Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

The Grand Solar Minimum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 168 of 168 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168
Results 6,681 to 6,696 of 6696
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinhouse View Post
    TxGal, thanks for the article and podcast links.

I wonder if life is about to become two months of hot, dry summer with the occasional huge tornadoes, two months of rains, freezes, hail and flooding for fall, 6 months of nasty cold, snow and ice for winter, and then another two months of chilling rain with more freezes, frosts and flooding for spring. Bind it all together with a lot more cloudy days and a lot more wind and a lot more crop failures and probably a lot of power outages.

Doesn't that sound like fun?

If I had a twitter page like the ones I look at like noharvest19 and iceagefarmer, I'd have to call it nogarden'19/'20, or maybe noplant/gobuy'19/'20.
    You're welcome, I wish there was more out there....after a while, though, just seeing articles with 'new cold record set' is frustrating..we need more hard info!

I was reading up on the Milankovitch cycles this morning. Actually there are three separate ones. If all this is actually due to the Milankovitch cycle(s) and we're on a normal pattern of movement in terms of earth's rotations, we could be in a world of hurt...no pun intended. Maybe this is indeed the time for our cycle to take us further from the sun and we are going into a long cooling phase for the planet. Of course, at our age we won't be around for the full effects, but it's something to ponder.

I'm worried about the gardens for next spring. The potatoes that I had planted just for the heck of it froze, guess all the hay on top wasn't enough for the 18 degree overnight temp we had, along with whatever the wind chill was. I'm not surprised...just makes me think of options for going forward.

Woke up to 39 and drizzle...been raining all morning but I think we hit 42. Miserable mess, but I think the rain is almost over and with luck we'll see the sun today.

Quote Originally Posted by TxGal View Post
    Ice Age Farmer has a new podcast premiering in about 2 hrs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juMqpuxYj_8

RIVERS RUN RED WITH BLOOD: ASF, Propane Crisis, Agricultural Disaster
    •Premieres Nov 14, 2019

No run time yet, I'll update when that is shown.

"And the rivers shall run red with the blood ..." of pigs slaughtered in the wake of African Swine Fever (ASF). Five US states have declared emergencies due to propane shortages that are precluding farmers from drying their crops. Massive hailstorm in Australia destroys a six-mile wide swath of crops. The agricultural disasters are mounting -- are you growing your own food yet?

Great way to get that bug into the water supply there, dummy. Fire is the preferred method of eradication for Swine Fever and has been since forever. What were they thinking? Population control on the sneak, or am I just overthinking this one?
    Don't be dismayed by goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends. --Richard Bach

IAF new podcast premieres at 1:30 pacific time, so it said a minute ago on the site. 90 minutes from now...

TxGal, 1:30 Pacific time is 3:30 Central time, I'm not going to expect it to be done until about 4 PM my time.

Hope it's as good and full of information as his last one was!
    -----
    Did you listen to Diamond yet this morning? And see him? What in the world has he done to his hair?????

TxGal, 1:30 Pacific time is 3:30 Central time, I'm not going to expect it to be done until about 4 PM my time.

Hope it's as good and full of information as his last one was!
    The time differences always mess me up! I'm definitely not going to wait for it to start :-)

https://www.iceagenow.info/grand-sol...anic-activity/

Grand Solar Minimums marked by violent volcanic activity
    November 14, 2019 by Robert

The Late Antique Little Ice Age (LALIA) experienced 3 massive T6/T7 eruptions. Each named Grand Solar Minimum since has been marked with similar violent eruptive periods. Dalton, the last GSM, was marked by Tambora.
    Ė J.H. Walker

Under normal orbital rules I would disagree with a descent in a glaciation period this century and possibly several hundred years without a major geological-driver. But this time it could come from manís own hubris that he is the master of the universe and his attempts at geoengineering cooling in the midst of a known and predicted Grand Solar Minimum (GSM) cooling period.

The problem with GSM isnít the reduced energy radiating the earth, but the variation in atmospheric circulation and cooling which is variable, unpredictable, and drives warmist liars silly because itís so inconvenient.

The real problem with GSMs is the angular momentum changes of the largest mass object in the solar system Ė the Sun -as it attempts to stay within the gravitation laws of the Solar System Gravity well and orbit the moving Solar System BarryCentre. Some orbits changes are so abrupt they perform zero crossings of the BarryCentre itself.

Not only does this have profound implications for the moderation of the Sunís energy output, it also has profound implications for the smaller rocky inner planets such as Venus and Earth by simulating volcanic Ė and in Earthís case Ė tectonic activity as well.

The Holocene is segmented by abrupt sequences of cooling following geological events such as the Younger Dryas, the 8.5K event, and massive volcanic eruption either during, or lagging a GSM periods.

This modern GSM has increased levels of volcanism either on the rift zones (underwater volcanoes) or from the various volcanic hot spots, and those time-line incidences are increasing with a shortening time span between them.

The Late Antique Little Ice Age (LALIA) experienced 3 massive T6/T7 eruptions. Each named Grand Solar Minimum since has been marked with similar violent eruptive periods. Dalton, the last GSM, was marked by Tambora.

I fear this Modern GSM will be no different.

I wonder what is that "BarryCenter" in this last Felix article just posted?

I think there is a word "baricenter" and I wonder if that's what the author means? It has the same root word as barometer, so may it has to do with pressure or atmospheric pressure? I know I've read that word but it's not in my Webster's Dictionary.

Well, that was weird. I was listening to the IAF podcast, got booted off, and now it's says it's a private video and right now it's not on his You Tube channel. Maybe later....

Just checked and I see that the IAF podcast is no longer pending on you tube. And I've never been able to watch them from the link on the twitter page.

Hope it comes back up by four PM! I bet there will be plenty of hollering if a lot of us can't get this podcast.

Do you think maybe you tube is responsible for this?

How much of it were you able to listen to?

Just checked and I see that the IAF podcast is no longer pending on you tube. And I've never been able to watch them from the link on the twitter page.

Hope it comes back up by four PM! I bet there will be plenty of hollering if a lot of us can't get this podcast.

Do you think maybe you tube is responsible for this?

How much of it were you able to listen to?
    I think about 20 mts of about a 40 mts podcast, I thought it said. Talked a lot about the pig virus and cullings in South Korea, then went into propane shortages - and that's when it cut out. I wondered if maybe it was pulled.

ETA - forgot to mention that he said they were finding a strep outbreak of some sort in US hogs, and it was just a matter of time before we had the other virus here.

IT'S BACK UP!

Still not up where I can get it. I'll have to wait until you post the link. Another hour, I suspect.

Did I mention that my brother ordered me some wooden eggs from Amazon for an early birthday present? He just stopped by to drill some latch-string holes in several 4 x 4 posts for me, and naturally he had to see what the eggs looked like. He thought they were as cool as I do. I had to convince him that some chickens do, indeed, lay green eggs.

You did, I think that's great! He's so helpful...maybe he needs chickens :-)

Let's try reposting Ice Age Farmer's new podcast. FYI, there were technical difficulties with this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYDe-pcp2rI

RIVERS RUN RED WITH BLOOD: ASF, Propane Crisis, Agricultural Disaster

Run time is 37:46

"And the rivers shall run red with the blood ..." of pigs slaughtered in the wake of African Swine Fever (ASF). Five US states have declared emergencies due to propane shortages that are precluding farmers from drying their crops. Massive hailstorm in Australia destroys a six-mile wide swath of crops. The agricultural disasters are mounting -- are you growing your own food yet?

I'm about 20 minutes into this IAF podcast and he sure has pulled together a lot of information.

Hope the technical problems have been resolved.

The entire podcast played just fine. He certainly was intense and did he ever present a lot of information! What a job it must be to put together a presentation like this!

Excellent! I thought it was a good one, too.