Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CORP/BIZ Recent visit to Bob Evans Restaurant today
+ Reply to Thread

15 Recent visit to Bob Evans Restaurant today

My wife and I stopped appx 3:45 pm at the Bob Evans Restaurant #52, 49- Oak Spring Road (Rt 19 & I-70), Washington, Pa 15301, 724-228-8899. Receipt #40088

We decided to stop there on our way to an event at the Washington County Fair grounds where I was to meet friends.

I ordered Sirloin dinner and the wife ordered Chicken Pot Pie.
    We received the order in a timely fashion and the server was polite and friendly.

When my wife received the pie she placed the fork in the pie and told me the food was cold. When I picked up the bowl it was as cold as if it just came out of the freezer.

I called the server and explained and she apologized and took it back to the kitchen. Over 5 minutes later she returned with the pie and it was still cold. I again called the server (again she apologized) and this time she contacted the manager.

He came to the table we explained the problem and he took the pie and that he stated he would take care of it. He returned within 10 minutes (by this time I was finished eating).

My wife again went to eat the pie. But after 3 bites told me she was not going to finish it. It had a bad taste to it. It was not hot but warm.

So on leaving the store the manager adjusted the bill by removing the price of the pie. The meal I had was (on a scale of 1-5) would be a 2. The sirloin had considerable fat. This caused a 30 minute delay to reach our destination.

So my plan was to contact the Board of Health. This in my opinion is an endangerment to ones health. Hopefully the amount of food eaten will not cause any illness but if she becomes ill within the next 48 hours I WILL proceed with the complaint.

I am not attempting to wrangle any free meals or a reduced price of any meal. From this day moving forward I will not enter into any of your restaurants and I will share this experience within my circle of influence.

Take it for what it is worth:

We had a new Bob Evans that opened about 3 years ago - it closed after a year. I ate there twice and was not impressed.

They used to be generally OK, but I haven't eaten there in quite a while.
    I guess things have changed there. Three times to try and fix ice cold food that's supposed to be hot is three times too much.

The fact that you can buy Bob Evans frozen meals and entrees in the Frozen Foods and Frozen Dinners section of Walmart should tell you something.
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -DH Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
    I guess things have changed there. Three times to try and fix ice cold food that's supposed to be hot is three times too much.

The fact that you can buy Bob Evans frozen meals and entrees in the Frozen Foods and Frozen Dinners section of Walmart should tell you something.
    They went to Walmart for her food, each time she complained they went to get another one, still cold.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

closed all their restaurants around here years ago - damn good biz - decent enough food - beat the hell out of the competition like Dennys and Perkins .... their pot roast dinner couldn't be beat ....
    Illini Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by TerryK View Post

There you go.

TV Chef Gordon Ramsey goes insane if he sees a microwave in a restaurant kitchen.

I would have to agree.

Runtime 3:11, language warning!

THE MICROWAVE CHRONICLES | Microwave Moments on Kitchen Nightmares

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbRKHpE-30Y
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last time I ate at Bob Evans was about 5 years ago in Branson, it was okay and reminded me of Cracker Barrel. Sounds like they've gone downhill.

I'll have to ask my elderly cousin in the Branson area if it's still open.
    Every Time History Repeats Itself The Price Goes Up.

Howdy, Folks!

Hmm...I could poorly reheat my own frozen food in my own microwave at home for a fraction of the price. Thing is, I don't choose to.

Instead, I think I'll just cook my own fresh food and leave it at that.

[Yes, I have become that guy when I travel - I carry coolers and boxes of spices/ingredients, and if I don't have access to a kitchen, I carry a crock pot and burners and I cook where I'm staying.]

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    .... their pot roast dinner couldn't be beat ....
    I can.

I did an elk roast this past weekend, from wild elk from a friend's property about 40 miles from my home. Came out fantastic. Next up is the moose in the deep freeze...

Peace and Love,

Donald Shimoda

If you think RB's post #6 is bad, you ain't seen nothing yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHLmT-rHW6Q

So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post

Is this for real? If so, how many MORE restaurants need to be shut down? After seeing this video (for the first time), I don't even want to eat out again.

Had the exact same problem. Ice cold hash browns. Couldn't believe it. It was a breakfast ordered on a Sunday evening, so I figured it probably confused the newly hired youngster in the kitchen, but now I'm guessing it may be more.
    Another observation: that Bob Evans had recessed lighting behind plenty of ceiling fans. This created a very unpleasant strobe light affect. I asked to move seats, and the waitress said, "I know. I'll turn the fans off."
    (1 Cor. 8:1-2) : "We know that we all possess knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know."

Don't go to ours often, but I haven't had bad food when we have gone there. Service is another thing though. One time we went in and asked for a different table before we ever sat down and you'd have thought we asked for her first born child or something. Another time, two of the staff were having an argument over who had to wait on a table in the middle of the restaurant. They were very busy and both thought the other should do it and that's when the host got involved with some cussing thrown in. That was the last straw, I wrote corporate about that one and haven't been back.

Getting harder to find a Bob Evans anywhere any more. Only one in 30 miles of my house shut down about a year ago. Now it's a 40 mile drive to find one, roughly, and that's just not worth it for what you get there.

We went to visit our son in Charlotte and went to Bob Evans for dinner. Never again, the food was bad, the service and price of the food was ok. I ate about 1/2 of mine and didn't ask for a doggie bag.

Bob Evans Farms sold off it's own resturaunt chain last year.

Fair Use Cited
    ----------------
    Bob Evans sold

By Peter Romeo on Jan. 24, 2017

Bob Evans Farms has agreed to sell its namesake family restaurant chain to Golden Gate Capital, the owner of California Pizza Kitchen and a major stakeholder in Red Lobster, for $565 million and the assumption of capital liabilities valued at $40 million to $50 million.

The deal is a concession to shareholders who had been pressing for a separation of the restaurant half of the company from Bob Evans’ extensive retail-food business.

Bob Evans Farms is simultaneously buying one food processing operation, Pineland Farms Potato Co..

“As a more focused private business, Bob Evans Restaurants will be better able to deliver on its brand promise,” Bob Evans Farms CEO Saed Mohseni said in a statement. “We believe our talented restaurant teams, combined with Golden Gate Capital’s industry expertise and significant resources, positions Bob Evans Restaurants well for realizing its full potential.”

Mohseni will become CEO of the restaurant operation after the deal is closed. Golden Gate said it expects to close on the deal by April 28, the end of Bob Evans Farms’ fiscal year.

http://www.restaurantbusinessonline.com/bob-evans-sold
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

We've eaten at Bob Evans twice, a couple of years apart. The food was okay at best and pricey. Never again.

This was in Bloomington, IL

Judy

Bob Evans no. Cracker Barrel yup.

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post

This is the worst reality show I have seen. Serious, they shouldn't have produced the show let alone put it on TV.

Why don't you leave your experience on Trip Advisor. I often times leave a comment if I think a business is great or a business is bad - restaurants and hotels. This is the only way you're going to get anyone's attention and may save other people the horrible experience you and your wife suffered.

Here's the link. It's a great place to find other people's experiences with hotels and restaurants.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bardou View Post
    Why don't you leave your experience on Trip Advisor. I often times leave a comment if I think a business is great or a business is bad - restaurants and hotels. This is the only way you're going to get anyone's attention and may save other people the horrible experience you and your wife suffered.

Here's the link. It's a great place to find other people's experiences with hotels and restaurants.

Too many fake & lying reviews on such sites including Yelp.

Central Illinois..halfway between here and there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardou View Post

I have seen decent establishments try and make amends at both Trip Advisor and Yelp. It might be a litmus test to see if you even get a response from them.
    Needs more cowbell.
    "The Constitution only gives people the right to persue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin
    Proud member of fly-over country

Central Illinois..halfway between here and there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Cobra View Post
    Too many fake & lying reviews on such sites including Yelp.
    Well, the same could be said with any site that does reviews.
    Needs more cowbell.
    "The Constitution only gives people the right to persue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin
    Proud member of fly-over country

Bob Evans like any service or product company starts out with an idea that filled a need an/or market niche and addressed that very well............over time either due to expansion, change of ownership/management or consolidation...........or a buyout ended up finding the principles and processes change that compromise the ideals the company was first built upon.

In the models of company/corporate growth this will happen but just how far off the mark they end up determines whether they survive or not........

So the larger and more successful you are............the more overhead and dependent on profits for forecasting revenue growth are required..........irrespective of what impact that will have on your initial ideals that defined your market niche.

Perfect example............a small guitar manufacture finds a market niche in the kind of instrument they make............then they grow and may struggle to continue to keep up the same attention to detail and quality while they begin to produce at ever increasing quantities...............then perhaps a larger guitar maker buys them out and changes their culture and niche all together..........in some rare cases for the better but far and away it is usually for the worse......

This is what happed to Fender when CBS bought them out back in the 60s and they almost disappeared from the compromise on quality/consistency until a group of employees were able to buy them back from a spinoff sale by CBS in the 80s and set back on course what made them grow to being with ...........

Think in terms of a song writer and creativity............Waylon Jennings said you have your whole life experience to compose your first album of songs...........and if it sells well enough.............then the record company tells you that you have 6 months to make your next one......

Or a writer may have a great book on........ say dieting.............of which they dedicate much of their life to pouring everything into the book they have learned...........say it sells like hot cakes (no pun intended) well if that is the case then the publisher made a lot of money.......the author is famous and the publisher tells them..........you've got to put out another book within the year before this wave of success dies down.............the author says I wrote everything I know in this first book, I have nothing more I can add at this time...................well the publisher says, I don't care just make something up but get out another book while we can still make money on your name........

Ever see movies that were not designed to be a triology from the start but are a hit as a single production so the producer says we've got to have a follow up sequel and it sucks?

In the final analysis.............successful ideas come by the moment.....not by schedule.......
    Last edited by PghPanther; 03-09-2018 at 08:35 AM.

We don't have those restaurants out here in my area but as far as I am concerned everything to do with eating out has gone down hill. Realy miss the white people food in the old coffee shops back in the 60's , 70's and 80's. Spires, Carriage House, all gone now. Can't get a real chcken fried steak with real potatoes anywhere. And french fries? Forget it. A sodden, greasy mess.

BHC and I avoid Bob Evans like the kiss of death. This is after many years, where now the restaurant chain's quality has dropped like a rock.
    If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Well, the same could be said with any site that does reviews.
    I agree Josie. I use TripAdvisor quite often as we travel a lot. I give my reviews, rarely do I ever tell people to avoid any particular business. I can usually tell if someone is telling a BS story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Bob Evans no. Cracker Barrel yup.

I agree.
    susan

i have not been to a bob evans in a long time .
    i love gordon ramsay
    i can cook a good meal in about an hour