.

What a moronic move...
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared
    "You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

This would be an AAFES headquarters call on pulling the magazines. Wife works at a PX with a gun shop; no magazines were pulled off the shelves at her store (because if they did she's the one that would ship them back). This might be in some areas due to local gun laws-but nothing has happened in the A store she works in.

A situation like this would piss off a LOT of troops downrange. A LOT of them.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaMan View Post
    This would be an AAFES headquarters call on pulling the magazines. Wife works at a PX with a gun shop; no magazines were pulled off the shelves at her store (because if they did she's the one that would ship them back). This might be in some areas due to local gun laws-but nothing has happened in the A store she works in.

A situation like this would piss off a LOT of troops downrange. A LOT of them.
    At Ft. Bragg the magazines are in carts in the back. This was an AAFES HQ decision, her PX just hasn't acted on it yet, or it hasn't filtered down yet, but it will. North Carolina has no restrictions on magazine capacity.

Only 10's & 5's on their site.
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    Molon Labe
    We Must Secure the Existance of Our People and a Future for White Children
    Make America Confederate Again

Troopies who lose gear often replace it at the PX. Some supplement their issue gear by purchasing it out of pocket there.

This is major league STOOOOPID.
    The wonder of our time isnt how angry we are at politics and politicians; its how little weve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

This action is disturbing as it reflect the fed .gov's intentions for the rest of us.
    The right of the people to keep and bear arms is an extension of the natural right to self-defense and a hallmark of personal sovereignty. It is specifically insulated from governmental interference by the Constitution and has historically been the linchpin of resistance to tyranny. Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Hawk View Post
    This morning the Army/Air Force Exchange pulled all standard capacity magazines from their shelves. No one seems to know what the new policy will be, I heard two different versions. No Magazine over 10 rounds capacity is to be sold, the other was 20. So they pulled every last magazine off the shelf.

Considering that the entire customer base of the exchange is active duty military, retired, or veterans, I was very unhappy with their decision to do this.
    Rather a dumb thing to do.

So they are saying that even the military is not to have these magazines.

Hey, maybe the dems want EVERYBODY disarmed...even the military.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltVOXz4mxOo
    Time - 2:21
    Self-explanatory title.

Quote Originally Posted by 20Gauge View Post
    Rather a dumb thing to do.

So they are saying that even the military is not to have these magazines.
    I bet the liberals want to take away all their modern toys and give them that stash of M1's back.

Standard issue for the average grunt last I knew was seven 30 round magazines. Loaded full (not always a good idea) that's a max of 210 rounds in magazines.

Say a troopie wanted to be ready for Bad Things that might happen out in the bush, and wanted to up his basic ammo load by buying more magazines at the PX? Way to go AAFES.

MACV-SOG folks used to carry 20 or 25 20 round magazines back in the day, and bad Things happened regularly in their experience.

Clint Smith tells a USMC war story old enough to vote in this short video from Thunder Ranch - Marine language warning for tender ears - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J3Jm8HbHKU R/T 07:44

Once again - STOOOPID MOVE by AAFES.
    The wonder of our time isnt how angry we are at politics and politicians; its how little weve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Well, the gun counter at AAFES now only has magazines of 10rd capacity or less for sale. They are telling customers to call Customer Service at 800-527-6790 to let them know how they feel about this outrage.

My wife works in the same size store (A store) and they're still available. Checked last night.
    Lots of stuff gets shipped downrange from her PX (and it's an ECOM test store) so maybe that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Hawk View Post
    Well, the gun counter at AAFES now only has magazines of 10rd capacity or less for sale. They are telling customers to call Customer Service at 800-527-6790 to let them know how they feel about this outrage.

...abd hiw many of these people went on=base to buy their mags?
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

I have not failed. I have simple discovered ten-thousand ways things don't work.

Standard cap mags are back in AAFES this morning. Ya think they heard from their customers???

A piece of the issue MIGHT be the Tenth Mountain troopie who got himself ALL hung up in NY for his "normal" mags.......And I DO MEAN ALL HUNG UP over them......

The whole "CLEAR violation of NYSAFE Act, they were in his car, off base, etc etc etc.....

Guy might not have been the sharpest knife in the butcher shop, thinking his service ID etc would get him some slack, y'know, but Alban(ia)(Y) needed a poster child and got one.....
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

http://www.guns.com/2018/03/13/milit...ver-10-rounds/

Base exchanges cancel plan to stop selling mags capable of holding over 10 rounds

The primary retailer on U.S. military installations worldwide quickly walked back a planned moratorium on selling firearm magazines capable of holding 11 or more rounds.

The Army and Air Force Exchange Service halted sales of the magazines earlier this month but, the giant retailer reversed course on the self-imposed ban following customer protests, The Military Times reported.

“Feedback from active-duty, Guard and Reserve soldiers and airmen highlighted the criticality of high-capacity magazines as it relates to readiness and proficiency,” Exchange officials said.

The decision to stop selling the magazines, often original equipment, created sharp feedback on the retailer’s social media and was featured on military-oriented blogs that specialize in highlighting morale-busting gaffes by the services. Some in uniform noted they purchased magazines used later in training and deployments.

AAFES and its sister MCX and CGX outlets cater to servicemen, their families and veterans across more than 3,100 outlets on and near military installations around the globe.
    Was known as dairyfarmer but sold the cows.