Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

BRKG Wtf? Missing skier turns up 2900 miles away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wtf? Missing skier turns up 2900 miles away.

http://www.mynbc5.com/article/missin...ornia/17764938

WILMINGTON, N.Y. —
    A skier missing from Whiteface Mountain has been found in California.

New York State Police said Constantinos “Danny” Filippidis, 49, of Toronto, was found 2,900 miles away Tuesday in Sacramento.

Advertisement
    Filippidis was reported missing last Wednesday by friends who said he could not be found as the resort was closing.

His belongings were found at the lodge and his car was still in the parking lot.

Since then, hundreds of volunteers have spent about 7,000 hours combing the mountain.

Crews used K-9s and helicopters as part of the search.

The steep and icy terrain make the search even more challenging.

Filippidis made contact with law enforcement officers in Sacramento.

He was reported to be in good health.

The circumstances of Filippidis' disappearance remain under investigation.

Officials have not said why he went missing.

Before Tuesday, police said they had no reason to believe Filippidis was not on the mountain.

The Department of Homeland Security, New York State Police, New York Department of Conservation, United States Customs and Border Protection and officials in Toronto assisted with the search.

Filippidis is a married father of two and a 28-year veteran Toronto firefighter.

He had been skiing with a group of firefighters and retired firefighters.

Toronto Professional Firefighters Local 3888 President Frank Ramagano answered reporters' questions Tuesday evening.

He said Filippidis was found confused and unable to answer questions as to how he got to California.

Ramagano said Filippidis was receiving medical care after calling his wife and then 911.

Filippidis was found alone.

Ramagano said Filippidis did not have a history of mental illness or substance abuse.

He said Filippidis was found wearing the same ski gear, including the helmet and goggles, he was last seen in when he was reported missing.

State police did not say if Filippidis would face criminal charges.

Officials have not said how he traveled to Sacramento.

Ramagano said he did not believe Filippidis flew because he left his identification at Whiteface.

The state has not said how much the search for Filippidis cost.

A press conference was scheduled for Wednesday. More information about the case was expected to be released then.
    Attached Images

Beyond bizarre! Can't wait to hear the story that comes out of this!
    Visit my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/TheCrochetFarm

If we aren't showing love, His love, then what are we doing calling ourselves Christians?

Psalm 73: 25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
    26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.

Knowing Whiteface and environs, getting himself out of the area and off to Cali is gonna be a REAL interesting story.
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

There you go, alien abduction! Dr`s need to check if he was probed in an uncomfortable manner.

Passed out in the baggage compartment of a tour bus?

Psychotic break and hitchhiked?

Got into a scuffle with a guy who had two heads and three arms?
    E Deploribus Unum

Oderint dum metuant

Every day is a JDAM day

Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver View Post
    http://www.mynbc5.com/article/missin...ornia/17764938

State police did not say if Filippidis would face criminal charges.
    I'm curious about that statement. Criminal charges for what? Is there some sort of law that says one must get permission before travelling? I assume it wasn't Filippidis who called for a search of himself.

Anyway, very intriguing story.
    "Doom is always a day away..."

Quote Originally Posted by The Mountain View Post
    Passed out in the baggage compartment of a tour bus?

Psychotic break and hitchhiked?

Got into a scuffle with a guy who had two heads and three arms?
    No reason to go off the deep end of conspiracy theories

Simply meet a hippy chick and they tripped out for a few days

Then she discovered he was a “stiff” and dumped him

Would explain why he didn’t need to change clothes

Picked up by aliens and dropped off in California. How else would anyone travel that distance in ski gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Panner View Post
    Picked up by aliens and dropped off in California. How else would anyone travel that distance in ski gear.

and that is very weird. still in the ski gear.

WTF is right.

can't wait to hear this one
    float like a butterfly...

Quote Originally Posted by jba48 View Post
    I'm curious about that statement. Criminal charges for what? Is there some sort of law that says one must get permission before travelling? I assume it wasn't Filippidis who called for a search of himself.

If he had no passport he entered the country illegally...Will have to wait and see what the excuse becomes....

This is an odd one. Wednesday - Tuesday ~6 days. Point to point drive 2.5 days driving hard. 4 taking it easy assuming good weather. No car, ID, or means to pay his way, definitely odd anyway it goes.
    Facts?? We don't need no stinkin facts...

Classic case of space alien abduction.

They talk about cases like this a lot on
    Coast To Coast AM.

He is lucky they didn't kill him.

Please be safe everyone.

Regards to all deplorables.

Nowski
    "Read everything, listen to everyone, believe absolutely nothing,
    unless you can prove it with your own research." Milton William Cooper

"Life is a glass, half empty, of spoiled milk, sitting in a bed of thorns." Nowski

Averaging 500 miles a day is a pretty good pace, and to do it in the same set of clothes? That would be a pair of underwear you'd probably want to just throw out.

Very strange indeed.

Lost Weekend. Ray Maland a classic film

Recreational chemicals.

Skied into a portal; exiting out in Sacramento.....time traveler of some sorts.....very weird story. hope we hear the explanation....

Yep. Definitely weird.
    Disappeared from the slopes.
    Car in the lot.
    All his stuff including IDs in hotel room.
    Veteran firefighter there with his buddies skiing.
    Earlier article I read when he went missing did not seem to indicate any of his coharts were missing. To indicate he left with someone.

Weird things happen.

I have experienced a certain item disappearing right in front of me in a weird electrical swirl of blue and green little lights.

Just like you would see during a Yuwipi ceremony.

When the swirling neon colors stopped, the item was gone.

The next day, it ended up at a home two blocks away from where I and a member here Resq'd lived as children.

This certain item ended up in a house where the family had just moved in the day before, Dr. Easterbrook's house.

I will Never forget that. V

There it was! My mom *Knew* what had happened due to the 'high strangeness' that happens in our family. V

Quote Originally Posted by jba48 View Post

So they can send him the bill for hundreds of hours of search team's.

He ventured into The Twilight Zone, obviously.

They will evaluate evidence we do not have yet to determine whether or not the search was due to a hoax or an actual disappearance....

If hoax, he's gonna be on the hook for the bills, which will not be a small number of FRNs....
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

Drugged and kidnapped - you don't really need aliens to do that, just the right set of bad hombres. The helmet and goggles this is a nice touch.

Officials have not said why he went missing.........

I wonder what they are hiding.

He could have simply been abducted by some people thinking he was worth something. He could have met a woman who he went to have a fling with and got drugged and kidnapped. I could imagine several more possibilities.
    "I shall not be a victim. I shall not be a perpetrator. Above all, I shall not be a bystander."

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post
    They will evaluate evidence we do not have yet to determine whether or not the search was due to a hoax or an actual disappearance....

If hoax, he's gonna be on the hook for the bills, which will not be a small number of FRNs....
    My first thought, this has to be a joke. The person got his "15 minutes of Fame".

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Cobra View Post
    I wonder what they are hiding.
    Could have seen something he wasn't susposed to, but they usually don't bother with the transport for something like that.
    Facts?? We don't need no stinkin facts...

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra Gypsy View Post
    Skied into a portal; exiting out in Sacramento.....time traveler of some sorts.....very weird story. hope we hear the explanation....
    ^^^CERN^^^

Working with a new satellite?

There are any number of acute medical crisis that could have a been a physical reason for him to suddenly start behaving strangely and in an apparently unreasoning, illogical manner. Just a DVT clot moved to a certain portion of the brain could suddenly sever all access to reality for him.

I SAW it happen with my mother, thankfully it passed instantly when I insisted the doctors withdraw the blood pressure medications they were giving her for her stroke, allow the crisis level high blood pressure to continue while only just giving her clot busters, Her sanity and link to reality returned as soon as her blood pressure climbed back up. She recovered COMPLETELY two days later under that treatment, her blood pressure returned to normal without medication after the clot was busted, and she had absolutely NO lingering stroke damage whatsoever. They at first told me she was gonna die.
    By Faith and Trust GET IN the Ark of God's SALVATION,
    sent for YOU, which is the BODY of Christ Jesus, his Son,
    without which NO one comes to the Father(Heaven),but through him.

"He said Filippidis was found wearing the same ski gear, including the helmet and goggles, he was last seen in when he was reported missing."

Quite an outfit to wear for almost 3000 miles.

"He had been skiing with a group of firefighters and retired firefighters."

IF this involves some sort of mid-life crisis temporary insanity, someone in this group knows or suspects as much. I can't imagine that group condoning a large scale search without truly being afraid something bad had happened. WEIRD
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

Hmmm, supposedly he disappeared right off the mountain:

*snip*

Filippidis, 49, is a captain and a 28-year veteran with the Toronto city fire department and was an an annual ski trip to Lake Placid and Whiteface with other firefighters, current and retired. Ramagnano has said the last any of them saw of Filippidis was Wednesday afternoon at the busy ski resort when he told a friend he wanted to make one last run. After the ski center closed at 4 p.m., his friends found a bag with his shoes in the lodge and his vehicle in the parking lot, but they couldn’t find him.

http://www.adirondackdailyenterprise...in-california/
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Did he still have ski boots on!!!? That's almost as bad as Kevin Costner's character in Waterworld!

Those them thar wormholes can be quite sneaky at times - dangerous too, if they end up in Cali............... Think of the de-toxing he would need after being in that environment!!!
    sb
    Scarletbreasted

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletbreasted View Post
    Those them thar wormholes can be quite sneaky at times - dangerous too, if they end up in Cali............... Think of the de-toxing he would need after being in that environment!!!
    sb
    We'll probably never know what really happened, but I looked and there's hardly any reported UFO activity up there or the nearby town, so maybe it was something like a time portal opened up in front of him. Would explain his being confused. Very odd.
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post
    We'll probably never know what really happened, but I looked and there's hardly any reported UFO activity up there or the nearby town, so maybe it was something like a time portal opened up in front of him. Would explain his being confused. Very odd.
    ^^^ This ^^^
    The most important days in a persons life are the day they were born and the day they find out why!

Quote Originally Posted by DazedandConfused View Post
    ^^^ This ^^^
    Yes, it would be interesting to know exactly where he first showed up at. Says Sacramento, but where, huge area. Did he reappear in the Sierras just above Sac? There is areas just east of Sac. That is loaded with gold, granite, and even huge crystals. From a elevation of 5000+- feet is just a two hour or less drive to Sacramento.

Here is a area that is close to Sacramento as the Crow fly..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desolation_Wilderness

Quote..."The Crystal Range is within the wilderness area, with Pyramid Peak as the highest point in the range and the wilderness at 9,985 feet (3,043 m)[5] in elevation. Among the many waterfalls within the wilderness is Horsetail Falls."

I've spent days in this area just injoying it. At the lowest western areas it's about the same in elevation as the ski resort he disappeared at.
    Last edited by West; 02-14-2018 at 05:38 AM.

There was a TV program in the early 60's called One Step Beyond. There was an episode on this very subject.

Tennessee's version of Gotham (Knoxville)
    Maybe, he was a deep cover agent or something and required a debrief? Or he had vital knowledge the alphabets needed? The actions, timing, placement, location, would all fit well with a disappearance and relocation of the individual...
    1 Corinthians 18:20 “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
    the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

Popov vodka caused me to lose 3 days back in my college years. I felt like I had traveled 3000 miles.

Maybe a "fugue state"? Breaking Bad fans know the deal...
    If it were up to me being a lawyer would be an automatic disqualification from political office.

Quote Originally Posted by ainitfunny View Post
    There are any number of acute medical crisis that could have a been a physical reason for him to suddenly start behaving strangely and in an apparently unreasoning, illogical manner. Just a DVT clot moved to a certain portion of the brain could suddenly sever all access to reality for him.

I SAW it happen with my mother, thankfully it passed instantly when I insisted the doctors withdraw the blood pressure medications they were giving her for her stroke, allow the crisis level high blood pressure to continue while only just giving her clot busters, Her sanity and link to reality returned as soon as her blood pressure climbed back up. She recovered COMPLETELY two days later under that treatment, her blood pressure returned to normal without medication after the clot was busted, and she had absolutely NO lingering stroke damage whatsoever. They at first told me she was gonna die.
    Pretty damned hard to travel almost 3,000 miles *without ID* or (apparently) cash or credit cards, dressed in full skiing kit, while non compos mentis and not have *someone* notice something!

The search was all over the MSM... you'd think if someone had given this "out of it" guy in his ski clothes a ride completely cross country, at some point, if only from hearing something on the radio or seeing a headline at a truck stop, it would have occurred to them to think (and ask), "hey! Were you, by chance, skiing with some friends on Whiteface when you suddenly decided to hitchhike to California? "

Can't wait for the explanation on this one-assuming there is one!- to come out!

Summerthyme