Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

The Grand Solar Minimum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 169 of 176 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,760 of 7026
    From: The world’s last climate crisis demonstrates that surviving is possible if bold economic and social change is embraced

This was a struggle to get all the pictures in the article
    Last edited by northern watch; 11-15-2019 at 10:13 PM.

Well, except for the last few paragraphs that just had to put it all on global warming, this was a very interesting article.

I didn't skim lightly over this one...I read every word. Thanks for posting this, northern watch, it was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinhouse View Post
    Well, except for the last few paragraphs that just had to put it all on global warming, this was a very interesting article.

I didn't skim lightly over this one...I read every word. Thanks for posting this, northern watch, it was excellent.
    Martinhouse,

Yes, I agree it looks like the author believes in global warming, yet acknowledges repeated declines in solar radiation affect climate.

From: The world’s last climate crisis demonstrates that surviving is possible if bold economic and social change is embraced
    Midway through the 13th century, for example, parts of the Northern Hemisphere started cooling. The causes were complex, but involved some combination of cyclical changes in the orientation of Earth’s rotational axis, repeated declines in solar radiation, random fluctuations in oceanic and atmospheric currents, and volcanic eruptions that temporarily shrouded the Earth in veils of sunlight-scattering sulphur dioxide

Yes, I saw all that and I appreciate the bolding. My computer only picked up the very lst picture at the end of the article, but it was still outstanding.

Funny that I knew all that about the Dutch, but had totally forgotten it. Remembering it helps put things into perspective. Again, thanks.

nw, that was a great article! Thanks for finding it and posting it.

https://www.iceagenow.info/emergenci...ane-shortages/

Emergencies declared in 5 states due to propane shortages
    November 15, 2019 by Robert

Shortages precluding farmers from drying their crops.

“Corn Belt Farmers Face Propane Crunch,” says the headline. “Propane Demand Outstripping Pipeline Capacity in Parts of Midwest.”

The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration declared a regional emergency in Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wisconsin.

At the end of last week, governors in Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri and Wisconsin issued emergency declarations to lift restrictions on carriers for the transportation of heating fuel, including propane

Seth Meyer, University of Missouri at Columbia research professor and agriculture policy researcher, said for many farmers, the added drying costs from propane supply issues couldn’t have come at a worse time.

But unlike the propane shortage of 2013, he said, there is plenty of supply available across the country now.

https://www.dtnpf.com/agriculture/we...pping-pipeline

Thanks to Adoni Prisacaru for this link

https://www.sott.net/article/424018-...adian-prairies

'Harvest from hell': 2.7 million acres of canola left buried under snow in the Canadian prairies

Rob Nickel
    Globalnews.ca
    Fri, 15 Nov 2019 22:22 UTC

Farmer David Reid checks on his Canola crop that is buried under snow near Cremona, Alta., Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2019.

Heavy snow and rain during harvest on the Canadian Prairies have left several million acres of canola buried until spring, the latest blow in a miserable year that may compound farmer problems into 2020.

Canola is renowned as Canada's most profitable crop, exported to China, Japan and Mexico to make vegetable oil and animal feed.

But in March, Beijing revoked the licences of Canadian exporters Richardson International and Glencore Plc's agriculture unit, Viterra Inc., slowing China's overall purchases amid a broader diplomatic dispute.

Canola futures are down three per cent year over year in the world's biggest canola-growing country despite severe harvest problems that normally would lift prices, adding further pressure to declining farm incomes.

This year will be remembered as the "harvest from hell," said farmer John Guelly, chairman of the Alberta Canola industry group.

Canola's problems may even frustrate some from sowing it next year, he said.

"I think there will be a pullback in acres for sure."

In Alberta, 17 per cemt of canola was unharvested as of Nov. 5, according to the provincial government, along with 12 per cent of Saskatchewan's canola and nine per cent of Manitoba's output measured around the same time.

Based on Canadian government planting estimates, that unharvested canola represents some 2.7 million acres, or 13 per cent of national plantings.

Some harvesting occurred after the latest provincial estimates, but the volume of unharvested crops looks to be the most in three years, said Shawn Jaques, chief executive of Saskatchewan Crop Insurance Corp.

Crops that remain in fields over the winter are subject to wildlife damage and to spoilage, but some of it can usually be salvaged at a discount.

Needing to harvest the previous crop once fields dry in spring can delay farmers from planting the next crop, however.

"There is palpable frustration," said Curtis Rempel, vice president of crop production at the Canola Council of Canada.

"The fall was so tough for so many growers and right now people are still thinking about, 'what does my spring look like in terms of harvesting?'"

Friday is the deadline for farmers in Saskatchewan and Alberta — the two biggest canola-growing provinces — to file insurance claims.

Collecting is an uncertain process, however, and many farmers count on their last harvested acres to make up their profit margin once expenses are paid, said Todd Lewis, president of Agricultural Producers Association of Saskatchewan.

This year has been "very long, very frustrating," said Lewis.

"It's really hitting guys in the pocketbook."

Reuters

Quote Originally Posted by TxGal View Post
    https://www.iceagenow.info/emergenci...ane-shortages/

Emergencies declared in 5 states due to propane shortages
    November 15, 2019 by Robert

Shortages precluding farmers from drying their crops.

“Corn Belt Farmers Face Propane Crunch,” says the headline. “Propane Demand Outstripping Pipeline Capacity in Parts of Midwest.”

The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration declared a regional emergency in Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wisconsin.

At the end of last week, governors in Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri and Wisconsin issued emergency declarations to lift restrictions on carriers for the transportation of heating fuel, including propane

Seth Meyer, University of Missouri at Columbia research professor and agriculture policy researcher, said for many farmers, the added drying costs from propane supply issues couldn’t have come at a worse time.

But unlike the propane shortage of 2013, he said, there is plenty of supply available across the country now.

https://www.dtnpf.com/agriculture/we...pping-pipeline

Thanks to Adoni Prisacaru for this link

They just need to come up with a conversion to fuel oil to dry out the grain and yes its going to cost some money but well worth it in the long run.

The builder guy came for a little while today. He couldn't stay long, but he fixed the holes in the used sheet metal roof of the chicken pen. Now I don't have to worry about roosting birds getting wet on a night that gets super-cold. He also fixed the holes over the nest box area. Can't have rain leaking on the girls when they're laying! There are a few more holes to fix, but the worst is taken care of. He's not sure but will try to come tomorrow and help get those 25 bags of leaves hauled down from my sisters and dumped into the chicken pen.

Computer says it's 55 outside, but it sure feels colder than that to me. I think there must be enough breeze to make me feel chilled if I'm not in the sun.

I HATE WINTER!!!!!

There's a short Adapt 2030 podcast just out. Under 9 minutes. It's mainly about all the recent record temperatures.

There's a short Adapt 2030 podcast just out. Under 9 minutes. It's mainly about all the recent record temperatures.
    Thanks, Martinhouse, we just got back inside.

As Martinhouse said, there is a new Adapt 2030 podcast out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rzXs8fXo9E

Unsettling 150 Year Cold in the Warmest Year Ever (912)

Run time is 8:56

With the Arctic blast of early November 2019 being officially put into record, lets look back at the thousand or so all time cold records smashing and eclipsing the oldest records we have in the US and Canada. Even the Washington Post calling the event unprecedented coldest earliest ever recorded for this early in the year, which says a lot about how intense this event was. The UK and Nordic countries also setting dozens of all time cold records with record snow accumulations as well. Question, how do you think this will affect food pricing in the future?

https://www.iceagenow.info/record-co...rk/#more-30032

Record cold across Vermont and New York
    November 16, 2019 by Robert

Breaking records more than a century old. Some locations looking to set new records three days in a row.

The National Weather Service in Burlington, Vermont posted to its Twitter about the records expected to be broken in the days to come from Burlington to Montpelier to Massena to Platsburgh to Saranac Lake.

Record lows could be set in Burlington three days in a row.

The blast of cold air continues to move to the east, meaning bitter cold will continue for the northeastern states.

https://twitter.com/NWSBurlington/st...727424/photo/1
    Thanks to Clay Olson for this link
    Attached Images

The builder guy came for a little while today. He couldn't stay long, but he fixed the holes in the used sheet metal roof of the chicken pen. Now I don't have to worry about roosting birds getting wet on a night that gets super-cold. He also fixed the holes over the nest box area. Can't have rain leaking on the girls when they're laying! There are a few more holes to fix, but the worst is taken care of. He's not sure but will try to come tomorrow and help get those 25 bags of leaves hauled down from my sisters and dumped into the chicken pen.

Computer says it's 55 outside, but it sure feels colder than that to me. I think there must be enough breeze to make me feel chilled if I'm not in the sun.

I HATE WINTER!!!!!
    Hey, that's great! I always feel better when at least the most concerning things are taken care of, even if the whole list of tasks can't be finished at the same time. At least you're chipping away at things you want to get done.

We're sitting at 62 right now, most of the day has been sunny but now we're getting high clouds in. We're supposed to go to 37 tonight. Today has been pleasant, but the breeze was plenty chilly until it died down some. South wind chilly makes no sense to me.

I hate winter, too!!
    Last edited by TxGal; 11-16-2019 at 04:30 PM.

I just stepped outside for something and discovered what I hadn't noticed at the time. The builder guy must have raked my sidewalk when I wasn't looking. Just a small area that the wind hadn't blown clean, but still, what a nice thing to do!

I found out he is younger than my grandson. He's also somewhat younger than his big beautiful 1985 motorcycle. He's not too much older than my Truck!

I was able to dig out some whole corn for my chickens, so that saves me a stop when I go shopping. It wasn't buried as badly as I thought it was.

I just stepped outside for something and discovered what I hadn't noticed at the time. The builder guy must have raked my sidewalk when I wasn't looking. Just a small area that the wind hadn't blown clean, but still, what a nice thing to do!

I found out he is younger than my grandson. He's also somewhat younger than his big beautiful 1985 motorcycle. He's not too much older than my Truck!

I was able to dig out some whole corn for my chickens, so that saves me a stop when I go shopping. It wasn't buried as badly as I thought it was.
    What a sweet guy!! It's good he's young, lots of energy :-)

It's great you found the corn, that's pretty much a win-win!

Yeah, it somewhat makes up for the fact that I didn't get done in the house what I needed to. So I'll face another morning of cold and hope I can do enough tomorrow to be able to use the heater. My house is cooling down a lot now, even with it being sunny out, and I really need to start using the heat. I'm amazed that November was half finish last night and I still have not used a heater. I must be nuts!

Surviving the Super Grand Solar Minimum has a new blog post up: (I didn't not bring over all the pics)

https://survivingthesupergrandsolarm....blogspot.com/

Saturday, November 16, 2019

A Window to The Super Grand Solar Minimum

Things are getting crazy here on this pretty blue marble of a planet. Seems that few are looking at the beauty and wonder of it. Few even care. Even fewer care about the planet's climate. Few if any ever think we even live on a planet. Ya you live on earth dude, and it could be a most wonderful place but us humans in our astounding stupidity have managed to mess it up.

I suspect that many of our young people could not even name three planets and know that our sun is a plasma star. That we live in a solar system that resides on one of the arms of a galaxy we call the Milky Way.

If you have never visited my blog then you will quickly realize that I march to a different drummer and think thoughts that only a few people have thought or are thinking about. My blog consumes me and so do my thoughts. Those thoughts are about a world where there is less food and eventually less people. I am consumed about why this is so and how it will play out.

My interest in this is not some morbid curiosity, but a true concern to wake people up and their security.

So how does one track what the Super Grand Solar Minimum will bring? Well in a bit, you could read how I plan to track what is happening in the next piece of my fictional book "Solar Man" but I will not make you wait.

Methods to my Madness:

Track Food prices
    Track fuel prices
    Track electrical prices
    Track fuel oil (our friends up north)
    Track Radio and TV stations
    Track websites like Steve Quayle and Zero Hedge and others
    Check out my blog from time-to-time.
    Visit and follow on YouTube
    The Ice Age Farmer
    David DuByne's Adapt 2030 and others
    The Wales Grand Solar Minimum channel
    Get your Ham Radio Licence and some equipment
    Get a Skype account and make some friends
    Watch our insane political system here in the states and around the world through the talking heads in the main stream media
    Listen to your friends and neighbors and what people are talking about.
    There could be more, but that's your job.

Track Food price

This is an easy one. Get a piece of paper. On the top of the paper put the following.

Item, Date, price and comments. Just like the picture on the left. Make out three pieces of paper at a minimum. One for say corn, peas, green beans, black beans and canned meat. Also a loaf of bread and a box of your favorite cereal. Corn meal and flour also come to mind. you could add multiple things on each page, but you get the idea. You don't even have to purchase these thing, just record the information. Do this every two weeks or so. What you have created is an inflation monitor except the inflation will reflect the growing and harvest conditions by monitoring price. Do this for the next two years. What are your observations? What are some of your comments and observations? Strike up a conversation with some one purchasing the items, how full were the shelf's, and so on. If you have friends in other states have them do the same. This is an easy one unless you are really lazy, then you are probably not reading this and if you are, click the big X at the top right of the browser page.

Track fuel prices

Another one for the lazy types. Just keep your receipt every time you get gas for your car or truck. This one is perhaps not as reflective of crop failures (perhaps corn), as the price can reflects political turmoil and the need for greedy people to jack up prices.

Track electrical prices and Track fuel oil (our friends up north)

Easy again, just keep all the tons of paper that come with your bills on these items

Track Radio and TV stations - I like this one but requires Internet Service

Get a map of the US and Canada or the World and pick out cities that will reflect what is taking place locally. Then search for TV or Radio Stations that stream their content or have a website that reports local news and weather. With just a few visits, you can monitor what is happening locally and globally across the world. This will be useful until you loose the internet, but there are solutions to this as well which will be covered as the last item.

Track websites like Steve Quayle and Zero Hedge and others that actually have news about things that are ACTUALLY happening. Forget Drudge as it had become a political hate the president site.

A quick visit to these two site in the morning and in the evening is all that will be required for updates on the political madness and everything else that really matters.

Check out my blog from time-to-time.

Visit often. From time-to-time I will combine all my blogs into one large (as in pages) of all my blogs. In another year that PDF will probably contain 600 pages or more and will be still be growing. There are great to put on your computer or hand out to friends and enemies. Please don't sell them as they are freely given!!

Visit and follow on YouTube: The Ice Age Farmer, David DuByne's Adapt 2030 and The Wales Grand Solar Minimum channel.

These three and there are more are very useful for following what is happening and you wont have to listen to some garbage about the world burning up and gas exiting cows rear parts. One thing that I like about the Wales Grand Solar Minimum is that they have daily videos which cover the day before. Oops before I forget, you can get email alerts from Electroverse. They are also highly recommended.

Using all the above there is no reason to not be informed.

Get your Ham Radio Licence and some equipment

I have a blog on this. Here is a piece from my book "Solar Man" which I am publishing from time-to-time on this blog.

" Our location was in an elevated area, so with the small tower for our VHF / UHF antenna and base station radio, communications had been checked out to thirty miles using the same equipment I will have in my van. Having all the radio equipment gave me a warm feeling and we would be as connected as possible. No needs for the internet or cell phones.

In the future I was sure that the radio equipment I had purchased and stored up would add greatly to our and the community I hoped to create security. I was thinking about getting a digital system, but didn’t have the time. Once I got to my new home, I could put up my low frequency equipment. Using that, I could monitor Ham Radio communications all over the state and surrounding states. If conditions were good at night, I could monitor traffic and communications as far north as Main and Canada. If I used higher frequencies, I could monitor global communications. My wind up AM / FM radio could be used for really local conditions. It’s fun to be a radio head I thought.

From my new home I would have a picture window of the Super Grand Solar Minimum."

While the above is fiction It is completely true in the reality of it all.

Get a Skype account and make some friends

Skype is a wonderful way to stay connected globally. Just make some friends and then all of you can keep up with what is happening locally. Its real personal and right out of the mouth that you are communicating with. No main stream garbage.

Watch our insane political system here in the states and around the world through the talking heads in the main stream media.

Listen to your friends and neighbors and what people are talking about.

Well that all. I bet you can come up with some tracking SGSM methods as well.

Things are crazy all over the globe climate wise. There are snow and low temperatures records being broken globally. Those lazy crappy Central Texas weather gods are keeping Texas cool. They don't like the sun and they are blocking that out as well, They tried to kill all my microgreens but I was wise to what they were up to.

Here are my really good recommendations:

Prepare (cheaper now than later)
    Get 7 years of seeds (and some for others)
    Start your own or a community garden (grow thousands of pounds of food)
    Join, start or contemplate being part of a community (you could be a leader)
    Take care of your family and neighbors (especially the older ones like me LOL)
    Look after those that have less than you. (they are all over the place)

Cheers and best of every thing to all my readers.
    Dennis

https://www.iceagenow.info/cold-reco...48/#more-30042

Cold records broken across two-thirds of the lower 48
    November 16, 2019 by Robert

Not a very elegant image, perhaps, but it gets the point across.

Record cold temperatures

When looking at the image below, the states cross-hatched in blue broke or tied records for either coldest high or low temperatures observed on Nov. 11-13, 2019.

“According to the National Weather Service reports, nearly the entire eastern half of the United States tied or broke records due to the arctic blast.” Looks like two thirds of the continental US (lower 48) to me.

The Midwestern Regional Climate Center reported that more than 850 daily records were broken across the Midwest in just two days.

We’re talking about records that go back for more than a century.

But when I look at the huge number of states involved, I find that hard number to believe.

How many cities and towns and villages are we taking about here? How many weather stations? I’m guessing we’re looking at thousands broken daily records.

See lots more: (Of course this article calls it an ‘unseasonable cold snap’.)

https://wwmt.com/news/local/michigan...able-cold-snap
    Attached Images

The Grand Solar Minimum News has a new podcast out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIB8MiJYvd8

GSM Friday Night Live with Patron Call in

Run time is 1:01:46

No synopsis provided, but judging by the comments there is much discussion on food and food storage for the GSM

Yanasa Ama Ranch has a new podcast out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP6i5LXZBWY

GLOBAL HERD REDUCTION | Beef Prices Will Climb In 2020

Run time is 19:22

Sorry for all the cuts I was freezing and coughing when I filmed this lol. If you watch @adapt2030 @iceagefarmer @oppenheimerranchproject you've probably heard of the Grand Solar Minimum and it's impact on crop losses. Over the past year we've seen a reduction in herd sizes globally due to weather extremes and longer colder winters. Here's how it is currently effecting the Beef Industry and what to expect going forward.

https://electroverse.net/the-dmi-adm...e-this-summer/

Please go to the link for all graphics:

The Danish Meteorological Institute admits it wrongly reported Greenland’s “Record Warm Temperature” this Summer
    November 17, 2019 Cap Allon

Here’s one I missed from August (while prepping in Portugal):

The Danish Meteorological Institute (DMI) admitted it wrongly reported Greenland’s record summer warmth, in what it called “good news from a climate perspective”…?

The DMI, a key player in monitoring Greenland’s climate, reported a “shocking” early-August temperature of between 2.7C (37F) and 4.7C (40.5F) at the Summit weather station, located some 3,202m above sea level at the center of the Greenland ice sheet.

This news quickly spread to every corner of the left-leaning web, like some nasty EOTW rash. But just a few days later the DMI posted a tweet retracting that record temp, saying that after a “closer look” (whatever that means exactly) it was revealed that the monitoring equipment had been giving “erroneous results”.
    “Was there record-level warmth on the inland ice on Friday?” said the institute’s tweet dated Aug 08. “No! A quality check has confirmed out suspicion that the measurement was too high.”

(graphic)

By combining measurements with observations from other weather stations, the DMI has now estimated that the temperature was more like -2C (28F) — quite a difference, and still only a guess.

“You could say that this is good news from a climate perspective,” Herdis Damberg, one of the Institute’s meteorologists told Danish state broadcaster DR.

“There are probably a lot of people wiping their foreheads saying that it’s pretty good that it wasn’t four degrees.”

In my opinion, Damberg is an idiot — an erroneous reading like this is terrible news from a climate perspective. The damage was done almost instantly when hundreds of MSM outlets leaped to publish the bad news without even the sniff of a fact-check. The AGW train must keep on chugging — the mere fact that the DMI reported record-warmth in Greenland –true or otherwise– was no-doubt seen as a gift-from-heaven to all those propagating the climate scare.
    Also aiding to prove my point, ZERO retractions of the erroneous record have been issued by the MSM.

The ruse is clearer than ever.

And also, for what it’s worth, the DMI believes that heavy snow (ironically) had caused poor ventilation around the thermometers at the site, wrongly boosting the temperature. The institute still claims the ice sheet is melting away, however, even though every data-point they have clearly contradicts that: (graphic)

Furthermore, snow cover across the entire Northern Hemisphere is currently, as of Nov 15, at astonishing levels. Very rarely, since GSL records began in 1998, has this much of the Hemisphere been blanketed in the white stuff so early in the season. In addition, the FMI’s Total Snow Mass for the NH chart is tracking at twice the rate of the 1982-2012 average. (graphic)

Don’t be fooled by bogus political ideologies.

The lower-latitudes are likely refreezing in line with historically low solar activity.

Yes, a few far-northern areas like Alaska and the Arctic are warming –slightly– but 1) no one lives up there so quite frankly, who cares, and 2) as NASA succinctly identify in their ‘Maunder Minimum Temperature Reconstruction Map’ (below), these regions are expected to warm during periods of global cooling, as are the North Atlantic, Iceland and the southern tip of Greenland.

There is now such thing as a ‘global’ climate. (graphic)

And regarding any Arctic sea ice melt –and the potential consequences for sea level rise– again, a non-issue — at least 90% of the planet’s ice is safely locked up in Antarctica which, for as long as we can tell, has been steadily advancing, comfortably offsetting the comparatively tiny losses observed at its northern cousin.

NASA has recently revealed this upcoming solar cycle (25) will be “the weakest of the past 200 years,” and they’ve correlated previous solar shutdowns to prolonged periods of global cooling here. (graphic)

Our future is COLD — prepare accordingly — grow your own

Yeah, it somewhat makes up for the fact that I didn't get done in the house what I needed to. So I'll face another morning of cold and hope I can do enough tomorrow to be able to use the heater. My house is cooling down a lot now, even with it being sunny out, and I really need to start using the heat. I'm amazed that November was half finish last night and I still have not used a heater. I must be nuts!
    Our house isn't staying as warm, either, and we're south of you. Last evening we were forecasted to go to 39 overnight. Then we saw a later forecast for 34 overnight. This morning when I got up we were at 32, and I wasn't as early getting up this morning as usual, so we were probably lower. They're having a hard time getting our overnight lows pinned down.....just like last winter.

Hopefully you'll have the better part of this week to get your heater situation taken care of. We're supposed to be warmer this week until Thursday evening. We're busting like crazy to get what we can done outside, but senior status is slowing us down more and more...DH woke up this morning and promptly parked himself on a nice, big heating bad for his back.

Today I'm going to try to make a grocery run, and I'll report back if I see anything odd. At least the sun is out!

The sun's out here, now, too, after a couple hours of clouds.

I just plugged in my space heater! I'll have to learn the controls as this milk house heater is a kind I've never used before. I read that this type of heater shouldn't be used as the primary heat source, so I bought two and will alternate their use, maybe even every day. Not sure if that will help but it will reassure me. I do not run space heaters when I'm sleeping and I even turn them off when I step outdoors for anything. And they are used only in the room I am in, which is the kitchen about 99 percent of the time.

I can't tell so soon how well these will keep me warm, but they will certainly be better than the nothing I've been using up until today!

The sun's out here, now, too, after a couple hours of clouds.

I just plugged in my space heater! I'll have to learn the controls as this milk house heater is a kind I've never used before. I read that this type of heater shouldn't be used as the primary heat source, so I bought two and will alternate their use, maybe even every day. Not sure if that will help but it will reassure me. I do not run space heaters when I'm sleeping and I even turn them off when I step outdoors for anything. And they are used only in the room I am in, which is the kitchen about 99 percent of the time.

I can't tell so soon how well these will keep me warm, but they will certainly be better than the nothing I've been using up until today!
    That's great that you were able to get the heaters up and running. It's always good to be safe with them as you are, and I'm definitely very careful with anything electric, too. I'd bet they'll make you feel very comfortable, anything is better than this darn cold!

I came back from my shopping run to mostly cloudy skies, so it sure doesn't feel as warm as it was when I left. I didn't do much looking around, sorry, but the first cough I heard I went to my kamikaze shopping style, which is stick to the list and get out as fast as possible.

Interesting comment, though, from our DD. She was in the meat section of a different store and overheard the stockers there saying that they were running out of turkeys fast(as in not just in the poultry section, but in the back area, too). I've been picking up some turkey breasts at each trip, and either cooking ahead and vacuum sealing them, or just de-boning them from the carcass and freezing the breasts raw to be cooked later. We eat a lot of turkey here, and I learned last year that pretty much what is out at Thanksgiving season is the last we'll see until next year. I thought they'd have more at Christmas time, but nope...not a one to be had. It saves a whole lot of freezer space to debone the meat carcass either after cooking or before, and just freeze the meat. Turkeys obviously take up a lot of space.

Well, today was a fairly good day. Builder guy came around 2 PM (he had to work this morning) and we made two trips up to my sister's place and got all 25 bags of leaves brought here. He mashed them down a whole lot and really crammed the back of the truck full! He emptied all of them into the chicken penn and then he played with the hens a little bit. He really loves those chickens! He tries to catch one and then he calms it down and pets it and talks to it. He said they need names, but they are so identical it's silly so I told him they needed to be named like Seven of Nine. They will be from One of Nine all the way up to Nine of Nine.

Anyway, I saw that my nephew dropped off a piece of plywood here recently so we moved it into the yard and tarped it, since there will be rain before he'll be back again.

I'm having to warm up my kitchen all over again because I was gone and then outdoors all afternoon and the heater was off and unplugged.

Thanks for that information about the turkeys. I'll let my sister-in-law know for sure, as well as my sister.

I not only cook turkey or turkey breast and freeze the meat, I boil down and then strain the scraps and then cool and skim and freeze the broth that's so concentrated it's like a piece of rubber. Takes up less room that way. Good for soups, gravy or just for cooking rice or potatoes in broth instead of water.

Well, today was a fairly good day. Builder guy came around 2 PM (he had to work this morning) and we made two trips up to my sister's place and got all 25 bags of leaves brought here. He mashed them down a whole lot and really crammed the back of the truck full! He emptied all of them into the chicken penn and then he played with the hens a little bit. He really loves those chickens! He tries to catch one and then he calms it down and pets it and talks to it. He said they need names, but they are so identical it's silly so I told him they needed to be named like Seven of Nine. They will be from One of Nine all the way up to Nine of Nine.

Anyway, I saw that my nephew dropped off a piece of plywood here recently so we moved it into the yard and tarped it, since there will be rain before he'll be back again.

I'm having to warm up my kitchen all over again because I was gone and then outdoors all afternoon and the heater was off and unplugged.

Thanks for that information about the turkeys. I'll let my sister-in-law know for sure, as well as my sister.

I not only cook turkey or turkey breast and freeze the meat, I boil down and then strain the scraps and then cool and skim and freeze the broth that's so concentrated it's like a piece of rubber. Takes up less room that way. Good for soups, gravy or just for cooking rice or potatoes in broth instead of water.
    This guy is really working out well for you, that's terrific. Hopefully you'll warm back up before you go to bed!

You're welcome, and thanks for the tip on the turkey - that's great info!

Ice Age Farmer has a new podcast out - and just from the title my reponse - Oh Hell!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgV02490Cpk

SUGAR SHORTAGE - Harvest From Hell - Year Without a Summer - Youtube Censorship

Run time is 16:35

September blizzards and hard freezes throughout October killed off nearly half of this year's sugar beet harvest, leading major sugar producers to BREAK their contracts and refusing to deliver product (because they don't have it). This is a microcosm of how agriculture will break down, slowly at first, then catastrophically. Feed and hay shortages are already spreading. Start growing your own food and preparing.

https://www.iceagenow.info/millions-...canola-freeze/

Millions of acres of Canadian canola freeze
    November 17, 2019 by Robert

This year will be remembered as the “harvest from hell,” said farmer John Guelly, chairman of the Alberta Canola industry group.

Heavy snow and rain during harvest have left several million acres of canola, renowned as Canada’s most profitable crop, buried until spring.

As of November 5, some 17% of Alberta’s canola remained unharvested along with 12% of Saskatchewan’s canola and 9% of Manitoba’s. That unharvested canola represents about 2.7 million acres, or 13% of national plantings according to government estimates.

Although some of the crops that remain in the fields over the winter can probably be salvaged at a discount in the spring, it can delay farmers from planting the next crop.

These are the sorts of delays (delayed planting and disastrous harvests) that lead to widespread famine during the Little Ice Age, when literally millions of people died of starvation.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKBN1XP1XV

The article below contains a video explaining how poor harvest conditions, trade disputes and a looming federal carbon tax are all weighing on the Canadian agriculture industry.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/video/cele...ent/vi-BBWMl0n

Thanks to Laurel for these links

Well, Jeez Louise....and I just went shopping today.

I guess my next Costco run will include sugar (from sugar cane) and probably vegetable oil from the grocery store. Both are likely to go up in price (and be short on availability?) due to the above mentioned problems.

And so it begins...or continues....

TxGal, remember when you are cooking any kind of meat, save all the grease, lard, whatever, and give some of it to your chickens. I mentioned before that the lady I got my chickens from told me that animal fats are no longer being added to chicken feed.

I bought lard and put it in the freezer and my sister will save the tallow when she browns ground beef and I'll save any I skim from the turkeys and turkey breasts that I cook from now on.

I saw earlier on his twitter page that IAF was working on a new podcast. It sounds even grimmer than the last two and I haven't even listened to it yet. He referred to a _____shortage and I wonder if he meant propane but blanked it because of what you tube is doing?

My kitchen is actually warming up enough that I need only one light shawl. It is wonderful! My nose has finally stopped running! (:

Thinking about making gravy from the boiled down turkey broth reminded me of something. Not sure if I've ever mentioned this on the forum here, but I found out a long time ago that old flour will not thicken gravy. I don't know if the same is true for corn starch and I've never looked to see what other things can be used as thickeners, (is there such a thing as tapioca flour?) Maybe there is something else that would work even when old, and gravy lovers might like to know about it.

book lovers may cringe at this article, quite a few pics at the website.

https://www.wantedinmilan.com/news/v...nkgDCQLaZdRtOU

Venice has had quite a bit of flooding..

Adapt 2030 has a new podcast out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0ixCzJzuaw

(MIAC #248) Will JIT Deliveries Bottleneck at the Dawn of the GSM?

Run time is 30:51

Kristian Lander www.kristianlander.com host of Our Curious World Podcast and DuByne creator of the ADAPT 2030 channel on YouTube discuss energetic changes in consciousness and frequency on Earth as the Sun moves into its 400-year cycle affecting global crop production, the economy and everyone on our planet. This is an energetic timeline for what you can expect from now to 2023.

•Chinese string of pearls for sea delivery of food cargo
    •China / Russia grain trade deal reached
    •50 sunspots or less for Solar Cycle 25 average
    •Why are not telling citizens about the Grand Solar Minimum
    •Media distraction convincing you its an ice age, not mini ice age
    •Roman grain growing areas in North Africa
    •What is anticipated in a Grand Solar Minimum for decreasing agricultural production globally
    •Switch to indoor vertical agriculture for future food production
    •Global water supplies

The Oppenheimer Ranch Project has a new podcast out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivv3WbFXdYk

Texas Snow - Record Cold Northeast - California Power Cut - Cricketball Size Hail - Leonids & Safire

Run time is 27:34

PG&E says power shutoffs possible in the Bay Area this week http://bit.ly/2XsphWT
    Winter weather advisories issued for 9 Northeastern states https://cnn.it/32XJaGC
    Local residents brave the chill on record-cold November day http://bit.ly/2CRfu39
    Coldest November start on record; Rain with a few flakes on the way http://bit.ly/2CSYt92
    Poconos ski season begins early thanks to record cold front http://bit.ly/2Kvwf8o
    GFS Model Total Snow US http://bit.ly/2Ohw1CU
    Coastal Storm Drifts Away From Southeast and Mid-Atlantic; Fire Weather Concerns Remain In Southern California http://bit.ly/2p2GER3
    HEAVY EARLY-SEASON SNOWFALL PARALYZES SOUTHEAST FRANCE — 330,000+ HOMES LEFT WITHOUT POWER http://bit.ly/2NUGYeI
    Avalanche rolls through Italian village http://bit.ly/2rUELr5
    2 Skiers, Caught in Avalanche, Die in Austrian Alps http://bit.ly/2Kxtd3n
    GFS Model Total Snow Europe http://bit.ly/2qqS5Dd
    3rd Record Tide Enters Venice as Italy Hit With Snow, Rain http://bit.ly/32R1Jw0
    and more

https://www.iceagenow.info/no-farm-n...green-economy/

No farm, no food, no future!”: Farmers clog traffic in Hamburg with 4,000 tractors, reject ‘green’ economy

November 17, 2019 by Robert

See video! German farmers flooded city’s streets with thousands of tractors in protest against new environment regulations.,

They are accusing the government of bullying them as it conducts its fight for a ‘green’ economy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXOq...ature=youtu.be
    (Run time is 2:41)

Around 4,000 tractors arrived in Hamburg on Thursday, where a meeting of regional environment ministers was being held. The kilometer-long (miles-long) convoys, stretching across the city’s busy streets, caused “considerable traffic disruption” downtown, police said.

Placards displayed on the tractors included slogans such as ‘No farm, no food, no future’ and ‘Just say ‘Thank you,’ which conveys many farmers’ desire for the government to appreciate what those in agriculture do for the economy, instead of engaging in what they see as bullying and scapegoating in the name of pursuing green goals.

“The rules, which are coming from the German government, are so hard for us that we can’t work on our farms.” Klaus-Peter Lucht, Vice President of the regional Farmers Association, told RT. “We can’t make good crops. We can’t have good fodder for the dairy [cows].”

https://www.rt.com/news/473523-germa...=rss&utm_mediu m=rss&utm_campaign=RSS
    Thanks to Jimmy Walter for this link

TxGal, remember when you are cooking any kind of meat, save all the grease, lard, whatever, and give some of it to your chickens. I mentioned before that the lady I got my chickens from told me that animal fats are no longer being added to chicken feed.

I bought lard and put it in the freezer and my sister will save the tallow when she browns ground beef and I'll save any I skim from the turkeys and turkey breasts that I cook from now on.

I saw earlier on his twitter page that IAF was working on a new podcast. It sounds even grimmer than the last two and I haven't even listened to it yet. He referred to a _____shortage and I wonder if he meant propane but blanked it because of what you tube is doing?

My kitchen is actually warming up enough that I need only one light shawl. It is wonderful! My nose has finally stopped running! (:
    I wonder if he was working on the sugar shortage podcast. Gosh, I hope so, we're getting ominous news reports one right after the other...and I thought it was going to get quiet for a while except for record lows and record snow reports.

Yep, that's all a good idea! I seem to recall that lard lasts indefinitely at room temperature, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Hey, that's great! I think we only went down to 38 overnight. Our forecast is for 71 today, so we're working out the outdoor list today. Still forecasting a cold front on Friday. Ick.

Surviving the Super Grand Solar Minimum has a new blog post up:

Surviving the Super Grand Solar Minimum

Sunday, November 17, 2019

The Coming Destruction of our Global Food Growing Systems

It looks like winter started about a month or more earlier that normal. Not only are records for the month (end of October start of November) being broke, but some records are being broken that have never been recorded even into the deepest parts of winter. In Canada and the US, some crops are still laid out in the field and covered by snow. Some crops will never be harvested in places in Europe and in the US. Some vegetables like potatoes will just rot in wet muddy conditions.

What has been happening is not something that I would have thought would happen. It's the ramp up speed of the SGSM that is startling. What is happening now is something I thought would happen perhaps one or two years in the future. Perhaps all the many records being broken are just a fluke or a one off? I think in the coming months we will see if that is the case. Obviously if things get worse as in more ice, cold, snow, rain, hail and broken records, them we may be seeing something worse than a 400 year cooling cycle.

What may be happening is what I have been blogging about. It's the coming destruction of our Global food growing systems. It's a perfect storm of many things that that can add up and cause severe climate explosions. I listed them in my last blog. They were:

Reduction in the Solar Wind and an increase in Galactic Cosmic Rays.
    Professor Valentina Zharkova's 400 year cycle.
    Magnetic pole flip of the earth's magnetic field.

One other item that is not discussed much and that is the effect of coronal holes and the terrestrial atmospheric temperature (cooling).

What is a Coronal Hole. Look here at this URL for a detailed explanation.

Things cool off when there are more corona holes. There still is much research going on about these holes. When we have large corona holes facing the earth, the solar wind increases.

This (solar wind) in combination with Cosmic Rays may cause even more cloud creation which add to the Albedo effect.

During Grand Solar Minimums, sunspots decrease and we have an increase of coronal holes. Perhaps this is why we are starting to see and is causing all the unprecedented cooling and records being broken. Additionally we are seeing the earths magnetic field become weaker and our magnetic poles move culminating in a possible pole flip. As I have said, we are living in interesting times, and living through conditions that modern man has need seen or experienced.

Fun and Games? Probably Not!

Climate Crisis - Not CO2 caused

Yes finally I see that we are using the term Climate Crisis. It was just a matter of time.
    Below are some headlines I found at places like Electroverse, and Zero Hedge and other places around the web. They are all out there, but don't show up in your day-to-day browsing.

Millions of acres canola buried in Canada: New drought hits California: Fears of more flooding in England: More Australian bush fires and snow in the Arabian Gulf
    Wisconsin Losing Two Farms A Day The Latest Sign Of Hard Times On The Horizon As 'Global Crop Loss Map' Keeps Growing
    Are You Ready For A Catastrophically Cold Winter? Here's What The Mainstream Media Won't Tell You...
    As Winter Storm Arrives, Chaos Unfolds At Chicago O'Hare As Passenger Jet Slides Off Runway
    Heavy early season snowfall paralyzes Southeast France - 330,000+ homes left with no power.
    More record gains for Greenland's Ice Sheet
    Extreme cold weather alert issued in Toronto as multiple all-time low temperature records fall
    Century-old record cold ravages Indianapolis
    Sweden suffers it's biggest November snowstorms in at least 40 years
    Arctic conditions grip the United States which rewrite the record books
    Multiple key roads blocked in Algeria following heavy snow fall
    Severe -30C (-22F) snow storm to strike part of Europe
    UK Snow update - Heavy snowfall bury's parts of Wales, Central England and Scotland

Before I end this blog I would like to again bring up what may be coming. Over and over I have brought up community.

NO NOT SOME 60's HIPPIE COMPOUND or COMMUNE. Nothing like Jones Town or some religious cult. Anything like this would last in the microseconds area when things enter into cold and bad times. (pic of hippies I didn't bring over)

A community should be more like a tribe or a brotherhood. Everyone watches each others back. Everyone shares resources. That is why I am writing my perhaps cheesy book "Solar Man".

The world is on the brink of some really bad times. Things are just holding on by a short thin thread. The coming cooling and the SGSM will eventually break that thread and then all the other threads like finance, and the almost demonic hate going on in our political system will come crashing down. I would not like to be a politician now when things come crashing down. Even if this political madness stopped today, the SGSM will eventually crash the system. Hungry, starving, homeless and screwed over people are unhappy people. It may take a while for our brainless society to realize that they never have been in control but controlled and they have been robbed of everything that should be dear to them.

And the reality of this is that only the community (tribe) will be capable of surviving all this. Even in a well connected and managed community it will be tough. It's always been that way. Even those in a community can be your enemy. The really sorrowful part of all this is that the pure, weak, old, and meek will be the first to not survive.

OK enough from Boomer Doomer Dennis

Here in Central Texas the weather forecasts are calling for sunny days, but the high altitude clouds are saying something else. It's probably those Central Texas weather / climate gods messing up things.

My wife is turning into the cookie monster. This happens every year as there will be stacks of cookies in cookie tins. Hmm lets see, the mailman (woman!!), trash collection people, the hair dresser, all the restaurant manager that I sell microgreens to and then there is our family and friends.

There is enough sugar, chocolate, nuts and other things in the kitchen to kill 300 diabetic people like me.

The weather gods wont get any though. and if Elijah shows up there will be a large container for him.

Thank You for reading my blog

Here are my really good recommendations:
    Prepare (cheaper now than later)
    Get 7 years of seeds (and some for others)
    Start your own or a community garden (grow thousands of pounds of food)
    Join, start or contemplate being part of a community (you could be a leader)
    Take care of your family and neighbors (especially the older ones like me LOL)
    Look after those that have less than you. (they are all over the place)

Cheers and best of every thing to all my readers.
    Dennis

TxGal, thanks for all the links today. They sure used up my morning!

you may have said before, but what kind of heat do you have in your house? It's concerning that you are always so cold.

Judy

nomifyle, I just use space heaters, but it really is warm enough, now that I've cleaned up the kitchen and it's safe to use them without hazard,

The biggest problem is that I get cold very easily. I've been this way my whole life and only am comfortable during the height of summer. And the last two summers have given me only about three weeks where I might have even gotten a little too warm near late afternoon.

I just dress in lots of warm layers and budget my time to get things done this time of year on sunny afternoons when the house warms up a little. Just now my attached greenhouse has reached 80 degrees and I've opened the little doors where I step out there from the living room.

Thanks for your concern, though. I don't think most people, who all seem to need air-conditioning much of the year, can possibly understand how I have to deal with my upside-down inner thermostat! (: If I have to be in air-conditioning for any length of time, I run a very real risk of catching pneumonia.

But I'll manage. And if I don't then it won't matter any more anyway.

When I moved to Arkansas from Minnesota, I didn't move far enough south. I should have moved to someplace like the Yucutan Peninsula! (: