Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

POL President Trump Congratulates Log Cabin Republicans on 40th Anniversary
+ Reply to Thread

President Trump Congratulates Log Cabin Republicans on 40th Anniversary

President Trump Congratulates Log Cabin Republicans on 40th Anniversary (*fair use)

by Charlie Nash 18 Jan 2018

President Trump congratulated the Log Cabin Republicans, the largest group representing LGBT conservatives, on their fortieth anniversary in a letter this week.

“I send my congratulations to the Log Cabin Republicans on the celebration of your 40th anniversary,” wrote President Trump in his letter to the LGBT Republican group. “We are a Nation founded on the undeniable truth that all of us are created equal. We are equal in the eyes of our Creator. We are equal under the law. And we are all equal under our Constitution.”

“No matter the color of our skin or our sexual orientation, we all live under the same laws, salute the same great American flag, and are made in the image of the same Almighty God. As we write the next great chapter of our Nation, we reaffirm our commitment to these fundamental truths and will work to ensure that all Americans live in a country where they feel safe and where their opportunities are limitless,” the president concluded. “Melania joins me in sending our best wishes during this special milestone.”

A picture of the letter was posted to the Log Cabin Republicans’ official Twitter account on Wednesday, while Richard Grenell, President Trump’s nominee for ambassador to Germany, announced on Twitter that he’s “waited a long time to have a GOP President with this kind of leadership.”

Grenell, who was nominated to be the ambassador to Germany in September 2017, will be the highest-ranking openly gay government official in US history, reporting directly to the Secretary of State, if his position is confirmed by the Senate.

Richard Grenell
    ✔ @RichardGrenell

Thank you, @realDonaldTrump. I’ve waited a long time to have a GOP President with this kind of leadership. https://twitter.com/logcabingop/stat...44452438036480

6:23 PM - Jan 17, 2018
    220 people are talking about this
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...h-anniversary/
    Psalm 16:11 (NKJV) You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Wow, I'm impressed and very happy Mr. Trump has done this! When I worked at the US Attorney's office in San Francisco quite a few of the employees (including a number of the attorneys) were members; a person's sexual orientation doesn't automatically make them a liberal, especially gay men and lesbians who are business owners/professionals are often conservative in financial matters, even if they are more liberal when it comes to social views (sort of like me in many ways).
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

So how many votes - and how essential are they - does Trump gain by pandering to the sodomites and lesbians of “fiscal conservative” persuasions?

Seems to me that the perverse end of the spectrum of the American populaton is the prime mover in the anti-Christian/ anti-traditional push in American culture/politics.
    ” Watch ye therefore and pray always that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass and to stand before the Son of Man”
    Luke 21:36

COLLAPSE NOW: avoid the rush

What two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedroom is not my concern.
    If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas Parker View Post
    What two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedroom is not my concern.
    Mine neither, but when they demand legalizing sodomite marriage, it sure does wander into realms of my concern.
    When they demand teaching in our schools to our children that same sex activity is normal, that affects me and mine too.
    ” Watch ye therefore and pray always that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass and to stand before the Son of Man”

So he wants fags to vote for him. Big freaking deal.
    https://soundcloud.com/user-309670005
    Audio Bhagavad Gita downloadable

This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed.

Quote Originally Posted by jed turtle View Post
    Mine neither, but when they demand legalizing sodomite marriage, it sure does wander into realms of my concern.
    When they demand teaching in our schools to our children that same sex activity is normal, that affects me and mine too.
    The vow we make before God is NOT the same as the legal contract you sign with the state.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

^^^^^What he said!
    Alea iacta est! We have crossed the Rubicon.
    Proud member of the Nowski Brigade!

So is it the case that as a Christian I am supposed to support things that are sin, according to the Bible?

Values shouldn't be connected to political party sides, anyway, and I really think that is dumb. From what I understand, it was started in the 70's, and upholding LBGTQ values is connected to the left...of course.

I firmly believe that the above group is an oxymoron, in any case. Republicans are supposed to be "conservative."

Are there "log cabin" democrats? Why the term "log cabin," anyway? Maybe I am naïve, but how come that is used to describe "for gayness?" I have been around the block a few times, but don't know everything!
    Psalm 16:11 (NKJV) You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by TammyinWI View Post
    So is it the case that as a Christian I am supposed to support things that are sin, according to the Bible?

Values shouldn't be connected to political party sides, anyway, and I really think that is dumb. From what I understand, it was started in the 70's, and upholding LBGTQ values is connected to the left...of course.

I firmly believe that the above group is an oxymoron, in any case. Republicans are supposed to be "conservative."

Are there "log cabin" democrats? Why the term "log cabin," anyway? Maybe I am naïve, but how come that is used to describe "for gayness?" I have been around the block a few times, but don't know everything!
    Connected to the term “logs”- colloquial term for products of defecation, coming from an organ which has captured the sexual fascination of such perverts...

Quote Originally Posted by Be Well View Post
    So he wants fags to vote for him. Big freaking deal.
    This kind of an event further be devils the Dems figuring out their next moves. Regardless of this group's orientation, that community as a whole has been assumed by the Dems as an automatic vote...they can't assume anything anymore...

I agree. It is between them and God. I only have issues with it when they insist on getting special treatment and indoctrination of the population to look to them as shining examples of what should be (Tommy has 2 daddy's crap).

Quote Originally Posted by jed turtle View Post
    Connected to the term “logs”- colloquial term for products of defecation, coming from an organ which has captured the sexual fascination of such perverts...
    How ironic that you quote Bible versus and spew hate at the same time.
    Most psychiatrists would tell you that such unreasonable and all consuming fear of anything homosexual is because you see and fear those same tendencies to that behavior in yourself.

Google is your friend, or at least it should be your teacher.
    According to their website, the California group initially proposed to name themselves Lincoln Club, but found that name was already in use by another California Republican organization. Thus, an alternate name was chosen that still invoked the memory of President Lincoln: Log Cabin Republicans because Lincoln was born in a log cabin and believed in liberty and equality for everyone.
    "When you're dead, you don't even know you're dead.
    It's difficult only for others.
    It's the same when you're stupid."

Good grief people, the name Log Cabin Club comes from Abraham Lincoln's Log Cabin and the idea that the Republican Party is supposed to be a "Big Tent."

As for conservative vs. liberal; I can state from personal experience and acquaintance that some gay men, especially business owners, professionals and executive types can give Ronald Reagan a run for his money when it comes to conservative views in terms of money, business practices, taxes and the like.

There are also lots of gays and lesbian Libertarians who if they associate with a mainstream party prefer the Republicans to the Democrats, especially the older style of "Big Tent or Log Cabin" Republican (in the older sense of those terms).

They are not all wealthy either, I am thinking right now of the boyfriend my close friend from college had when we were all living in California -the guy was from a founding pioneer family in the Sierras, wore flannels, had hobbies like deer hunting (with both bow and rifles) and was quite Libertarian in his political views.

The idea of the "Big Tent" is that there is room in the Republican Party for everyone from Evangelical Christians to Log Cabin Republicans; some of the views expressed here are why while I no longer consider myself a Democrat (besides the required registration for oversea's voting in the primaries) I have yet to bring myself to join the Republican party.

Gay Conservatives are not restricted to the USA, Ireland's current Prime Minister is an openly gay man but most of the criticism he gets has nothing to do with his sexual orientation but the fact that he is otherwise quite conservative, especially in terms of spending.

People are complicated and don't always fit into boxes, there is often a difference between who you expect to see at Church and whom may show up at a political rally.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

TerryK we cross posted, thanks for posting the google write up!

40 years, huh?
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    Wow, I'm impressed and very happy Mr. Trump has done this! When I worked at the US Attorney's office in San Francisco quite a few of the employees (including a number of the attorneys) were members; a person's sexual orientation doesn't automatically make them a liberal, especially gay men and lesbians who are business owners/professionals are often conservative in financial matters, even if they are more liberal when it comes to social views (sort of like me in many ways).
    I'm glad he did too.

Quote Originally Posted by wobble View Post
    I'm glad he did too.
    Me too.