Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

The Grand Solar Minimum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122
Results 4,841 to 4,856 of 4856
    I'd already just decided that Millie is going to be spayed. I lucked out in that my last rescue female had already been spayed, just like my sister's was today, so I'm not counting on being so lucky a second time. But I will be getting the $40 off coupon, and that will help, although the bill will still be pretty high. Then I'll stock up on the Frontline equivalent at the feed store, which I've been told works just as well as the Frontline does.

Millie attacked dry food with as much enthusiasm as she does the canned food, so I'm lucky again, to not have a picky cat.

So now I have Bar Bait that I won't dare use in the greenhouse because if those rats eat it and die somewhere, Millie could eat them and also die. But if she does her job, I won't need to use the bar bait, will I?

DuByne just posted another nice article on oilseedcrops.org. It's about the flooding in China which is paralleling what happened here in the US this spring and is still happening in both places. Lots of pictures.

He's back to saying the bad flooding was in Oklahoma when he is talking about Nebraska, other than that, it's a good article as are most of them on this website.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Martinhouse View Post
    I'd already just decided that Millie is going to be spayed. I lucked out in that my last rescue female had already been spayed, just like my sister's was today, so I'm not counting on being so lucky a second time. But I will be getting the $40 off coupon, and that will help, although the bill will still be pretty high. Then I'll stock up on the Frontline equivalent at the feed store, which I've been told works just as well as the Frontline does.

Millie attacked dry food with as much enthusiasm as she does the canned food, so I'm lucky again, to not have a picky cat.

So now I have Bar Bait that I won't dare use in the greenhouse because if those rats eat it and die somewhere, Millie could eat them and also die. But if she does her job, I won't need to use the bar bait, will I?
    Some cats have the natural instinct/urge to be excellent mousers - other cats can be hit-and-miss.

intothegoodnight
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas, "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"

Quote Originally Posted by intothatgoodnight View Post
    Some cats have the natural instinct/urge to be excellent mousers - other cats can be hit-and-miss.

intothegoodnight
    Very true... there seems to be a strong genetic component, along with the fact that mother cats teach the kittens to hunt... some much more effectively than others.

But if a stray shows up and isn't starving, it likely is at least a decent hunter!

I wish at least one of the barn cats would hunt like a cat I remember from childhood, though... she used to bring home headless cottontail rabbits, which weighed as much as she did! I lost almost all my vines this year to blasted rabbits... a cat who thinks they are prey would be valuable!

Summerthyme

Here's a couple of things I'd like to share that we think have to do with the GSM and perhaps with changing magnetic field.

I've lived here for 42 years and the only time a wasp gets in my house is if it accidently zooms through the doorway as I'm going in or out, but also in the spring when one is looking for a place to start her nest and in the fall when one is looking for a place to winter over. I'm am presently stalking the third wasp in less than a week that is flying around my kitchen and living room.

A couple of days ago my sister saw a robin hopping around in her yard. Today while we were talking on the phone she saw one in a different part of her yard. We NEVER have robins here in the summer! She has no way of knowing if it was the same one both times or two different birds. I've seen them down in our big town but out here we've only ever seen them in the spring and in the fall when they are in their seasonal migrations.

The cool-down predicted for this coming week is going to feel like late September here.

This sort of thing gives me a very eerie feeling.

went shopping a few days ago...I could not belive the empty shelves at the local Walmart. The entire aisle of mashed potatoes ect, was wiped out, with little yellow stickers saying they are temporarily out of stock. I always stock up on boxes of instant mashed potatoes before cold and flu season as everyone loves to eat them when suffering from colds or flu. They seem to be easy on the stomach and throat. So I thought maybe I will order from Amazon. Amazon has a lot of stuff not available in prime pantry also.
    I am slowly stocking up when I can. Something feels off lately. I feel like the weather wants to change back to cool soon. Hope not, my little garden is very slow this year.

I wonder what is up with certain foods being unavailable. You would think it would not be happening so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
    went shopping a few days ago...I could not belive the empty shelves at the local Walmart. The entire aisle of mashed potatoes ect, was wiped out, with little yellow stickers saying they are temporarily out of stock. I always stock up on boxes of instant mashed potatoes before cold and flu season as everyone loves to eat them when suffering from colds or flu. They seem to be easy on the stomach and throat. So I thought maybe I will order from Amazon. Amazon has a lot of stuff not available in prime pantry also.
    I am slowly stocking up when I can. Something feels off lately. I feel like the weather wants to change back to cool soon. Hope not, my little garden is very slow this year.

I wonder what is up with certain foods being unavailable. You would think it would not be happening so quickly.
    Oh my, thanks for posting what you saw. It just keeps getting worse and it appears to be widespread.

That's exactly why we like keeping the instant mashed potatoes on hand. Great when someone is under the weather, and I'll even add them to chicken broth to make it a little more substantial.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinhouse View Post
    Here's a couple of things I'd like to share that we think have to do with the GSM and perhaps with changing magnetic field.

I've lived here for 42 years and the only time a wasp gets in my house is if it accidently zooms through the doorway as I'm going in or out, but also in the spring when one is looking for a place to start her nest and in the fall when one is looking for a place to winter over. I'm am presently stalking the third wasp in less than a week that is flying around my kitchen and living room.

A couple of days ago my sister saw a robin hopping around in her yard. Today while we were talking on the phone she saw one in a different part of her yard. We NEVER have robins here in the summer! She has no way of knowing if it was the same one both times or two different birds. I've seen them down in our big town but out here we've only ever seen them in the spring and in the fall when they are in their seasonal migrations.

The cool-down predicted for this coming week is going to feel like late September here.

We get the robins about the same time you do. That is just odd, I wonder if they're following that cold front? We're going to get it too, and it looks like it'll drop our temps further than first reported.

I'm getting that uneasy feeling, too. If we have a very early fall, what the heck will that mean for winter!?

Quote Originally Posted by Martinhouse View Post

Eating dinner with my father the other night at his house in RI. He has had nuthatches around the last few das and he said they are never here in the summer. Only spring and fall as they are travelling through.

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    Believe me, there WILL BE at least one (hundred... or thousand) "intact mama cats" around if needed! Get Milly spayed... you can go from one nice, hunting female to several dozen faster thsn you'd believe. And no, tbere isn't any SAFE birth control for cats... there is a hormone they can be given that stops them going into heat, but it increases risks of cancers, diabetes, uterine disease and liver problems.

Summerthyme
    So. those irritating ads for medicines that will cure what ails you but cause thirteen other serious side effects up to and including death, are hitting the animal medicines too? What a crock! That's not medicine.
    Don't be dismayed by goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends. --Richard Bach

Adapt 2030 has a new podcast out this morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTJlTGMjh_A

Ancient Palaces and Multi-Thousand Rain Cycles Return (854)

Run time is 10:35

The discovery of a Mittani Palace from 3500 years ago that resurfaced in the Mosul Dam brings us to a 3500 year rain cycle and over 6000 years a cycle of Grand Solar Minimums on a 400 year pattern. The rise and fall of civilization time immoral are dictated by the Sun. We are in another cycle of contraction.

Interesting podcast. I'm sure there are lots more places like this all over the world, but we will never know about it because we'll be too busy dealing with the same thing happening to us!

The answer to when was VP Pence called away for his emergency is 7-2-2019

http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...ergency-7-2-19
    Don't be dismayed by goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends. --Richard Bach

Grand Solar Minimum has a new podcast out today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8oKgJWYPRk

Hype with Heat - Germany Green Energy Fail - Crop Report Looking Bleak GSM CLIMATE NEWS

Run time is 20:55

Here's a little podcast from an 'average' lady talking about putting food up, problems with her garden, and shortages, etc. A nice change of pace; perhaps more interesting are the comments below the podcast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VFHXFDUVMY

Early Food Shortages ~ Stocking Food ~ Winter is Coming

Run time is 15:34

Adapt 2030 has a new podcast out this morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBHLRkLB_6k

This is Now Happening to Earth's Atmosphere (855)

Run time is 6:45

Strongest Summer Jet Stream Winds EVER recorded in the Northern Hemisphere summer bringing almost a foot of snow to west coast peaks from BC to Colorado, couple that with Typhoons moving N/S in the Pacific and Zonal Temperatures showing anomalies ever since June and we can see that Earth's atmosphere has begun to shift to the Grand Solar Minimum pattern.