Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CRIME Texas: Jury awards family $8 million in daughter's missing body case (from funeral home)
+ Reply to Thread

2 Texas: Jury awards family $8 million in daughter's missing body case (from funeral home)

(((shudder)))

Spectrum News SA
    ‏Verified account @SpecNewsSA
    2m2 minutes ago

#BREAKING Jury awards family of #JulieMott $8 Million after body disappeared from #SanAntonio funeral home in 2015:

February 13, 2018 @4:29 PM

SAN ANTONIO -- A jury has awarded $8 million to the family of Julie Mott after their daughter's body disappeared from a funeral home in 2015.

The verdict was not unanimous with only 10 jurors signing.

The jury awarded $2.5 million to each of Julie Mott's parents for "mental anguish sustained in the past" and an additional $1.5 million was awarded to each parent for "mental anguish that, in reasonable probability, will be sustained in the future." The jury found that the funeral home was negligent, but not grossly negligent.

Julie Mott’s family sued Mission Park Funeral Home for negligence after her body disappeared from the Mission Park Funeral Chapel on the northside in 2015. Mott died at the age of 25 from complications from cystic fibrosis.

Her remains were to be cremated, however, her body was taken following a memorial service and the remains are still missing.

http://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/san-...sing-body-case
    Attached Images
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

So the funeral home closes, walks away and THEN what?

In what universe is this even CLOSE to appropriate. No, it is most certainly not "Right" but how does $8 million FRN's fix an unfixable situation???
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

Well, it's a lesson to all funeral homes everywhere:

DON'T LOSE THE BODY. EVER.
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post

In what universe is this even CLOSE to appropriate. No, it is most certainly not "Right" but how does $8 million FRN's fix an unfixable situation???
    judgments like this are meant to send a message to others .

Yep, they ARE pour encourage` les autres....

But simply closing your doors, letting the business go to auction means you, the owner of the JUDGEMENT don't get squat...which is why folks incorporate in the first place....
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

As bad as this sounds I hope this was a case involving the medical/science "body trade" and not "something else"....

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post

It is obvious that the funeral home is incompetent so bankrupting them is not a bad thing. It keeps them from loosing another set of remains and sends a message to other funeral parlors to make sure they don't loose a body or remains.

One - it will get appealed. The judgement will get lowered. Happens on a regular basis. Two - unless the owner was a complete idjit, they had insurance that will pay most of it. So the plaintiffs will get some money. And yes, the funeral home will likely close because they will have to pay what the insurance doesn't and probably won't be able to get insurance again.
    Please, come say Hi! and share your experience/knowledge. I love to learn.

http://survivingtothrivin.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Housecarl View Post
    As bad as this sounds I hope this was a case involving the medical/science "body trade" and not "something else"....
    Don't read this post...

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post
    Well, it's a lesson to all funeral homes everywhere:

DON'T LOSE THE BODY. EVER.
    They didn't "lose" it...

Something much more evil happened...

Lawyers questioned business owners about a subcontractor whose Facebook “profile picture shows two men singing, with a cover photo of a dark figure eating a severed limb, surrounded by headstones with the names of bandmates above the words ‘homicidal necrophile’.”

Oxford Dictionary defines necrophilia as “Sexual intercourse with or attraction towards corpses.”

According to an article from the San Antonio Express-News, the subcontractor plays in a band called “Flesh Hoarder”, which is described on his Facebook page as “brutal death metal.”

During the trial on Tuesday, an owner of the company which embalmed Julie Mott, Beyer & Beitel Mortuary Services, was asked about their employee, Nicholas Moreno.

The attorney for the parents asked the embalming company, “He’s testified he’s into Satan,” “Did you know that?” He also stated that “He posts satanic pictures.” Frederick Beyer reportedly responded, “It’s all fantasy. He’s worked with me for years. He’s one of the sweetest guys.

The funeral home says it does not perform background checks on hires.
    http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2018/...say-attorneys/

Here is the "sweetest guy"...

FLESH HOARDER "Ejaculating On The Faces Of The Aborted"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ35U3QwER8

If I was the father of this girl, this scumbag would meet a swift end as I cannot even imagine what REALLY happened to her body.
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared

"You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson

I am known for my "snotty gibberish", aren't I?

Not familiar with the story. But where the hell did the body go?

Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver View Post
    Not familiar with the story. But where the hell did the body go?

Its a dead end crime and she may be laying in some chest freezer somewhere for we know.

This world is just sick. Sick!! I am glad the family were rewarded so much even though it doesn't give them peace about her body. At least the funeral home won't make the same mistake again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    Don't read this post...

They didn't "lose" it...

Something much more evil happened...

Lawyers questioned business owners about a subcontractor whose Facebook “profile picture shows two men singing, with a cover photo of a dark figure eating a severed limb, surrounded by headstones with the names of bandmates above the words ‘homicidal necrophile’.”

Oxford Dictionary defines necrophilia as “Sexual intercourse with or attraction towards corpses.”

According to an article from the San Antonio Express-News, the subcontractor plays in a band called “Flesh Hoarder”, which is described on his Facebook page as “brutal death metal.”

During the trial on Tuesday, an owner of the company which embalmed Julie Mott, Beyer & Beitel Mortuary Services, was asked about their employee, Nicholas Moreno.

The attorney for the parents asked the embalming company, “He’s testified he’s into Satan,” “Did you know that?” He also stated that “He posts satanic pictures.” Frederick Beyer reportedly responded, “It’s all fantasy. He’s worked with me for years. He’s one of the sweetest guys.

The funeral home says it does not perform background checks on hires.
    http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2018/...say-attorneys/

Here is the "sweetest guy"...

FLESH HOARDER "Ejaculating On The Faces Of The Aborted"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ35U3QwER8

If I was the father of this girl, this scumbag would meet a swift end as I cannot even imagine what REALLY happened to her body.
    Merde.......

Well, my mother died and the funeral home was supposed to cremate her body and give the ashes to my sister. She made several calls and they never returned her calls. Then, one day someone from the CA Dept. of Funeral Homes or something like that, calls her and tells her they found my mother's body in a storage unit, with numerous other bodies in a nearby town!!!!!! Try hearing someone tell you about their dearly departed????? Our family was devastated......funeral home went belly up.....never able to sue the pants off them....terrible ending.......very traumatic.......that was a number of years ago.

locally here is a crematorium on a native reserve.

I drive by it once a week and have never seen it open

no driveway plowed.

no lights on

If it was the body of one of my family members I would find out where it was at! I would start at the last known place and me and a rope and box of 30d nails would start asking questions till I got the info I needed. You take and tie the first person involved up to a tree by the neck and drive nails thru their body into tree till ya get the answers you seek. If they don't know or won't talk keep driving nails till they are dead and then move onto the next, someone will talk.

If and when you do find the answers does not mean they are getting off the tree it just means justice was served.
    The most important days in a persons life are the day they were born and the day they find out why!

Ragnarok, my senses told me this is what happened to her when I first heard the story when it happened. When you posted background of the sicko who works there, and the funeral director who stands up for him, I was certain that there were at least two in that mortuary who knew exactly where Ms. Mott's body went and what happened to it after it left. I can't imagine what her poor family is going through, as I'm sure they have heard rumors.

My condolences on the trauma your family went through Tundra Gypsy, that is absolutely so wrong.
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty. II Cor. 3:17