Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

The Grand Solar Minimum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114
Results 4,521 to 4,560 of 4560
    All fine here. Not a drop of rain...it all passed to the south of me.

If this keeps up, I may even have to do a little (gasp!) watering.

I’m getting as many seeds as I can. Dollar Tree has 4/$1, and today I’m going to check what might be left at Lowe’s. I especially want seed for anything that can be stored for the winter. I’m also going to keep my eyes open for clearance sales on furtilizer and Neem oil.
    I’m also trying to stock up on corn and dry beans, since it looks like their prices may go up.
    I could make it cheaper!!!

Well, we managed to barely get 145 large baleage bales wrapped before the rain moved in again. Next week, which DID have a 5 day window of dry weather, is now calling for rain almost every day. Because no one harvested second crop last year, many farmers have been short of feed for at least a couple months... and some have taken chances snd cut hay which is now rotting on the ground.

Between our son's house fire and this lousy weather, we're both having flashbacks to our early days and *very* hard times on this farm. We lost corn crops 2 years running in the early 1980's due to extreme rains during harvest.

In fact, the last time we saw an extremely wet weather pattern like this, it encouraged us to look for alternatives, and we ended up being one of the very first adopters of management intensive (rotational) grazing in the state.

I think this one may force us into using hoophouse technology for at least our own foid production.

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by prudentwatcher View Post
    I am curious. Several people have mentioned working on their "shopping lists" for food products after reading these reports. What are you focusing on in your food shopping and preps, as some have mentioned revising their lists after listening to some podcasts.

I have been shopping and my stuff is listed on the prep of the day thread in the prep forum, so I am not trolling, just seeking viewpoints.
    Great question! It likely varies by individual and family, and possibly even by geographic location.

For us, we're focusing strongly on long-term storage, grains and grain products - wheat (for flour and baked goods, and sprouting if necessary), oats (mostly quick oats for oatmeal and some baking), pastas, dry beans, dehydrated carrots, onions, and apple slices. All of those items are likely being impacted by the bad weather. They are also a basis for most of our baking, soups, and some meals. We purchase all of the above at the LDS store, but we add a variety of dried legumes and beans from local stores and put them in canning jars, and we buy our rice in bulk at Costco. We figure that with these 'big ones' covered, we have the basics for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and adding our own produce, fruit, eggs, and meat rounds it out.

We raise our own beef, and also have a flock of chickens (most for eggs) and ducks. We are also putting away feed for our livestock, as best we can.

We're way ahead on vegetable seeds and continue to add here and there. We have fruit trees, and berry bushes/plants, but we're fighting the same thing as the farmers and harvest results vary greatly. Best we have gotten has been from the blackberry plants. We have raised bed gardens that we continue to expand, but our garden is struggling for the first time we can ever recall.

We're also stocking up on canned goods, baking necessities, batteries, personal items, all the usual prepper items. Prices seem to be going up across the board, so we're just ramping up our usual items and filling holes. I should add that we are concerned about the possibility of problems with Ebola, especially since we're in Texas and have the border crossings (legal or otherwise).

But, generally, the focus is on food.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinhouse View Post
    All fine here. Not a drop of rain...it all passed to the south of me.

If this keeps up, I may even have to do a little (gasp!) watering.
    Really glad you're okay. I think Cappy is just outside Texarkana, guessing he saw some nasty weather. We're blistering hot today, triple digit heat index. Rain comes in Saturday, and stays through Wednesday; we forecasted for at least a few inches.

Like Summerthyme, I'm going to start worrying about hay again.

If those apples aren't imported, I would think they are from the 2018 crop.

I'd expect the 2019 crop could be a lot worse, provided there even is one.

I'll try to remember to check apples in my stores next time I shop.
    The 10# bags of apples we were buying at Costco said they were from New York.

GenErik, thanks, that's good to know.

I've decided that if I can't get chickens again and can't buy meat or eggs, I'll have to find protein another way. so I'm going to start dehydrating cheese again.

Hint: You do NOT want to put cheese in your dehydrator!

Adapt 2030 has a new podcast out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7P3QsfoHNk

(MIAC #208) The Great Awakening Means a Great Decline in The Global Economy

Run time is 32:39

Published on Jun 20, 2019

(AUDIO PODCAST) MIAC #208 The Great Awakening Means a Great Decline in The Global Economy http://adapt2030.libsyn.com/miac-208-...

David DuByne creator of the ADAPT 2030 channel on YouTube discusses societal changes as our Earth shifts to a cooler climate as the Eddy Grand Solar Minimum intensifies, a 400-year cycle in our Sun which will affect crop production, the economy and everyone on our planet. This is a timeline for what you can expect from now to 2023.

•What happened to the predictions in the 1990s of no more sea ice, no more snow?
    •Alternative View 10 sponsored by Ian Crane Milton Keys 2019
    •Leak Con 2019 in Denver, Colorado
    •Governments begin to posture as awareness of the Grand Solar Minimum begins
    •UK’s rollout of 5G and the opposition
    •EU Integrated Defense Force
    •Dr. Patrick Moore tells US Congress the amount of food we will be able to grow will not be enough to support the population of the planet due to declining solar activity
    •Atlantic Ocean to cool on its 60-year cycle
    •New media lexicon to talk about global warming has changes to climate change and now again changed to climate extremism
    •How will people react mentally when they learn of a cooling planet

I'm starting to get a little worried about TxGal, since she usually posts here every day. Hope she is okay.

Anyway, there were two new podcasts posted yesterday from the two sites that TxGal usually posts links from. One site is oilseedcrops.org and has the Adapt 2030 MIAC series. If you can't get it there, you'll also find it on the Adapt2030 youtube site. Maybe just use the link from post #4528 on this thread. The second new podcast is on iceagefarmer.com and you can either go there or find a link to that site from previous posts of the link by TxGal.

I'm sorry that I don't know how to move things around on the Internet, but at least you can find this new stuff this way until we hear from TxGal.

Adapt 2030 just posted another short video, 6:11, showing lots of pictures of the present flooding in China. It all looks just like the pictures we saw before when the floods were at their peak in Nebraska, Iowa, etc.

He said all this rain and flooding there is following right on the tail of the huge attack of army worms they've just had there.

Again, I'm sorry I don't know how to post this stuff the way TxGal does it.

China Farmland Devastating Floods & USA More Farm Floods Inbound (845)

Run time is 6:11

Published on Jun 22, 2019

The same type of all encompassing flooding that has given birth to the lowest crop production ever recorded in the USA has just happened in China. USA floods copy paste, but in China's southern food grow belt. Five more inches of rain on tap for the US and summer snow in Colorado.
    Don't be dismayed by goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends. --Richard Bach

Yes, that's the short podcast I mentioned in the post just before yours. Do you know how to post the link to go directly to it?

It really is worth watching. This guy often has only audio, but this one is pictures for the whole thing.

No need to post direct link. Open the video in the post above. Once it is playing, click the white word in the lower right corner that says "Youtube". That will load the video as direct link in a new window to the Youtube video. When you post one of these, remember to take the s (which means secure) off of the https protocol, so it will show the picture. This also allows those on tablets and cell phones to see the video.

I too wonder where TxGal went and if she is alright? It was hot today. Picked the garden and got a bunch of canning to do. You can't can eggplant, so we will just have to eat them. Poor us. Roma Tomatoes are the biggest I've ever seen them in my garden, and the Yellow Squash are just huge. As if the plants know the warm weather and sweet growing time is about done. Zucchini will be ready next week and Butternut Squash seedlings are coming up. Takes them awhile to get going, but just like a Democrat, they take over.
    Don't be dismayed by goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends. --Richard Bach

I'm starting to get a little worried about TxGal, since she usually posts here every day. Hope she is okay.

Anyway, there were two new podcasts posted yesterday from the two sites that TxGal usually posts links from. One site is oilseedcrops.org and has the Adapt 2030 MIAC series. If you can't get it there, you'll also find it on the Adapt2030 youtube site. Maybe just use the link from post #4528 on this thread. The second new podcast is on iceagefarmer.com and you can either go there or find a link to that site from previous posts of the link by TxGal.

I'm sorry that I don't know how to move things around on the Internet, but at least you can find this new stuff this way until we hear from TxGal.
    Sorry, I'm okay!! My computer died, and so did my back-up! I'm at DD's using her laptop now, but I'm also bringing back her back-up. I'll know this evening if it's still alive. If not, I won't be back online until we head to Costco in a few days and pick up a new laptop.

Being without internet is no fun!

TxGal! You're here!

You are missed, but I'm so glad you're okay! I was worried about you having another Texas sunstroke.

I'm doing my best, but hurry back...I can't do what you do for this thread!

TxGal! You're here!

You are missed, but I'm so glad you're okay! I was worried about you having another Texas sunstroke.

I'm doing my best, but hurry back...I can't do what you do for this thread!
    Aww, thank you! No, not yet, but it's plenty hot and we have a chance for nasty storms overnight....again....

I'm on my loaner, which really was ours at one point, but please bear with me - I'm having to change settings and relearn it a bit. But, so far, so good!

I think you have much more skill than you think! The short hand version is to highlight over what to want to post, hold down the control key and hit the C key (lower case), then go to where you want to post it and hold down the control key again, and hit the V key. That's the copy and paste method that I learned.

Trying to catch up now :-)

We got 2 1/4" of rain here last evening and overnight. Then this afternoon it has rained for about an hour and a half and we've gotten another inch.

The stormy front part of the system is well past me now and there's just some very light, intermittent rain. Not sure we'll get anything more worth measuring, but 3 1/4" is certainly more than enough!

If there's been any flooding in our big town, I may wait another day to do my regular panic-shopping trip. (: I had hoped to go early tomorrow but there are no pontoons on my little truck so I think I'll give it another day.

Can't believe that June is 3/4 over already! Before I know it, summer will be gone and I'll be cold all the time again. UGH!

Temps were into the 90s for several days but it's supposed to be a little cooler now and most people will like that better.

Welcome back!

Do either of you use Ravelry or know others who do? Dennis and Packy are setting up a new subforum after the article that was posted today about Ravelry. They (Ravelry) are refusing all posts in support of Trump (which is okay if all political speech is banned). But they also accused him of white supremacy. The new sub-forum on TB will allow us to sell our things. At least that is being talked about on the now three page thread on main.

I am calling for a mass walkout on July 4th of all conservatives on Ravelry and migrating to the new place on TB, taking all the students and customer base when they go. Interested? Private message people you know who use Ravelry and direct them to TB. We do this right in stealth mode and they'll never know what hit them until their membership just goes poof.

Thread here: http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...elry-editorial

Ice Age Farmer has a new podcast out (it was two days ago, but I didn't see it here):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pzd5PbwizQ

"Unmitigated Disaster" - Feed Shortage - Planting by Airplane (!)

Run time is 12:20

Published on Jun 21, 2019

Farmers are planting from airplanes (!) -- and many will be unable to feed their animals come fall after record terrible corn and soybeans plantings. Nils-Axel Morner, a former head of the Paleo-Geophysics and Geodynamics Department warns of imminent global cooling due to a drop in solar activity -- joining the many voices warning about the #GrandSolarMinimum. Start growing your own food now!

I've just been informed that my little area here has received 4" of rain since about 24 hours ago. And Intellicast Radar looks like there will be plenty more before it's finished. This is in north central Arkansas.

I'm expecting that by morning I'll see at least five inches here from this system. At one time, this would have been remarkable, but I guess lately it's becoming pretty ho-hum.

GSMs sure aren't very shopper-friendly. I NEED to go shopping but I don't need start to town only to find water over the roads. I'm trying to feel consoled by the fact that my sidewalks should be pretty easy to weed. If it rains much more I might not need to pull the weeds. They will probably just float up out of the sidewalk and wash away!

Wonder if I should buy more of those 30 gallon barrels and a lot of heavy rope and lash them all together near my back door in case all of Arkansas becomes Waterworld?

I've just been informed that my little area here has received 4" of rain since about 24 hours ago. And Intellicast Radar looks like there will be plenty more before it's finished. This is in north central Arkansas.

I'm expecting that by morning I'll see at least five inches here from this system. At one time, this would have been remarkable, but I guess lately it's becoming pretty ho-hum.

GSMs sure aren't very shopper-friendly. I NEED to go shopping but I don't need start to town only to find water over the roads. I'm trying to feel consoled by the fact that my sidewalks should be pretty easy to weed. If it rains much more I might not need to pull the weeds. They will probably just float up out of the sidewalk and wash away!

Wonder if I should buy more of those 30 gallon barrels and a lot of heavy rope and lash them all together near my back door in case all of Arkansas becomes Waterworld?
    Wow, that's a lot of rain! I wondered if you were getting a lot, it looked like those storms were training up that way. We're getting it now...fortunately not severe at this time, just a lot of thunder, lightning, and heavy rain. It would be nice if we'd just get these storms in the daytime.

Robert Felix has a great posting on his Ice Age Now website I also post the comments below the article, as of early this morning:

https://www.iceagenow.info/trucker-c...not-be-denied/

Trucker – “Cooling cannot be denied”
    June 23, 2019 by Robert

Ties it to the lack of sunspots.

Trucker – “Cooling cannot be denied”

Mark

I am a western regional trucker. In February we had freakish cold and snow. There were no sunspots that month. It has been cool and wet up until June. It started to warm up a bit. But know we are way below normal again. It is obvious that the longer we go without sunspots the more dramatic the cool down. Here are observations from the road over the last 10 days.

Phoenix and Vegas… 90s, should be 105 to 120. This is usually the hottest time of year with the peak monsoon heat wave.

California west of Sierras… 80s with some 70s and humid. Should be 90s to low 100s.

June 20th…Colorado front range. Yesterday I had to drive from Winter Park north through Wyoming. Below freezing with heavy snow. Almost chained up.

My biggest surprise was this morning. Wells Nevada.. Below freezing, windy with fresh snow on surrounding hills. Chilly all day driving through Reno.

Great Basin Desert. Green instead of Brown 60s. Should be in 90s.

Southern low deserts. Wild flowers still in bloom in areas. That should have ended in April.

Climate Prediction Center predicted much above normal temps last 9 months. But it was much below normal. In May they said look out big heat coming in June. Really!

The forecast for next week going into July.. Even colder with temps in low 70s in Sierra foothills. Should be pushing 100.

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to share what I am seeing with my own eyes. I am witnessing first hand a regional change in seasonal weather patterns. The cooling cannot be denied. And I have all of it on film.

==============================================

12 thoughts on “Trucker – “Cooling cannot be denied””

Tregonsee

June 23, 2019 at 9:43 am | Reply

Clearly “experimental error” since it does not agree with theory. ��

James Wood
    June 23, 2019 at 9:54 am | Reply

Encouraging such reports by truckers would seem a good idea. They can be used as a benchmark for traveling motorists of which there are millions. Once motorists see what others on the same roads have seen they will have less reason to dismiss it as a fluke and they will have much less reason to believe the talking heads of global warming.

Robert
    June 23, 2019 at 6:39 pm | Reply

Yes, I would love to post their reports

Daniel
    June 23, 2019 at 9:55 am | Reply

Have worked outside for most of the last 40 yrs. we are currently between 5-10 degrees below normal with lots of cloud cover.

Much more rain than usual as well. Normally creeks and stock tanks would be running low and vegetation Browning. Tanks and creeks full and everything green.

Kenneth P Lund
    June 23, 2019 at 11:00 am | Reply

Looks like truckers know what’s going on!
    I guess the only time to completely avoid driving on snow and ice would be July and August in the lower 48.

CENTURION
    June 23, 2019 at 11:10 am | Reply

Owner of this Blog:

The “Trucker” who wrote the comment has given me an idea to give you a suggestion:

Put a “call” out to all Truckers to file a weekly report of what they observe.

These are GOOD men and women who cover thousands of miles and can report on-time, on the ground, reports.

Since they keep a log, they perhaps can report any changes from the last time they drove that route.

Week by week, with numerous reports, one will get clear, real, understanding of what is actually happening over all of America.

I don’t know of any “site” that has this.

Robert
    June 23, 2019 at 6:37 pm | Reply

I would certainly post their comments

MR166
    June 23, 2019 at 11:43 am | Reply

My climate simulation said the these cold temperatures were “Very Likely”!

Oops, my Magic Eight Ball just rolled of the kitchen table and cracked. Now I have to go out and purchase another one in order to predict sea level rise for 2020.

Windsong
    June 23, 2019 at 1:28 pm | Reply

Hello Robert; greetings from SE King County near Lake Youngs. My local CWOP station had a high of 62 on Saturday, 6-22-19. Probably the same today. No high temps in the NWS seven day forecast for our neighborhood above 69. Very hot here earlier in the month, but the “June Gloom” is locked in for now. Warm, sunny weather will return right on schedule: Monday. Monday, July 8, that is.
    Deb

June 23, 2019 at 2:50 pm | Reply

Missouri is not called the “Show-Me” state for nothing.

Yesterday my neighbor said that “they” say it’s going to be cooler than normal right thru until Sept. He was disturbed by the fact that Friday was 20 degrees cooler than forecast. I used the opportunity to talk to him about the mini ice age.

Yesterday the forecast high was 90. It got to 80. Today it was supposed to hit 88, but hasn’t gone over 70. It’s been this way for about a week. We had about a week of hot, dry weather at the beginning of the month, but now it’s all rain and cooler temps. The forecast for the next week is high 80’s and some sunshine…

If this keeps up, people in Missouri will soon be ready to talk about the Grand Solar Minimum and food shortages. The weather is “showing” us.

If you plan to stockpile anything, now would be a good time, before everybody and his brother jumps on the bandwagon.
    John Galipeau
    June 23, 2019 at 5:27 pm | Reply

I believe a random trucker with descriptions, dates, change from norm and videos over any asshat from the IPCC.

qfrealist
    June 23, 2019 at 5:42 pm | Reply

If this guy can figure it out, why cant more educated PhDs in the IPCC or other fake institutions figure this out?

Well, I guess it stopped raining right when I went to bed last night, because we didn't get more than the 4" that I posted about last evening. But when I woke at 6 AM my phone (land line) and internet were out and didn't come back until 8:45. My brother, who can get readings remotely when he isn't here at his place in Arkansas, just emailed me that power was on around 4 to 5 AM but then went out, so it must not have been out very long.

TxGal, I read that trucker post on Felix's site yesterday but there weren't any comments then. Thanks for mentioning them to me. I may keep checking for more. Robert better be careful or he's going to become a great resource for GSM information! (:

After I watched that short Ice Age Farmer podcast about the flooding in China, I decided that I'm going to stop crossing things off of my shopping list. If China gets too hungry, I'll expect to see a good deal of SE Asia become their new breadbasket like Russia did with Ukraine way back when. If that happens, I don't think I want to have to be out and about much at all any more, any time or any where.
    Last edited by Martinhouse; 06-24-2019 at 09:59 AM.

I read this blog often, and this week's posting is definitely spot on for us. Seems like they're feeling that they need to plant more food, too (lots of photos and links at the site):

https://thoughtsfromfrankandfern.blogspot.com/

Monday, June 24, 2019

Hmmm..... I need to grow more food

I haven't felt this way in a while. This year has been a normal garden season, no urgency, just grow our own healthy food and put it on the shelf for another year's supply of homegrown food. The garden is a little smaller and would be even smaller still if we hadn't decided to grow a little corn for the first time in many years. Just another year. Right? Waiting for the collapse, watching the shenanigans of our congress, observing the demise of civility, avoiding crowds if at all possible.

We have had an over abundance of rain this year, with over four inches in the last 24 hours, and more falling from the sky as I type. Everything is growing well, not necessarily producing a harvest yet, but growing well, except maybe the okra. It's barely over knee high and is just starting to bloom. The peppers are in the same shape, starting to bloom. The tomatoes are green, but there are quite a few of them.

Our great bread basket across the country has been flooding and flooding and flooding. Stories have been coming out about the impact to major crop harvests. Some say there will be shortages and rising prices, some say all is well. What do we believe? We have been fortunate to get comments from CW who lives in Iowa's corn country. We like hearing from boots on the ground.

Somewhere along the way we ran into a link for the YouTube channel of the Ice Age Farmer. I watched him to see what he had to say about farms underwater and the country's major crop harvest. It doesn't look good according to him. And then he started talking about the grand solar minimum. I didn't think a lot of it at first. I knew the sun cycle was at the low end because of how it is affecting radio propagation. Then I remembered an article I wrote back in 2014, What is a Maunder Minimum? I went back and read it, then went in search of more information about the grand solar minimum that the Ice Age Farmer was talking about. This took me to these two articles.

Winter is Coming – Super Grand Solar Minimum

Evidence of Grand Solar Minimum Continues to Mount

Hmmm..... comparison to another mini ice age? I sure hope not. But Colorado did just have two feet of snow in some places on the first day of summer. The same storm that caused major storms in other parts of the country. I have never believed in the current global warming paradigm. Man's carbon emissions are not causing the planet to warm. The planet has always gone through cycles of warming and cooling. Just like the sun cycles. Either we adjust or we don't. We learn new ways of living and producing food, or we don't. If we as a society don't learn to adjust, we die. To me, it's that simple.

Is this the only reason I feel like I need to grow more food, after the growing season has started and the garden is already planted and growing? No. But you probably suspected that didn't you? Our last few articles discuss the ways of the world, our country, our politics, the invasion of foreigners from all over the world, and the potential conflicts between countries worldwide. Is that it? No, not entirely.

In the last few weeks Frank has begun working on a project to provide another source of water to our house. We will write about it before long showing the steps, equipment and results. But just yesterday Frank looked at me and said, "After all this time, I don't know why I am doing this project now." You see, we have had the supplies, parts and equipment for a long time, in some instances up to ten years. It has all been on a shelf, waiting in the wings for the time it was needed. But recently, he took these things down, looked them over and started to work. The scary part is he doesn't have a distinct reason why.

As I harvested the carrots and cleared up the area between the tomatoes, Frank asked what I was going to plant there. My response? Nothing, we don't need anything else. Then we harvested the beets. Again, same response, we don't need anything else. As the amaranth has grown well and started to produce large seed heads I have been reading about harvesting and winnowing the seeds for use in our bread, reviewing the nutritive value and how it can benefit both us and our chickens and goats.

Then, in just the last week, I have had this need to grow more food. Densely nutritious food. Just this morning at breakfast I asked Frank what shorter season crop we can grow once the pinto bean crop is finished. I plan to plant some carrots for winter eating in a portion of that area, but there will be a lot of room left over. Cow peas are a 75-85 day crop, high in protein and other good nutrients, good for animals and humans. That's why I planted some yesterday after I tilled the space where the beets and winter squash had been. This is what lead me to pull up the winter squash before it was fully finished with it's production.

And instead of leaving the winter squash to cure so we can bake one every now and then, or bake and freeze some if the need arises, I am going to can them all. We can add a jar to soup and it will be ready on the shelf for another food option as desired or needed. Why? I'm not sure. It's just another one of those food options I have been impressed to change from my original plan.

The areas I showed you between the rows of corn and between the tomato trellises will be planted with amaranth as soon as the new seedlings come up. I have two trays planted and more pot maker pots made up today for planting. And if there is time once the corn is harvested, the rest of this area will be planted with amaranth.

Just like Frank and the water project. I don't know why, but I need to grow more food. We have lived our lives listening to that little voice of warning and instruction and it has served us well. So, it's time to plant, tend, harvest and preserve. The why can take care of itself in it's own time. Heed the warnings you are given. Listen. Act.

Until next time - Fern

A good article, TxGal. Thanks!

It was supposed to be warm and mostly sunny here today. But right now it's barely 70 and mostly cloudy and the wind from the north is icy. This is reminding me of the chilly Minnesota and Wisconsin summers I grew up with.

If I'd gotten more of my outdoor containers re-worked, I'd be planting beets, carrots and turnips in them right now. When I moved here over 40 years ago, most people were harvesting their gardens over the 4th of July holiday. I see very few gardens any more when I'm out and around because all the gardeners have died or are too old to work a garden and the few I see certainly weren't planted early enough for a July 4th harvest!

I don't think there is a real garden within a mile of me nowadays.
    Last edited by Martinhouse; 06-24-2019 at 11:25 AM.

I am swimming in cherry/grape tomatoes and cucumbers....in a few weeks I will be swimming in peppers of various kinds and my eggplants are doing well. Corn and squash look like poo. Sweet potatoes seem to be doing ok. I've got potatoes that I need to look at as the plants have died. It has been in the mid-90s and very humid here the past few weeks...fairly normal. But today is in the mid-70s and rainy.
    "...Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil." - Ephesians 5:14-17

BenIan, you might not want to leave those potatoes in the ground too long. Years ago I had a beautiful crop of potatoes (early to mid July and VERY hot here in Arkansas at the time)and then I got busy in my upholstery shop and by the time I caught up with work orders,and went to dig the potatoes, they had all but disappeared. I found a few skins in the soil and even a couple partial skins with a little slop left in them, but basically within a week or ten days, those potatoes had cooked and then just become part of the soil.

Great post on the main with an article on Zero Hedge:

http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...ilures-In-2019

A good article, TxGal. Thanks!

It was supposed to be warm and mostly sunny here today. But right now it's barely 70 and mostly cloudy and the wind from the north is icy. This is reminding me of the chilly Minnesota and Wisconsin summers I grew up with.

If I'd gotten more of my outdoor containers re-worked, I'd be planting beets, carrots and turnips in them right now. When I moved here over 40 years ago, most people were harvesting their gardens over the 4th of July holiday. I see very few gardens any more when I'm out and around because all the gardeners have died or are too old to work a garden and the few I see certainly weren't planted early enough for a July 4th harvest!

I don't think there is a real garden within a mile of me nowadays.
    You're welcome! I think we can almost feel the tide turning of people catching on. Fall and winter grocery shopping may be interesting.

We've about given up on our tomatoes and green peppers until we can plant again for fall growing. They got blasted about in the winds the other night, and they were doing pitifully anyhow. We got them in too late because of the wet weather, then we went into high heat. They were baking nicely. And joys of being in the country, we have a doe who's been jumping into our back yard each evening to eat what little scratch the poultry leave down, and then she moved on to the cucumbers, ugh! We still have plenty growing up on a trellis, but she did a nice job of shaving them down on one side. Today she brought a friend, so she's getting her eviction notice! (Noise, nothing stronger)

Wednesday we're doing a Costco run to get a new laptop since they're on sale. This one is doing okay, but I can't update the security software because it wants the Windows updates installed, but it's Windows 7 and it isn't supported anymore...caught in the circle. But, the upside is I can do a grocery run at the same time, getting canned peaches, green beans, and diced tomatoes, sugar, tp, etc. to add to the pantry. I'm thinking prices will be up in the fall. I'll report back on price changes.

When anyone goes to the grocery store, please post what you see in the canned fruit aisle. We went to Kroger yesterday, and the canned fruit section was TINY, and pricey. Same as HEB. I don't remember it ever being this small. They had plenty of those little fruit cups in plastic, but not much in the way of canned.

I'm with you on not scratching anything off your shopping list. I'm methodically adding here and there to everything we use now. Mucinex for colds and flu, generic tums, etc. I want to be ahead on everything we use...I hear that nagging little voice that says 'stock up.' Buying an extra here and there is easier on the budget.

TxGal. your post made me laugh! I have Windows 7, too, and I'm twelve days into my computer downloading and trying to install another update which isn't being accepted. I do get tired of it but if I don't wait for it to finish, I'll end up waiting for my computer to find out why I turned it off incorrectly, so I just go fill my water glass or something while I'm waiting. I'm hoping it will give up in a couple more days. The guy at the computer shop explained it all to me last time it happened, but I've forgotten what he told me.

Actually it only bothers me when I'm in a hurry to disconnect when thunder and lightning have started. And that IS happening rather more often lately, isn't it?

I'm hoping to shop tomorrow but only if I get off my lazy fundament and wash my hair. Right now any self-respecting cat would probably try to cover me up, but I've been too lazy to care. Heating water is such a pain and it's always so chilly in my house, but I've gotta get over that bad attitude!

"qfrealist
    June 23, 2019 at 5:42 pm | Reply

If this guy can figure it out, why cant more educated PhDs in the IPCC or other fake institutions figure this out?"

Because the religion of the Georgia Guidestones and 90% reduction of population to create a Gaia paradise means worthless eaters like us have to exit stage left. The Religion of Climate Change tells them so.

The PhDs in the IPCC are bought and paid for, and they don't work for us. Trust none of them.
    *written by someone with a degree in this at the BS level who would know.

Quote Originally Posted by BenIan View Post
    I am swimming in cherry/grape tomatoes and cucumbers....in a few weeks I will be swimming in peppers of various kinds and my eggplants are doing well. Corn and squash look like poo. Sweet potatoes seem to be doing ok. I've got potatoes that I need to look at as the plants have died. It has been in the mid-90s and very humid here the past few weeks...fairly normal. But today is in the mid-70s and rainy.
    I am glad your garden is growing well. My Yellow Squash is doing really well and I am drowning in Eggplant. Is there a way to can or dry them safely? If not, we'll be eating a lot of fried eggplant and other recipes now.

Adapt 2030 has a new podcast out this morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxN1GBINrKI

(MIAC #209) Areas That Will Become More Habitable During the Grand Solar Minimum

Run time is 30:47

Michael Lazaro from https://www.evolutionaryenergyarts.com David DuByne creator of the ADAPT 2030 channel on YouTube discusses energetic changes on Earth as the Sun moves into its 400-year cycle affecting crop production, the economy and everyone on our planet. This is an energetic timeline for what you can expect from now to 2023. Michael is known for his studies in Pranic Healing, Quantum Touch and Polarity Therapy. Evolutionary Energy Arts YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd1B...

•Areas on the planet that will become uninhabitable during the grand solar minimum
    •Canada record power draw and near power grid down 2017, 2018
    •Private insurers won’t cover crop losses in parts of Canada and USA any longer
    •Some deserts will become new grow zones on our planet
    •African deserts becoming wet
    •Desert S.W US becoming wetter
    •Expansion in Earth’s crust causing quakes in strange places
    •Sinkholes
    •New species of hominids
    •Vibration frequency changes effecting human consciousness
    •Area of galactic arm where energies will amplify as Earth passes through
    •Living a self-sustainable lifestyle

Interesting in this latest podcast, the guy saying he thinks Canada will be uninhabitable. Can you imagine the irony if thousands upon thousands of Canadians are pouring down into this country while the same might be happening with Americans (and hopefully most of the illegals) pouring south over our southern border to find a warmer place to live?

I really don't think Central America can support the entire population of North America! Do you? (: (:

And the latest from Robert Felix...it's so incredible that there was actually two more feet of snow somewhere in Colorado this past weekend!

I'm starting to have awaking nightmare of going shopping and finding emptied out shelves, starting pretty soon now. I hope I'm wrong.

Interesting in this latest podcast, the guy saying he thinks Canada will be uninhabitable. Can you imagine the irony if thousands upon thousands of Canadians are pouring down into this country while the same might be happening with Americans (and hopefully most of the illegals) pouring south over our southern border to find a warmer place to live?

I really don't think Central America can support the entire population of North America! Do you? (: (:

And the latest from Robert Felix...it's so incredible that there was actually two more feet of snow somewhere in Colorado this past weekend!

I'm starting to have awaking nightmare of going shopping and finding emptied out shelves, starting pretty soon now. I hope I'm wrong.
    There were three ice sheets in Canada, the largest of these ice sheets being the Laurentide. It covered much of Canada and the northern United States with a mass of ice that was nearly 4 km thick in some places. Yeah, Canada will be no man's land for longer than we will be alive to care. They're coming South, like it or not. And that idiot Trudeau isn't preparing his people for any of this. Murderous faggot.

The Canadians I've met have been really nice, just regular people, but the ones who will throw fits if I call them by the wrong pronouns can just stay up there and freeze and I'll share space with the ones with common sense.

I've wondered if the reason we are not stopping Central America from emptying up over our border is that we are going to incorporate all the land in Central America to grow food during the GSM. Why not? They'll all be in the USA, might as well use those empty lands to grow food. What else would you do with them? Oh, yes, you could put stack 'em and pack 'em condos all up and down the coast for the wealthy to buy or workers in the food production fields to live in - maybe both if times are desperate enough for the rich to be struggling right along with the rest of us, just to a less degree.

If I were in a position of power in the government, I'd know about the GSM and be getting ready for it, someway somehow, but a GSM and potentially a Super Grand Solar Minimum will not be ignored. It may be THE most important issue government is dealing with today with everything else pales in comparison.

They do NOT want to get the general population into a panic over it. Things would go downhill quickly if people started panicking and focused completely on preparing for what's coming.

It's coming NOW and it's coming FAST!

WWG1WGA

If you don't know about the Grand Solar Minimum, you should learn about it NOW! Go check out the Grand Solar Minimum thread in the Earth Changes part of TB2K, it may be the most important upcoming event you learn about this year... or this decade.

Just found this link off the Drudge Report....more people are reading about the GSM and catching on. Grocery shopping may begin to get interesting. Pics and links at the site:

http://endoftheamericandream.com/arc...bsolutely-nuts

Sign Of The Times? Weather Patterns All Over The Planet Are Going Absolutely Nuts
    June 24, 2019 by Michael Snyder

We have never seen global weather patterns go as crazy as they have so far in 2019. Record high temperatures are being shattered all over the planet, but meanwhile some parts of the U.S. were just buried by massive amounts of snow. The sixth largest city in India is literally running out of water due to extremely dry conditions, but in middle America it just won’t stop raining. In fact, the Midwest is getting hammered by more severe storms as I write this article. Meanwhile, Australia is being forced to import enormous amounts of wheat due to the extraordinary drought that nation is currently experiencing. Everywhere you look around the globe we see bizarre weather extremes. Worldwide weather patterns are shifting dramatically, and many believe that what we have witnessed so far is just the beginning.

Do you have an explanation for what is going on? Because the truth is that most of the experts don’t.

Just look at what is happening in Colorado. Some parts of the state got up to 20 inches of snow on Saturday, and as a result Colorado’s snowpack is currently more than 4,000 percent above normal…

Due to the new snow Friday into the weekend, the Natural Resources Conservation Service reported that the state’s snowpack ballooned to 4,121 percent above normal as of Monday. This number is so high because ordinarily very little snow is left by late June, and cold temperatures late into the spring helped preserve what fell earlier.

After the weekend blanket of white, the scenes in the high country west of Denver resembled midwinter. Enough snow fell to close roads, while many ski areas reported accumulation, including Breckenridge, Vail, Beaver Creek, Arapahoe Basin and Steamboat Springs.

On the other side of the world, the problem is that there isn’t any meaningful precipitation at all.

More than 4.6 million people live in the city of Chennai, India. Thanks to a drought that never seems to end, the main reservoirs that normally supply that city with water are rapidly going dry…

The floor of the Chembarambakkam reservoir is cracked open, dry and sun-baked. About 25 kilometers (15.5 miles) away, in Chennai, India’s sixth largest city, millions of people are running out of water.

Chembarambakkam and the three other reservoirs that have traditionally supplied Chennai are nearly all dry, leaving the city suffering from an acute water shortage, said Jayaram Venkatesan, an activist in the city.

So what do you do when you have millions of people that need water but you don’t have any to give them?

Well, the temporary solution that has been implemented for now is to truck water in. That means that “hundreds of thousands of residents” are forced to stand in line for hours in the hot sun as they wait for the water trucks to arrive. The following comes from CNN…

With the reservoirs dry, water is being brought directly into Chennai neighborhoods in trucks. Every day, hundreds of thousands of residents have no choice but to stand in line for hours in soaring summer temperatures, filling dozens of cans and plastic containers.

Over in Europe, it looks like this could be the hottest week ever for the month of June.

In the next few days, high temperatures are expected to exceed 40 degrees Celsius (104 degrees Fahrenheit) in Spain, and that prompted one meteorologist to warn that “hell is coming”…

Meteorologists said temperatures would reach or even exceed 40C from Spain to Switzerland as hot air was sucked up from the Sahara by the combination of a storm stalling over the Atlantic and high pressure over central Europe.

High humidity meant it would feel like 47C, experts warned. “El infierno [hell] is coming,” tweeted the TV meteorologist Silvia Laplana in Spain, where the AEMET weather service forecast temperatures of 42C by Thursday in the Ebro, Tagus, Guadiana and Guadalquivir valleys and warned of an “extreme risk” of forest fires.

In 2003, a terrible heatwave killed tens of thousands of people all across Europe, and many expect this heatwave to be even worse.

And things will be extraordinarily hot in France as well. In fact, some parts of France are expected to hit 109 degress Fahrenheit by the end of this week…

High temperatures are expected to skyrocket above above 40 degrees Celsius (104 degrees Fahrenheit) on Wednesday for a huge portion of France, including Paris. The forecast for Carpentras, a town of 28,000 about 50 miles north of Marseilles, is even worse. There, temperatures are expected to reach 43 degrees Celsius (109 degrees Fahrenheit) on Friday and Saturday. That would easily cap the monthly high temperature record for France of 41.5 degrees Celsius (107 degrees Fahrenheit) set in June 2003, according to Reuters.

Temperatures are likely to climb above 40 degrees Fahrenheit in parts of Spain and approach that in Germany, Switzerland, and Belgium. Overnight temperatures will stay balmy, which poses particularly acute health risks to children and the elderly.

Needless to say, none of this is normal.

Here in the United States, we have been witnessing month after month of extremely unusual weather in the middle of the country. The rain has been endless and the flooding has been unprecedented, and those living in the heartland keep thinking that all of this weird weather has got to end eventually at some point.

But it hasn’t.

In fact, more severe weather is rolling through middle America as I write this article…

More than 50 million people are bracing for severe weather from the Plains to the Southeast as scattered thunderstorms prompt flash flood alerts, possible tornadoes and hail.

A large weather system is expected to bring damaging wind gusts and large hail for parts of the South and into the Appalachians, Ohio Valley and Great Lakes.

Heavy rain and flash flooding inundated parts of southwest Missouri during the weekend, prompting water rescues and evacuations.

For much more on the immense devastation that all of this wet weather is causing for U.S. farmers, please see my previous article entitled “Shocking Before And After Photos Reveal The Truth About The Widespread Crop Failures The U.S. Is Facing In 2019”.

Will global weather patterns ever return to normal, or is this “the new normal”?

Let us certainly hope for a return to normalcy, because if weather patterns continue to go absolutely haywire that is going to have enormous implications for all of us.

The Canadians I've met have been really nice, just regular people, but the ones who will throw fits if I call them by the wrong pronouns can just stay up there and freeze and I'll share space with the ones with common sense.
    I had a very special Cannuck in my life for many years. I would not mind in the slightest sharing space with more of them with the right set of mind. Wonderful people and tough. I believe that Canadians are watching the joke that is their government much as we are. One day, we and they will return to better times. One way or another.

For us, Canada is the Canary in the coal mine. When their ice doesn't melt, but just gets deeper, watch out.

Intense heat wave to strike Paris, shimmer across Europe

By Sylvie Corbet, Associated Press
    PARIS — June 24, 2019, 10:38 AM ET

The sunset had an orange glow and so does the new heat alert level for Paris.

Authorities around the French capital have issued an orange alert for intense heat — the second-highest level on its scale — as very hot temperatures are expected across continental Europe this week.

France's national weather agency Meteo France said the heat wave beginning Monday is expected to last all week with temperatures of up to 40 degrees Celsius (104 degrees Fahrenheit) across the country. The peak is expected Thursday.

In Paris, charity organizations are patrolling the streets to provide water to homeless people and local authorities have organized air-conditioned places where they can seek shelter.

Meteorologists say the heat wave is caused by hot winds coming from the Sahara Desert.

The alert system was introduced in France following the summer of 2003, which saw an estimated 15,000 heat-related deaths, many of them older people left in city apartments and retirement homes that were not air-conditioned.

French Health Minister Agnes Buzyn said Monday that "everything is ready, in retirement homes, in hospitals, in transports."

"Yet when people are fragile, even when everything is organized, there's always a higher mortality rate," she warned.

Organizers at the Women's World Cup, which is being hosted by France, could be faced with implementing FIFA heat precautions, since knockout soccer games are being played every day this week except Wednesday and Sunday. Those precautions include holding official cooling breaks or even postponing the match if the heat at the stadium is too high. Luckily, most of the women's games are being held at night.

Similar heat is also expected in Belgium, Switzerland and Germany.

In Germany, temperatures above 40 degrees C are possible in some places on Wednesday, topping the country's previous June record of 38.2 degrees Celsius (nearly 100.8 degrees Fahrenheit) set in Frankfurt in 1947.

Rescue services have urged people to look out for young children, the elderly and those with compromised immune systems who are at particular risk in high temperatures.

Parts of northeastern Germany are also at high risk for forest fires. Authorities in the eastern state of Brandeburg, which circles Berlin, say the risk of forest fires is at the highest level in the coming days.

Scientists say measurements show heat waves in Europe are becoming more frequent.

Stefan Rahmstorf of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research said "monthly heat records all over the globe occur five times as often today as they would in a stable climate."

"This increase in heat extremes is just as predicted by climate science as a consequence of global warming caused by the increasing greenhouse gases from burning coal, oil and gas," he added.

Dim Coumou, a scientist at the Free University of Amsterdam, said melting Arctic sea ice is also affecting atmospheric circulation, which in turn makes extreme heat more likely.

"Data analysis shows that the normally eastward travelling summer circulation of the Northern Hemisphere mid-latitudes has slowed down, including the Jet Stream," he said. "This favors the buildup of hot and dry conditions over the continent, sometimes turning a few sunny days into dangerous heat waves."

———

Frank Jordans in Berlin contributed to the story.

https://abcnews.go.com/International...rticleroll_hed