Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

PRYR RQST UPDATE: Hermione crossed the Bridge, post 75
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Dennis I am so sorry. I've been through the loss of a dog that was very close to what you describe and It took a while. We've had several dogs we loved and were attached to and we cried when they left and grieved so much but there was that one dog. She passed just short of her 13th birthday...we started dreading that day years before because we knew this was going to be a level of grief we'd never experienced with any other pup...not to minimize how much we loved all the others.

It took a good six months to get back to anything close to normal and a couple years to be able to see her picture and not cry every time. It's been several years now and we mostly feel only good memories when we see her picture but every once in a while, there is that twinge of grief and a tear or two.

I'm praying for comfort for you and your sweet baby you have with you now...she needs you and that is a good thing.

It's just so quiet. Aja isn't a talker AT ALL. She never makes a sound, which is odd for a Shepherd. Even after my wife left, I had noise in the house from my beloved. Now it's as silent as a grave. I don't know how long I can take that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    It's just so quiet. Aja isn't a talker AT ALL. She never makes a sound, which is odd for a Shepherd. Even after my wife left, I had noise in the house from my beloved. Now it's as silent as a grave. I don't know how long I can take that.
    Dennis, you need another dog/pup for the pack. Dogs are pack animals and so are YOU. You loved having a house full of Shepherds. I can state flatly that there is another one close by that needs a forever home. A new face and someone who is a talker, lol. I would lend you Ashly for a couple weeks if you like. LOL......She never shuts up. She talks all the time, be it outside or just wooing to her stuff toys (her babies) She goes into her bed and talks/sings to them after she eats dinner. Not sure what that means but she does it. She was so lonely here till be got Sophie the labradoodle/mutt. Sophie isn't a talker either but Ashly makes up for that!

Check the Shepherd rescues in your area. Doesn't have to be today but think about it. Ashly saved my sanity after Luka and it wasn't long after she passed that we got Ashly. Big, hairy, bossy, mind of her own furbutt. I love her dearly.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Proverbs 16:9

Dennis Pepper was a talker a big talker that I can say was a person reincarnated as a furball enter these 2 who only talk during feeding time. I miss having a talker big time

You will find your peace we promise and I agree with wiseowl mourn your baby but don’t close your heart
    Frugal is the new black!!
    http://www.bethefrugaldiva.com
    Get cashback on your online purchases!!!
    http://www.ebates.com/refer-a-friend...o%2FgWeg%3D%3D

I can just picture Hermione and Tessie chasing squirrels across the bridge. Both are having a blast!
    If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

Dennis,
    I haven't been on TB much since I have gone back to work.
    I'm so sorry to read this. I'm sure Aja misses her very much.
    Give her an extra hug, today. ((( )))
    dc

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Owl View Post
    She goes into her bed and talks/sings to them after she eats dinner. Not sure what that means but she does it.
    So interesting! Our new puppy Ziggy does the exact same thing. He's more verbal than any of our others and when he goes to sleep, for lack of a better description, he sings himself to sleep. I'd never heard of this before.

[/QUOTE]Dennis, you need another dog/pup for the pack. Dogs are pack animals and so are YOU. You loved having a house full of Shepherds. I can state flatly that there is another one close by that needs a forever home.Check the Shepherd rescues in your area. Doesn't have to be today but think about it. [/QUOTE]
    ^^^+1000

Dennis, that thought is totally foreign to you right now, I know. I know you say you'll never have another but we all have your number. We know you will. At the insistence of our young (7) niece, the best thing we ever did was get our #1 heart dog only one week after the death of our first ever puppy.

Give your heart a little time to grieve and then go find a rescue who is longing for your love. You'll never be "ready." Ever. Just bite the bullet. You won't be sorry.
    For those who believe in the Resurrection, death is inconsequential
    http://needgoodnews.com

I'm so sorry Dennis I think we will all miss her, she was such a beauty. Prayers for your comfort and we'll being.

"All right. They're on our left; they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us. . .they can't get away this time."

That same issue was very tough for us when we lost Lucy. Lucy was NOISY - grunting, panting, grumbling, complaining, heavy sighs when she didn't get her way, warbling when we got home, etc . The silence was very tough at first, but we did adapt. A suggestion - leave a TV or radio going so there is some background noise, it makes it easier.

When we got Jake 2 years later it got weird again - he looks a lot like her, especially from the back, but he was utterly silent. He still is a man of few words LOL.

Big hugs to you.
    "Send lawyers, guns and money - the s**t has hit the fan" --Warren Zevon

I’m so sorry for your loss. One of the toughest days of my life was when I lost my Chance. I know the heartbreak.

Dennis, I am so sorry. When our shepherd mix died it broke my heart. I can’t begin to imagine what you are going through. You are in my prayers.

Terri
    Author of "Loose Ends - A Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery." Dreams do come true!

http://www.amazon.com/Loose-OReilly-...5105847&sr=8-1

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Owl View Post
    Dennis, you need another dog/pup for the pack. Dogs are pack animals and so are YOU. You loved having a house full of Shepherds. I can state flatly that there is another one close by that needs a forever home. A new face and someone who is a talker, lol. I would lend you Ashly for a couple weeks if you like. LOL......She never shuts up. She talks all the time, be it outside or just wooing to her stuff toys (her babies) She goes into her bed and talks/sings to them after she eats dinner. Not sure what that means but she does it. She was so lonely here till be got Sophie the labradoodle/mutt. Sophie isn't a talker either but Ashly makes up for that!

Check the Shepherd rescues in your area. Doesn't have to be today but think about it. Ashly saved my sanity after Luka and it wasn't long after she passed that we got Ashly. Big, hairy, bossy, mind of her own furbutt. I love her dearly.
    DITTO Wise Owl!! (You are wise indeed!) Listen friend...
    Annie
    "A dog wags its tail with its heart"

xoxo

Thinking of you, Dennis. When the time is right, rescue - save a life, in honor of Hermione.
    Attached Images
    Annie

Annie and Avatar (post #384) -
    those images are so incredibly moving - thanks so much for sharing them with all of us. I have saved BOTH of them.
    RM
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

What do you do when your dog grows old? When his feet are tired and the pads are worn? When your words of praise are muffled in his ears, and his eyes are milky from their years of use?
 When his face is grizzled and his color isn't as vibrant?

You love him.

You rub the feet that dutifully carried him by your side. You speak your praises more loudly, so everybody else can hear the words that he can't. You guide him the way he has guided you, and prevent him from getting lost as you were before he came along. You kiss his muzzle and admire the wisdom that has beset him in his later years.

And when it comes time to put him to his final rest, knowing that an irreplaceable part of your heart will follow him, you will do so knowing that you loved him.

And he loved you more.

Anonymous

I have to stay off this thread - it's drowning my keyboard
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

Beautiful, Raggedyman! Many of us have been here, or we are soon approaching. Here is my grieving song, to be visited - but do not linger long there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVBCE3gaNxc
    Annie

So devastated to hear she is gone Dennis. My heart goes out to you for the hard days to come. Your TB family is here to help hold you up and Aja now has a new roll in your life. She's young and now has to be the only dog. Big change for her too , big paw prints to fill, so I'm glad she has you to help her through the transition, so she can be the best dog she can be.
    Be patient with yourself and Aja too and allow the grief and tears.
    Just reading through this thread seemed like a really nice memorial service for Hermione. She touched so many lives through you Dennis. Thank you for sharing her with us.

I’m completely drained of all emotion at this point. I also realized that she passed on Texas’ Independence Day.

Thinking of you this morning Dennis>>>>you go pick up her ashes today right?

My heart goes with you and I am praying for a wonderful peace and comfort to cover you today and in the next few months......

{{{{Dennis & Aja}}}}
    There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."Theodore Roosevelt-1907.

No, it’ll be over a week until they’re back.

Well>>>>thinking of you anyway man!!
    There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."Theodore Roosevelt-1907.

No, it’ll be over a week until they’re back.
    I remember it took 2-3 weeks for me to get Pepper back......
    Frugal is the new black!!
    http://www.bethefrugaldiva.com
    Get cashback on your online purchases!!!
    http://www.ebates.com/refer-a-friend...o%2FgWeg%3D%3D

Hermione passed from this world at 8:45 am Central time, aged 12 years, 7 months and 22 days. Her head was against my chest and I held her in my arms as she ended her earthly journey.

Thank you God, for letting her be a part of my world. My forever love.

Goodbye
    So sorry for your lost! My prayers are with you during this time.

Another day...thinking of you...

xoxo
    Attached Images
    Annie

xoxo
    Attached Images
    Annie

I didn't read every post on this thread because it is just too SAD!! So maybe this picture has already been posted, but when I went to Pinterest this morning, this is the first picture that came up. I thought it was a message of comfort because what could be better than to be in the arms of Jesus
    Attached Images
    Therefore be ye also ready; for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Matt. 24:44

Sorry to hear this dennis. Holler if we can help with anything. I understand things being too quiet, I always have music on in the background unless out in the woods and then there is the noise of the woods.
    working on unplugging.

Dennis,

I'm sorry I'm late to this very sad news. I am so very sorry for you. I know how much your dogs mean to you and how empty you must be feeling now. Take care and know there is no more pain and worry now and someday when you're ready another pup will come along to help fill the hole in your heart.

A Man And His Dog Go to Heaven

A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead.

He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years. He wondered where the road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill,
    it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight.

When he was standing before it he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led
    to the gate looked like pure gold. He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as He got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one
    side.

When he was close enough, he called out, 'Excuse me, where are we?'

This is Heaven, sir, the man answered.

Wow! Would you happen to have some water?' the man asked.

Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up.

The man gestured, and the gate began to open.

Can my friend, gesturing toward his dog, 'come in, too?' the traveler asked.

I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets.

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.

After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm gate that looked
    as if it had never been closed. There was no fence.

As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book..

Excuse me! he called to the man. 'Do you have any water?

Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there, come on in.

How about my friend here? the traveler gestured to the dog.

There should be a bowl by the pump.

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it.

The traveler filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog.

When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree.

What do you call this place?' the traveler asked.

This is Heaven, he answered.

Well, that's confusing, the traveler said. The man down the road said that was Heaven, too.

Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope.

That's hell.

Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?

No, we're just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind.
    Four Things You Can't Recover: The stone - after its
    thrown, The word - after it's said, The occasion -
    after it's missed, and Time - after it's gone.

Aaawww (((Dennis))) Your regal girl rallied because of the loyalty and devotion you both had for each other. Hermione squeezed out every drop of love and effort in those last days just for you. You are a wonderful alpha and you’ve never stinted when it comes to taking care of your pack. When you think of her, think of all you’ve come through. When you meet again, she’ll tell you not just how thankful she is for all the extras but how proud you can be for making it through some of your very hardest life-trials.

They will be waiting for us.
    Attached Images

No new dogs for me.
    Remember this?

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGirl View Post
    They will be waiting for us.
    Almost right... but not quite.

Where’s the pics of all my cats???
    ~ I stand with Ted to defeat Hillary Clinton. My family and I will be voting for Trump/Pence this November.
    "It took Jimmy Carter to give us Ronald Reagan." - Our country's last best hope in 2016, was Presidential Candidate Ted Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by OldCraftsman View Post
    Remember this?
    Yes I do. But Aja is not coping well at all.

Just sayin'
    Attached Images

Just this evening spotted the thread Dennis... so sorry that you had to have such a loss. Give Aja a hug for me...
    "If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for entering and remaining in the country illegally — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots." -Jeff Foxworthy -Hey! Maybe not anymore!!!

Mathew 24:6 "See to it you are not alarmed." (Though He also said to "keep watch" and to build your house "on the Rock".)

Sorry to hear about your baby. I lost my Shepherd who had cancer as well on February 22nd. She was 14 years 21 days old.
    Storm

I'm so sorry to hear about her passing.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.