Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

POL Lower Tax Bill Increases tax on 83% of Americans???
+ Reply to Thread

Lower Tax Bill Increases tax on 83% of Americans???

I'm flummoxed...Dim's ads here running on TV about the lowered tax rates raising taxes on 83% of Americans...I've looked at the new rate charts and while I'm used to the Dims' fuzzy math I can't understand anything remotely accurate about their claim...what am I missing??
    Work Like You Don't Need the Money
    Love Like You've Never Been Hurt
    Dance Like Nobody's Watching.....

a. You may be assuming they know what the heck they are talking about. (but I doubt it!)

b. You may not be taking into account that the Dim's are counting on low-information voters not checking out their claims.

c. You may be forgetting that they are, sometimes, simply full of ####.

Buckle up, boys and girls. This could get a bit rough.

Gardening: the next great hobby!
    Got Seeds?
    - Tristan

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    a. You may be assuming they know what the heck they are talking about. (but I doubt it!)

b. You may not be taking into account that the Dim's are counting on low-information voters not checking out their claims.

c. You may be forgetting that they are, sometimes, simply full of ####.

Sometimes, how about ALL the time.

They are in on playing the 4-D chess. They decided it looks like a lot of fun.
    “My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave.” - Stonewall Jackson

d. Democrats lie constantly.

e. They are desperate to gain control of Congress so that hundreds of them can stay out of jail. Remember Hillary's 'If Trump gets elected we'll all hang'?

f. Soros pays a lot of people, including those in media, to advance the globalist agenda.

The Democrats read Hitler, or was it Josef Gobbels, famous statement: "If you tell a big enough lie, often enough, people will believe it."

The Democrats are assuming that 90 out of every 100 people who hear the add won't make the slightest effort to investigate it. We saw in the Roy Moore Alabama Senate race the definitive example of this sleazeball method being use. It worked there. We can expect to see it repeated in a tidal wave between now and November.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" will soon be available for sale at smashwords. The url is
    https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/267340 It is also at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

Quote Originally Posted by kjacks View Post
    I'm flummoxed...Dim's ads here running on TV about the lowered tax rates raising taxes on 83% of Americans...I've looked at the new rate charts and while I'm used to the Dims' fuzzy math I can't understand anything remotely accurate about their claim...what am I missing??
    You're missing the elimination of personal exemptions/dependents & assorted itemized deductions that's going to freak people out when they realize they're gone.

The new "we nearly doubled" (12 single/18 unmarried head/24K married) "standard deductions" are not so perky for upper lower income and lower middle income persons unless you're a renter with no children.

A single non Schedule A filer used to be able to write off $10,400 of their income, now they get $12,000. Works fine for those w/o kids but an extra $1,600 write off is not exactly the doubling that was proclaimed by all. Toss children into the mix and, despite the refundable tax credit to offset your liability, there's going to be all sorts of ugly screaming going on, even amongst conservatives.

I'm one of those affected. I will have to pay federal income tax again for the first time in well over a decade. My Schedule A COMBINED with the personal exemption wiped out the entire potentially taxable portion of my income, now it won't. Granted the change won't create a large tax liability but any is more than I have ... I'm so broke I've been medically non-compliant since '07 (my health is deteriorating rapidly as a result) & I had to reject Medicare part B because I can't afford either.

Next stop, a street corner begging for change?

Quote Originally Posted by Dare7 View Post
    You're missing the elimination of personal exemptions/dependents & assorted itemized deductions that's going to freak people out when they realize they're gone.

The new "we nearly doubled" (12 single/18 unmarried head/24K married) "standard deductions" are not so perky for upper lower income and lower middle income persons unless you're a renter with no children.

A single non Schedule A filer used to be able to write off $10,400 of their income, now they get $12,000. Works fine for those w/o kids but an extra $1,600 write off is not exactly the doubling that was proclaimed by all. Toss children into the mix and, despite the refundable tax credit to offset your liability, there's going to be all sorts of ugly screaming going on, even amongst conservatives.

I'm one of those affected. I will have to pay federal income tax again for the first time in well over a decade. My Schedule A COMBINED with the personal exemption wiped out the entire potentially taxable portion of my income, now it won't. Granted the change won't create a large tax liability but any is more than I have ... I'm so broke I've been medically non-compliant since '07 (my health is deteriorating rapidly as a result) & I had to reject Medicare part B because I can't afford either.

Thanks, I knew someone here would help, looks like Smoke & Mirrors are still in play on both sides...sigh...
    Work Like You Don't Need the Money
    Love Like You've Never Been Hurt
    Dance Like Nobody's Watching.....

Just keep using the old school math, the dems are stuck on common core math.

Quote Originally Posted by kjacks View Post
    No you are not. It will lower and reduce the paperwork for most people who file taxes. How much is still in question as everyone's return is different.

Sorry to hear that, but 90% of our clients are seeing an improvement. No always much of an improvement, but an improvement none the less. There are those who will pay more and we will hear from them in much larger numbers than those who save.

Also, with the withholding rates being changed, (lowered), most people really won't see a change. I believe most thing they will get a larger return. Not true.

Also, the employee expenses deduction has been removed. form 2106. Obamacare penalty has been reduced to zero. Tax rates have been lowered about 2%. Casualty losses have been limited mostly to Federally declared areas. And it goes on...

Actuually, for some of us it did. It turns out that the tax bill retroactively removed several tax credits. It did not retroactively activate the new ones.
    Please, come say Hi! and share your experience/knowledge. I love to learn.

http://survivingtothrivin.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kyrsyan View Post
    Actuually, for some of us it did. It turns out that the tax bill retroactively removed several tax credits. It did not retroactively activate the new ones.

Actually several were retroactively or extended that had expired.
    Which ones were removed retroactively?

I'm curious.

Thanks!

Gas prices are up .10 cents a gallon in Seattle and expected to rise further for Memorial Day......

I think states are raising taxes.

Because the some of the tax rates will rise in 10 years because none of the dems would vote for the tax plan to make it permanent.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Secamp32 View Post
    Because the some of the tax rates will rise in 10 years because none of the dems would vote for the tax plan to make it permanent.
    Republicans in congress couldn't make the tax cuts for non-corporate people permanent because that would have made the package blow the budget that they projected so the bill could be passed by reconciliation. Corporate tax cuts remain.

Leave it to the Democrats to actually find a use for common core math! Out of chaos order?
    And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. Luke 21:28

Preparing a People to Meet Jesus

Revelation 14:6-12

Click here for a FREE book - Absolutely NO Obligation:

http://www.3asdchurch.org/free.htm

Democrats.

The folks who can raise the dead in illinios when they need the votes.

Democrats.

The Folks who feel someone on welfare and every form of redistribution of money is still to be called a tax payer even though that person simply files their taxes so they can receive back way more money than they ever paid in.

Democrats

The folks who count parasites as votes for them because without the democrats the parasites might actually become tax payers instead of tax receivers.

Don't lose a bit of sleep over not understanding the words democrats use. They won't tell you the full truth, they do often lie as well as hiding the truth, and honestly they can't be expected to do any different because look at the folks in this country who support em.

For those who honestly do pay into the system, you will probably find you get money back.

For those who are a parasite, there is less blood in the deer this year so deal with going on a diet.
    working on unplugging.