Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

BRKG SYRIAN ARMY FIRES ON ADVANCING TURKISH MILITARY COLUMNS
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    IC Afrinresistanceţ @ICafrinresist · 6h6 hours ago

Till now there is a high number of losses among the turkish soldiers and the members of their affiliated jihadist groups. Every day heavy clashes, even severel tanks have been destroyed. Like we see in this video, people getting killed. But till now Turkey is hidding his losses.

Who is IC Afrinresistance

Direct daily news from Afrin and Northern Syria We are available via email IC.afrinresistance@gmail.com

4 US coalition forces has conducted an airstrike against pro Syrian regime

(link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVd6f9uW4AMzXhY.jpg:large) pbs.twimg.com/media/DVd6f9uW…

JUST IN: 'Unprovoked attack' by Syrian pro-regime forces prompts Coalition defensive strikes -...
    breaking911.comhttps://t.co/JfAmStydBx?amp=1

DIRECT COMBAT BETWEEN US FORCES AND SYRIAN FORCES

Hmm, HERE WE GO! I trust your whiskey supply is fully prepped, Daniel Boon!
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available for sale at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

Ready to go Doug and I have rum for good measure.

Seriously, why does Doomer Doug have his doomer senses SCREAMING it is all about to hit the fan. The Uranium One testimony today means a Deep State/Shadow government false flag may be imminent. Given all the chemical weapons being used by Assad junior, "they" may be looking to get the USA involved in a shooting war/free for all in Syria. In fact, the progression of spreading military conflict in Syria may be the planned false flag. Iran just said for the USA to get out of both Iraq and Syria. Now Assad junior is unleashing his forces on the USA coalition, with the Turks thrown in for good measure. Plus, Israel is now sending cruise missiles into Syria, using Lebanon's air space to do it. Well, Hezzbollah is going to fire on an Israel airplane sooner or later, which brings Israel into the fray.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available for sale at the following url

At US outpost in Syria, US general backs Kurdish fighters

By Susannah George and Sarah El Deeb, Associated Press
    MANBIJ, Syria — February 7, 2018, 3:25 PM ET

On the ground in Syria, the top U.S. general in the coalition fighting the Islamic State group pledged on Wednesday that American troops would remain in the northern Syrian town of Manbij despite Ankara's demands for a U.S. pullout.

"We're here to ensure the lasting defeat of ISIS is maintained in this area," Lt. Gen. Paul E. Funk said during a visit to U.S. forces in Manbij. ISIS is an alternative acronym for the Islamic State group.

The U.S.-backed opposition Syrian Democratic Forces, led mainly by a Syrian Kurdish militia which Turkey is now fighting in Syria, liberated the town of Manbij from the Islamic State group in 2016.

Manbij was hailed as an early success story in the American-backed fight against IS, but is now the scene of escalating regional tensions on the heels of military victories against the extremists.

Funk's visit came amid rising tensions between Turkey and the United States — NATO allies that have ended up on opposing sides in some aspects of the multi-layered war in Syria.

Today, a small U.S. base near Manbij — a cluster of a handful of tents, prefab housing units and American armored vehicles — reflects deepening American involvement in Syria. Since the ouster of IS from the border town, the U.S. has maintained a military presence there and regularly conducts patrols in the area.

The U.S.-backed Syrian Kurdish militia, known as the People's Protection Units or YPG, made up the backbone of the fight against IS in Syria. But Ankara considers the Syrian Kurdish fighters "terrorists" and allied with Kurdish insurgents within Turkey, the outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party, or PKK. The YPG.

Funk told reporters in Manbij that the U.S. would continue to support the SDF allies, despite tensions with Turkey and that a continued U.S. presence in Syria's north is aimed at deescalating tensions.

"I don't worry," Funk said when asked about recent Turkish threats, "It's not in my job description to worry, my job is to fight."

On Tuesday, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan called on the U.S. to withdraw its troops from Manbij and renewed a threat to expand Ankara's military offensive in Syria to this town.

"Why are you staying there (in Manbij)? Leave," Erdogan said, referring to American troops. "We will come to return the lands to their real owners."

On January 20, Turkey launched a cross-border offensive into the northwestern enclave of Afrin to drive out the Syrian Kurdish militia from there and subsequently threatened to extend its operation to Manbij, over 100 kilometers (62 miles) to the east.

"I'm very confident in the (Syrian Democratic Forces) leadership," Funk said.

"When nobody else could do it they retook Raqqa," Funk added, referring to the former capital of the self-proclaimed IS caliphate in Syria. "I think that has earned them a seat at the table."

The U.S.-backed forces retook Raqqa last October. The defeat marked a major blow to IS and was followed by a string of swift territorial victories in Syria that retook nearly all the territory the extremists once held. Pockets of IS fighters, however, remain in eastern Syria between the Euphrates River and the Iraqi border.

Last month, U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said the U.S. would maintain a military presence in Syria after the conclusion of the fight against IS there, pledging that the Trump administration would not to repeat former President Barack Obama's "mistake" when he withdrew U.S. troops from Iraq in 2011.

"There's no way to tell" how long U.S. troops will need to remain in Syria, said Army Maj. Gen. James Jarrard, who heads the U.S.-led special operations task force fighting IS in Syria and Iraq.

"Right now the military role is clearly defined and right now that's to support the SDF," said Jarrard, who gathered with other American troops and commanders at the Manbij outpost.

American and Syrian Kurdish commanders in Manbij said that low-level clashes between Turkish-backed forces and the U.S.-backed fighters were a regular occurrence.

"Every 10 or 15 days there are some shots fired," said Judie Ibrahim, an 18 year old fighter with the Manbij Military Council stationed at the outpost alongside American troops.

"But the clashes are very small, it doesn't scare us," he said, then added why the troops are not afraid: "It's not because of the American presence ... it's because we have God with us."

Funk also downplayed the significance of the attacks, describing them as just "harassing."

———

El Deeb reported from Beirut.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...hters-52906343

Odd that troops are being killed rather than ignorant, miserable civilians.
    My perception is that this confrontation is getting bigger and quickly.
    SS

' Bryan Bender‏Verified account @BryanDBender

Pentagon now saying some 100 Pro-Assad troops were killed after a large force of tanks and artillery threatened American advisors and Syrian Democratic Forces.
    6:53 PM - 7 Feb 2018

https://twitter.com/BryanDBender/sta...32772656087040
    “Then the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.”
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland

I don't think either Putin or Iran will tolerate the USA attacking Assad junior's troops. The place this happened is in the eastern part of Syria near the place the coalition earlier attacked Syrian troop positions a few months back. The coalition air attacks were timed with an ISIS offensive to retake the hill the Syrians were on. This may be why Syria just forward deployed a whole bunch of anti-aircraft weapons near Aleppo a day or two ago. I bet Russia sends in some serious shoot down Coalition jet stuff to Syria after this attack. The neocons want a war in Syria and this attack is a good way to start, or have Turkey attack Manbji.

Russia, Iran and Assad junior want the USA out of both Syria and Iraq. This is why Syria is going to blow up over the next few days, aside from Turkey attacking the USA.

Messages being sent

It is also interesting that about the same time Iran's minister gave his press conference saying Iran wouldn't tolerate a US backed Kurdish state in Eastern Syria on the Euphrates River, you have Assad junior's forces attacking the coalition forces, who then attack back. Yep, I expect either Assad junior, or the Iranian proxies Hezzbollah to get into with the Coalition forces next to the Euphrates River.

The USA wants to partition Syria, overthrow Assad junior, and keep Iran and Hezzbollah out. Well, we are going to have to kick them out, and they are going to kick right back. Iran will likely go after Saudi Arabia in Yemen in response, since they are masters at the deep game.

4 Syria confirms US airstrike, reports casualties

Putin, Erdogan discuss military coordination in Syria

Besides trying to "clean up" the mess Obama left, IMHO one or all three of the parties and their surrogates involved vs the US are being "set up" as an example to the rest of the world not to "F*** With" the US and the Trump Administration, starting with the reported column of SAA/militia engaged. Since no one over there takes you seriously until you have a ziggurat of their dead troops and captured arms as well as "evened the books", between Iranian, Syrian and Turkish meddling in Iraq from 2003 onward and Turkish facilitation of IS/Daesh there is a rather large reconciling of the balance sheets due.

How that plays out when it really gets going is anyone's guess and my liver will probably shut down before we find out if I drink to the degree this deserves...
    Last edited by Housecarl; 02-08-2018 at 07:52 AM. Reason: redid last part of first paragraph

4 Russian army says US goal in Syria is to capture economic assets

MOSCOW - Russia's defence ministry said on Thursday the ultimate goal of the United States in Syria is not to fight Islamic State but to seize economic assets, according to the Interfax news agency.

It also said Syrian militants hit by the US-led coalition had not previously agreed their reconnaissance activities with Russia. Washington initially reported the strike on Wednesday. https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,...099804,00.html

4 Mortar shell lands near school in Golan

oh boy!!!A mortar shell landed near a school in Kibbutz Natur in the Golan Heights Thursday. No injuries were reported and lessons are back on schedule. This is one of many incidents in which the Syrian civil war seems to be spilling over into Israel.https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,...099809,00.html

Barbara Starr‏Verified account@barbarastarrcnn 15h15 hours agoJUST IN: Russian contractors may have been involved in pro-regime attack on US military advisers and their partner forces in Syria that led to US counterattack with aircraft and artillery in east of Euphrates. No US wounded.

Syria calls rare US strike an effort 'to support terrorism'

4 Majdal Shams home shot due to Syrian spillover

This is a house in the Golan heights https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,...100317,00.html Israel strike in Syria in 3-2..1

Marking the fire hydrants.

Like I said, Housecarl and Daniel Boon, the attack by the pro Assad types was Iran telling the US to back off, consistent with the diplomatic statement. And the Coalition attack on the pro Assad forces was a big F$$$ You. So, who you going to call now, Ghostbusters?

The Middle East can be best explained by a pack of dogs marking fire hydrants with their urine. You can count on somebody, allied with God knows who, doing something in response, to the response, which was a response, to the other response!

I thought Russia was already "coordinating" with Turkey, so we shall see how Assad junior and Iran twig to that little gem!

This was a major battle.,
    F-22s??
    I would expect a response soon.
    SS

'
    Lucas Tomlinson
    ‏Verified account @LucasFoxNews
    3h3 hours ago

U.S. counter-attack in Syria included Air Force AC-130 gunships, F-15s, F-22s, Army Apache helicopter gunships and Marine Corps artillery killing 100 Russian and Assad-backed fighters in 3-hour battle beginning around midnight last night.
    https://twitter.com/LucasFoxNews
    “Then the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.”
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Shacknasty Shagrat View Post
    This was a major battle.,
    F-22s??
    I would expect a response soon.
    SS

'
    Lucas Tomlinson
    ‏Verified account @LucasFoxNews
    3h3 hours ago

U.S. counter-attack in Syria included Air Force AC-130 gunships, F-15s, F-22s, Army Apache helicopter gunships and Marine Corps artillery killing 100 Russian and Assad-backed fighters in 3-hour battle beginning around midnight last night.
    https://twitter.com/LucasFoxNews
    Thanks for the details. This was not small unintentional accident. This was a wilful attack on Russian forces (or at least pro-Assad forces.

Thanks again.... I think. One of these days....

Syrian airspace closed to Turkey for fourth day

https://ahvalnews.com/afrin/syrian-a...key-fourth-day (fair use)

No Turkish Armed Forces helicopters or warplanes have entered Syrian airspace since Feb. 4, the day after a Russian plane was shot down in the area of Idlib, opposition newspaper Cumhuriyet said .

The newspaper cited a report saying that Russia was introducing a new air defence system and saying that the Turkish air force was expecting to be allowed back into Syria to support the ongoing Turkish military campaign in the Afrin region after the installation was completed.

Syrian opposition fighters are thought to have downed the Russian Su-25 fighter jet using a shoulder-mounted ground-to-air missile system, the newspaper said, and Russia had closed Syrian airspace while installing a counter-system.

Turkish government spokesman Bekir Bozdağ said on Monday night that Afrin’s airspace was open, but security sources told Cumhuriyet that Turkish warplanes and helicopters had only been patrolling the Turkish side of the Syrian border and not crossing since then.

The Turkish military has not mentioned any air operations in its daily reports since the morning of Monday Feb. 5, Cumhuriyet said.

FORTE EST VINUM, FORTIOR EST REX, FORTIORES SUNT MULIERES:

SUPER OMNIA VINCIT VERITAS.

The deep state is going after Trump and the memo release full pedal to the metal. First, they are taking down the stock market, and trying to cause budget chaos in DC. Next, "they" are going to start a war with Assad junior/Russia no matter what it takes. The drivel about chemical weapons didn't work, so now they are going after Syrian troops and proxies. Well, that won't end well either. We are right on the edge of the abyss, and dancing around like Gollum at Mount Doom.

All we need now is a false flag attack . The dome of the rock comes to mind. That would get it going

3 Russia UN envoy: US-led coalition strike in Syria 'regrettable'

Russia to raise US coalition airstrike at UN

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,...100504,00.html yep the fecal matter is now really beginning to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomer Doug View Post
    The deep state is going after Trump and the memo release full pedal to the metal. First, they are taking down the stock market, and trying to cause budget chaos in DC. Next, "they" are going to start a war with Assad junior/Russia no matter what it takes. The drivel about chemical weapons didn't work, so now they are going after Syrian troops and proxies. Well, that won't end well either. We are right on the edge of the abyss, and dancing around like Gollum at Mount Doom.
    Hold on a minute. Trump is the commander-in-chief. The military does not follow orders from DS or anyone else.
    Trump now owns this mess. He is screwing up and pissing me off.
    Trump owns the stock market.
    Trump owns unemployment... and when the truth is widely publicized, he will pay the price.

Quote Originally Posted by LightEcho View Post
    Hold on a minute. Trump is the commander-in-chief. The military does not follow orders from DS or anyone else.
    Trump now owns this mess. He is screwing up and pissing me off.
    Trump owns the stock market.
    Trump owns unemployment... and when the truth is widely publicized, he will pay the price.
    It has been my understanding that the combat elements that are "US" in Syria are all owned and operated by the Clowns In America. I don't think Trump or the US generals have anything to do with them. The same with NoKo. Lil Kim is not in control there either. NoKo is a Clowns In America owned and operated shop. Lil Kim just holds parades.

Quote Originally Posted by TorahTips View Post
    It has been my understanding that the combat elements that are "US" in Syria are all owned and operated by the Clowns In America. I don't think Trump or the US generals have anything to do with them. The same with NoKo. Lil Kim is not in control there either. NoKo is a Clowns In America owned and operated shop. Lil Kim just holds parades.
    Man, if that is right, that is treason. No US agency, person or corporation has any authority to unilaterally act on behalf of US interests using US military forces without the permission of the president for temporary operations or congress for declared war.

Speaking war... this is a war and I previously wrote a letter to Trump explaining how he was sending Americans into war without due declaration and violating constitutional law.

Man, if that is right, that is treason. No US agency, person or corporation has any authority to unilaterally act on behalf of US interests using US military forces without the permission of the president for temporary operations or congress for declared war.

Speaking war... this is a war and I previously wrote a letter to Trump explaining how he was sending Americans into war without due declaration and violating constitutional law.
    Well, you don't really believe that 19 Saudis living in caves flew planes into the twin towers now do ya. That was also a Clowns In America operation. (after which, we attacked Iraq, a country not involved). Just my little opinion.

Well, you don't really believe that 19 Saudis living in caves flew planes into the twin towers now do ya. That was also a Clowns In America operation. (after which, we attacked Iraq, a country not involved). Just my little opinion.
    Well, there are many things I don't believe that have become commonly accepted as true. The Sea Eye Asshats are a rogue nation that needs to be reigned in. When nukes hit Amerika, it will be justified.

Well, there are many things I don't believe that have become commonly accepted as true. The Sea Eye Asshats are a rogue nation that needs to be reigned in. When nukes hit Amerika, it will be justified.
    I couldn't agree more. And, that's just what we know. What about the things that are going on that we have no idea about? Scary times we live in.

Last month, U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said the U.S. would maintain a military presence in Syria after the conclusion of the fight against IS there, pledging that the Trump administration would not to repeat former President Barack Obama's "mistake" when he withdrew U.S. troops from Iraq in 2011.

"There's no way to tell" how long U.S. troops will need to remain in Syria, said Army Maj. Gen. James Jarrard, who heads the U.S.-led special operations task force fighting IS in Syria and

How do you square the above with the CIA?

One more time - Syria is a sovereign country. They have not invited or requested the US presence there. The US is under international law an interloper in Syria.

The Russians however are not.

This will not end well....... but it is what the neocons and globalists (you listening, Kushner?) want so bad they can taste it.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post

"There's no way to tell" how long U.S. troops will need to remain in Syria, said Army Maj. Gen. James Jarrard, who heads the U.S.-led special operations task force fighting IS in Syria and

One more time - Syria is a sovereign country. They have not invited or requested the US presence there. The US is under international law an interloper in Syria.

This will not end well....... but it is what the neocons and globalists (you listening, Kushner?) want so bad they can taste it.
    Sovereign nations are not under laws of other nations. Now, if a sovereign were to be betrayed by its leaders and they contracted to place said sovereign nation under foreign laws, they need to be clawed out of office and tried for treason.

Other than that, I think we agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post

Trump certainly can't come out and say "the troops will stay in Syria as long as they want cause I don't have any control over that...." That wouldn't go over well.

I think that whoever the troops in Syria belong to, their objective is to create a nation for the Kurds so that they will have somewhere to park assets against the Soros owned and operated state of Iran. The cabal doens't like Israel (can't trust/control) and Iraq is far too unstable. Gotta make a new country to park in.

3 Syria war: Assad's government accuses US of massacre

PressTV-Aoun: Lebanon military ready to confront Israel https://t.co/eOsYBfJEZI?amp=1

danielboon

Thanks for keeping up with this thread. This information is so important.

Israel has been using jets flying over Lebanon's air space and launching air to ground missiles into Syria. Lebanon and Hezzbollah aren't going to stand for that much longer. Israel's Prime Minister is likely to be thrown in jail shortly for corruption which will also stir things up.

danielboon

Thanks for keeping up with this thread. This information is so important.
    You are very welcome