Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

The Grand Solar Minimum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 155 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,560 of 6178
    I am up later than I should be and have just discovered that a new Ice Age Farmer podcast is being loaded. I didn't see when it will be ready to listen to, but I can't stay up any more and will watch it in the morning.

It is a longer one, well over half an hour and looks like it will be a good one. Says it's about wildlife and the already apparent lack of forage for this coming winter.

It was interesting to read that China keeps large food reserves for its people....we used to, but no longer. That is sad.

Ice Age Farmer has a new podcast out this morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jucb1uXhBow

Dire Consequences for Wildlife: On The Ground with Tom in Ohio

Run time is 48:02

Tom from North Central Ohio, a retired farmer, agronomist, and wildlife observer, joins Christian of Ice Age Farmer for this latest "On the Ground" report to discuss a remarkable lack of forage for wildlife this year (no acorns, light chestnuts and berries), which likely presages one of the longest, hungriest winters in decades. We explore how the effects of natural cycles such as the Grand Solar Minimum can be unpredictable -- ever heard of the billion squirrel migration? -- and how we need to prepare now.

Here's an ominous article (pic and a few links at the site):

https://electroverse.net/u-s-canadia...et-conditions/

Serious U.S., Canadian Spring-Wheat Harvest Concerns Following Cold and Wet Conditions

September 21, 2019 Cap Allon

Wheat futures were on the march north this week…

A record-cold Q1/2 and excessively wet conditions ever-since have decimated the quality of spring and durum wheat crops in the northern U.S. Plains and Canadian Prairies, reports Reuters.

Historic cold earlier in the year led to a very late planting season, and while that’s causing its own yield and quality concerns, it’s the persistent rains and waterlogging which are giving farmers the biggest headaches of late.

The wet conditions are severely hampering harvest efforts, and have even caused some mature, un-harvested wheat kernels to begin to sprout, severely damaging the quality.

Farmers in North Dakota, by far the largest U.S. spring wheat producer, were 73% harvested by Sept 15. Crops still standing due to the weather delays –some 86 million bushels– will likely have the poorest quality.

“It’s really bad news,” said Joel Ransom, an agronomist with North Dakota State University in Fargo.

While just north of the border, in Canada, the wheat harvest is even-less advanced.

Farmers had gathered just 13% of Saskatchewan’s spring wheat crop as of Monday, Sept 16. Harvest progress for all crops in the province totaled a paltry 23%, which is less than half the five-year average pace of 50%.

The top grades of U.S. and Canadian spring and durum wheat “just are not going to be available in the same volumes,” said Chuck Penner, analyst at Winnipeg-based LeftField Commodity Research.

And Jonathan Lane, head of ADM Agriculture’s grain trading, added that “weather concerns are still apparent in the southern hemisphere,” too.

Wheat futures were on the march north this week, and as the harvest data continues rolling in, and the numbers continue falling short of what are very unrealistic market expectations, we should look for commodity prices to skyrocket in the coming months.

Stay tuned for updates.

Grow your own.

The cold times are returning, in line with historically low solar activity: (see chart)

For those who haven't been to the twitter site #noharvest19, it would be a good idea to go and read the posts. Don't forget to hit the 'latest' tab.

https://twitter.com/search?q=noharvest%2019&src=typd

There are also some good updates at the original site, #NoPlant19 (skim past any nonsense, of course - someone going by GoodBadUgly4 has posted a lot of political 'stuff'):

https://twitter.com/hashtag/NoPlant19?src=hash

Just finished the Ice Age Farmer interview. Not earth-shattering, but interesting for sure, and some of the information could be important, for instance, the lack of birds and insects.

https://www.iceagenow.info/spain-lea...er/#more-29567

Spain – Leafy vegetable shortages a sure thing in the winter

September 21, 2019 by Robert

Entire villages and fields flooded.

In Murcia and Alicante whole villages have been flooded by the extreme amount of rainfall. More than 400mm (15.8 inches) fell locally in the past two days.”

“On Friday afternoon, it seemed the rain was over. But, on Saturday morning at about 05:00, there was a huge thunderstorm. There were hailstones the size of golfballs and bigger,” says Thomasol’s Thomas Bos. This storm caused significant damage in Puerto Lumbreras, in Murcia, and Pulpí. “A lot of the first crops of broccoli, iceberg lettuce, and other lettuce varieties have been lost.”

The damage will be “unbelievably large,” said a resident. “One grower says 90%, if not 100%, of his crops for the December harvest are lost.

https://www.freshplaza.com/article/9...rce=20-09-2019

Thanks to Caroline Snyder for this link

There's a new MIAC podcast up on Adapt 2030 youtube now. It's #232 and runs 14 minutes.

It's about using the US/China trade war to explain away high food prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinhouse View Post
    There's a new MIAC podcast up on Adapt 2030 youtube now. It's #232 and runs 14 minutes.

It's about using the US/China trade war to explain away high food prices.
    Thanks, here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEinocofVpM

(MIAC #232) Using the US/China Trade War to Explain Away High Food Prices

Run time is 14:00

DuByne creator of the ADAPT 2030 channel on YouTube discusses energetic changes on Earth as the Sun moves into its 400-year cycle affecting crop production, the economy and everyone on our planet. This is an energetic timeline for what you can expect from now to 2023.

•IPCC begins to use the word “cooling” in the new 2020 report
    •Six month high in China food inflation prices
    •Avian flu back in China
    •Under supply of fish feed in China
    •China Slammed by Food Inflation, who’s next?
    •Inter-tropical Tropical Convergence Zone shifting creating bigger floods
    •Recurring drought cycle 820 AD-2020 AD

Yayyy, more rain and storms..I can't take much more.

Just finished the Ice Age Farmer interview. Not earth-shattering, but interesting for sure, and some of the information could be important, for instance, the lack of birds and insects.
    As bad as I hate bugs, they are a bellwether; a canary in the coal mine. I had hundreds of insects on one leaf in my garden in June. One day in late July, overnight, they went poof. Gone. Heat? UV? I have no idea? My pesticide (Sevin 5%) didn't do anything to them for weeks and then, they were just gone. One strange year.
    Don't be dismayed by goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends. --Richard Bach

Quote Originally Posted by TxGal View Post
    There are also some good updates at the original site, #NoPlant19 (skim past any nonsense, of course - someone going by GoodBadUgly4 has posted a lot of political 'stuff'):

https://twitter.com/hashtag/NoPlant19?src=hash
    Patriot Power is another one I started ignoring. Thanks for posting the Twitter stuff. I don't have a Twit account, so searching the site is impossible for now.
    Don't be dismayed by goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends. --Richard Bach

I am seriously considering closing my forum to the public so only members can read or post.
    Membership is still open so join if you want to now.

von Koehler
    Fad saol agat, gob fliuch, agus bás in Éirinn!

Christianity is the estranged descendent of a bizarre Jewish apocalyptic cult.

Kein Krieg für Israel!

Another article forecasting a potentially severe winter - please go to the link for charts and graphs:

https://electroverse.net/winter-in-e...r-5-this-year/

European Winter brought forward to October 5 this Year — Arctic Blast set to deliver plunging Temps and Heavy Early-Season Snow

September 22, 2019 Cap Allon

We’re admittedly a long way off, but latest GFS runs are forecasting a brutal beginning to October for the majority of Europe, with widespread plunging temps and large accumulations of early-season snow building over higher elevations.

The cold is on course to descend during the first week of October, with temperature departures of more than 20C below average in store for regions like the Balkans, located to the SE.

The Balkans are also set to see the largest snowfalls.

Over 3 feet of powder is forecast for the mountainous regions of southern Serbia, Kosovo, Northern Macedonia and Montenegro between Friday, Oct 04 thru Monday, Oct 07.

The Alps are also set for similarly shocking totals, as is Central/Northern Norway.

While Scotland, and even Northern England, are on course for some settling early-October snow, too.

Again, these models are still in the unreliable time-frame –so stay tuned for updates– but the fact they’re picking up on such a brutal shift from summer to winter is a likely sign of the times.

Historical documentation forewarns that during times of Grand Solar Minima (like the one we’re entering now), the growing seasons are shortened to such an extent the crops which prevailing civilizations had come to depend upon simply no longer have the time to mature.

This climate catastrophe cycle has repeated itself time immemorial and is responsible for the fall of EVERY great civilization of the past.

And I’m afraid our modern one will prove no different.

In fact, what we’ve built is arguably far more fragile and susceptible to climatic changes than those which came before.

A main road closure –due to drifting snow, for example– and that’s your food supply cut off. And then the power goes out or your gas line gets interrupted, you’re gonna heat your home how?

It really isn’t going to take much to put an end to us.

Modern humans are prepared for a world of tech and tweets. Nobody gives a shit about learning how to grow their own food, or even how to build a basic fire. Without electricity, we’re all useless flabby blobs with a dangerous disconnect from nature — and that’s what’ll end us.

The Grand Solar Minimum can be ‘managed’ if you’re prepared, but if it takes you by surprise, perhaps in the middle of #ClimateStrike retweet-binge, you’re gonna struggle, and panic, and then potentially windup in the awkward situation of having eat your neighbor.

The cold times ARE returning, in line with historically low solar activity:

Don’t believe NOAA’s cherry-picked, UHI-ignoring global thermometer data.Instead, ditch the iPhone and prepare.

TxGal, a great article and easy to read.

If it were just a matter of shorter growing seasons, I'd start everything in smaller pots in my greenhouse and then transplant it all outside to the big containers. But I'm afraid there are more factors than just a too short season. Like too many cloudy days and when there's sun, that sun is just somehow WRONG. If I grow anything at all in the near future, it may be things like potatoes, onions and maybe sweet potatoes...all in the greenhouse...just enough to hopefully have a small supply of seed crop brought forward for whenever the climate might decide to get back closer to normal.

"Modern humans are prepared for a world of tech and tweets. Nobody gives a shit about learning how to grow their own food, or even how to build a basic fire. Without electricity, we’re all useless flabby blobs with a dangerous disconnect from nature — and that’s what’ll end us."

Not all of us. But even with skills, this ain't gonna be easy. As a child, I hung on the Elders every word. I learned to live as they used to before the grid. That grid is a faithless and fickle friend. You should have already been prepared and skilled. I should pity the unprepared, but I just don't. I sacrificed much to earn this knowledge, but I count it as a fair trade. My life will most probably hang in that balance, and those of my family. This intentionally engineered disconnect from Natural Law will slay millions. I do not intend to be among them. Great article, simple and to the point. Thanks for posting.

There's a good amount of volcanic activity worldwide today. None are in the upper VEI scores, but there are several that are kicking ash high enough into the atmosphere that it makes one wonder how much effect it could have on our weather.

Here's the link for updated info: https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/volcanoes/today.html

If you visit Volcanoes Today, there are several that keep showing up in reports (very active):

Popocatépetl (Central Mexico): Explosive activity continues. Volcanic Ash Advisory Center (VAAC) Washington warned about a volcanic ash plume that rose up to estimated 22000 ft (6700 m) altitude or flight level 220.
    The full report is as follows: CONS VA EM to 22000 ft (6700 m)

Sabancaya (Peru): Explosive activity continues. Volcanic Ash Advisory Center (VAAC) Buenos Aires warned about a volcanic ash plume that rose up to estimated 24000 ft (7300 m) altitude or flight level 240 and is moving at 15 kts in WSW direction.
    The full report is as follows: INTERMITTENT EMS to 24000 ft (7300 m)

The Grand Solar Minimum (GSM) News has a new podcast out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ11GIo6MyQ

TS Karen, Next system to watch / Solar Update / GSM News/ 9/23/19

Run time is 15:59

No official synopsis given, but slow solar winds, no new sunspots makes us at solar minimum conditions, but there is a coronal hole forming, plus more info.

Adapt 2030 has a new podcast out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJTUoyQdy0g

Down Economy, High Food Prices & Negative Interest Is Good For You (892)

Run time is 6:57

Farm Services Agency (FSA) releasing Non-plant acres showing highest ever recorded @ 19.1 million acres, add in a collapsing global economy and negative interest rates that will lock the credit system and in turn the just in time delivery system, whats not to like according to banking analysts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (Well, Martinhouse, I think we'll be adding to our grocery lists)

TxGal, thanks for the link. After I listened to this one, I clicked on another and now I can't find it to describe it to you.

It was from Yanasa Ama Ranch and it was about farmers being given loans to build more storage facilities and some rules about storage restriction being changed. This is just a rough description, but it was very interesting. The podcast ran 21:XX minutes, if that helps any.

Not sure if you'll think it belongs here but you might want to check it out. I thought it might be hinting that our administration wants to encourage building up a reserve again of the crops that have had so much go wrong this last year or two.

Pod of killer whales spotted of the Washington coast appear to 'body surf' through waves
    Posted: 9:09 AM, Sep 23, 2019 Updated: 1 hour ago
    By: Associated Press

A pod of orcas was spotted frolicking in Washington state's Puget Sound on Friday.
    The orcas, also known as killer whales, were seen surfing and breaching close to Bainbridge Island, near Seattle.
    While it appeared the orcas were frolicking and surfing waves, whale experts tell KOMO television that the whales are hunting for fish in the sound before they swim into rivers and canals.

Their appearance in Puget Sound is a bit earlier than usual this year.

https://www.kpax.com/news/national/p...-through-waves
    Last edited by LucyT; 09-23-2019 at 10:30 PM.

TxGal, thanks for the link. After I listened to this one, I clicked on another and now I can't find it to describe it to you.

It was from Yanasa Ama Ranch and it was about farmers being given loans to build more storage facilities and some rules about storage restriction being changed. This is just a rough description, but it was very interesting. The podcast ran 21:XX minutes, if that helps any.

Not sure if you'll think it belongs here but you might want to check it out. I thought it might be hinting that our administration wants to encourage building up a reserve again of the crops that have had so much go wrong this last year or two.
    You're welcome, wish it was longer but we'll take new info as we can get it.

Thanks, I'll see if I can find that video, it sounds interesting and should be a good addition to the thread.

Martinhouse, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl9P5-I65-I

IS A FOOD SHORTAGE COMING? | US Policies Spur Crop Hoarding | CHINA OUT OF OPTIONS

Run time is 21:07

Are we planning for a food shortage? Current US Policies may be spurring an increase in crop hoarding. Farmers with financial strength are storing more crops and building more storage facilities. According to the USDA Crop storage is up to 13.5 Billion Bushels. Crop storage has increased in the United States since 2004 and recent policies may be pushing farmers to store more.

TxGal, thanks, I'm glad you found it! And I'll be watching that short MIAC right away!

I got four really big pumpkins at WM this morning and want to go back and get at least four more. All to dice and dehydrate for future chickens. Will be a good addition to any greens I can forage for them.

Only problem is, these first four pumpkins are parked outside the back door on one of my wagons and I haven't a clue where to put them. Absolutely no room indoors for that many large "things"! I may have to just keep them on the wagon right there in the shade, stack any more and put any more I get there, too, and cover it all with a small weighted down tarp. It will be mostly shade and will probably be the coolest place for them.

TxGal, thanks, I'm glad you found it! And I'll be watching that short MIAC right away!

I got four really big pumpkins at WM this morning and want to go back and get at least four more. All to dice and dehydrate for future chickens. Will be a good addition to any greens I can forage for them.

Only problem is, these first four pumpkins are parked outside the back door on one of my wagons and I haven't a clue where to put them. Absolutely no room indoors for that many large "things"! I may have to just keep them on the wagon right there in the shade, stack any more and put any more I get there, too, and cover it all with a small weighted down tarp. It will be mostly shade and will probably be the coolest place for them.
    You're welcome! Good for you on the pumpkins, but don't leave them out at night! You'll make the raccoons very happy :-)

Great short article, but the truly important part is shown in all the graphics - please go to the website to read/see them:

https://electroverse.net/big-gains-f...-record-start/

Big Gains for Greenland Ice Sheet + N. Hemisphere ‘Total Snow Mass’ off to a Record Start

September 23, 2019 Cap Allon

On the back of substantial surface mass balance (SMB) gains over the past few years, the Greenland ice sheet looks set to continue that trend in 2019-20.

Large areas to the Southeast are currently GAINING at RECORD LEVELS.

Check out the latest measurements from September 22, 2019 (courtesy of the DMI): (see graphic at the site)

‘Total Snow Mass’ off to a Record Start

And in addition to all those Greenland gains, the first data point of the 2019-20 Total snow mass for the Northern Hemisphere season has just been plotted, and it would appear that a substantial volume of last year’s well-above-average snowpack survived the summer melt, giving this season a record breaking head start: (see graphic at the site)

This is how glaciers form.

This is also how ice ages begin.

The cold times are returning, in line with historically low solar activity: (again, see graphic at site)

Prepare

Just watched that short MIAC. Talk about 7 minutes worth of "Disaster 101"!

Forgot to mention...There were green peas at WM, Libby and Great Value brands, still no Del Monte. The section for dried peas, beans and lentils was contracted to one section maybe 6' wide, and was no longer the last section of the aisle, but was moved so that rice of all kinds was at the end. Less noticeable how short the beans section is when it's not at the end. Also, there were no baby food peas at all and lots of squash and sweet potatoes but only 6 jars of carrots. In the produce department, there were two boxes each of which held a few oversized sweet potatoes (too big to be good eating, I'd think!) plus several bags of somewhat undersized sweet potatoes. I thought these bags were odd because they contained quite a few tubers in each, more than the usual oblivious shopper would be interested in buying.
    -----
    P.S. Guess you're right about leaving my pumpkins out at night. Poop! They are so heavy! Wonder how many would fit in a galvanized trashcan? Maybe I should try to finalize all my prep shopping, and then just lock them in the back of my truck!!!!! That might actually work as long as there's no freezing weather. AHHH! Brainstorm! I can pull the wagon into the greenhouse at night when it's cooled down and then pull it back out behind the house during the day!

I always think of ways to do things if I blabber about them long enough, in one form or another.

P.P.S. That Electroverse article on Greenland is some scary stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by von Koehler View Post
    I am seriously considering closing my forum to the public so only members can read or post.
    Membership is still open so join if you want to now.

von Koehler
    My forum will be closed to "guests" on 27 Sept. After that only members will be able to read or make posts. Membership registration will no longer be automatic.
    Fad saol agat, gob fliuch, agus bás in Éirinn!

Christianity is the estranged descendent of a bizarre Jewish apocalyptic cult.

Kein Krieg für Israel!

Quote Originally Posted by von Koehler View Post
    My forum will be closed to "guests" on 27 Sept. After that only members will be able to read or make posts. Membership registration will no longer be automatic.
    Have I been missing something? What forum?
    Been reading for years, just now starting to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by mudlogger View Post
    Have I been missing something? What forum?
    von Koehler started his own forum on the GSM.

Thanks Tx...I'm from Midland, bless my heart.

I read every day, but don't have much to add...well, we're back on the
    lentil/split pea train, and we're going to grow some greens in the basement
    this winter. I'm buying 50 lbs of local potatoes tomorrow...the small ones will
    go in the root cellar for seed in the spring just in case, and I'll can or dry the
    others. (I'm so excited...I bought a french fry cutter and a mandoline just
    for this project.)
    Last edited by mudlogger; 09-23-2019 at 10:09 PM.
    Been reading for years, just now starting to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by mudlogger View Post
    Thanks Tx...I'm from Midland, bless my heart.

I read every day, but don't have much to add...well, we're back on the
    lentil/split pea train, and we're going to grow some greens in the basement
    this winter. I'm buying 50 lbs of local potatoes tomorrow...the small ones will
    go in the root cellar for seed in the spring just in case, and I'll can or dry the
    others. (I'm so excited...I bought a french fry cutter and a mandoline just
    for this project.)
    You're welcome! We're originally from Virginia, and I sure do miss my basement! We could store anything down there. Here, well you know how that goes. I love my mandoline, darn near took off the tips of my fingers despite the warnings...great tool to have. Let us know how the indoor growing goes, I have a hunch a lot of us will be giving that a try soon. Also adding to stored grains/legumes here. May well add more freeze dried despite the price, just for variety and length of storage time.

Winter seems to be knocking on the door in some areas (please go to the site for graphics/charts):

https://electroverse.net/monroe-wash...e-in-two-days/

Monroe, WA breaks its all-Time September Low Temperature Record TWICE in two days

September 24, 2019 Cap Allon

Even before the forecast Arctic blast brings plunging temps and early season snow to the Northwest this weekend, towns and cities in the region have already been busy busting all-time cold records, much to the MSM’s chagrin. We’ve reported on a few of late, now here’s another:

According to official NOAA data, a new Lowest Minimum Temperature for the month of September was set at Monroe, WA on Tues, Sept 17. The mercury dipped to -1.7C (29F) which busted the previous record low of -1.1C (30F) set back in 1970.

Furthermore, that previous record low was broken for a second time just a day later, when the temperature again hit the -1.7C (29F) mark on Wed, Sept 18.

Those two readings of -1.7C are now in the books as the coldest September temperatures ever recorded in the city of Monroe, WA since it began keeping official records back in 1929.

In addition, a new daily Minimum Low Temperature record was set at Monroe on Fri, Sept 20 in 90 years of data. Last week’s -1.1C (30F) comfortably toppled the old record of 1.7C (35F) set back in 1983 (and would of tied the previous monthly record low from 1970, too).

The cold times are returning, in line with historically low solar activity: (see graphic)

Prepare

Hay they are now forecasting and very early winter for parts of europe and some talk it many be one of the coldest and most brutal winter yet on modern records.
    This has yet to happen so we have to wait and see if it turns out as predicted.

Just watched that short MIAC. Talk about 7 minutes worth of "Disaster 101"!

Forgot to mention...There were green peas at WM, Libby and Great Value brands, still no Del Monte. The section for dried peas, beans and lentils was contracted to one section maybe 6' wide, and was no longer the last section of the aisle, but was moved so that rice of all kinds was at the end. Less noticeable how short the beans section is when it's not at the end. Also, there were no baby food peas at all and lots of squash and sweet potatoes but only 6 jars of carrots. In the produce department, there were two boxes each of which held a few oversized sweet potatoes (too big to be good eating, I'd think!) plus several bags of somewhat undersized sweet potatoes. I thought these bags were odd because they contained quite a few tubers in each, more than the usual oblivious shopper would be interested in buying.
    -----
    P.S. Guess you're right about leaving my pumpkins out at night. Poop! They are so heavy! Wonder how many would fit in a galvanized trashcan? Maybe I should try to finalize all my prep shopping, and then just lock them in the back of my truck!!!!! That might actually work as long as there's no freezing weather. AHHH! Brainstorm! I can pull the wagon into the greenhouse at night when it's cooled down and then pull it back out behind the house during the day!

I always think of ways to do things if I blabber about them long enough, in one form or another.

P.P.S. That Electroverse article on Greenland is some scary stuff!
    Martinhouse, remember Cal Smiths's old (1974) country song about frost on the pumpkin? A few years ago, I decided to let my Pumpkins and Butternut and Acorn squash stay on the vine until after first frost. Sweet. Much sweeter than they would have been if I'd picked them before that frost. Then I read on a garden forum that was an old gardener's trick. And I thought I discovered something all by myself. LOL. Leaving them in your truck should be fine.

Seeker22, The guy who mows for me stopped by yesterday evening and I made a place for the pumpkins in my back porch and he moved them for me. They can stay there until they are all worked up the way I want them. It's dark out there so I'll put a sheet folded into a strip on them so I don't forget they're there and trip. They have made the "path" from the kitchen door to the outside door pretty narrow!

It's been raining really hard here since the weather radio woke me at 8 AM. I have no idea when it started but my sister said she got caught in some really hard rain on here way to town an hour earlier. We've needed this rain badly and I'm sure glad it didn't come with a lot of wind, thunder and lightning!

Oh my, here it comes - thanks northern watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker22 View Post
    Martinhouse, remember Cal Smiths's old (1974) country song about frost on the pumpkin? A few years ago, I decided to let my Pumpkins and Butternut and Acorn squash stay on the vine until after first frost. Sweet. Much sweeter than they would have been if I'd picked them before that frost. Then I read on a garden forum that was an old gardener's trick. And I thought I discovered something all by myself. LOL. Leaving them in your truck should be fine.
    A bit of light frost won't hurt a bit, but be careful about a hard freeze... it will damage them and drastically limit their storage life. Even a fairly brief period below 28 degrees can cause freeze damage to the skin.

However, covering them with even a light sheet if frost is expected will provide quite a bit of protection, so if you can't get them under cover and a frost is expected, covering them will help prevent damage.

Summerthyme