Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GUNS/RLTD Nolte: How Close Is America to Outright Gun Confiscation? Very Close.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Nolte: How Close Is America to Outright Gun Confiscation? Very Close.

The so-called fact checkers at the far-left Washington Post are liars. Straight-up liars. Because here is what Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama actually said in favor of gun confiscation:

Barack Obama, June 2014:

Couple of decades ago, Australia had a mass shooting, similar to Columbine or Newtown. And Australia just said, well, that’s it, we’re not doing, we’re not seeing that again, and basically imposed very severe, tough gun laws, and they haven’t had a mass shooting since. Our levels of gun violence are off the charts. There’s no advanced, developed country that would put up with this.

Barack Obama, June 2015:

When Australia had a mass killing – I think it was in Tasmania – about 25 years ago, it was just so shocking the entire country said ‘well we’re going to completely change our gun laws’, and they did. And it hasn’t happened since.

Barack Obama, October 2015:

We know that other countries, in response to one mass shooting, have been able to craft laws that almost eliminate mass shootings. Friends of ours, allies of ours — Great Britain, Australia, countries like ours. So we know there are ways to prevent it.

Hillary Clinton, October 2015:

You know, Australia’s a good example, Canada’s a good example, [and] the UK’s a good example. Why? Because each of them had mass killings, Australia had a huge mass killing about 20 or 25 years ago. Canada did as well, so did the UK. In reaction, they passed much stricter gun laws. In the Australian example, as I recall, that was a buyback program. The Australian government as part of trying to clamp down on the availability of … weapons offered a good price for buying hundreds of thousands of guns and basically clamped down going forward, in terms of having more of a background check approach – more of a permitting approach.

What you have above are four crystal clear examples of a former president and an almost-president, both of them leaders of the Democrat Party, openly speaking out in favor of gun confiscation — which is precisely what both are talking about when they extol the wondrous virtues of “what Australia did.”

What happened in Australia was that the government sponsored a gun buyback in which Australians were forced to hand their guns in. That is confiscation, full stop.

Nevertheless, despite four crystal clear examples, the Washington Post fact checkers have said that it is a lie to accuse either Hillary or Obama of wanting to confiscate guns.

So how close are we to having the federal government confiscate our guns? So close that the leaders of the Democrat Party are calling for it, while their media gaslights us into believing they did not.

Oh, yes, something is afoot. And that is the least of it. Let’s start at the beginning…

In the 1980s Democrats assured Ronald Reagan that if he signed a mass amnesty for illegal immigrants, they would increase border security. They lied, and now anywhere from 10 to 30 million illegals have invaded our country — and Democrats want to make them voting citizens.

In the early 1990s, Democrats assured President George H.W. Bush that if he broke his famous “read my lips, no new taxes” pledge, they would cut spending. They lied, and Bush lost his re-election bid to Bill Clinton, who passed a ban on “assault weapons.”

In 2009, and on dozens of occasions, Obama promised us that if we backed his scheme for a government takeover of our health care, costs would plummet and no one would lose their doctors or insurance. He lied. Millions lost their insurance and doctors and costs have exploded.

Over the last fifteen years, the left assured us that if we backed same-sex marriage it would in no way personally affect us. They lied. Christian cake and floral artists are now being persecuted by the state, and the Church itself is next.

Gay marriage is the perfect analogy to what we are seeing now, which is the left — with a ton of help from the corporate media — using the Parkland, Florida, school shooting massacre as a means to stigmatize the NRA and gun owners; to turn us into social pariahs, to make it socially unacceptable to be us or to associate with us.

If you recall, though, this push to scarlet letter marriage traditionalists did not work. In fact, had the issue stayed within the democratic process, same-sex marriage would not be legal today. Despite the propaganda push, despite the phony polls to make it look as though those opposed were in the minority, in state referendums all around the union (with three exceptions), voters rejected the legalization of gay marriage. This includes California.

It is important that you never forget that same sex marriage did not and could not win through democracy, that you never forget that same sex marriage was forced upon us by a 5-4 vote — by a single vote on the Supreme Court.

And this is how our guns will be confiscated — through a demonization campaign and a single vote Supreme Court vote.

The scenario by which we are disarmed by our government, is this close to reality….

1. Democrat president elected.
    2. Democrat president replaces a Clarence Thomas with a Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
    3. Democrat president enjoys Democrat majorities in the House and Senate.
    4. The Democrat Senate either enjoys a filibuster proof majority (this happened in 2008) or finishes what former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) began — the annihilation of the filibuster. While there are some current Democrat Senators who would oppose confiscation, over time they can be weeded out in primaries, bullied into siding with the Party (as we saw with Obamacare), or simply overwhelmed by their pro-confiscation co-partisans in the aftermath of a Democrat wave election.
    5. Both Houses of congress pass a gun confiscation bill.
    6. By a 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court declares gun confiscation perfectly constitutional.

To those of you naďve enough to believe that the Bill of Rights, that the Second Amendment will save you from outright gun confiscation, I give you the District of Columbia v. Heller, where the individual right to own a handgun was barely recognized in the Supreme Court by a 5-4 decision, by a single vote.

If the District of Columbia refused its citizens any other right on the Bill of Rights, we would have seen a 9-0 or 7-2 decision. But a Second Amendment right just barely squeaked by.

This is how close we are to having our firearms confiscated.

Do not listen to the assurances from Democrats and their media. Ignore the lying fact-checkers and those scoffing at the very idea of gun confiscation and those in the ruling class ridiculing those of us trying to sound the alarm…

Just remember “My gay marriage will not affect you.”

Remember “You can keep your insurance.”

Remember that 73 percent of Democrats want to ban semi-automatic firearms (which means most handguns), and 44 percent are in favor of banning all guns.

Remember 5-4.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...scation-close/
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Saying it is one thing - doing it is something else entire.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

There are over three hundred million guns and trillions of rounds of ammo.

If legal gun owners were the problem, you would know about it.

If they try to confiscate the guns, they WILL know about it.
    Would someone please let me know how we have spun out of control?
    Has the captain let go of the wheel?
    Or could we please try to find a way to be a bit more kind?
    I see the road to tomorrow in the haze - Queensryche

So how close are we to having the federal government confiscate our guns?
    We are EXACTLY the same distance we are from having Civil War 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Saying it is one thing - doing it is something else entire.
    Passing it into "Law" is one thing, enforcing it is another.

I dont think Amercans would do anything. I have lost hope in my fellow countrymen.

I hope I am wrong....
    "America is at that awkward stage, to late to work within the system, but to early to shoot the bastards"-- Claire Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Hognutz View Post
    I dont think Amercans would do anything. I have lost hope in my fellow countrymen.

I hope I am wrong....
    I'm of this line of thinking...
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared

"You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson

I am known for my "snotty gibberish", aren't I?

We all understand the reality of gun confiscation.

A lot of people don't.

Articles like this might wake up a few people and get them engaged.

Deplorable

What a lot of people would think is 'if I comply they will leave me alone'... but, what percent would make the 'collection teams' think twice about their jobs...

Quote Originally Posted by TheGatherer View Post
    What a lot of people would think is 'if I comply they will leave me alone'... but, what percent would make the 'collection teams' think twice about their jobs...
    20 million-ish vets.

5 million LEO & .mil

25% of the vets need to hit with one shot...done.

This is assuming the worst scenario. All cops an .mil working confiscation, a large chunk of them won't do it.

Deplorable

They just doen't see the fight coming.

Donald J. Trump, President

"Take the guns first, go through due process second,”

I don't know what "my fellow Americans" will do when/if they come to confiscate guns. But I'm betting that all the thousands/millions that were sold in the last 10 to 15 years weren't bought so they could be handed over when some elitist bunch decides to confiscate them. That would make no sense.
    I know I won't be handing over anything to anyone.
    Screw them all!!
    “What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” — Author Tom Clancy

Quote Originally Posted by Thinwater View Post
    Passing it into "Law" is one thing, enforcing it is another.
    I don't think there will ever be mass confiscation- police or troops going door to door.

I think it's much more likely to see limits and registration such as the NY SAFE act. With amnesty for registration.

Followed by creeping new regulations and limits. Violators are only arrested when they run afoul of the cops in some other fashion. Traffic stop- prohibited gun- jail; Run off a burglar - he turns you in - jail; Your wife leaves - she turns you in - jail; your kids tell friends - they tell their parents - jail;

Always followed by much media applause and sporadic amnesty programs.

Gun owners get sick, old, die. Kids don't know guns because they never were able to participate in the sport because it was illegal. They give up what guns are left willingly.

A generation or two and the gun "problem" is gone......

Truthfully, it will be much the same without new laws; it will just take a little longer......

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    I'm of this line of thinking...
    Same here

"They" keep getting nasty surprises. When Bush tried to snake through amnesty, the uproar was more than they bargained for and they backed off. I think Obama realized that there was a portion of the country that was pretty close to the edge of simply rejecting government and decided he'd done enough damage and that Hillary could finish it off... and then, the biggest surprise, HRC didn't get elected.

If they try gun confiscation, it'll be one of those mistakes that keeps you from making any more.

Jeff B.
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits"
    Plutarch (Roman Philosopher and Statesman)

It will only take III% to demonstrate their folly.

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by smith357 View Post
    I don't think there will ever be mass confiscation- police or troops going door to door.

I think it's much more likely to see limits and registration such as the NY SAFE act. With amnesty for registration.

Followed by creeping new regulations and limits. Violators are only arrested when they run afoul of the cops in some other fashion. Traffic stop- prohibited gun- jail; Run off a burglar - he turns you in - jail; Your wife leaves - she turns you in - jail; your kids tell friends - they tell their parents - jail;

Always followed by much media applause and sporadic amnesty programs.

Gun owners get sick, old, die. Kids don't know guns because they never were able to participate in the sport because it was illegal. They give up what guns are left willingly.

A generation or two and the gun "problem" is gone......

Truthfully, it will be much the same without new laws; it will just take a little longer......
    I have stated in several threads, that the 2nd Amendment will
    be gone by 2050, as the demographics of the FUSA
    will no longer support, the very essence of what the
    2nd Amendment means, protection against
    government tyranny.

FUSA, what is left of it, will be like South Africa is today,
    a living hell on earth.

I also believe, that there will be an attempted confiscation,
    during the next damocrat administration, and CONgress.
    This would be the spark for Civil War II,
    which is the only true glimer of light,
    that will savage this completely destroyed nation.

Booker and Harris. That is who I believe that the damocrats
    will put on their 2020 presidental ticket.
    It must be all FUSA African, as the FUSA Africans are now
    the bedrock of the damocrat party.

Please be safe everyone, and please arm up.

Regards to all deplorables.

Nowski
    "Read everything, listen to everyone, believe absolutely nothing,
    unless you can prove it with your own research." Milton William Cooper

"Life is a glass, half empty, of spoiled milk, sitting in a bed of thorns." Nowski

Quote Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
    20 million-ish vets.

5 million LEO & .mil

25% of the vets need to hit with one shot...done.

This is assuming the worst scenario. All cops an .mil working confiscation, a large chunk of them won't do it.
    AND they will be going up against somewhere between 15 million to 30 million registered hunters, not to mention another 4x gun owners who don't hunt.

It will only take III% to demonstrate their folly.
    Exactly, that means 97% of gun owners can sit at home on their asses and be keyboard commandos.

Let that sink in for a minute.....
    ...Rubbin' is Racin'......

The scenario by which we are disarmed by our government, is this close to reality….

1. Democrat president elected.
    2. Democrat president replaces a Clarence Thomas with a Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
    3. Democrat president enjoys Democrat majorities in the House and Senate.
    4. The Democrat Senate either enjoys a filibuster proof majority (this happened in 2008) or finishes what former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) began — the annihilation of the filibuster. While there are some current Democrat Senators who would oppose confiscation, over time they can be weeded out in primaries, bullied into siding with the Party (as we saw with Obamacare), or simply overwhelmed by their pro-confiscation co-partisans in the aftermath of a Democrat wave election.
    5. Both Houses of congress pass a gun confiscation bill.
    6. By a 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court declares gun confiscation perfectly constitutional.
    7. By a strange twist of fate, 5 SC Justice's were found the next morning with giant Bowie style knives sticking from their backs. All would die in the next few weeks, from a very nasty infection, pissing and shitting themselves to the very end.
    Fixed it for you.
    Please clap.
    III

I could be all wet, but I am convinced that all of those who think the FUSA has years and years for more creeping communism to take place are sorely mistaken. Things get more ragged by the day, politically, economically, socially, internationally as well as domestically.

I don't see continued slow erosion having time to happen. And when whatever breaks first lets go, the FUSA will go from zero to all bets are off in seconds, figuratively if not literally.

YMMV of course.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto

The time for us to decide the future of this nation draws near, many will bow down and surrender. They have much to lose, wife, kids, home, money. Some of us have nothing to lose, we will be the ones that take it too those who perpetrate said confiscation. What we are close to is a whole pile of dead cops and families of said cops once this nonsense starts. It will not last long, no one will enforce the laws if they are afraid for those that they love. Harsh? Also reality. Surely these fools know this.

They can try. They can try. Good luck with that shit. They have rules to follow. I don't.
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    Molon Labe
    We Must Secure the Existance of Our People and a Future for White Children
    Make America Confederate Again

The reason gun control works in Australia, England and elsewhere is that once gun confiscation was achieved...the elite's stopped hiring killers to terrorize the populace. But they are just waiting until they need to move or prune the populations...and being unarmed the populace will have no choice but to get to where they are told to go.
    "The future is already here, it is just not evenly. distributed."

“Theory is when you understand everything, but nothing works.”
    “Practice is when everything works, but nobody understands why.”
    “At this station, theory and practice are united, so nothing works and nobody understands why.”
    Dallas Fed president Richard Fisher

When guns are outlawed only democrats will have guns.

nvrmnd

Perhaps it's time to move to the Highlands and leave the lowlands to their own demise.

I'm pretty tired of living in the land of surrounding stupidity.
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

It would be better if the snake was biting the ankle IMHO. Still sending this to friends.

Survey: Majority of Democrats want to ban semi-automatics, half want to ban all guns

When pro-gun control advocates tell you they don’t want to take your guns, they actually want to take your guns.

At least, that’s the key takeaway from a YouGov survey released this week, which shows a significant number of self-identified Democratic respondents support the idea of total gun confiscation.

The poll, which was conducted between Feb. 25 and 27 and has a margin of error for registered voters of plus or minus 2.9 percentage points, surveyed 1,500 adults.

Of that number, YouGov found that 73 percent of self-identified Democrats “strongly” favor banning semi-automatic firearms. The survey found that an additional nine percent “somewhat” favor a ban of that sort.

Translation: 82 percent of surveyed Democrats say they favor a ban on semi-automatics, which would include not just rifles like the one used in the Feb. 14 Parkland massacre, which claimed the lives of 17 people, but also most handguns.

That’s a hell of a ban.

Fifty-three percent of Republican respondents said they’d oppose such a ban.

To be fair, though, the YouGov survey doesn’t bother to define terms, so it’s possible respondents just assumed the semi-auto question was in reference to AR-15-style rifles only. Still, that doesn’t speak well to the general population’s literacy regarding a fairly common product and an extremely topical subject.

Amazingly enough, this isn’t even the survey’s most shocking find. That distinction goes to how respondents answered the question: “Do you favor or oppose … [banning] the sale of all handguns, except those that are issued to law enforcement officers.”

If you can believe it, Democratic respondents were split on this question. Forty-four percent said they would support such a ban, while a oh-so-slightly larger 46 percent said they would oppose it.

In contrast, 81 percent of Republican respondents said they oppose the proposal.

Unlike the semi-auto question, there’s no ambiguity here for respondents to hide behind. The question is clear, and it’s amazing that these numbers would appear while we’re also having a national conversation about police brutality, Black Lives Matters, criminal justice reform and systemic racism.

That’s not all! The survey also found that Democratic respondents were loosely split on whether the Second Amendment ought to be repealed. Thirty-nine said they’d oppose it, while 41 percent said otherwise. The broader population, on the other hand, overwhelmingly opposed the idea by 60 percent to 21 percent.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/su...rticle/2650543

I hope I am wrong....
    I want to say that until very recently I felt the same way Hognutz. I've voiced it several times here.

but I don't feel that way today

I think there are several reasons for that. biggest is that I'm seeing the ANGER rise on this board. THAT'S A GOOD THING because you are a cross section of this country. I recently listened to several of John B Wells Caravan to Midnight segments (sorry it's subscription)- perhaps most specifically 2.22 #888 - Matt Bracken - (generally "Civil war in the making") and I am renewed in my belief that AMERICA IS WAKING UP for several reasons. there are several other episodes recently that are QUITE refreshing
    make no mistake - they are working OVERTIME to set this puppy off - they are running out of time -

NOT BECAUSE OF SOME "INDICTMENT" or some "MEMO" or some "25D CHESS MOVE"

but becasue AMERICA IS WAKING UP and AMERICA IS PISSED OFF

we started talking about CONFISCATION - that will be very difficult IF YOU STAND WITH YOUR NEIGHBORS

swat reams are really good at confronting suspect(s) in a building or small locale - they are not very good at taking fire from 360* . . . HATE TO EVEN SAY THAT . . . but as has been discussed here already - no one bought all that fire power because they were looking forward to turning it in

it's been said that they'll have the option of sending a hellfire down your chimney or doing a little yard farming - SO BE IT

there are things worse that dying for your principles particularly if your an old crotchety bastard that's NOT going to be told what to do think or say

ETA:
    we discussed the hellfires and the yard farming . . . these . . . "people" haven't yet realized that once this thing goes live they are QUITE FAR from untouchable . . . that "sound you don't hear from a place you can't see" shit and all - just sayin' of course
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

A factor that needs to be considered is the impact of the Democratic Party openly running to the farthest reaches of leftist political ideology.

How does that square in the US at large as well as the "red" and "blue" states and politics on the ground as this develops?

Quote Originally Posted by Housecarl View Post
    A factor that needs to be considered is the impact of the Democratic Party openly running to the farthest reaches of leftist political ideology.

How does that square in the US at large as well as the "red" and "blue" states and politics on the ground as this develops?
    I thought that the last election showed that question to be asked and answered.

Quote Originally Posted by jward View Post
    I thought that the last election showed that question to be asked and answered.
    IMHO we're still waiting for the other shoe to drop...

I hope I am wrong....
    Sadly I generally agree. The right by and large has become paper tigers.
    "Property must be sacred or liberty cannot exist"

His comment bothers me alot.

Oh well, shrug your shoulders nod your head

And millions WILL die, because of the stupidity of 535 members of Congress. This IS the reality of the situation.
    Rusty in NC
    Don't tread on me!
    sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
    Wickr tiger133

Quote Originally Posted by tiger13 View Post
    And millions WILL die, because of the stupidity of 535 members of Congress. This IS the reality of the situation.
    Because 50%+- of the population has been lobotomized.

5 decades of indoctrination is working.

Remember, those 535 represent their constituency.

Deplorable

THAT statement DEEPLY concerns me !!!

I know a bunch here will say " Not to worry, he is just playing 4 D chess "

Well, maybe, maybe not. Talked to a friend yesterday. Guy is / was a big time Trump supporter. He is very upset about that. He said " Well what are we to believe, that he is a big supporter of the 2A, or that he favors taking our guns ? " I tried to calm him, stating it was intended to be about the nuts. He was not buying it !! And, he is not alone !!

People better think. Trump better think. Words mean things. A lot of people thought they could trust him, and could believe what he said.

A lot of people like my friend. Come next election, they will not be thinking " 4D Chess, ha ha ha "they will be remembering that statement. They may not vote against the Republicans, but they may just stay home. If the Dems take the house & senate, it will be game over !!!

Trump is a smart guy, but when he ran his mouth this time, I think he MADE A YUGE MISTAKE !!! Trump needs to keep his base happy, not the dems !!!

Some of you may laugh at my friend, say that he is just some unsophisticated red neck yah hoo. Well, if he and a lot like him vote different than what you think, you will not be laughing the day after the election !

I hope I am wrong !!!