Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

PRYR RQST Saying goodbye to my girl Bella today - UPDATE, post 67 - PICS ADDED
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Saying goodbye to my girl Bella today - UPDATE, post 67 - PICS ADDED

Well shit. I don't know what else to say except I've done everything I can financially and prayerfully. Bella will cross the rainbow bridge today. It was a fluke thing and we just can't let her suffer and I don't have 1000's to pay for surgery.

Someday I will tell you the story but right now it is way too painful. Please especially keep Katie in mind as she is taking the blame for what happened and was already suffering from severe depression before this. I am worried about her.

God bless you sweet Bella. Say hi to Mike and give him a kiss from me.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by annieosage; 03-01-2018 at 07:07 PM.
    At peace in the arms of Jesus. RIP my love until we meet again.

Sorry for your loss.
    Thy will be done...

So very sorry and prayers going up for you all. Our DD went through this before Thanksgiving, and now has a shelter pup as a new family member. We're watching our near 11 year old dog now, knowing that he may not have much more than a year left. They really do fill our lives with love.

I am so sorry! Praying for you both!

Annie, I'm so sorry.

Damnit.
    You guys just don't deserve this!
    I am sad, mad and frustrated for you both!!!!

My prayers and thoughts with you.

I am sorry for your loss.
    ...that those "who having no appeal on earth to right them, they are left to the only remedy in such cases, an appeal to heaven." ~ John Locke
    *~* Appeal to Heaven *~*
    ~Prepare for Our Valley Forge~

Sorry for your loss
    Would someone please let me know how we have spun out of control?
    Has the captain let go of the wheel?
    Or could we please try to find a way to be a bit more kind?
    I see the road to tomorrow in the haze - Queensryche

I'm so sorry to hear this!! Bella looks like a sweet pup! Love her as much as you can while she's here, and know that your love is sending her to her forever home where she won't hurt anymore.

Then cherish your many memories with her. And maybe, someday soon, you can save another pup's life and fill it with love.

Hugs to all of you!! Prayers going up, too!!

(((Annie!!))) (((Katie!!))) (((Bella!!!)))
    "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."
    Proverbs 3:5-6

I am so sorry to hear this. Bella is the sweetest looking fur baby. You are in my prayers.

Hugs,
    Susan

I'm so very sorry to hear this. Prayers for you all.

My prayers for you Annie and your daughter.
    I once was blind but now I see!...
    Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12 In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.”

Prayers.
    "One day I will leave this world and dream myself to Reality" Crazy Horse

Awwww. It's part of pet ownership, but still so sad and hard to say goodby. No grief quite like it.

I am so sorry Annie. Life just stinks sometimes.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Proverbs 16:9

Awww, such a cutie. Prayers for you both in this difficult time. Now, off to dry my eyes...................
    Patriot Guard rider
    www.patriotguard.org

Prayers, it is so difficult to do the right thing sometimes. She looks just like my daughter's dog.
    God is pro-life!

Prayers sent for you. And prayers sent for Katie. No blame required. Peace ya'll
    "One Shot, Twelve Kills - U.S. Naval Gun Fire Support "

Prayers said for both of you.

Aw, what a bright happy face. Annie I'm so sorry you are losing her, but it looks like you gave her all the love she could want.

Prayers for you both.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in.

("Anthem" by Leonard Cohen)

I contacted Annie and after discussing what's wrong with Bella (and her age), am going to cover the cost of the surgery.

If any of you want to kick in a few bux to help out, feel free, either through the board PayPal account or via snail mail.

She should be on the way to the vet with her right now.

ETA: Compared to what Hermione's vet bills have been over the past 2 months, this bill is essentially "tipping money" (sigh).

Bless you Dennis, so sweet, made me tear up.

Thank you Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by rockcreek View Post
    Bless you Dennis, so sweet, made me tear up.
    ^^ +1
    Therefore be ye also ready; for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Matt. 24:44

Thank you so much, Dennis! Bella is adorable, praying for a great outcome and rapid healing.
    Every Time History Repeats Itself The Price Goes Up.

Send a little via PayPal to help Dennis help Annie.
    "Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

After all the love, emotional AND financial help you've given to Hermione and me, it's really just paying it forward.

My vet's clinic has a 'special' fund.

Don't know how many vet's offices have such a thing - maybe not many...

It was set up to cover things such as this.

Anyone who is unable to pay for surgery, labs, meds is now covered.

We just don't want pets and their families to 'do without' because they can't afford something our vet can offer them.

We rely on the vet's help with the managing of this and several families have used the fund. The money is held in a 'separate' account.

Maybe others can get such a fund going at their vet's office...makes a wonderful way to help animals!

G-d bless you Dennis! What a wonderful way to 'pass it forward'!
    "Apres la Guerre."

I don't do this stuff for self-aggrandizement or "points in heaven." (Yes, I've paid people's vet bills before in years past.) I do it because we're all each other has in this world. Who among us hasn't been in a truly terrible situation with no time or money to deal with it? How is it fair or right to let them or their beloved suffer? This world hands us horrors every single day. We have to stick together as best we can.

Each of us, when possible, can practice random acts of kindness. It makes life worth living and eases the burdens and pain of others. That's reason enough.

And I'm as conservative as it gets.

Thank you, Dennis, and those who can help, from all of us who love our pets. Bless you.

Hope to hear good news from the vet, and a better future for that sweet dog.

Sent a little via Paypal. Thanks, Dennis.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    I don't do this stuff for self-aggrandizement or "points in heaven." .
    Why not? Jesus Himself told us to store up treasures in heaven, because that's where our hearts would be. And how else do you get that earthly treasure up to heaven except by charity?

Why not? Because we're all dead but for Christ. Only through Him can we return to our Father. All the good deeds in the world are meaningless if one is already lost. And for those who aren't, deeds aren't "needed" to return to Him. I do stuff like this (the relatively few times in my life when I CAN) because it's the right thing to do. And that's really the long and short of it. On my day of Judgment, I'll still fall on my face before God in humble supplication for the weak sinner that I am. His will, not mine, KWIM?

Annie was desperate. She was going to lose her heart dog, over MONEY. At this particular moment in time, I could help. (Most times in my life, all I could do would be to offer condolences.)

There really are no "points in heaven." We make points in our own hearts.

Thank you everyone so much for your prayers and help. My Bella will be having surgery today and possibly home this evening or in the morning depending on how it goes.

Last night I had no hope. She was bleeding from her nose, mouth, and butt along with a mixture of activated charcoal the vet had given her with some barium in the hopes she would some how pass whatever this is. I can tell you my house looks like a crime scene from the blood and other fun fluids everywhere. But it's all good and this morning I took her in after hearing from Dennis.

I'm home now cleaning up and waiting for their call. I have a carpet cleaner but will need to have the professionally steamed I am sure.

I appreciate you all so much and am in tears and humbled by the generosity and love on this board. Henry by the way is distraught. When I crated him when we left he was howling and crying. When I came back he destroyed his crate but didn't escape thank God. Poor guy doesn't understand what is happening.

Prayers for a successful surgery for Bella.

Prayers said for Bella and all of you.

When all this broke, I was in the midst of transporting Hermione to the PT lady. We were in central Austin rush hour traffic. (Anyone who knows Austin knows what a horror that is.) I couldn't even think about the issue until after I'd dropped her off for the day. Then I was driving back when Annie and I were trying to communicate through PMs. It wasn't much fun. I had no place at all to pull off the road, which impacted how fast I could talk to her. It would have been on my conscience had she had Bella put down because I was stuck in insane traffic...

God Bless YOU Dennis and Annie!!!!
    JOHN 3:16 / John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE.

Dennis, just sent you a PayPal for Annie...God Bless, Brother!

Bella is in surgery now. Just waiting on the outcome. Hoping no damage to her intestines.

This community is the best!!

Michael
    "Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character; and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man." Arthur Schopenhauer

"In this life, if you have anything to pardon, pardon quickly. Slow forgiveness is little better than no forgiveness." Sir Arthur W. Pinero

"Only one life, that soon is passed, only what's done with love, will last.." author unknown