Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

The Grand Solar Minimum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106
Results 4,201 to 4,205 of 4205
    Thanks, PW. I had thought I'd just use a little in my rice and my mashed potatoes, and maybe stir some into my mayo, but I will take a look at the story/recipe.

I'm posting a link to a post by Doomer Doug on another thread. Grocery prices are jumping...I hoped it would take a bit longer.

The post is #101

http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...27#post7291727

3. I'm so far behind on this thread. Sorry to hear about your bunnies and chickens, Martinhouse. I miss mine terribly to this day. I hope the new owners will make sure you get some eggs and clean up like promised. Maybe you'll make friends with some wild birds.

Summerthyme, the neighbors who had Angus started to make sausage from the cattle they butchered. They had different seasonings and I guess sold it in pans, not links. They sent some over now again when they tried out different spice combinations and wanted feedback. The cattle I fed for them for a couple months were breeding stock, but they had a business with someone with a stockyard. I think they were trying to find a new market as well.

Thanks for the updates everyone. The weather in my part of the PNW has been nice actually. Nicer than we normally get anyway. Lots of people are putting in hazelnuts instead of grass fields, which is nice to see. Not much in row crops near us so I have nothing to report. Naturallysweet would be able to give you an idea of how things are going here. She's north of me and she used to grow tomatoes among other things.

Pinecone, thank you for commiserating about my little animals. The new owners live too far from me to get eggs from. They should be here after school is out to help with moving and mixing the soil in my outdoor containers.

As for the cleanup, the guy that has been clearing my yard and mowing for me showed up today with a helper, a nice polite little guy from a troubled family and they did some more clearing where the privet is trying to take over. Then I told them EXACTLY how to do it and they moved the chick cage out of my greenhouse for me and took it way down the drive and emptied it out. It is now sitting in the back yard where either some rain or my garden hose can blast it clean. I will be able to blast the dust out of the greenhouse soon, too, and then things will be back to beautiful, blessed normal in there.

TxGal, I read Doomer Doug's shopping post to my sister and she is now going to do the shopping she's just kept putting off. She remembers Doug from when he used to be a guest on a certain person's 6 PM shortwave/live streaming program so she was quite inclined to take it seriously.

Actually I'm taking it seriously, too. I've tended to sit back a bit because I didn't need to stock up on feed and more garden container items, but I need to stop that and pay attention again. If I'm able to fall asleep any time before midnight tonight, I will be up before sunrise to go to town for more shopping and to top of the gas tank of the truck.