Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CHAT Where To Sell Gold and Silver Coins?
+ Reply to Thread

5 Where To Sell Gold and Silver Coins?

We are considering selling off some of our gold and silver and looking at all options.

For companies that aren't local, what are some that you can recommend to us?
    Any experience you've had with any on the net, please share those too. Good or bad.

TIA
    “What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” — Author Tom Clancy

See the Ad here on TB for Just Measures Coin Shop. http://justmeasurescs.com/ Bobby was great to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Giblin View Post
    See the Ad here on TB for Just Measures Coin Shop. http://justmeasurescs.com/ Bobby was great to work with.
    I second bobby

he worked for me with me being in canada

Miles Franklin & Apmex are both reputable company's and Apmex tells you right out what they will pay you in advance.

https://www.apmex.com/sell-gold-sell-silver-to-apmex
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

IMO, It's always best to use a local shop. Even if you have to drive a little ways to get there. Get to know the local guy/girl.

o)<

mike
    black is white...

Bobby at Just Measures is good, as is Colorado Gold (operated by the Stott family). Note: Reputable dealers will pay you close to spot price. If anyone is offering you, say, less than 5% below spot, move on. Some of the seedier, ripoff pawn shops and dealers will try to offer 50% or 60% of spot.

Best regards
    Doc

Why not post them on the swap & sales forum here.
    Bitter Clinger, Deplorable, & Proud of it.

Good advice and info here, as usual.
    I didn't know Bobby was back to normal with his business. We bought most of our coins from him to begin with. He is the very best to deal with for sure.
    Thank you to everyone with the information. I appreciate it.
    “What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” — Author Tom Clancy

Quote Originally Posted by AuEagle View Post
    Why not post them on the swap & sales forum here.
    I just may do this! I don't know why I didn't think of it.

Sunny, I have been trying to re-balance my PM holdings, as I have too much gold and not enough silver. I advertised some gold coins on the "Swaps and Sales" section here and have had a couple of very pleasant interactions with board members and the transactions went smoothly. I'd take AuEagle's advice and try our little forum.

Best regards
    Doc

is justmeasures fully up and running? The 'lost my business" "gofundme" stuff is confusing

Quote Originally Posted by alchemike View Post
    IMO, It's always best to use a local shop. Even if you have to drive a little ways to get there. Get to know the local guy/girl.

o)<

mike
    Call all your local shops, coin & pawn. Tell them what you have, get a price. Then go to the one with the best price. Lay your coin (s) down, pick up your money / check, and walk out. I preferred a check. No one saw me walk out with a wad of cash. Safer. I went & deposited into our checking acct, did not stir up suspicions depositing cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Giblin View Post
    I tried to email Bobby myself, and it came back undeliverable.
    Patriot Guard rider
    www.patriotguard.org

Cultivating a local contact is your best bet IMO.

Ditto putting a post up in the swaps at TB2K.

That said, I fully trust Franklin Sanders at https://the-moneychanger.com/ FWIW. DW and I have done business with them for well over a decade.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
    I tried to email Bobby myself, and it came back undeliverable.
    I am dealing with Bobby right now. I have been emailing back and forth for a few days. No issues for me. Maybe typed the email address wrong?

bobby@justmeasurescs.com
    Last edited by Warm Wisconsin; 03-06-2018 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warm Wisconsin View Post
    I am dealing with Bobby right now. I have been emailing back and forth for a few days. No issues for me. Maybe typed the email address wrong?

bobby@justmeasurescs.com
    Thanks, I will try it again.
    Patriot Guard rider
    www.patriotguard.org

Quote Originally Posted by Warm Wisconsin View Post

bobby@justmeasurescs.com

Thanks again, I reached him!
    Patriot Guard rider
    www.patriotguard.org

Why would you sell them now, don't understand it.

Now is when you need to keep them for the future, I would think.
    JUST A FEW OF MY SIMPLE THOUGHTS
    LAY LOW WAIT LIKE A WOLF IN THE WILD UNTIL THE TIME IS RIGHT
    Never Pick A Fight With An Old Man He Will Just Shoot You He Can't Afford To Get Hurt

Understand if you get a check and the amount is over $5k the following alphabet agencies will be up your a$$ looking for their cut. The bank where you cash it contacts all the following agencies. Think IRS (taxes) ATF (gun or dope transaction) Homeland security, FBI. When I was operating at the Flea Markets I always offered up to 4k in a cashiers check then the rest in cash OR two checks to be deposited 7-10 days apart. One guy blew me off about it, the check was for about 9k. The IRS got him for taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmanan View Post
    Why would you sell them now, don't understand it.

Now is when you need to keep them for the future, I would think.
    To buy long term storage food, steel and lead. Those things have value. Sell it now before everybody else wakes up and figures out that when TSHTF time comes, gold won't be worth anything. It isn'n nourishing, won't shelter, and can't defend with it. It's just not practical. Silver's a slightly different story because it's not such a concentrated source of "wealth."

A better plan than gold is the Alpha Strategy, IMHO. In other words, have useful "stuff" including a piece of land back in the bush.
    If you aren’t making the time to get fit, get to the range and get your head wrapped around taking care of yourself in the future-is-now American Serbia, you are not paying attention.

If you have not been to the range in a month, you are underperforming.
    -BB

Put a few acres of land, or a year's supply of stored food in your pocket and walk off with it. Gold concentrates a lot of value in a small, portable package. That is its advantage.

Having one DOES NOT mean you can't have the other...
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Yes, stack enough gold that one can at least swim across a medium size river with it.

If you can't swim, stack away...
    Last edited by West; 03-07-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Although it is NO ONE"S business why we are wanting to sell - we are looking to buy some land and need those pesky FRN's to do it with. (for some reason, folks don't want to take the gold and silver)
    We have gotten really busy since I posted the OP but I will get the items listed here in the swap/sales forum soon.
    Thanks again for all the replies.

Your simply exchanging one thing that has intrinsic value [gold] for another [real estate], I see no downside here.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

Quote Originally Posted by sunny225 View Post
    Although it is NO ONE"S business why we are wanting to sell - we are looking to buy some land and need those pesky FRN's to do it with. (for some reason, folks don't want to take the gold and silver)
    We have gotten really busy since I posted the OP but I will get the items listed here in the swap/sales forum soon.
    Small talk...perspective sellers of property you want to buy...say or offer them $100 +-face in gold Eagles a acre. They will have to take a real loss on the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by sunny225 View Post
    Ok I see that makes since.
    JUST A FEW OF MY SIMPLE THOUGHTS
    LAY LOW WAIT LIKE A WOLF IN THE WILD UNTIL THE TIME IS RIGHT
    Never Pick A Fight With An Old Man He Will Just Shoot You He Can't Afford To Get Hurt