Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

BRKG Gary Cohn resigns as Trump's top economic advisor
+ Reply to Thread

4 Gary Cohn resigns as Trump's top economic advisor

White House chief economic advisor Gary Cohn has resigned from President Donald Trump's administration.

The former Goldman Sachs president and free trade advocate Cohn, whose depature has yet to be announced, departs after Trump announced he would impose stiff tariffs on steel and aluminum imports.

"Gary has been my chief economic advisor and did a superb job in driving our agenda, helping to deliver historic tax cuts and reforms and unleashing the American economy once again," Trump said.

"He is a rare talent, and I thank him for his dedicated service to the American people."

Cohn clashed with Trump's protectionist advisors on the issue. At a meeting with steel and aluminum executives Thursday where Trump announced the move, Cohn argued against it, warning about price increases for steel and aluminum products, according to a person in the room.

Market watchers saw Cohn's potential departure as a bad omen for the White House's economic policy. He helped to shepherd massive tax cuts, the Trump administration's only major legislative achievement, which the president signed into law in December.

Cohn also faced pressure to step down following Trump's defiant response to violence at a white nationalist rally in August. In an FT interview published that month, Cohn said he faced pressure both to leave Trump's White House and to stay in it. He even drafted a resignation letter, according to The New York Times.

The economic advisor told the FT that the White House "must do better" following Trump's widely criticized response to violence at the white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.

The interview may not have helped his case with the president.

The president's chaotic Trump Tower press conference in which Trump appeared to equate torch-bearing white nationalists with the protesters who demonstrated against them also fueled the possibility of Cohn, who is Jewish, resigning. "Not all" the people participating in the rally were bad, the president told reporters three days after a counterprotester was killed in a car ramming, allegedly by a suspected white supremacist.

"Citizens standing up for equality and freedom can never be equated with white supremacists, neo-Nazis, and the K.K.K.," Cohn told the FT. "I believe this administration can and must do better in consistently and unequivocally condemning these groups and do everything we can to heal the deep divisions that exist in our communities."

Cohn was Goldman's no. 2 executive when Trump named him as his top economic advisor. Trump offered the former Goldman Sachs president the key economic post on Dec. 9, despite bashing the firm during the 2016 campaign. Cohn also had been seen as a possible chairman of the Federal Reserve.

SOURCE: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/06/gary...ork-times.html

Good riddance! Don't let the door hit your New York globalist, Wall Street Whore, Goldman Sachs ass on the way out, buddy. Cohn was one of the swamp dwellers Trump unwisely appointed to his administration. The US government is still essentially a franchise of Goldman Sachs of Wall Street. We have had Senior level Goldman Sachs employees in the Fed, as Treasury Secretary for the last decade or more, going all the way back to Rubin during Reagan's term.

Bye, bye Gary Cohn!
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available for sale at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

Quote Originally Posted by Doomer Doug View Post
    Good riddance! Don't let the door hit your New York globalist, Wall Street Whore, Goldman Sachs ass on the way out, buddy. Cohn was one of the swamp dwellers Trump unwisely appointed to his administration. The US government is still essentially a franchise of Goldman Sachs of Wall Street. We have had Senior level Goldman Sachs employees in the Fed, as Treasury Secretary for the last decade or more, going all the way back to Rubin during Reagan's term.

Bye, bye Gary Cohn!
    Will be VERY interesting to see who Trump chooses to replace him.

WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!

I am also starting to get the impression that Jared Kushner's days are numbered in the Trump administration. I have real problems with the roles now being played by the Kushner twins, Jared and Ivanka. I get Trump is family oriented, and places great trust in family members. On the other hand, I am getting a real Czar Nicholas and Rasputin vibe from Jared in particular. The pics of him going to Iraq and essentially playing trainee Secretary of State were really disturbing. Further, not only did Jared Kushner's father go to jail for corruption, Kushner has gotten funding from George Soros for a real estate project, as well as engaging in questionable tactics related to Chinese investors being promised immigration help for money investments.
    I don't like him. I don't trust him. I think he has opened Trump up to possible problems due to his pushing the envelope real estate and financial deals.

Ivanka is really a New York City liberal and has on multiple times taken positions that are opposite to the populist agenda.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available for sale at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

This explains why the US futures market just fell off a cliff!

And the MSM will be crowing about MOAR WHITE HOUSE TURMOIL!!!!
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by OldCraftsman View Post
    Will be VERY interesting to see who Trump chooses to replace him.
    Thats a fact

If you work for the President, you need to be with the program. Too many people in his cabinet that actually are working against his wishes. Fire them all, starting with AG Sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomer Doug View Post
    I am also starting to get the impression that Jared Kushner's days are numbered in the Trump administration. I have real problems with the roles now being played by the Kushner twins, Jared and Ivanka. I get Trump is family oriented, and places great trust in family members. On the other hand, I am getting a real Czar Nicholas and Rasputin vibe from Jared in particular. The pics of him going to Iraq and essentially playing trainee Secretary of State were really disturbing. Further, not only did Jared Kushner's father go to jail for corruption, Kushner has gotten funding from George Soros for a real estate project, as well as engaging in questionable tactics related to Chinese investors being promised immigration help for money investments.
    I don't like him. I don't trust him. I think he has opened Trump up to possible problems due to his pushing the envelope real estate and financial deals.

Ivanka is really a New York City liberal and has on multiple times taken positions that are opposite to the populist agenda.
    You have articulated exactly what I've been feeling since Day One. I wouldn't trust Kushner as far as I could throw him.
    For those who believe in the Resurrection, death is inconsequential
    http://needgoodnews.com

The former Goldman Sachs president
    He believes in free trade, sure he does...

Goldman Sachs Can't Say It Didn't Get Bailed Out Anymore -- It Kept Billions From AIG

Even though Goldman Sachs execs testified on the Hill that AIG bailout funds it received did not stay with the bank, but were dispersed as compensation to clients and institutions on the other side of a prop trade gone wrong, it actually kept $2.9 billion for itself, according to a report by the FCIC.

Remember, Goldman faced a hearing in July of 2010 about the bank's exposure to AIG.

That's when CFO David Viniar and MD David Lehman testified they knew nothing about AIG funds landing in the bank's private reserves.

Then two weeks later, according to the report, Goldman sent an the e-mail acknowledging that $2.9 billion in AIG funds did in fact end up in its own account.

The bipartisan report, which the Huffington Post obtained and read before its official release today, looks into what caused the financial collapse.

According to the FCIC:

The total was for proprietary trade. Unlike the $14 billion received from AIG on trades in which Goldman owed the money to its own counterparties, this $2.9 billion was retained by Goldman.

Most of the $2.9 billion came soon after AIG got its $182 billion taxpayer bailout.

A great way of explaining why taxpayers have a right to be furious about this new revelation is, "if these allegations are correct, it appears to have been a direct transfer of wealth from the Treasury to Goldman's shareholders," which an analyst told the HuffPo.

Taxpayers were told the AIG bailout was absolutely necessary to save the economy, not to save an investment bank that would emerge from the crisis pretty much unscathed.

When news broke back in '09 that Goldman had received about $14 billion from the AIG bailout, the bank categorically denied accusations that any money had gone into its own private account.

Their line was that they were not a bailout recipient, and they stuck to it.

But the email that the FCIC report describes, which the bank itself authored, shows that was a lie.

http://www.businessinsider.com/goldm...hs-aig-bailout

Agreeing with DD/Evenso with regard to Cohn and esp. the Kushner twins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPpVj0j5uMw
    5:24

Fox News
    Published on Mar 7, 2018
    Former Reagan economic adviser Art Laffer says advisers do not need to agree with the president, discusses the impact of Gary Cohn's resignation.

A straw from a different wind.
    SS

' Intel Crab Retweeted
    Charles V Payne
    ‏Verified account @cvpayne
    5h5 hours ago

I just spoke with Peter Navarro and looks like Canada and Mexico will have 30-days to get their act together...he is the MAN!'
    https://twitter.com/intelcrab?lang=en

A chapter in the Book of Trump Negotiations..Setting Artificial Deadlines.
    We may get some real NAFTA change in a few weeks.
    Smile and squeeze.
    You want some 'flexibility' for our 'friends' and ''allies''??
    OK, you've got 30 days. Tomorrow, it will be 29 days.
    SS
    “Then the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.”
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland

This is Trumps goodby to Mr. Cohn.
    To me, it gives a lot of insight into President Trumps philosophy and character.
    'I think he may be back sometime in the next 7 years.”'

SS

'Trump Says Touching Goodbye To Gary Cohn In Cabinet Meeting…

Posted by Kane on March 8, 2018 1:28 pm

President Trump jokes during chief economic adviser Gary Cohn's last Cabinet meeting: "I have a feeling you will be back. I don't know if I can put him in the same position, though. He is not quite as strong on those tariffs as we want him to be." https://t.co/c3XN5mQH5k pic.twitter.com/mF5PNmrKe7

— CBS News (@CBSNews) March 8, 2018

President Trump roasted Gary Cohn a few minutes ago as he says his public goodbyes.

“He’s been terrific. He may be a globalist, but I still like him. He is seriously a globalist, there’s no question. But you know what, in his own way he’s a nationalist because he loves our country. And I think he may be back sometime in the next 7 years.”'
    https://www.citizenfreepress.com/bre...binet-meeting/
    “Then the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.”
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland

Listening to the interview with Catherine Austin Fitts at http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...ts-Greg-Hunter might be illuminating in this regard ...
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html