Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GUNS/RLTD Democrat Rep. Introduces 20 Percent Gun Tax, 50 Percent Ammo Tax
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Democrat Rep. Introduces 20 Percent Gun Tax, 50 Percent Ammo Tax

Rep. Danny K. Davis (D-IL) is pushing legislation to place a 20 percent tax on guns and a 50 percent tax on ammunition.

The legislation is titled the “Gun Violence Prevention and Safe Communities Act of 2018.”

The act amends the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, so as to require a 20 percent tax on “pistols,” “revolvers,” “firearms (other than pistols and revolvers),” and “any lower frame or receiver for a firearm, whether for a semiautomatic pistol, rifle, or shotgun that is designed to accommodate interchangeable upper receivers.”

The act places a 50 percent tax on ammunition “shells and cartridges.”

These taxes will only apply to law-abiding citizens, just as similar taxes in Chicago and Seattle only raise the purchase price of firearms and ammunition for law-abiding citizens. Both Chicago and Seattle have a “violence tax” on the retail sale of guns and ammo, but criminals do not participate in the tax because they do not buy their guns at retail.

This ultimately means that such taxes drive up the prices for the tools that law-abiding citizens need for self-defense, even to the point of making firearms cost-prohibitive for poorer residents.

Rep. Davis’s act makes clear that no “department, agency, or instrumentality of the United States shall be subject to any tax imposed on the sale or transfer” of firearms and ammunition. In other words, law-abiding citizens will be taxed on the tools they need for self-defense but the taxpayer-funded security personnel guarding the political class will not have to pay the new taxes.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...secutive-week/

Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Indiana, Missouri, Wisconsin, Iowa and Kentucky gun dealers are already in favor of this legislation.

he's the grand-daddy of Obammy's Black Congressional Caucus - this is old news - been tried over & over again ....

just more back door gun control - this one just "poors" the gunowners into submission ....
    Illini Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    Indiana, Missouri, Wisconsin, Iowa and Kentucky gun dealers are already in favor of this legislation.

??? - why would they be backing an attempt to break the gun selling industry?
    Illini Warrior

IllANNOY of course.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Should be obvious they want to outright keep you from owning.

Knew it had to be a n*gger.

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    ??? - why would they be backing an attempt to break the gun selling industry?
    Because this law was only for Illinois, from what I could tell. Neighboring states would likely welcome the opportunity to sell what is effectively discounted ammo, if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    New it had to be a n*gger.
    The problem with them and most of the Jews, is they don't realize what got their people in gas chambers and under slavery. The inability to resist.
    Alabama - Independent Now and Forever - Noli Me Tangere

The Confederacy - Fighting Terrorism Since 1861

What?? Link?
    Bitter Clinger, Deplorable, & Proud of it.

Would you care to name a couple of KY dealers?

Quote Originally Posted by AuEagle View Post
    What?? Link?
    Quote Originally Posted by seagull View Post
    Okay, look, unless I misunderstood something, this is just for Illinois, which would make dealers in other states that DON'T have this extra tax very happy to see it.

Okay, look, unless I misunderstood something, this is just for Illinois, which would make dealers in other states that DON'T have this extra tax very happy to see it.
    Now I get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    New it had to be a n*gger.
    "Knew" Sorry Dennis
    Rusty in NC
    Don't tread on me!
    sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
    Wickr tiger133

So you're saying that illinoysians will go to Indiana to get their guns/ammo along with their cigarettes...

Any gun dealer who would be happy to see this shouldn't be a gun dealer.
    Bitter Clinger, Deplorable, & Proud of it.

That idiot needs to be arrested and tried for sedition, and some form of punishment levied for breaking the oath he made to support the Constitution, maybe a month of 8 hour days at a 2nd Amendment class.

"All right. They're on our left; they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us. . .they can't get away this time."

Quote Originally Posted by tiger13 View Post
    "Knew" Sorry Dennis
    Ye gads how I hate autocorrect.

"Knew" Sorry Dennis
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared
    "You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

This is how "they" deal with back door gun control. I don't think an absolute ban on weapons will fly in the political sense. However, since the SCOTUS Heller decision it is perfectly legal to ban, restrict, or regulate all "exotic firearms," which includes assault rifles. We can expect a tidal wave of "gun restrictions," related to age, over 21, mental health issues, domestic abuse, and stalking issues. We can also expect fees, regulations and gun and ammo taxes to become more widespread, especially in blue states. In fact, we now have a two tier 2nd Amendment. If you live in a red state, you still have 2nd Amendment rights, but if you live in a blue state, you are seeing restrictions.

The USA now has 330 million people living here. Of those, nearly 20 percent are living in fascist, anti-2nd Amendment states like New York, California, Illinois, and multiple East Coast blue states, like Maryland, Delaware, Rhode Island, Mass and Conn. In fact, it is already illegal to own an assault rifle in those states. So, when people talk about a national "assault gun ban," they should realize that they are already banned for close to 20 percent of our total population.

"They" are like a boa constrictor snake. Decade by decade, and year by year, "they" just squeeze a little harder on gun control agenda, restrictions etc. If you look at the USA in terms of gun control, in say 1968, you can plot out the agenda.

I think five years from now it will be the case nobody can buy a gun till they are 21. It will be the case they pay massive taxes on guns, on ammo, and on accessories. This is how "they" do it, bit by bit, until they have effectively made the 2nd Amendment meaningless, even if they haven't actually repealed it.

The power to tax is the power to destroy as the man said. Heller guaranteed the right to own guns in DC. Since that decision the powers that be in DC, have hounded all gun shops from DC. They have increased taxes and fees on guns and ammo. They have bullied and harassed and screwed with gun owners. They will just keep the bullying up. We are now seeing a staggering cultural campaign to demonize gun owners. I also expect that to increase in venom.

If you are keeping your eye on gun bans, you will miss the gun restrictions, the ammo taxes, and the cultural venom.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available for sale at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    he's the grand-daddy of Obammy's Black Congressional Caucus - this is old news - been tried over & over again ....

just more back door gun control - this one just "poors" the gunowners into submission ....
    Good luck with that. How much of a crystal ball does it take to foresee one of those unforeseeable consequences? New black market? In 1...2...3...
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

So they'll make it even harder for the less economically endowed to defend themselves, huh? I'll bet that endears this guy to them, no end.

Useless nigger, I know, redundant, meet useful rope.
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    Molon Labe
    We Must Secure the Existance of Our People and a Future for White Children
    Make America Confederate Again

Because this law was only for Illinois, from what I could tell. Neighboring states would likely welcome the opportunity to sell what is effectively discounted ammo, if nothing else.

they don't worry about idiotic Chicago black BS - IL gun dealers don't even pay any heed to that crap anymore .... this has been trotted out at least 25-30 times or more going back decades upon decades - Chicago Mayor Daley used to go down to Springfield with a suitcase of cash to buy gun control votes and couldn't get anything accomplished ....

they tried this same tax by saying the $$$$ would go to hospital trauma centers that treated gunshots - ??? - in so many words Chicago would get the bulk of the $$$$ ....

Gov Rauner isn't signing any of this gun crap going on ....
    Illini Warrior

He is a US Congressman, they don't introduce laws for IL only.

ETA: US House of Representatives since 1997

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_K._Davis
    Nana to two "little bits", one not-so-little "little bit" and one 6' college bound "little bit"

Trump needs to get his DOJ to clamp down on these states that are doing this crap, as infringing on the second amendment. Same with stores that have raised the age limit, file federal lawsuits for age discrimination. Make it cost these anti gun bastards
    Rusty in NC
    Don't tread on me!
    sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
    Wickr tiger133

Quote Originally Posted by seagull View Post
    CVS and Walgreens?
    Your levity is good, it relieves tension and the fear of death.

The Frigid Times - http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/
    Civil Defense Reborn - http://cdreborn.blogspot.com/
    Believe what you will, but the Russian nuclear threat is far from dead. It ain't even sick. - Brutus

War on guns

Trump needs to get his DOJ to clamp down on these states that are doing this crap, as infringing on the second amendment. Same with stores that have raised the age limit, file federal lawsuits for age discrimination. Make it cost these anti gun bastards
    It wasn't the state of IL, it was a US Representative from IL and introduced to US Congress....for everyone.

No guarantee it will go anywhere of course, but no guarantee it won't.
    Nana to two "little bits", one not-so-little "little bit" and one 6' college bound "little bit"

Ya know prohibition made a lot of mafia millionaires

I'm thinking guns are gonna make a lot of gun runner millionaires.

When the cost to have it and pay taxes or it is against the law hits the tipping point then the black market is where the money gets made and the gobt doesn't even gets its extortion cut um er taxes.

A plague on all who would harm free men living and doing what they please so long as they harm none.

/spit
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

Dude get a grip no body cares what the fed say any more f,,k the fed and the dam horse they rode in on.
    JUST A FEW OF MY SIMPLE THOUGHTS
    LAY LOW WAIT LIKE A WOLF IN THE WILD UNTIL THE TIME IS RIGHT
    Never Pick A Fight With An Old Man He Will Just Shoot You He Can't Afford To Get Hurt

Mew York City has proved that in spades. One of the biggest criminal issues in New York City is not actually the "drug problem," although that is huge. The smuggling of tobacco products is a major criminal enterprise in New York City due to the staggering taxes imposed. They have an entire criminal industry based on buying low cost cigarettes in North Carolina, trucking them to NYC, and then selling them black market. The liberals just never learn that when you either ban something, or make it incredibly costly, people will find a way around that. It is a no brainer than when you can buy one pack of cigs for one dollar in NC, and then you can sell them for one half the cost of a "legal pack, in NYC, you will get that result. The last I checked the legal cost for a pack of cigs in NYC was around $14. So, you buy one for $1, and then you sell it for $7. New York City has huge sweeps trying to recover the huge amount of tax money they lose. The fact the best way to do that would be to reduce the taxes never enters their liberal minds.

https://www.expatistan.com/price/cig.../new-york-city
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available for sale at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

The fed is a dead dog waiting to be buried in a deep whole, like they should.
    Never Pick A Fight With An Old Man He Will Just Shoot You He Can't Afford To Get Hurt

When the fed comes to my house I will live till I die plain and simple , can any of you say that, most won't because they are to chicken shit to stand up to the fed.

But what the hell do I know.

I don't know. It will be more likely that the best of fully automatic weapons from around the world will be commonly available here in the US.

May be the ordinary guy could have a Ma Deuce (Browning 50 cal) for home defense.

We had the best booze during prohibition, the best of drugs now during the War on Drugs, maybe we should cheer on this war on guns.

Russell

Quote Originally Posted by dogmanan View Post
    When the fed comes to my house I will live till I die plain and simple , can any of you say that, most won't because they are to chicken shit to stand up to the fed.

But what the hell do I know.
    Why die as the hunted when you can die hunting the hunters? I have literally been on the outside of a residence during a SWAT stand off as an LEO, and on the inside of one with a suicidal friend. I can say 100% for sure it is not the way to try and fight.

Look at the effect that the single cop hunter had on LA a few years ago. I am still a big supporter of law enforcement but any who would go along with gun confiscations are not police officers, they are armed robbers. They only cop I knew in 20 years that would have taken peoples guns (Yes, I asked them all while I was still a cop) got fired a few months ago. That may be different in yankee states where the cops are used to being the only ones with many guns, but in the south it is not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinwater View Post
    Why die as the hunted when you can die hunting the hunters? I have literally been on the outside of a residence during a SWAT stand off as an LEO, and on the inside of one with a suicidal friend. I can say 100% for sure it is not the way to try and fight.

Look at the effect that the single cop hunter had on LA a few years ago. I am still a big supporter of law enforcement but any who would go along with gun confiscations are not police officers, they are armed robbers. They only cop I knew in 20 years that would have taken peoples guns (Yes, I asked them all while I was still a cop) got fired a few months ago. That may be different in yankee states where the cops are used to being the only ones with many guns, but in the south it is not going to happen.

Yep me a yankee and I will fight till I die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilbitsnana View Post
    It wasn't the state of IL, it was a US Representative from IL and introduced to US Congress....for everyone.

No guarantee it will go anywhere of course, but no guarantee it won't.
    I seriously doubt it has even a slight chance of passing or maybe even voted on; too many Rs want to get re-elected.
    https://soundcloud.com/user-309670005
    Audio Bhagavad Gita downloadable

This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed.

"Knew" Sorry Dennis
    Oooh, I missed that. Good catch.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

It really isn't the president's job to clamp down on states for their legislatures. If their citizens allow it, they probably deserve it. OTOH, I think if IL calls itself a sanctuary state, it's gonna lose fed dollars.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

New York, California, Illinois, and multiple East Coast blue states, like Maryland, Delaware, Rhode Island, Mass and Conn. In fact, it is already illegal to own an assault rifle in those states.
    I read some time ago that there are thousands of licensees to own full-auto weapons in IL. AFA AR15s go, they are very popular here. People around Chgo may think that way, and some want it to be that way, but for now there are lots of those scary rifles in private hands.
    -Ronald Reagan