Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GUNS/RLTD Seattle Police Begin Gun Confiscations: No Laws Broken, No Warrant, No Charges
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

4 Seattle Police Begin Gun Confiscations: No Laws Broken, No Warrant, No Charges

3 - 6 - 2018

A man in Seattle has had his gun confiscated by police after breaking no laws. The police took his gun without a warrant and without pressing any charges. Tyranny has officially taken hold on American soil.

The new “red flag” law, which has taken hold in other states already, allows the courts and law enforcement to take away guns from individuals they deem are dangerous and they’ve just begun the confiscation. A man living in the Belltown neighborhood of Seattle, Washington became the first individual in the state to have his firearm confiscated without any formal arrest or charges. The man was not identified by authorities.

Neighbors complained that the man had been “staring” at people through storefront windows while wearing a holstered firearm. He was not brandishing his weapon by any account, and open carrying is legal in the area, so he was abiding by the law. Other residents also complained that the man’s open carrying made them feel “uncomfortable” and “unsafe.”

“He was roaming the hallways with a .25 caliber automatic,” said Tony Montana, a man who lives in the same apartment complex as the gun owner and a person without any reasonable gun knowledge. Handguns are semi-automatic.

These lousy complaints from neighbors allowed police to use the newly passed state law to confiscate the man’s firearm because the man apparently stared at others. Maybe there’s a ban on staring at others in Washington we are unaware of. Under the extreme risk protection orders — also referred to as “erpos” or “red flag laws” — police (government officials) are now allowed to violate a person’s Second and Fourth Amendment rights (which are basic fundamental human rights) and take their legally acquired personal property if they are tattled on by offended liberals.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ant-no-charges

And if he put up a fight, I bet the police would have shot him dead.

Imagine these guys at your house to take all guns away?..........

Aim for their legs: when they have to get out of bed each day and put on the prosthetic
    leg they will ask themselves if it was worth it.

“He was roaming the hallways with a .25 caliber automatic,” said Tony Montana, a man who lives in the same apartment complex as the gun owner

Tony Montana, really?

"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -DH Lawrence

Hopefully, he didn't put up a fight and sues the Hell out of them. This is completely unconstitutional and should go to the Supremes... How they rule on these "laws" will determine the course of our nation
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared

"You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson

I am known for my "snotty gibberish", aren't I?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
    “He was roaming the hallways with a .25 caliber automatic
    I didn't know they made such a thing...

This is what happens when the word of an idiot is taken.

Deutschland uber alles...

No they haven't. Change your thread title.
    I'd rather be paranoid, prepped and wrong than be irrationally happy, frivolous and screwed.

This is the exact same law that Brown signed into law just today, Dennis. By the way, this is EXACTLY WHAT TRUMP MEANT WHEN HE SAID "TAKE THE GUNS AWAY AND THEN HAVE THE COURT CASE."

This is yet another example of liberals in action. It is the new reality that anybody can now call the police, make the "claim" that you are crazy, or whatever, and then they will come and do exactly what happened in this particular case. Further, the push is on to deal with the stalkers, domestic abusers, etc. At least in this case, the laws are usually written to require a conviction.

Yeah, Trump REALLY, REALLY F#%%% UP WHEN HE SIGNED ON TO THE SEIZE THE GUNS FIRST CROWD. It will now be impossible for Republicans to object to this illegal seizure of guns when he is in favor of it. Trump's use of an Executive Order to ban bumpstocks is also potentially lethal to the 2nd amendment.

Yeah, mark my words, once the powers that be get absolute power to seize personal weapons, with no charges, much less convictions, they will run wild based on narcs and people with an ax to grind against you. And yes, sooner, rather than later, one of the people so impacted is going to light up the inbound SWAT squad. It is only a matter of time before that happens, and when it does all hell is going to break lose.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" will soon be available for sale at smashwords. The url is
    https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/267340 It is also at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

I hope the Stable Genius isn't wearing golf cleats the next time he steps on his crank.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

By his actions, right or wrong....he pointed the finger at himself....

People don't understand open carry....so why paint a target on yourself....

When I carry, no one can see that it "Prints".
    JOHN 3:16 / John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE.

I bet if these laws are passed a Soros funded group will go through the registered voters picking out Republican names and complaining/lying to the police to get guns confiscated. Never underestimate the damage evil people can do to freedom loving people.
    Last edited by Seer; 03-06-2018 at 10:12 PM.

OP:

I saw this referenced on another thread and called BS.

Details are lacking.

I say BS until the lawyers make statements.

I'm sorry, but this is NOT gun confiscation. Police have been doing this for YEARS. Get a grip people, I may not like it, but complaints usually register and the gun is taken for a short period of time. Then it is returned. If the fellow had mental health issues>>>>>had been admitted to a psyh ward and was considered violent then he doesn't DESERVE a gun. But I really don't think this is what happened.
    There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."Theodore Roosevelt-1907.

Quote Originally Posted by ioujc View Post
    If the fellow had mental health issues>>>>>had been admitted to a psyh ward and was considered violent then he doesn't DESERVE a gun.
    That's not what the 2nd Amendment says.
    "Deserving" a gun has nothing to do with GOD given RIGHTS, they are non-negotiable.
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Quote Originally Posted by Flippper View Post
    "Deserving" a gun has nothing to do with GOD given RIGHTS, they are non-negotiable.
    Word

It's amazing how many pro 2nd Amendment people just can't seem to grasp this. I'm older now and I remember when there were virtually no gun laws on the books. I used to go to Western Auto in town when I was 13 and buy boxes of .22 longs for 50 cents each. All that changed with the Gun Control Act of 1968.

Quote Originally Posted by Seer View Post
    It's amazing how many pro 2nd Amendment people just can't seem to grasp this. I'm older now and I remember when there were virtually no gun laws on the books. I used to go to Western Auto in town when I was 13 and buy boxes of .22 longs for 50 cents each. All that changed with the Gun Control Act of 1968.
    Amen.

I used to go to Kmart and buy Winchester 30-30 rifles for $69.95... no questions... no paperwork... no .gov BS.

We have to repeal the BS laws such as the one you noted.

This bothers me greatly. If we had an honest medical system I wouldn't be so concerned about mental illness's but we don't.
    "Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food." Hippocrates

Who is Q?

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
    This bothers me greatly. If we had an honest medical system I wouldn't be so concerned about mental illness's but we don't.
    Years ago a federal court ruled that it's unconstitutional to keep mentally ill people in an institution if they are deemed not to be a threat to themselves and others. Lots of mentally disturbed people homeless today that in years past would be in a facility.

I know some people here have an aversion to getting a concealed carry permit. I understand that argument from a God-given right aspect. I see a great advantage to having a CCP in relation to counter-acting these "red-flag" confiscations. Can you imagine the 2nd and 4th A violations of TAKING private property from someone who has been vetted and has a documented history of carrying with no trouble? I would hope that some lawyers are gonna get rich from this over-reach. I don't feel that the present Supreme Court can give us any surprises on this specific argument. (I really don't care what this or any future SC rules but it would be nice to have a favorable ruling.)
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

Straight up truth!
    “What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” — Author Tom Clancy

Quote Originally Posted by JF&P View Post

DEFINITELY concealed carry if one carries a gun in public....
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
    I know some people here have an aversion to getting a concealed carry permit. I understand that argument from a God-given right aspect. I see a great advantage to having a CCP in relation to counter-acting these "red-flag" confiscations. Can you imagine the 2nd and 4th A violations of TAKING private property from someone who has been vetted and has a documented history of carrying with no trouble? I would hope that some lawyers are gonna get rich from this over-reach. I don't feel that the present Supreme Court can give us any surprises on this specific argument. (I really don't care what this or any future SC rules but it would be nice to have a favorable ruling.)
    Of course, my own thoughts about those with an aversion to a CC permit is then "they" KNOW if you have a gun....
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Uhhhmmmm

Raven uses to make .25's and Beretta still does.
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post
    Uhhhmmmm

Raven uses to make .25's and Beretta still does.
    I thought all theirs were semi....
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Um. What if you wear an empty holster - and it makes others "uncomfortable?"

Do they take your holster away? Even for a short while?

Or better yet - what if you wear a MAGA button - and you make a Liberal Head EXPLODE - do they get to take your button?

Obvious collision of your right to express yourself, and their right to "comfort."

2nd Amendment is no different than the 1st.

Um. The steps to the Supreme Court are very "slow" - as in a gentle slope. When they ask me to plead the case before SCOTUS, I'll be fine going in - but coming out might be a challenge to me.

Maybe I'll just stay there?

Maybe I should for more reasons than the steps.

Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

...what if you wear a MAGA button - and you make a Liberal Head EXPLODE - do they get to take your button?
    If you wear MAGA anything, they want your guns.

If you have a gun, they want it.

If you do or believe anything counter to their commie revolution, they want your guns.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by JF&P View Post

Some don't have a concealed permit, some don't want one if open carry is legal.
    Rusty in NC
    Don't tread on me!
    sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
    Wickr tiger133

Continued referencing the Constitution and the Rule of Law is meaningless. They no longer exist.

Quote Originally Posted by ioujc View Post
    I'm sorry, but this is NOT gun confiscation. Police have been doing this for YEARS. Get a grip people, I may not like it, but complaints usually register and the gun is taken for a short period of time. Then it is returned. If the fellow had mental health issues>>>>>had been admitted to a psyh ward and was considered violent then he doesn't DESERVE a gun. But I really don't think this is what happened.

I’m sorry, but I can’t get behind allowing crazies to have guns. Bloviate all you want folks, but allowing it is crazier that the crazy with the gun(s).

And no, grabbing someone’s guns because of an “anonymous tip” isn’t right either. There’s got to be a middle ground here.

if you think this nutcase advances the gun culture in the US - you want this kind of example on your side - think that the coppers shouldn't be checking on this situation ....

you are part of the problem - not helping extoll the good example that gunowners should be putting forward ....

just because you CAN do something doesn't mean YOU should - that's what distinguishes a mature, righteous, and correct thinking intelligent ADULT from the thug that the anti-gun crowd is exampling ....
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 03-07-2018 at 07:35 AM.
    Illini Warrior

Again, I’ll say what I’ve been saying for years:

THERE IS ONLY ONE REASON FOR OPEN CARRY IN AN URBAN ENVIRONMENT - TO MAKE A POLITICAL STATEMENT.

And not one of you can logically refute that statement. Open carry is an invitation to be hit over the head and your gun taken. Open carry is tactally unsound. YOU ALL KNOW THIS IS TRUE. That fact cannot be argued away. All you people are coming up with is “cuz Murika!”, and that’s not a valid argument.

Some have drawn the parallel between gun ownership and use and car ownership and use.

You can own and drive an automobile after proving yourself "competent" through a driver's examination. Along with the License they give you are the "limitations" on your use. If you're elderly, you might not be allowed to drive at night. If you are myoptic - you might have to wear glasses while you drive. If you are beginning driver you might have to be with your parents or with a currently licensed adult.

If you are among the vast majority of drivers - there are no limitations except for speed, rules of the road, courtesy for other drivers, and stop on demand from an officer.

Perhaps what is needed is a similar model for gun ownership? Tests of capability, qualified limitation on use depending on the user, "rules of the road" for use. And stopping for an officer?

Note the emphasis here is on the user - not the weapon. You may own as many cars (guns) as you can afford to put on the road.

What separates gun ownership from automobile ownership is the Constitution.

I have previously drawn the parallel between your 1st Amendment (freedom of speech) and your 2nd Amendment (right to arms.) BOTh protected by the Constitution.

There are caveats on freedom of speech. EVERYONE knows about yelling fire in a crowded stable, er auditorium. This being a case where the rights of the majority to be free of panic over weigh your right to say what you want. And we know you cannot slander or cause damage to others through your expression as in their right to honest and correct public perception over weighs your right to say what you wish about them. (even caveats on that as you CAN slander a public figure and get away with it simply because they are public - and such expression is to be expected of public figures.)

So perhaps there should be caveats on freedom of gun ownership? I think this the Fed Rationale to earlier gun law and the FID rules.

Dobbin

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    I’m sorry, but I can’t get behind allowing crazies to have guns. Bloviate all you want folks, but allowing it is crazier that the crazy with the gun(s).

And no, grabbing someone’s guns because of an “anonymous tip” isn’t right either. There’s got to be a middle ground here.
    The middle ground is already there if LE does its job. In FL, Baker act someone or stfu if you don't have proof. Florida had a failure of people not a failure of laws. Local state and federal. It never ceases to amaze me when authority asks for more money and more control whenever they screw up. I feel certain Seattle had the tools to get a warrant but that involved too much work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post

The middle ground is already there if LE does its job. In FL, Baker act someone or stfu if you don't have proof. Florida had a failure of people not a failure of laws. Local state and federal. It never ceases to amaze me when authority asks for more money and more control whenever they screw up. I feel certain Seattle had the tools to get a warrant but that involved too much work.

I'm not against the nuts not having guns. My concern is that it will turn into the no-fly list. You don't know you're on it, you don't know how you got on it, there's no process to get off of it; they got ya by the short one's. Very slippery slope, get put on that list and lose your weapons.
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    Molon Labe
    We Must Secure the Existance of Our People and a Future for White Children
    Make America Confederate Again

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreLibs View Post
    I'm not against the nuts not having guns. My concern is that it will turn into the no-fly list. You don't know you're on it, you don't know how you got on it, there's no process to get off of it; they got ya by the short one's. Very slippery slope, get put on that list and lose your weapons.
    Um. Sexual Predator Registry? You can't live where you want and you have to notify them if you do? https://www.nsopw.gov/?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

But - "Its for the children." They or their parents right to know where you are is greater than your right to anonymity.

The Warsaw Ghetto and six pointed star comes to mind.

Dobbin

There are caveats on freedom of speech. EVERYONE knows about yelling fire in a crowded stable, er auditorium. This being a case where the rights of the majority to be free of panic over weigh your right to say what you want. And we know you cannot slander or cause damage to others through your expression as in their right to honest and correct public perception over weighs your right to say what you wish about them.
    Yes, but the government doesn't take your voice away to prevent someone from yelling 'FIRE!' in a theater. People are expected to use common sense and if they can't control themselves they are dealt with accordingly.

If anyone expects bureaucrats, government hacks, dishonest politicians who confiscate guns and brag about how they are 'tough on crime' to get re-elected, and the gun grabbing left to protect their rights and work to clear those falsely accused or those who are no longer considered mentally disturbed is going to be in for a rude awakening. The left will most likely use the not competent reason as just a starting place for an ever expanding list of reasons that individuals who should be denied gun possession.

Anyone that expects government to protect your Constitutional rights needs wake up and face reality.

The Constitution was not written to establish your rights and freedom. It was written to establish and limit the powers of the government.

The Tenth Amendment declares, "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people." In other words, states and people have all powers not granted to the federal government by the Constitution. Federalism and court rulings have just about gutted the Tenth Amendment. As time goes on the federal government becomes more powerful and the states and people become less powerful.

Government is like a fire. As long as you watch over and control the fire it can be a great benefit such a heating your home, cooking your food, etc. However, if you start a fire and fail to properly regulate and monitor it and allow it to self regulate it can burn your house down and kill you and your family. All the crap and scandals we're seeing in Washington today is because we allowed government to become self regulating over the last several decades and look where that has gotten us.