Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

The Grand Solar Minimum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35
Results 1,361 to 1,393 of 1393
    Quote Originally Posted by von Koehler View Post
    This thread was started on January 19 2018, so anyone following it [and I have absolutely no idea how many that is or who they are] have a comparative advantage over others.

I hope they have started to prepare.

You have been warned.

von Koehler
    I think I'll go ahead and start at the beginning. Not that I need convincing, I've been convinced of the overdue ice age for years, I just want a tune up on the "state-of-the-art" in regards to this topic.
    Your levity is good, it relieves tension and the fear of death.

The Frigid Times - http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/
    Civil Defense Reborn - http://cdreborn.blogspot.com/
    Believe what you will, but the Russian nuclear threat is far from dead. It ain't even sick. - Brutus

Thanks for your report.

Anyone else take the Global Cooling challenge?

At some point, people will realize something is wrong.

von Koehler
    I remembered the name of the scientist who I mentioned in my post -- Stephanie Osborne. She is, I believe, an astronomer, but I don't know her specialty.

Kathleen
    Behold, these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him.
    Job 26:14

wickr ID freeholder45

Quote Originally Posted by Martinhouse View Post
    Is anyone else noticing how suddenly this year, the cold weather has finally gotten into the main stream news?

At first there were little things mentioned about another cold winter, but now they've come right out and said that we are going into a solar minimum.

I don't think even now, people will face facts. How many are even capable any more of looking at a set of conditions, and projecting ahead what those conditions might mean to them on a personal level?

I can't tell you how many people I've had say "I can't think about that now...I have too many other thinks to worry about right now". And the ones who claim they just can't bear to think about anything so negative? These are the people who won't be around long to think or worry about anything at all once things really ramp up.
    I think that the population as a whole has been served a very ill turn by the global warming nutjobs. After listening to their propaganda for so long, now it suddenly changes to a cooling trend instead? What are people supposed to believe? How can they trust this information any more than they could trust the global warming stuff? I would guess that a lot of people are going to try to ignore the whole thing until it's proven one way or the other, and by then it may be too late for them to do anything.

Kathleen
    Behold, these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him.
    Job 26:14

wickr ID freeholder45

I think it'll be harder to convince the Left Coast as it is either burning down, or like the wet side of Oregon, still no winter rains! They will go with the Al Gore global warming reason, even when the maps of the ice age show this area is very dry.

I and my sister here in Arkansas started noticing things were different maybe ten years ago. The sun was different. The shadows seemed to fall differently. That odd autumn "back to school" feeling was hitting by the middle of August. No 100 degree days for the last few summers.

So I haven't needed much convincing, but all the information you've posted on this thread is what had taught me the details of what to expect from this solar minimum that we are already well into. If it weren't for what I've learned here, I wouldn't be prepared for any of what it looks like is actually going to happen. For example, I've put a lot of time, effort, and money into a new container garden that now has 52 containers in it and they rest on material that allows for no weed or grass problems. The containers are like 15 gallon flower pots because they are 30 gallon white plastic barrels cut in half. They have a drain hole and are set up so that anything planted in them won't rot from extended rainy spells and they are on a very slight slope so their area cannot flood and cover the drain holes.

I've also been modifying other things for my chickens and rabbits since learning so much here. I've learned the hard way that I MUST build something raccoon-proof for my animals and have already started on this project.

My greenhouse is not heated and I've been slowly acquiring things to insulate it, as I can afford to do so. This will be important, especially if there are a lot more cloudy days in the coming years, and I think I'm already seeing this.

I've also experimented more this year as to what I can grow in the greenhouse, both summer and winter, and am learning what grows best without much direct sun and what can take heat and what can withstand cold. I'm stocking seed for more root crops and I've learned over the years which things seed the same year and which need a second year to produce their seed. I've learned that strawberries in a greenhouse can go through their two year cycle in one year, so it is absolutely imperative to make sure all their runners get rooted.

Because of this thread, I've decide not to plant any fruit trees as I feel late spring freezes and early onset winters would make tree fruits unreliable. (Look what happened to that apple crop somewhere in India this fall!) I've concentrated on strawberries, cane berries and also blueberries which can be planted in a protected place and covered against hard late frost.

I share what I learn here with anyone who will listen. If fewer act on the knowledge, that means when I go to town for an extra stock of some item, I'm not likely to find it has been sold out. I don't think the world can support 8 billion people through a deep minimum, so let us and those we can touch, and those others who do listen, be the ones who can make it through and keep their survival knowledge going. The world will need the kind of people who can survive by their own efforts.
    I am reminded of the party game of musical chairs; when the happy music suddenly stops someone is out of a chair.

World wide food production is already topping out. Bad weather will led to crop losses and soaring prices. This has always happened before in every previous solar minimum and there is no reason to think that this time will be the exception.

von Koehler
    Last edited by von Koehler; 11-15-2018 at 07:16 PM.
    Fad saol agat, gob fliuch, agus bás in Éirinn!

Christianity is the estranged descendent of a bizarre Jewish apocalyptic cult.

Kein Krieg für Israel!

Well, it's official now.

My website, webwidediscussions.com will go "poof" on 30 November. No interest in either the stock market or global cooling among the members.

So I have to decide what to do, if anything. Either stay here, and bite my tongue to avoid upsetting the Christian majority, or find a different forum.

I will no longer be able to record the antics of Kitty and her 1:4 scale King Tiger. lol

It takes a lot of time and effort to keep this thread going; last major post took 2 hours between searching the web, copy and pasting text and images, etc. Many sites have formatting issues so require some cleaning up. The same day I again got into an unrelated argument on the main broad and felt it wasn't worth the effort.

von Koehler

Kein Krieg für Israel!

Seems we've been doing pretty well on this forum in recent days. I go through spells where I'm too busy to post every day, but I check here more than once a day and it's always good to find new posts to read, whether it's new charts, graphs and articles to inform us, or other members sharing their own individual preps and experiences.

I haven't had much experience with forums, but this has been the best thread I've ever been a part of, and certainly what I've always expected a prepping forum to be.

And I find it better to be on a Christian forum, as I generally agree with Christian values. From what I've heard, forums that are not Christian-based can get really ugly and I want no part of that. Please do consider this before you abandon this thread. Your posts are the framework that ties the rest of us together.

Seems we've been doing pretty well on this forum in recent days. I go through spells where I'm too busy to post every day, but I check here more than once a day and it's always good to find new posts to read, whether it's new charts, graphs and articles to inform us, or other members sharing their own individual preps and experiences.

I haven't had much experience with forums, but this has been the best thread I've ever been a part of, and certainly what I've always expected a prepping forum to be.

And I find it better to be on a Christian forum, as I generally agree with Christian values. From what I've heard, forums that are not Christian-based can get really ugly and I want no part of that. Please do consider this before you abandon this thread. Your posts are the framework that ties the rest of us together.
    I couldn't say it any better than that. This is the truth. Perhaps just posting a link when the graphics you feel are important are too large to post would help?

Before I retired, I had a personal rule that I always followed. I'd never discuss politics or religion in the office. I'd seen too many instances when those discussion would go south, and cause tension and unintended hurt in the office. It took a very long time for those wounds to heal, and made working in those circumstances unpleasant to say the least. I pretty much follow my rule on the forum, too. There have been many, many times where I've typed a comment, thought about it, and deleted it. I sometimes remind myself I don't have to respond, even though I may want to. Avoiding frustration and irritation can be a good thing :-)

and from von Koehler:

World wide food production is already topping out. Bad weather will led to crop losses and soaring prices. This has always happened before in every previous solar minimum and there is no reason to think time will be the exception.

This is also the truth. Just from our little corner of Texas - the farmer I mentioned some time back has lost an entire growing season due to poor weather and wet pastures. First his corn/sorghum spring crops that got too much rain and not enough sun, and his later cotton crop (which looked poor), is rotting in the fields due to wet pastures. So, those fields bring him a loss rather than an income, and crops that don't enter the food system. It will be interesting to see what he does next. The haying season here this year had half as many cuttings, and the harvested yield was down by half. Our pastures are still wet, and I don't know if we'll be able to get the winter ryegrass seed down for winter grazing, something we do every year. Generally at this time of year I'll order fruit trees from Stark Bros, something I've done for nearly 40 years. This year they've sold out early (either higher demand, less availability, or both), and their prices are way up, many near $50.

I am concerned about the winter/spring grain harvests most of all. But fruit and vegetable crops are important, too. I am very, very concerned.

Well thanks for the thread whatever you decide! I hope you stay and continue to add to it here but would understand if it feels like too much work.

As far as offending the membership goes I'd say don't worry about it. I could take a little offense at a lot of stuff here if I chose to.

My observations don't say cooler or haven't said cooler until late this Summer into Autumn here in Vt. It began raining again in September and we never quite reached the warmth and multiple days of sun we had most of the Summer.

What I have noticed is the cooler Spring. Seems like the real lush green vegetation and grasses didn't really take off until July 1. It's sunny and pleasant, but we'd get these cool days where it seemed like someone left the fridge door open.

We've had mild winters the last few years for sure, and this last summer was a scorcher and drought. Drought began in June and didn't really get relief until September.

Last few years the late Spring, early Summers have been wet and cool. June has sucked actually.

Well, it's official now.

My website, webwidediscussions.com will go "poof" on 30 November. No interest in either the stock market or global cooling among the members.

So I have to decide what to do, if anything. Either stay here, and bite my tongue to avoid upsetting the Christian majority, or find a different forum.

I will no longer be able to record the antics of Kitty and her 1:4 scale King Tiger. lol

It takes a lot of time and effort to keep this thread going; last major post took 2 hours between searching the web, copy and pasting text and images, etc. Many sites have formatting issues so require some cleaning up. The same day I again got into an unrelated argument on the main broad and felt it wasn't worth the effort.

von Koehler

Well, it's official now.

von Koehler
    von Koehler we christians can upset each other with out any help. It is not a special talent that just you have. I cannot read the time bomb forum without some comment, either by a member or a source they quote, setting my teeth on edge. But you have to pick your battles. Some battles need to be fought right at that time. Others are just a consequence of the sources you have available to get information from. The fact that they have a perspective or world view that I do not agree with does not rule out the validity of the information they present from their scientific specialty as it relates to GSM.

When I need medical care I do not first rule out all the doctors who I have not tested theologically. Especially if I am in the emergency room. Even if you were able to rule out every one of the sources that would offend anyone who would read your thread what would you have left to present? Would it have any meaningful information?

I assume, being a guy, that as I go thru my day people will be offended by whatever their thing to be offended by is. The more time goes by the less I seem to notice, let alone care about it. We are now a society of victims and the most safe way to find refuge from them is to stay in the house, off the phone and internet. Even that probably wouldn't work.

So stay in the arena! You are doing a good work! I appreciate it! I know when you present material from an atheist you are not promoting atheism or any world view of the person the material originates with. I also appreciate, as I type with two fingers, the time and effort you put in. I would be grateful if you continue to post here. If you do move on please be gracious enough to let us know how to find you. But please stay.

Sincerely,
    Shadow
    "18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness… 21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened… 24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts…" Romans 1:18-32

von Koehler,

When you have a moment, would you please take a look at this article? I'm going back to the beginning to see if you've already posted it, but my satellite connection is beyond slow with graphics and you may respond even before I finish looking.

Potential Agricultural Impact of the Eddy Minimum

Anthony Watts / May 12, 2011

Guest post by David Archibald

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/05/...?cn-reloaded=1

I'm skimming through it right now, and it seems to contain very somber thoughts on the agricultural effects of the minimum, particularly on wheat and corn.
    Last edited by TxGal; 11-15-2018 at 10:31 PM.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/05/...&cn-reloaded=1

Potential Agricultural Impact of the Eddy Minimum
    Anthony Watts / May 12, 2011
    Guest post by David Archibald

I will be giving a lecture in Washington in early June on my way through to the Bahamas. Following are the slides that pertain to the agricultural impact of the current de Vries cycle event – the Eddy Minimum.

The stippled line is the current Canadian wheat-growing area. The heavy black line is what that would shrink to if temperature fell by one degree Celsius. Friis-Christensen and Lassen theory applied to the temperature records of the northeastern US derive a temperature decline of 2.0 degrees Celsius to the latitude of the US-Canadian border. It therefore follows that Canadian agriculture will be back to trapping beavers by the end of this decade, as it was in the 17th century.

Many years ago, in the time before global warming corrupted most branches of science, researchers looked at the consequences of warming and cooling. Newman in 1980 was such a researcher. This is a figure he provided of where the US Corn Belt would shift to with one degree of warming, the dashed line, and one degree of cooling, the solid line. The current corn growing area is shaded. His calculation of 144 km per degree C is in line with my estimate of a 300 km shift southward in growing conditions.

And corn is a big business in the United States:

The large amount of ethanol production is a good thing in that it provides a buffer of capacity in the climatic event under way. The mandated ethanol requirement has brought the future forward.

Archeological records tell it that it has happened before. The map in the following graphic shows how Indian maize growing moved south in response to the onset of the Little Ice Age (Reiley 1979).

[It's not that simple; there's more involved then just shifting growing zones southward. The soils could be different and not as productive. von Koehler]

But it can get worse than the standard de Vries cycle climate response. That can be overprinted by a major volcanic eruption:

Mt Pinatubo erupted in 1991 and 1992 averaged 0.5 degrees C cooler as a consequence. The Dalton Minimum’s major volcanic eruption was Mt Tambora:

My generation has known a warm, giving Sun, but the next will suffer a Sun that is less giving, and the Earth will be less fruitful.

The Australian Prime Minister spoke recently of the benefits of reading Bible stories. The Bible story that all governments should be paying particular attention to is the one in Genesis about the seven years of fat followed by the seven years of lean. Otherwise another Biblical character will make his appearance – the Third Horseman of the Apocalypse, Famine.

References

Newman, J. E. (1980). Climate change impacts on the growing season of the North American Corn Belt. Biometeorology, 7 (2), 128-142.

Riley, T. J., and Friemuth, G. (1979). Field systems and frost drainage in the prehistoric agriculture of the Upper Great Lakes. American Antiquity, 44 (2), 271-285.

Kein Krieg für Israel!

Most are familiar with the classic children's story of "Goldilocks and the Three Bears." The girl samples all three bowls, and finds one is too hot, another too cold, but one is just right.

This principle also applies to growing crops.

All plants have a range of acceptable growing conditions; some are very exacting in their requirements while others are more far tolerant and adaptable.
    Just some of the variables are temperature requirements, water demands, sunlight hours, length of growing season, and more. Soils vary drastically region to region.

For example, tomatoes can tolerate 50 degree Fahrenheit temperatures, but basically just slow down their growing and go dormant. But too high temperatures, like in the 90's, causes fruit drop.
    Tomatoes have a desired temperature range for best yield. And other needs for fastest and best growth.

California leads the country in almond production because it is the "best fit" to that tree's requirements. Can they be grown elsewhere? Perhaps if enough money and effort is thrown at the effort.
    But who wants to pay $100 a pound for almonds when California can deliver them for $5.00 a pound?

And the other hand, it doesn't make economic sense to grow lessor value crops there. In real estate, the phrase is "highest and best use" of a particular piece of land.

In America, and indeed worldwide, the infrastructure is fine tuned to harvest, process, and transport produce to the consumer. In America consumers enjoy fruits, nuts, vegetables grown out of season shipped in from the entire globe. Crop losses in any one locality are quickly replaced by product from somewhere else.

During a Solar Maximum, which is also called an "Optimum" by climatologists, overall conditions are prime for growing crops. Yields increase, and total production rises. Food prices are moderate, and affordable. Human population increases.

However, in a Solar Minimum, unfortunately the opposite is true. Weather conditions can vary widely and frequently. Regions can go from drought to torrential rains and floods. It could be too cloudy or temperatures too low. Food prices spike upwards, pricing out the poorest consumers. Famines are frequent, with loss of life.

This is Growing 101 to farmers, ranchers, and even to many gardeners BUT most Americans haven't a clue how or where their food is grown. It's estimated that farmers are now only about 3% out of total workers in the USA.

My point is that the "Goldilocks" era of optimum growing conditions is over, for about the next 40 years or so. Even in the best case, food prices will soar. Worse case, actual shortages with not enough to go around for everyone.

von Koehler
    Last edited by von Koehler; Yesterday at 09:02 AM.

Kein Krieg für Israel!

Thank you, von Koehler! I'm glad you had a chance to look at it, and definitely to add it to the thread. I'd really like to know your thoughts on it later.

I found this line in the article both funny and concerning: "It therefore follows that Canadian agriculture will be back to trapping beavers by the end of this decade, as it was in the 17th century."

And the author was only considering a 1-2 degree drop.....
    Last edited by TxGal; Yesterday at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TxGal View Post
    Thank you, von Koehler! I'm glad you had a chance to look at it, and definitely to add it to the thread. I'd really like to know your thoughts on it later.

I found this line in the article both funny and concerning: "It therefore follows that Canadian agriculture will be back to trapping beavers by the end of this decade, as it was in the 17th century."

And the author was only considering a 1-2 degree drop.....
    Historically, this has happened before.

For example, during the Medieval Optimum grapes were grown commercially in Southern England. French winemakers complained of the competition.

Today, there are no commercial English vineyards because of cooler growing conditions.

I would not be surprised if food production in America shifts southwards in response to changing growing conditions.

von Koehler

Kein Krieg für Israel!

Thank you Von Koehler for all your energy & time in informing & educating us! Also, Martinhouse, impressed with your gardening system. Just a note.... when there is no sun or fertilizer to garden with you can sprout your seeds for fabulous nutrition. For instance, broccoli takes maybe 90 days to grow to maturity & sprouting takes a few days. There are 50X more phytonutrients in the sprouts than the mature head of broccoli. I use hemp bags to sprout in, some use jars...for seeds & beans. For instance I soak than sprout chick peas...then make the hummus & your nutritional intake is super sized.

I see that there is a guest post by David Archbald in the article on that link you posted above.

I've mentioned before and have to stress again, David Archibald/s book, "Twilight of Abundance", Is EXCELLENT! If I could do only one thing to convince people to pay attention to the coming conditions, it would be to persuade them to read this book. In fact, I should probably take it down and read it again myself.

Von Koehler, I've been aware of this minimum for quite a while, but nowhere else have I seen mentioned the unpredictability of the new weather conditions. You've drawn my attention to that and to such an extent that I'm noticing the beginnings of that already. Before this thread My thinking was just tshat I was born and raised in Minnesota and I know how to live and how to grow a garden in a colder climate. Thanks to you, I've come to know that it isn't that simple, that there are a lot more factors to add to the whole picture, that it's a lot more complicated that simply lower temperatures.

Lindy, I'm growing my broccoli in my greenhouse, so the ninety day thing isn't a problem for me. Plus, I grow broccoli to dehydrate the leaves, as they are as nutritious as the heads and when dried they can be easily stored. I would only use the heads for seeds, more for growing than sprouting.

I wonder how well lambsquarter seeds would sprout? I've found that lambsquarters grow fabulously around the perimeter of the blackened spot from a burned brush pile. One could save enough seed from those to sprout for chickens and rabbits in the winter. A good supplement when there might be little else to feed them.

Martinhouse, thanks for posting that, I didn't make the connection with David Archibald! Too early, computer too slow.

Just found this video on David Archibald discussing his book, Twilight of Abundance. Here the link, I'll try to post the video but invariably I am not successful:

runtime is 1:01

Twilight of Abundance: Why Life in the 21st Century will be Nasty, Brutish, and Short

The Institute of World Politics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BK921Gy67A

TxGal, thanks for that link. I've bookmarked it so I can listen to it after I'm finished with some chores that are too noisy to do while listening to anything.

Today should get to 60 here and even warmer tomorrow! Hope to get a couple of important things done while it's warm.

Looks like we will be getting days here and there where the temp drops way lower, but also some where it shoots way up. How in the world do the poor animals, both wild and domestic, respond to something like that? Especially when they are already finding less food. Will wild animals die because summer instantly turns to brutal winter and they never grew their winter coats? Will they starve because the plants they depend on directly or indirectly never matured during a previous summer of brutal growing conditions?

I see that there is a guest post by David Archbald in the article on that link you posted above.

I've mentioned before and have to stress again, David Archibald/s book, "Twilight of Abundance", Is EXCELLENT! If I could do only one thing to convince people to pay attention to the coming conditions, it would be to persuade them to read this book. In fact, I should probably take it down and read it again myself.

Von Koehler, I've been aware of this minimum for quite a while, but nowhere else have I seen mentioned the unpredictability of the new weather conditions. You've drawn my attention to that and to such an extent that I'm noticing the beginnings of that already. Before this thread My thinking was just that I was born and raised in Minnesota and I know how to live and how to grow a garden in a colder climate. Thanks to you, I've come to know that it isn't that simple, that there are a lot more factors to add to the whole picture, that it's a lot more complicated that simply lower temperatures.
    You are not the only one; that's exactly what I thought when I started to look into The Grand Solar Minimum. Imagined it might mean more snow and colder Winters, but absolutely had no idea about the connection between solar winds, cosmic rays, volcanoes, and climate.

von Koehler

Kein Krieg für Israel!

All I knew was that I thought man-caused global warming was a pile of crap and that I noticed several years ago that the sun was different. My only source of information was Robert Felix and I got both of his books. But he was describing a full ice age and how those come on suddenly, not over hundreds of years. Not sure when I found my first info about the solar minimum, but I've always been aware of the Maunder and the Dalton in fair detail and had a hazy knowledge that there were many previous ones, with warming cycles in between them. I guess I was slowing absorbing information, but it all got a big bump when I came across John Casey, and I can't remember how I first heard of him.

Probably reading his books is what got me actually looking for more information. Following this thread this last year has refined my plans and activities more than I can describe. And I'm in no way finished. I do the most important things first and then keep doing more as I can financially afford to, and as I am physically capable of doing.

A good example of this is that while I"d like to get the 10 x 10 dog kennel to make a new chicken pen, There is no way I could haul it home, nor could I unload it and move the pieces into position. I can still drag 4 x 4 posts 2 x 4s and even rolls of fencing (which I could cut into manageable lengths in the driveway if I have to) and I can still pound nails and drill and saw. It takes me about five times as long to do these things as it used to, but at least I can do it myself. And there really is no one who can help so it's totally up to me.

OK, I got some clarification on whom might be viewing this thread; it's entirely possible that most of the views are done by non-members from the internet and not by TB2000 members. We are over 45,000
    "reads" already.

Since my forum is shutting down at the end of this month, my only realistic option is to continue posting here. Unless some other forum is out there that would be a more suitable venue, but I haven't found it yet.

So, I will have to exercise self-discipline and avoid most of the main forum threads. If people are not willing to wake up, you can shake them only so long.

Trying to change religious minds is an exercise in futility. And time is one commodity in short supply. I anticipate that the general public won't do anything until something major happens to them. By then it will probably too late to prepare.

From my perspective, The Grand Solar Minimum trumps just about everything else except War in importance and impact.

As shown in the above chart, every previous major culture has collapsed during a solar minimum, and this time will not be an exception.

von Koehler

Kein Krieg für Israel!

I'm watching the Archibald video now. The first 30 minutes to me are a bit dry, discusses the geopolitical situation particularly China. I do understand the need and the venue; famine historically can lead to invasion and war. It would be nice if we could see his charts, but they aren't shown.

2nd half - what climate will do - 8% decrease in production for each degree of centigrade decline in average annual temperature in the corn belt, and he said this is what will take the US out of exporting by 2030. Goes on to discuss geopolitics again, energy issues, seems to think China is looking to attack Japan and bring in the US. Takes questions at 37 minute mark. Grain belts will move south. Will lose two weeks in beginning and end of growing season, greater chance of frosts, and thinks growing areas will be drier. He can see gas and food prices double in the US.

Von Koehler, why worry about changing people or how many are reading this thread? You are doing a lot for the few of us who may care about your topic, if indeed it is only a few, (I suspect there are a lot like us reading but keeping their preparations to themselves, either for privacy of because they feel they have nothing additional to contribute.) And a lot of us are probably sharing and that will get your knowledge to more people than those you are trying to change. I know I'm sharing as much as anyone will accept, but I don't bother with anyone who doesn't want to hear what I have to offer.

And besides, why would you want to change someone who doesn't want to believe what you're presenting here? If they are not the survivor type, aren't you better off sharing your knowledge with those of us who are willing to make the most use of it? Even our modern civilization can't possibly support 8 billion people through a deep solar minimum, so why not be happy you've found a bunch of us who want to survive. It will take the survivor types if we have any chance at all of getting through a really bad minimum without ending up back in the pre-industrial age or unfortunately, an even more primitive era. No one will have the time or resources to coddle along reluctant survivors beyond perhaps a few close to us whom we really care about.

TxGal, I just listened to this Archibald video, too. Too bad we didn't get to see his charts, but I doubt they're any better than what von Koehler has been posting here.

I've taken down the Archibald book and dusted it off and will read it as soon as I finish the book I'm reading now. This video really is information from the book, and only a fraction of it. Can't remember for sure, but I think there's a lot of historical details in the book. About conditions in previous minima. And the book is written pretty much in layman's terms, so not as difficult to wrap one's mind around as were John Casey's books "Dark Sun" and "Cold Winter".

Von Koehler, why worry about changing people or how many are reading this thread? You are doing a lot for the few of us who may care about your topic, if indeed it is only a few, (I suspect there are a lot like us reading but keeping their preparations to themselves, either for privacy of because they feel they have nothing additional to contribute.) And a lot of us are probably sharing and that will get your knowledge to more people than those you are trying to change. I know I'm sharing as much as anyone will accept, but I don't bother with anyone who doesn't want to hear what I have to offer.

And besides, why would you want to change someone who doesn't want to believe what you're presenting here? If they are not the survivor type, aren't you better off sharing your knowledge with those of us who are willing to make the most use of it? Even our modern civilization can't possibly support 8 billion people through a deep solar minimum, so why not be happy you've found a bunch of us who want to survive. It will take the survivor types if we have any chance at all of getting through a really bad minimum without ending up back in the pre-industrial age or unfortunately, an even more primitive era. No one will have the time or resources to coddle along reluctant survivors beyond perhaps a few close to us whom we really care about.
    Points well taken.

Will resume.

von Koehler

Kein Krieg für Israel!

Well the thead has almost 1,400. replies and 47,000. views so people are looking an reading this thread.

Unlike the one I started on spotless sun count which has only 26,000 or so views.

Publius, yours is still an important thread. It just isn't the type that we as readers can contribute a lot more to. I still check it every day to see if there are any new posts. And I'm sure others are doing the same thing.

Publius, yours is still an important thread. It just isn't the type that we as readers can contribute a lot more to. I still check it every day to see if there are any new posts. And I'm sure others are doing the same thing.

I'm just saying the thread catches the eye and intrests of people, yes your right my two year old thread is not one for formal discusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
    Thank you Von Koehler for all your energy & time in informing & educating us! Also, Martinhouse, impressed with your gardening system. Just a note.... when there is no sun or fertilizer to garden with you can sprout your seeds for fabulous nutrition. For instance, broccoli takes maybe 90 days to grow to maturity & sprouting takes a few days. There are 50X more phytonutrients in the sprouts than the mature head of broccoli. I use hemp bags to sprout in, some use jars...for seeds & beans. For instance I soak than sprout chick peas...then make the hummus & your nutritional intake is super sized.
    Lindy, this is valuable information, sprouting increases nutrition. Please share your knowledge with us!

WWG1WGA

“Hope has two beautiful daughters; their names are Anger and Courage. Anger at the way things are, and Courage to see that they do not remain as they are.”
    St. Augustine of Hippo

I share what I learn here with anyone who will listen. If fewer act on the knowledge, that means when I go to town for an extra stock of some item, I'm not likely to find it has been sold out. I don't think the world can support 8 billion people through a deep minimum, so let us and those we can touch, and those others who do listen, be the ones who can make it through and keep their survival knowledge going. The world will need the kind of people who can survive by their own efforts.
    That's what I've begun doing. While over the years I've ordered grains from Emergency Essentials, Honeyville, or Pleasant Hill Grain, we have nieces and nephews who are LDS. For the first time ever, I'm going to the LDS store to purchase beans and grains, hopefully next week. Their prices are very good, and they believe in family preparedness. The more GSM articles I see in the mainstream news, the more pressing is the feeling that I need to get this done now.

Iceagefarmer has a new video report out. The first few minutes is what he believes is Wordpress censoring GSM news. The rest, though, is news about massive corn crop loss in Canada, and other weather impacts here in the states and around the world.

Run time is 11:46, and try as I do my system just hangs up on posting videos.

http://www.iceagefarmer.com/2018/11/...cks-declining/