Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

FASCISM College librarians argue Christians who say 'God bless you' are Islamophobic
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

College librarians argue Christians who say 'God bless you' are Islamophobic

College librarians argue Christians who say 'God bless you' are Islamophobic

Caleb Parke is an associate editor for FoxNews.com. You can follow him on Twitter @calebparke
    7-8 minutes

If you’ve ever wished someone a “Merry Christmas” or said “God bless you” when someone sneezes, you’ve committed an act of “Islamomisic microaggressions,” according to college librarians at a Massachusetts college.

The Anti-Oppression Library Guide at Simmons College in Boston is a collaborative effort among the school’s librarians, reported CampusReform.org.

“Islamomisic Microaggressions are commonplace verbal or behavioral indignities, whether intentional or unintentional, which communicates hostile, derogatory, or negative slights in relation to the beliefs and religious practices of Muslims,” the librarians argue. “They are structurally based and invoke oppressive systems of religious/Christian hierarchy.”

A spokesperson told Fox News the guide is not a policy of Simmons College.

“The information in this guide is an introductory resource intended to provide general information about anti-oppression, diversity, and inclusion,” the statement read. “It is by no means a complete guide to social justice issues, religions, conversations or points of view.”

As disclaimer, the guide adds, “We are not immune from the limits and hidden biases of our own privileges and perspectives as allies. We welcome and greatly appreciate any feedback and suggestions for the guide, particularly from the perspectives and experiences of the marginalized groups listed and not listed here.”

The librarians argue Christians are especially guilty of Islamomisic microaggressions for using phrases like “Merry Christmas,” “Happy Easter,” and “God bless you.”

Some other microaggressions aimed at Muslims include “endorsing religious stereotypes,” such as viewing hijabs as fashionable, suggesting Muslims practice the “wrong” religion, and having “the assumption of one’s own religious identity as the norm.”

The controversial resource argues “people who follow Christianity have institutionalized power,” or “Christian privilege,” which is demonstrated when they “expect to have time off work to celebrate religious holidays” or worship without fear of violence or threats.

The guide also argues that Christians suffer from “Christian fragility” and may become angry, hostile, or defensive during conversations about religion because Christians lack the skills for constructive engagement with other religions.

“Within this dominant social environment, Christians come to expect social comfort and a sense of belonging and superiority,” the librarians write. “They may become defensive, positioning themselves as victims of anti-Islamomisic work and co-opting the rhetoric of violence to describe their experiences of being challenged on religious privilege.”

The page features a TED talk by Melissa Boigon, where she said Islamophobia has turned into a fear of Arabs and not Islam itself. Boigon stated there is nothing “violent or anti-American” about sharia law.

“Islam is a religion of peace,” Boigon said. “Muslims did not kill Americans on 9/11. A very small extremist group that can barely gain any footing, even in the most conservative Muslim circles committed heinous crimes on 9/11. Islam is a religion of peace.”

The guide also links to the Council on American-Islamic Relations, which lists Fox News Channel as an “Islamophobic Organization.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/05...amophobic.html

the librarians need to complete their sex change operations. They have a piss-poor attitude with the increased dosage of hormones.

"progressives" - progressively destroying America for decades.

The librarians are correct.

I hate their effin guts.

Next?

If you’ve ever wished someone a “Merry Christmas” or said “God bless you” when someone sneezes, you’ve committed an act of “Islamomisic microaggressions,” according to college librarians at a Massachusetts college.

What about if I smack a muzloid upside the head with a pound of raw bacon...?

Wow, if using a blessing from a different branch of the same religious tree is an aggression, think how beat up the Druids must feel.

Quote Originally Posted by vestige View Post
    The librarians are correct.

I hate their effin guts.

Next?
    ^^^Home Run^^^

Every goatf****r I am forced interact with, gets the "I have no problems with taking you out when the time comes" look. I don't think they mistake my being polite with my true feelings either.
    Last edited by Millwright; 03-06-2018 at 10:47 AM.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

I hope the librarians involved get first hand experience in Islamic love for non believers.

The guide also argues that Christians suffer from “Christian fragility” and may become angry, hostile, or defensive during conversations about religion because Christians lack the skills for constructive engagement with other religions.

largest dump of bull muffins ive seen outside a pasture. this was written by a CAIR goon. too much allah koolaid going around.
    ++++++++++++++++++++
    There is Only Jesus--no other worthy of honors or prayers or devotion. There is No Other.

Cannabis Medicine Recipes For Cancer And More http://cannacancerblog.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post

What about if I smack a muzloid upside the head with a pound of raw bacon...?
    I believe that would be a macro aggression!

Summerthyme

I'm an Atheist.........

......and when a Christian says "Merry Christmas" to me or "God Bless You" to me...........I smile and say either Merry Christmas back to them ............or in the case of the latter, I just say thank you in reply to their God bless............

.........now if a Muslim would say "Peace be upon your head......and upon Mohammad his servant".......I would smile back and then walk away and think what an idiot......

Why?

Well....Christianity fits quite well into the culture and society of which this country grew in its traditional identity.....

Islam?..............forget it.

Because that religion comes with their moderate believers smiling faces and then..............when they become the majority its to hell with all infidels..........and by then its too late to do anything about their back door scheme to change our culture......

Who cares go back to the sand and blow each other up

The problem with Yankees goes all the way back to the Mayflower

Half the Pilgrims were Puritans, the other half were witches

We still have Libraries? and Librarians?

Pretty sure if the grocery store check out can be automated so can Libraries.

Hey maybe we can move the Libraries ahead of the march to automation!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bw View Post
    Wow, if using a blessing from a different branch of the same religious tree is an aggression, think how beat up the Druids must feel.
    This^^^
    Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all Abrahamic religions based off the same God.
    Christianity was an offshoot of Judaism, and Islam was an offshoot of both.
    Also Allah is just the arabic word for God.
    Say God bless you, Merry Christmas, Inshalla. Happy Eid Mubarak, Shalom, Good Shabbat, Shabbat shalom, Blessed Yule, etc. etc etc., whatever the hell you want.
    If you say it or return it with good intentions, then it's cool and good no matter who you are.
    Snowflakey librarians be damned.
    Don't need no stinking word or thought police. Police what people say and you ARE the thought police.
    "When you're dead, you don't even know you're dead.
    It's difficult only for others.
    It's the same when you're stupid."

Microaggressions... Whomever came up with that concept needs a good beatdown to demonstrate what aggression is. Then they need their latte loving, safe space hiding, dumbass air dropped into Afghanistan wearing a goat disguise.
    Facts?? We don't need no stinkin facts...

wearing a goat disguise.
    and dressed as a Rabbi.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Susan View Post
    The problem with Yankees goes all the way back to the Mayflower

Half the Pilgrims were Puritans, the other half were witches
    And the good half got burned at the stake.
    "Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we will all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."
    Dumbledore to Harry Potter, Goblet of Fire.

Luke 21:36

A people who no longer recognize sin and evil, are not a people who will recognize tyranny and despotism either. Invar

“During the course of your life you will find that things are not always fair. You will find that things happen to you that you do not deserve and that are not always warranted. But you have to put your head down and fight, fight, fight. Never, ever, ever give up!”

- President Donald J. Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    Pretty sure if the grocery store check out can be automated so can Libraries.

Hey maybe we can move the Libraries ahead of the march to automation!!!!
    In colleges, yes, because the "awardwinningbecause I showed up" snowflakes come in as Freshmen not knowing how to use a library. They don't know how to find a book, or how to research. They have to take a class that teaches them how to use a library. No lie.
    Public libraries are becoming automated.
    "Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we will all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."
    Dumbledore to Harry Potter, Goblet of Fire.

Luke 21:36

A people who no longer recognize sin and evil, are not a people who will recognize tyranny and despotism either. Invar

“During the course of your life you will find that things are not always fair. You will find that things happen to you that you do not deserve and that are not always warranted. But you have to put your head down and fight, fight, fight. Never, ever, ever give up!”

- President Donald J. Trump

Heck, as it has been pointed out in the past, if it wasn't for Christians being tolerantly "Christian", a whole lot of people and groups would have something to really worry about, particularly if they behaved like the Salafists towards other beliefs...

So how much further does the pendulum have to swing before gravity overcomes momentum?...

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    In colleges, yes, because the "awardwinningbecause I showed up" snowflakes come in as Freshmen not knowing how to use a library. They don't know how to find a book, or how to research. They have to take a class that teaches them how to use a library. No lie.
    Public libraries are becoming automated.
    They think the Dewey Decimal System is another new math.

(showing your age v)

The key word there is COLLEGE.

Damn places need to be bulldozed and their faculties and administrators left buried in the rubble.

Most librarians have always been liberal to some degree but over the decades it has become absolutely poisonous.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Whatever. I'm not too worried about young boy humping goat blowers.
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    We Must Secure the Existance of Our People and a Future for White Children
    Make America Confederate Again
    2020 Is Going To Be A ClusterF*ck

Sometimes I like a little microaggression.
    Would outright shunning be more acceptable?
    What comes next...I won't discuss on a public forum

What pisses me off about the charge of "islamophobia:" Phobia implies a fear. To call me islamophobic is inaccurate. Disdain (spell?), disgust...hatred, would be a better description.

Piss on all their graves.

Perhaps the librarians would prefer "Burn in hell." Just to be sure there were no microaggressions.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

Religion of peace?

Cult of conquest

Borg on earth, they even worship a f’in cube
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayku View Post
    Microaggressions... Whomever came up with that concept needs a good beatdown to demonstrate what aggression is. Then they need their latte loving, safe space hiding, dumbass air dropped into Afghanistan wearing a goat disguise.

I'll drink to that!!

Microaggression....what a bunch of poppycock B.S. Their idiotic whining and sniveling about microaggressions are giving me MACROAGGRESSIONS!
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

“Some other microaggressions aimed at Muslims include “endorsing religious stereotypes,” such as viewing hijabs as fashionable, suggesting Muslims practice the “wrong” religion, and having “the assumption of one’s own religious identity as the norm.”

The controversial resource argues “people who follow Christianity have institutionalized power,” or “Christian privilege,” which is demonstrated when they “expect to have time off work to celebrate religious holidays” or worship without fear of violence or threats.”

Things to add to my to-do list.

“.........now if a Muslim would say "Peace be upon your head......and upon Mohammad his servant".......I would smile back and then walk away and think what an idiot......”

He is actually thinking, “Mohammad, the boy loving, goat ****ing thief, tells me to cut off your head”

now let's not trash the religious college librarians, lol

Brigham Young and Bob Jones might take exception

tho they are the remnant now they do still exist and usually smaller campuses

God bless you is now a microaggression? Next time someone sneezes round you, be sure to offer a blessing for their good health

in a library or not!

Saying "God bless you" when someone sneezes is medieval superstition in action, but the statement is so ingrained into our collective psyches that it's absolutely Pavlovian to most people. I make a concerted effort to NOT say it, and if someone says it to me, my response is, "Begone demons!" followed by a humorous explanation of why I said that.

IMO that librarian was "educated" beyond their ability to discern propaganda from on-the-ground reality........yesh.............let the pea-brain meet a real muzzie with bloodlust and they'll cry "where's my safe place?" and it'll be too late
    Sapphire

myopically challenged

Quote Originally Posted by bw View Post
    Would be an accurate statement except for the bolded... Not even close...
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared
    "You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

Obviously, "The Guide" is SJW BS... Has the author of "the guide" ever tried to have "constructive engagement" about another religion with a Wahhabi or Salafist?
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

Quote Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
    This^^^
    Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all Abrahamic religions based off the same God.
    Christianity was an offshoot of Judaism, and Islam was an offshoot of both.
    Also Allah is just the arabic word for God.
    Say God bless you, Merry Christmas, Inshalla. Happy Eid Mubarak, Shalom, Good Shabbat, Shabbat shalom, Blessed Yule, etc. etc etc., whatever the hell you want.
    If you say it or return it with good intentions, then it's cool and good no matter who you are.
    Snowflakey librarians be damned.
    Don't need no stinking word or thought police. Police what people say and you ARE the thought police.
    Come on, Terry...

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreLibs View Post
    Whatever. I'm not too worried about young boy humping goat blowers.
    You should be...

Quote Originally Posted by Faroe View Post
    What pisses me off about the charge of "islamophobia:" Phobia implies a fear.
    No... "Phobia" implies an IRRATIONAL fear...

Does an IRRATIONAL fear of Islam really fit the definition?

IMO that librarian was "educated" beyond their ability to discern propaganda from on-the-ground reality

It has nothing to do with education - but everything to do with indoctrination. I worked a full career as a librarian (starting in 1975), in university/academic, state/government, federal/government and military libraries (including the school library of the US Army school which teaches psychological operations). The indoctrination starts in elementary school with SJW teachers and goes on for 12 years there, by the time the little darlings get into college they are already protomarxists.

Don't forget - liberalism is a mental disorder.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

more anti librarian prog leftest

God Bless their lil hearts; ain't they precious.
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

I know that I shouldn't be shocked by anything like this anymore, but I guess I can't help still being floored by the levels of utter stupidity that this world is sinking to. I'm not sure how many times I screamed "WHAT?!" at my screen while reading this.

So, basically, the conclusion here is: If you're an individual, with any kind of defining thoughts or characteristics--other than blue hair or weird body mutilations--you're gonna screw somebody's feelings just by being alive. Got it. Well, I'm off to go make some collegians cry now.

Various groups of people have been saying "Merry Christmas" and "God bless you" long before any of them became infected with Muslims.

What about "Allahu Akbar"? - that's about as anti-everybody who's not Muslim people can get.

And the only time we hear it is when they are blowing us up!
    Last edited by Chance; 03-06-2018 at 07:48 PM.
    "Apres la Guerre."