Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

WEATHER MA: If you live on the coast, GET OUT before 8 AM Friday morning. Major Noreaster Flooding!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

4 MA: If you live on the coast, GET OUT before 8 AM Friday morning. Major Noreaster Flooding!!

Wow, first I've seen of this, but I'll post it:

Storm Front Weather
    ‏ @StormFrontWX
    5m5 minutes ago

Get the message folks:
    Our Friday noreaster is not normal. THIS IS A LIFE THREATENING EVENT FOR COASTAL RESIDENTS. IF YOU FLOOD UNDER NORMAL CONDITIONS..YOU SHOULD EVACUATE BY 8AM FRIDAY MORNING. #Boston #BREAKING #Storm

Storm Front Weather
    ‏ @StormFrontWX
    15m15 minutes ago

Strongly encouraged voluntary evacuations in place for towns along Eastern #Massachusetts including #Scituate, #Hull, #Marshfield. Storm will rival the flooding of the October 1991 "Perfect storm".

Storm Front Weather Retweeted
    Anthony Siciliano
    ‏ @AMSweather
    7h7 hours ago

Good morning !
    Major, destructive Nor'easter on the way. No downplaying this at all. Coastal evacs are recommended.
    Historic coastal impacts seem imminent.
    PREP while you have time today
    Attached Images
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

I used to live in Hull, on Nantasket beach right on the water, and kept one of my Lobster boats down at Scituate harbor. When it flooded there, it FLOODED, there would be breakers across the roads, and when it subsided, there were huge numbers of surf clams washed up, along with massive amounts of chunks of coal from all the sunken coal barges that went down in the late 1800s off Nantasket. I loved living there in the winter months but the summer was a bitch with all the tourist traffic
    Rusty in NC
    Don't tread on me!
    sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
    Wickr tiger133

Governor activated the National Guard for rescue and clean up

Quote Originally Posted by tiger13 View Post
    I used to live in Hull, on Nantasket beach right on the water, and kept one of my Lobster boats down at Scituate harbor. When it flooded there, it FLOODED, there would be breakers across the roads, and when it subsided, there were huge numbers of surf clams washed up, along with massive amounts of chunks of coal from all the sunken coal barges that went down in the late 1800s off Nantasket. I loved living there in the winter months but the summer was a bitch with all the tourist traffic
    Well, at least you got to live there. It's too expensive now.

-----------------------

California has mandatory evacs going on in some areas because of possible mud slides:

Shayne Adamski
    ‏ @shayneadamski
    7m7 minutes ago

Shayne Adamski Retweeted Long Beach Fire (CA)

Rain, storms on both coasts. Be safe peeps.
    #cawx #noreaster

https://twitter.com/lbfd

Kimberly Bookman
    ‏Verified account @KimberlyBookman
    14m14 minutes ago

Tree crews cutting back branches from power lines in anticipation of heavy winds from tomorrow’s #noreaster #7News

Jingmen qiang
    ‏ @LJingmen
    11m11 minutes ago

A massive #noreaster is about to hit the U.S. and airlines are already waiving change fees… https://goo.gl/fb/yrpWPw

Nicholas Burchard
    ‏ @nsburchard
    10m10 minutes ago

@JimCantore never good when this man is on your plane #noreaster
    Attached Images

Our local weather guru says this will be one of the most significant wind events in the High Country in the last 20 years - nail it down or lose it.

http://asheweather.com/Forecast/Warrensville
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

forgive my ignorance on these graphs....... does the one on the right indicate 30 FT. waves?

Quote Originally Posted by tiredude View Post
    forgive my ignorance on these graphs....... does the one on the right indicate 30 FT. waves?
    Yup. At least that's what the chart label says. Scary.

Oh great. It's another one of those bomba thingys.

---------------

Sh Kayen
    ‏ @ShKayen
    1m1 minute ago

#BreakingNews for friends up #North. #Noreaster #monster #storm, 65 mph #winds, #CoastalFlooding expected tomorrow, Friday. Please take care!!

Updated 1:37 PM ET, Thu March 1, 2018

Nor'easter could be strongest since January.

(CNN)New England is gearing up for its most significant storm since early January's "bomb cyclone," with heavy rain, roaring winds and excessive coastal flooding expected Friday and Saturday from the mid-Atlantic to New England.
    This Nor'easter, like the one in January, could reach bombogenesis -- or become a "bomb cyclone" -- by dropping at least 24-millibars of atmospheric pressure in 24 hours. Some forecast models predict a sudden pressure plummet Friday evening off the Atlantic coast.

More:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/01/us/we...one/index.html
    Attached Images

I got my butt kicked by a 2 ft. wave once....... cant imagine fighting one 30 Ft. high......

Quote Originally Posted by tiger13 View Post
    Ahhh, the Irish Riviera...

Obviously there will be power outages. Got your batteries, etc.?

Nick Gregory
    ‏ @NickGregoryFox5
    22m22 minutes ago

High Wind Warnings, Watches, and Wind Advisories in effect thru late Friday night. Wind gusts may exceed 60 MPH, particularly along the coast
    @Fox5NYWeather
    Attached Images

https://earth.nullschool.net/#curren...5.34,45.11,383

Thermohaline current has changed radically in the last thirty days. It's turning down a full 200 miles further south than just 30 days ago. If it keeps this up, this will be the summer that wasn't.
    Facts?? We don't need no stinkin facts...

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Our local weather guru says this will be one of the most significant wind events in the High Country in the last 20 years - nail it down or lose it.

http://asheweather.com/Forecast/Warrensville
    Thanks for the heads up! I just checked and we are under the same warning. Right now though, there's not a breath of air, just drizzle and cloud/fog hanging between the mountains and hollows. Think I'll stoke up the cook stove and put a big pot of soup on.

Nicholas Burchard
    ž @nsburchard
    10m10 minutes ago

@JimCantore never good when this man is on your plane #noreaster
    Jim Cantore's presence would put me on a solid Yellow Alert.

However I go Full Bagwan Red Alert when Frankie "North America's Favorite Weatherman" MacDonald gets involved in a severe weather scenario.

!Be Prepared!

Massive Storm to Hit Massachusetts on Friday March 2, 2018

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuqaIENT9QU

Frankie MacDonald
    Published on Feb 28, 2018

Massive Storm is on its way for Massachusetts on Friday March 2, 2018 and it will bring Wind Driven Rain and there will be Big Waves Crashing the Beaches and Shores and it will also hit Rhode Island, Connecticut and Maine and All Container Ships, Boats and Ships have to Stay at the Dock until the Storm Passes and All Captain and Crew Members don't Let the Ship Take off from the Docks and Wharf during the Storm and it will bring Coastal Flooding and Beach Erosion and it will be a ton of Heavy Rain and it may Knock out the Power. People in Massachusetts Be Prepared Have your Rubber Boots, Rain Coats and Rain Suits Ready. Order your Pizzas and Chinese Food and Buy Cases of Pepsi and Coke. Have your Samsung Galaxys, Samsung Galaxy Smartphones, Samsung Galaxy Tablets, Smartphone, Cell Phones, Laptops and Tablets Charged and Have your 3G and 4G Internet Ready. Stay Away from the Beaches and Don't go Near the Shores since it is a Massive Nor'easter and Intense Nor'easter. If you Have anybody Living in Massachusetts Be Prepared for Massive Storm on Friday March 2, 2018. Take Care and Stay Safe and Don't Get Caught in the Massive Storm Stay Dry and Be Safe.
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Expect state of emergency declared.

I take it that second map measures wind speeds. Yay me... I'm in the dark red. At least we got some warning on this storm. Last year about this time, we had the same high winds after beaucoup rain, and I woke up to trees down in my yard. I had no idea there was a storm - slept right through it. I guess that's the previous hurricane/coastal nor'easter experience for ya.

It's my UNexpert opinion that nor'easters can be a lot more damaging than actual Cat 1 hurricanes.

I have gotten buckets of nonstop rain the past two days, but I find that living on a mountain, it doesn't bother me so much :-)
    I just texted my sis and asked her if she was homesick yet. We all moved outa Ma 30 some odd years ago.
    It got some interesting storms in all seasons.
    Even got a tornado (we NEVER got them) that hit my alma mater and totaled it.
    "Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we will all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."
    Dumbledore to Harry Potter, Goblet of Fire.

Luke 21:36

A people who no longer recognize sin and evil, are not a people who will recognize tyranny and despotism either. Invar

Mike Stone
    ‏Verified account @MikeStoneCBS6
    15m15 minutes ago

Wind speeds will turn much stronger early Friday, and a good portion of #Virginia is under a high wind warning with the potential for power outages. The storm will have a major impact on the NE US. Here's what to expect:
    http://ow.ly/ug4L30iHyeB #VAwx #RVA #noreaster

http://wtvr.com/2018/03/01/major-nor...form=hootsuite
    Attached Images

It might get a little sucky by me in Upstate NY on Lake Ontario, but no biggie except for some wind gusts, according to the forecast.

-------------

Danielle Edwards
    ‏ @Deehltnhlls
    27m27 minutes ago

Lake Ontario is starting to feel the effects of the #noreaster coming our way #ONStorm
    . @weathernetwork
    Attached Images

85. This says 85 !!!

Erin Wenckstern
    ‏ @erinwenckstern
    7m7 minutes ago

In the US and got so excited seeing this beauty @jwhittalTWN cover the #Noreaster on @TheWeatherNetUS app! 😍
    Attached Images

Our first major storm of the winter has finally arrived. Heavy winds and rain, weather guy said the brunt of it isn't even here yet. My barometers are falling. There's been power outages in the mountains above us. It's a good thing Lake Oroville is down low, no way can they have water flowing down the semi-finished spillway. Still lots of work to be done on it and no money coming from FEMA. What are they going to do with the 50,000+ homeless in LA, mudslides in the burn areas, speed train to nowhere, and this sanctuary state. As for me and DH, I got a pot of beans soaking and the slow cooker will be brought out tonight to finish them off. Life is good....Stay safe everyone back East!

Mister Dave
    🐟
    ‏ @RidiculousFood
    44s45 seconds ago

Preparing to bare my chest to the elements while making French toast and shouting at clouds. #BreadMilkEggs #Noreaster

Meaghan Mooney
    ‏Verified account @MeaghanMooney1
    7m7 minutes ago

#TravelAlert All MBTA Ferry service suspended for Fri, March 2 due to strong winds expected. #noreaster. Alt routes via #Boston buses are listed on @MBTA's homepage right now. | #sunrise @NBC10 #Providence

Art Illman
    ‏ @illmanMWphoto
    31s31 seconds ago

.@DPWFramingham readying for Friday's storm. @Framingham_MA @metrowestdaily #noreaster
    Attached Images

Looks like Long Island is in line for this too. I have family living there and storms like this happen often enough where most know what to expect.
    Last edited by Publius; 03-01-2018 at 08:36 PM.

Vinum Wine Shop
    ‏ @VinumWineShop
    4m4 minutes ago

What are you drinking for the #noreaster ? Are you prepared? #drinkup @ Vinum Wine Shop https://www.instagram.com/p/BfzBvZogdWr/
    Attached Images

Mister Dave
    🐟
    ž @RidiculousFood
    44s45 seconds ago

Preparing to bare my chest to the elements while making French toast and shouting at clouds. #BreadMilkEggs #Noreaster
    I could really respect that statement if a strong willed woman had made it . . . . .
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

New Hampshire guy. I would assume he has a coop.

Eric Whitmore
    ‏ @ericwhitmor85
    29m29 minutes ago

Can we come inside before this crazy storm shows up!!!! #noreaster
    Attached Images

Western N.Y. is under a winter storm warning as well. We had heavy rain most of the day, and it just changed to heavy, WET snow, driving in on a nasty, chilly East wind while we were getting the cows into the barn. Sped them right up, I can tell you!

They're calling for 10-18" of very wet, heavy snow. Gonna be lucky if the power doesn't go off. At least up here in the hills we don't have to worry about flooding!

Summerthyme

WeatherStream
    🌤️
    ‏ @weather_talk
    10m10 minutes ago

Storm is looking strange on modeling, and it seems as though we keep trending into the colder solutions on each run. Placement of the low may allow column to cool much faster than anticipated. #snow may be a more viable solution. #noreaster #BombCyclone

Lexie O'Connor
    ‏Verified account @LexieWGME
    12m12 minutes ago
    Lexie O'Connor Retweeted NWS Boston

A look at the more severe warnings to our south where tomorrow’s #noreaster will be strongest. ⬇️ #WeatherAuthority @WGME

NWS Boston
    ‏Verified account @NWSBoston
    2h2 hours ago

[COASTAL FLOODING] Take this storm seriously! This is a LIFE & DEATH situation for those living along the coast, esp those ocean-exposed shorelines; moderate to major flooding; locations becoming inundated, cut off for periods of time; expect structural damage, homes destroyed
    Attached Images

Looks like we might get a bit of snow and some wind. Nothing major expected for us in Western Maine this time. Woo hoo........ We usually get slammed up here. Regardless, I did the grocery run today, got lot's of wood for the woodstove and we had the driveway sanded good this afternoon just in case there was freezing rain coming in. Temps are going to be on the warm side so, have at it.

You all to the south stay safe.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Proverbs 16:9

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Proverbs 16:9

USGS Coastal Change
    ‏ @USGSCoastChange
    3m3 minutes ago

#Noreaster / Winter Storm #Riley: #coastal flooding depths, overwash, & dune erosion. EXPERIMENTAL forecasts from #NorthCarolina to #Maine
    https://coastal.er.usgs.gov/hurrican...rch/twlviewer/

https://coastal.er.usgs.gov/hurrican...rch/twlviewer/
    Attached Images

So the East Coast of the US is about to be hit with a "snowcane," the West Coast is having severe storms with mudslides, Europe has snow from the Vatican to Ireland (pretty much everywhere from Moscow going West) and now Ireland/UK getting hit with a "highly unusual" clash of a cyclonic storm bashing into the rare East Moving Siberian Cold Front.

Similar to the "the Weather Bomb" only a kind of backward (we also have the Atlantic air trying to push back the Eastern air and crashing into both of the other fronts).

I gather the Arctic really is 20 degrees above normal which is supposed to be doing weird things to the jet stream, I just didn't realize how widespread the weird was.

Everyone on the East and West Coasts stay safe. Bardu great minds, I've got beans soaking too; I can do them either in the crockpot or on the turf stove if we lose power tomorrow.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    So the East Coast of the US is about to be hit with a "snowcane," the West Coast is having severe storms with mudslides, Europe has snow from the Vatican to Ireland (pretty much everywhere from Moscow going West) and now Ireland/UK getting hit with a "highly unusual" clash of a cyclonic storm bashing into the rare East Moving Siberian Cold Front.

Similar to the "the Weather Bomb" only a kind of backward (we also have the Atlantic air trying to push back the Eastern air and crashing into both of the other fronts).

I gather the Arctic really is 20 degrees above normal which is supposed to be doing weird things to the jet stream, I just didn't realize how widespread the weird was.

Everyone on the East and West Coasts stay safe. Bardu great minds, I've got beans soaking too; I can do them either in the crockpot or on the turf stove if we lose power tomorrow.
    Some smoked pork hocks/knuckles would be nice with those beans?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
    Some smoked pork hocks/knuckles would be nice with those beans?
    Yep, if my housemate just wasn't a vegetarian; instead I'm probably going to experiment with a recipe I saw online involving apples and chile - if we hate it, there is always the chickens...at least I have some really good organic vegetarian stock cubes in nice flavors; it makes stuff edible though I still prefer it with the pork meat or chicken broth in it.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

Oh just lovely.......we are about six miles from the water so no flooding at our house but we have friends that might be in trouble....

Quote Originally Posted by CapeCMom View Post
    Oh just lovely.......we are about six miles from the water so no flooding at our house but we have friends that might be in trouble....
    I was wondering if you'd check in. Be careful anyway, this doesn't look too pretty.

-----------------

Jim Powers
    ‏ @JRNYJim
    37s37 seconds ago

Oh boy! Is it another #BombCyclone or #bombogenesis or a #noreaster for #NYC area? Either way, #1010WINS & @accuweather keep you updated. #StayTuned.
    Attached Images

Wow, what a weather alert! Get to higher ground; you'll gonna DIE!! Glad I don't live along the north eastern seaboard. Will be praying for everyone's safety.

We're looking at a little snow to go along with 60-70 mph wind speeds tomorrow morning in the DC metro area. Those winds are supposed to subside early Saturday morning...
    Snow AND high winds. Hope it isn't like the derecho we endured in 2012-that storm pulled up trees and tore down power lines all over the area.
    Oh joy-And I work outside. Better nail myself down so I don't blow away......

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post
    Mike Stone
    ‏Verified account @MikeStoneCBS6
    15m15 minutes ago

Wind speeds will turn much stronger early Friday, and a good portion of #Virginia is under a high wind warning with the potential for power outages. The storm will have a major impact on the NE US. Here's what to expect:
    http://ow.ly/ug4L30iHyeB #VAwx #RVA #noreaster

http://wtvr.com/2018/03/01/major-nor...form=hootsuite

Not a good time to be on Nantucket Island, I'm thinking. Glad I'm out of Hartford, Connecticut.
    Somewhere in the clouds, Your peak is shining, Have courage and go
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc_cqbxF0cg

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaMan View Post
    We're looking at a little snow to go along with 60-70 mph wind speeds tomorrow morning in the DC metro area. Those winds are supposed to subside early Saturday morning...
    Snow AND high winds. Hope it isn't like the derecho we endured in 2012-that storm pulled up trees and tore down power lines all over the area.
    Oh joy-And I work outside. Better nail myself down so I don't blow away......
    Don't tie yourself to something that can get knocked over or blown away. Don't want to read that AlfaMan went a'sailing like one of those Circus human cannonballs!