Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CHAT Opinion on psychics and Christianity
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinion on psychics and Christianity

Is Christianity and psychic knowledge compatible?

I'm in a real bad spot right now - emotionally. Maybe it's the death of my sister (last month) hitting me hard. Maybe it's trying to find a part-time job and getting lost in the effort. Maybe it's the deleterious effects of PTSD from my husband blowing out his brains with my Glock.

Maybe it's my so-called (and once-trusted) financial advisor telling me - yesterday - that I really screwed up by selling off a bunch of stocks in late 2016. Maybe it's all of it.

Today, I went to the ARE Center in Virginia Beach (Edgar Cayce's outfit). I signed up for the psychic but then I thought the better of it and instead, I went elsewhere and purchased a small statue of Raphael (the archangel). Raphael and I then went home.

Are psychics antithetical to the teachings of Jesus Christ?

I do NOT want to hear from my demon-possessed husband, but I would like to know what happened to my life. Where are the angels that I was promised? Where are the good things that are supposed to start happening?

Yes, I'm under plenty of medical/mental care. I'm just worn completely out.

So the question is: Is it spiritually wise to seek out someone who might be able to give me some insight on what happened to my life? Or does it open a door to something that should remain shut?

BTW, since this happened, I've asked God at least 1001 questions and haven't heard a peep.

Thanks.

So the question is: Is it spiritually wise to seek out someone who might be able to give me some insight on what happened to my life? Or does it open a door to something that should remain shut?
    You answered your own question.

Find a good church where you can learn all about what the dark side is doing and how it does it. (Someplace where you can learn how to Let Go and Let God!) And don't stop praying!!!
    Last edited by JF&P; 01-13-2018 at 04:13 PM.
    JOHN 3:16 / John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE.

Hebrews 11:1King James Version (KJV)
    11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Best I can offer ....
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Do not open that door! Unless a psychic is 100% right 100% of the time they are not prophets of the Lord. Even if they are 99.9% right.....they are still not prophets of the LORD.

I'm sooo sorry for your losses. This has got to be a terribly tough time and weighing heavy on your shoulders and heart. You do need to find spiritual support, guidance and healing, but not from the dark side. No matter how tempting it might be, don't do it.

Hang in there. All things will come to pass and tincture of time is a great healer. Open your heart and seek the Lord. He will find you.

Blessings upon you.
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

Look up www.intouch.org -- InTouch Ministries has a message just aired yesterday regarding life's passing storms.

Praying for you my friend. Have faith.

I do have to agree with what everyone has posted. God doesn't owe us explanations... although I've said more than once that I've got several questions for Him once I get to Heaven.

My condolences on the loss of your sister.

You've had a lot of trauma in a very short time. You are fortunate that you at least HAVE assets... many women who are unexpectedly widowed or divorced are left with nothing.

I can say that through the years and struggles, over time, we have seen God's hand in the hard times. But it often took years before we were able to acknowledge, "Lord, You were right".

Instead of trying to ask "why", start asking Him to guide you to where He wants you to be. Try to give thanks for your blessings, no matter how small or insignificant they may seem. Maybe consider volunteering... at a pet shelter or soup kitchen.

I believe God made you walk away from the Cayce organization. Listen to that still, small voice.

I'll add you to the prayer list.

Summerthyme

Betty-Rose,
    I have struggled with this same question and Ive gone to the bible for my answer. Isaiah 8:19-20 is a verse that helped me:

19 When someone tells you to consult mediums and spiritists, who whisper and mutter, should not a people inquire of their God? Why consult the dead on behalf of the living? 20 Consult God’s instruction and the testimony of warning. If anyone does not speak according to this word, they have no light of dawn.
    If it's too hard, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMan View Post
    Do not open that door! Unless a psychic is 100% right 100% of the time they are not prophets of the Lord. Even if they are 99.9% right.....they are still not prophets of the LORD.

I'm sooo sorry for your losses. This has got to be a terribly tough time and weighing heavy on your shoulders and heart. You do need to find spiritual support, guidance and healing, but not from the dark side. No matter how tempting it might be, don't do it.

Hang in there. All things will come to pass and tincture of time is a great healer. Open your heart and seek the Lord. He will find you.

Blessings upon you.
    Exactly
    Due 13:
    I am in competition with no one. I have no desire to play the game of being better than anyone. I am simply trying harder to be a better person than I was yesterday.
    TRUTH

Betty Rose what a hard event to have to live with. You have have had a difficult life event to process and it's only been barely a year. Plus all of the other things such as financial to deal with.

Please do not go down the psychic road...that is a door that you should NOT open. It leads to a dark side that you do not want nor need to open.

If you attend church, please talk with your Pastor or Priest. I don't know if you went to grief counseling to help, but it sounds like you definitely someone to talk with and PRAY with you.

Sometimes when we are in the midst of dealing with a major life event such as loosing a loved one so horribly, it takes a long, long time to get where you feel the Lord or feel as tho He is working in your life. And He is working in your life, you have just hit a really, really hard patch.

He does love and He is there with you. Life is hard and we all have those bad times that eventually pass, sometimes it just takes a while.

Many prayers for you Betty Rose.
    Psalm 147:11
    The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.

Okay, bear in mind that I’m a totally imaginationless engineer. That being said, IMHO 99.9999% of so-called psychics are frauds. Also, I find it impossible to believe that a “genuine” psychic (however one might choose to define that) would work in some “center.” Most likely they wouldn’t be “professionals” in that field at all.

Now to your question: whether or not an individual psychic would be compatible with Christianity would depend on the psychic, wouldn’t it? I mean, if the person were a Christian, then I’d see no problems, as long as they’d refuse to do evil.

JMHO - YMMV

ETA: Now for something that really does disturb me, and that’s the fact that you’re thinking of seeing one at all. That to me says that you have some emotional or mental issues that you really need to seek help for, before they consume you.

I would not get mixed up or involved with psychics in any shape or form.

NOT for religion reasons because I am predominantly non religious. I am simply not comfortable with who they are and what they do. Don't believe such antics have any truth or merit to them.

Dennis made a very broad minded post on this thread and that is OK. It is just my opinion to steer clear.
    "Talking is easy and everyone is wise after the event."

Ernest Joyce

We must walk in faith. God answers in his way in his time. Please be strong Betty_Rose

Quote Originally Posted by L.A.B. View Post
    We must walk in faith. God answers in his way in his time. Please be strong Betty_Rose
    Thanks for the replies. I've been in crying mode for much of the day.

I've aggressively sought relief from medical and mental health practitioners, and I have sat and talked with probably three dozen members of clergy, if not more. I've spent a great deal of time seeking spiritual solutions and insights, through prayer, contemplative meditation, and prayers of petition. I've thrown everything I got at this, and I'm still drowning in the waves.

It's just a big ugly mess and I'm worn out.

Thanks for the prayers.

?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMan View Post

Blessings upon you.

Can you point me to any christian profits who have this track record? And what of those in the bible whose prophecy remain yet to be filled?

I think if you require the answers you seek you should leave no stone unturned however you should be very diligent with your search to not expose yourself to charlatans and those who would seek to use your vulnerabilities to their advantage. Ask for discernment with any pyschic you would seek out that you would know they are of clean heart and mind. IMHO

Without directly mentioning the religious aspects, if one believes in creation, who are we to question what has been created? To me it comes down to good, neutral, or evil. Taking coin to speak to the dead is inherently evil. If the dead have something they have been told you need to know, they will come to you, not the other way around.

I've been to the other side, seen a lot of things I didn't understand, and things I'm prevented from speaking of. I was sent back. After no sign of life just under half an hour (documented, actual was longer), I came out of the bag me and parts of me were stuffed in.

Never initiate contact. Period. The one safe venue you have is prayer.

My opinion and experience.
    Facts?? We don't need no stinkin facts...

Betty Rose, I studied the Cayce material for years, and never found anything false in it. I don't think anyone will harm you at the ARE Center, but don't come away believing everything you hear either. But it may be of some comfort to you. Maybe read the books instead. Once when I was in my 20's and having a hard time, I wrote to his son, Hugh Lynn, and that kind man took the time out to write me a two-page letter which was of great help to me. He's gone now, though, of course.

Steady your nerves, girlfriend, all will be well.

So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Quote Originally Posted by emiliozapata View Post
    Can you point me to any christian profits who have this track record? And what of those in the bible whose prophecy remain yet to be filled?
    “Prophets”, not “profits”.

Another thought, Betty Rose, if you do go to the ARE, perhaps you could ask about study groups in your area. They are held in people's homes to study the precepts in the Bible, more or less. I was in one at one time, and it was a lovely experience.

Here are the two books for that:

A Search for God, I & II:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/a-s...8aAs3HEALw_wcB

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    “Prophets”, not “profits”.
    Clearly, since i spelled prophecy correctly later in the post, the word was intentionally altered in pun format to make a denigration toward the For Profit manifestation of christianity in America today

I’m going to ask this one question:

With all the therapy and counseling you’ve had, have you joined a “suicide survivor’s” group? Only such a group could possibly understand your issues.

I’m going to ask this one question:

With all the therapy and counseling you’ve had, have you joined a “suicide survivor’s” group? Only such a group could possibly understand your issues.
    Yes, I've visited many of these groups in surrounding cities. With few exceptions, the participants are dealing with the loss of children and/or siblings.

I've not found them helpful. Many folks do not. We're all wired differently.

Interestingly, the greatest blessing has come from a group of "suicide widows" on Facebook. Those women have been so helpful.

From that group, I've learned that it can take 3-5 years to get to a point where you can sleep through the night occasionally and function normally.

Could it be that this year has been far too busy for one who is trying to still figure out what on earth happened to her life.......you are beyond exhausted and have looked at many houses, bought one, tried to redo your portfolio with someone who you might not be comfortable with, tried to adapt to a "single" life with little support, and are still wondering did you do it all correctly??

On top of it all, you are an extremely smart person who may have been overthinking, rather than letting things come to you at a pace you can deal with??

And could anger/stress fill too much of what you feel, rather than leaving space for peace and change and knowledge and satisfaction??

Praying that your heart may soften that you will listen to find your answers ..... I always learn something from you.
    True North Strong and Free

Psalm 42

As the deer pants for streams of water,
    so my soul pants for you, my God.

2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
    When can I go and meet with God?

3 My tears have been my food
    day and night,
    while people say to me all day long,
    “Where is your God?”

4 These things I remember
    as I pour out my soul:
    how I used to go to the house of God
    under the protection of the Mighty One
    with shouts of joy and praise
    among the festive throng.

5 Why, my soul, are you downcast?
    Why so disturbed within me?
    Put your hope in God,
    for I will yet praise him,
    my Savior and my God.

6 My soul is downcast within me;
    therefore I will remember you
    from the land of the Jordan,
    the heights of Hermon—from Mount Mizar.

7 Deep calls to deep
    in the roar of your waterfalls;
    all your waves and breakers
    have swept over me.

8 By day the*Lorddirects his love,
    at night his song is with me—
    a prayer to the God of my life.

9 I say to God my Rock,
    “Why have you forgotten me?
    Why must I go about mourning,
    oppressed by the enemy?”

10 My bones suffer mortal agony
    as my foes taunt me,
    saying to me all day long,
    “Where is your God?”

11 Why, my soul, are you downcast?
    Why so disturbed within me?
    Put your hope in God,
    for I will yet praise him,
    my Savior and my God

Judith 8: 25 - 27

We should be grateful to the Lord our God for putting us to the test as he did our forefathers.

Recall how he dealt with Abraham and how he tried Isaac, and all that happened to Jacob in Syrian Mesopotamia while he was tending the flocks of Laban his mother's brother.

Not for vengeance did the Lord put them in the crucible to try their hearts, nor has he done so with us. It is by way of admonition that he chastises those who are close to him.

Habbakuk 3[/B]

For though the fig tree blossom not nor the fruit be on the vines,
    though the yield of the olive fail and the terraces produce no nourishment,
    though the flocks disappear from the fold and there be no cattle in the stalls,

Yet will I rejoice in the Lord and exult in my saving God.

People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

26. Funny, I have had this internal discussion with my soul these last couple of days. It seems like everyone is talking about psychic predictions, mediums, etc. My aunt is a Christian, and she has been to mediums who “talk to dead relatives.” As pastor Steve Hadley says, those are not our relatives. They are demons steering us away from the Lord and his word. The story of Lazarus and the Rich Man makes it clear that there is a great divide between the dead and the living, and the two cannot cross.

I’ve been watching some really well-known and reputable traders teach about crypto currency, and lately they’ve been bringing on some psychics and mediums. Then they bring in Cliff High, who also talks about predictions and reincarnation, and describing how people have lived past lives. None of it is sitting well with me, and it’s giving me the creeps. But everyone is taking it so casually. There are several verses in the Bible that warn about this. Here is only one of those verses:

From Zechariah 10:2

Household gods give worthless advice,
    fortune-tellers predict only lies,
    and interpreters of dreams pronounce
    falsehoods that give no comfort.
    So my people are wandering like lost sheep;
    they are attacked because they have no shepherd

Maybe it's my so-called (and once-trusted) financial advisor telling me - yesterday - that I really screwed up by selling off a bunch of stocks in late 2016. Maybe it's all of it.
    You're so called financial adviser is an asshole, and is only saying this to you because they weren't able to make money off of you so keep this in mind. And with a little research he/she could possibly be sued into poverty for dereliction of fiduciary duties, it's amazing how many of them are on the take and are embezzling/money laundering. Ours got a 50 year sentence for the shenanigans he was up to... too many to list but human trafficking was one of them.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty_Rose View Post

I've aggressively sought relief from medical and mental health practitioners, and I have sat and talked with probably three dozen members of clergy, if not more. I've spent a great deal of time seeking spiritual solutions and insights, through prayer, contemplative meditation, and prayers of petition. I've thrown everything I got at this, and I'm still drowning in the waves.

Thanks for the prayers.
    The pain comes in waves. Don’t be the storm wall, be the water. It too rests.

A long time ago, I found out that strength is the patient faithful heart that never gives up. Let the fight bore with your stoic faith. You don’t need quick fixes, you just need to know that God loves us; from sinner to saint. He does not want us to fail.

Let the negative storm that has come against you go. Find peace with the past, and never fear the storms. Without resistance, their is no spiritual growth. Be patient. The tribulation is not as strong as the human heart. Seek trusted help when you are at wit’s end; but never give up.

Trust your own common sense. From your post, you have plenty of it, because you are questioning the consulting of crackpots and users.

Recent history has just shaken your personal confidence. Work on trusting yourself again.

Quote Originally Posted by emiliozapata View Post
    Clearly, since i spelled prophecy correctly later in the post, the word was intentionally altered in pun format to make a denigration toward the For Profit manifestation of christianity in America today
    I understood clearly what you meant because professed "prophets" are in it for "profit."

Betty Rose, if you opened the door what will happen if you can't close it? I think that's what keeps many of us from opening up that door. I'm sensing that you do not need to open the door, you sound more like you are very depressed. Depression is a difficult thing to over come, but you can do it, it can be done. Time heals all wounds. No one knows what the future holds, if that were true, we would all be billionaires, we would either go stark raven mad, or we would party on. Someone calling themselves a psychic will only tell you what you want to hear. My daughter's boss gave her a gift certificate to visit a psychic, my daughter said it was a waste of money, she would rather of had a raise instead. Surround yourself with caring people. There's plenty of organizations around where you can volunteer and meet good people and where you can focus on other things than on your troubles. Best to you Betty Rose.

Betty Rose, many times over the years Jesus has "spoken" to me through worship music. The basic idea is to pray you will hear what He has to say and sit back, be quiet in your spirit and Hear what the Holy Spirit has to say through the music ministers.

Magdalen quoting Psalm 42 stirred up my favorite melody of that psalm by an organist I know, it has spoken to many people across the country over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty_Rose View Post

Thanks for the prayers.
    Stay away from psychics, they're frauds. The only ones who actually dredge things up from the past and seem accurate are being manipulated by "spirit guides" which is new age speak for demons/devils. You think your life sucks now, just wait til those little buggers come marching in to torment and confuse you. The demons will tell the conduit personal things about you or your family that only you or the family might know in order to gain your confidence, demons are very old entities who exist around us and have seen everything from probably the dawning of Adam and Eve. They will relate secret or personal things to a so-called psychic in order to make you believe in ghosts or a family member who's dead as being able to communicate after death (they can't, the Bible discusses this). If you believe something that the Bible says is not true, it chips away at your faith and casts doubt on your salvation.

God doesn't always answer in the timeframe we hope, I've been waiting and praying for Him to give me a decent place to live, as the roof on this old place is literally bowing inward and splitting seams in the ceiling, circuit breakers pop if I run two things at once like the vacuum and coffee maker, etc. I've been praying 10 years now, and so far no joy. Just when I got enough money to buy a trailer house not as old as this junker, prices tripled. You just got your dream house, walk through it and praise God that He saw fit to bless you with such an amazing home, and that He moved you so you can build new, healthy memories.

I know what it's like to be beat down like a stray dog, it's hard to see the good out there, but if you don't force yourself to see the positive you will just end up deeper and deeper in the darkness of negativity. You've been under a lot of stress, you need to eat right to rebuild your body, make it strong again so it can deal with the issues you're going through. If you're on medication, I IMPLORE you to look up the side effects, especially the "rare" ones (they aren't rare, they say that so you keep taking them), most antidepressants cause depression! Suicidal ideation as well. And they deplete your body of nutrients. If you aren't already, load up on Omega 3's, good quality, they are super helpful for depression and feed the brain.

We will all always have stresses, sometimes we just have to live through them and be grateful we are on the other side when we get there. Thanking God for what you have, even the bad stuff (ugh, is that ever hard!) is a start to regaining some peace of mind and eventually happiness, you'll realize that there are plenty of folks who have it a heck of a lot worse. God gives us hardship probably for several reasons, maybe we will understand why later maybe not, but He knows what He's doing.

Make sure you are getting enough sleep!!! I take about 10-15 mg of melatonin and some lithium orotate (quarter tablet) and that usually helps me though I rarely get a consecutive 6 hours at least I get some shut eye. Lack of sleep is a big contributor to depression and negativity, plus it's when your body makes it's hormones and heals.

What I finally learned to do to overcome decades of crushing depression that nothing seemed to help? I found someone I really looked up to, someone who was always laughing or smiling, pretty and well favored, and made myself imagine what it would be like to be her, really put myself in her shoes. How would she feel about something that I reacted negatively to, would she behave as I did? No? Well how would she deal with it? And I'd do it. It didn't take long to notice I was feeling better.

And know that we are all praying and pulling for you Betty Rose, you're far from alone.
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Awww (((((((Betty_Rose)))))))

People you don’t even know are praying for you. There is so much faith and wisdom to hold onto in this thread alone.

Flippper is right; you are not alone. Breathe, cry, pray. Repeat. Stay close here. Don’t forget basic healthy self-care including water, nutrition, sunshine, rest. Don’t forget the chocolate.

Betty Rose, lots of good advice on this thread. None of it takes you out of your present suffering. Even time will not likely "heal" your wounds; it will just make you more used to them so you can get on with your life. All I can offer is my prayers for amelioration of your pain, and hope for your future. Know you are loved by many, and most of all by God.

You've had a serious shock to your central nervous system, one that can produce post traumatic stress disorder. One of the accepted treatments is Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) for PTSD, used by the VA. Here is a link and the information from the website:

https://www.ptsd.va.gov/public/treat...r-for-ptsd.asp

Practice guidelines have identified that trauma-focused psychotherapies have the most evidence for treating PTSD. Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is one type of trauma-focused psychotherapy.

EMDR can help you process upsetting memories, thoughts, and feelings related to the trauma. By processing these experiences, you can get relief from PTSD symptoms.

How Does It Work?

After trauma, people with PTSD often have trouble making sense of what happened to them. EMDR helps you process the trauma, which can allow you to start to heal. In EMDR, you will pay attention to a back-and-forth movement or sound while calling to mind the upsetting memory. You will do this until the way you experience the memory shifts and becomes less distressing.

Although EMDR is an effective treatment for PTSD, there is disagreement about it works. Some research shows that the back and forth movement is an important part of treatment, but other research shows the opposite.

What Can I Expect?

During the first stage, you will learn about physical and emotional reactions to trauma. You and your provider will discuss how ready you are to focus on your trauma memories in therapy. To prepare, you will learn some new coping skills.

Next, you will identify the "target", or the upsetting memory you want to focus on, including any negative thoughts, feelings and bodily sensations related to the memory. You will hold the memory in your mind while also paying attention to a back-and-forth movement or sound (like your provider's moving finger, a flashing light, or a tone that beeps in one ear at a time) until your distress goes down. This will last for about 30 seconds at a time, and then you will talk about what the exercise was like for you.

Eventually, you will focus on a positive belief and feeling while you hold the memory in your mind. Towards the end of treatment, your provider will re-assess your symptoms to see if you need to process other targets.

What Are the Risks?

You may feel uncomfortable when focusing on trauma-related memories or beliefs, especially at first. These feelings are usually brief and people tend to feel better as they keep doing EMDR. Most people who complete EMDR find that the benefits outweigh any initial discomfort.

Group or Individual?

EMDR is an individual therapy. You will meet one-to-one with your provider for each session.

Will I Talk in Detail about My Trauma?

No, in most cases you will not be asked to talk about the details of your trauma out loud. But you will be asked to call your trauma to mind in session.

Will I Have Homework?

No, EMDR does not require you to complete homework or practice assignments between sessions.

How Long Does Treatment Last?

EMDR usually involves 1-3 months of weekly 50-90 minute sessions. Many people start to notice improvement after a few sessions. And the benefits of EMDR can last long after your final session with your provider.

Here is another link with information about EMDR:

http://www.emdr.com/what-is-emdr/

Okay, bear in mind that I’m a totally imaginationless engineer. That being said, IMHO 99.9999% of so-called psychics are frauds. Also, I find it impossible to believe that a “genuine” psychic (however one might choose to define that) would work in some “center.” Most likely they wouldn’t be “professionals” in that field at all.

Now to your question: whether or not an individual psychic would be compatible with Christianity would depend on the psychic, wouldn’t it? I mean, if the person were a Christian, then I’d see no problems, as long as they’d refuse to do evil.

JMHO - YMMV

ETA: Now for something that really does disturb me, and that’s the fact that you’re thinking of seeing one at all. That to me says that you have some emotional or mental issues that you really need to seek help for, before they consume you.
    Yet Edgar Cayce, the most documented American psychic ever, was a devout Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by Catnip View Post
    Yet Edgar Cayce, the most documented American psychic ever, was a devout Christian.
    Correct. And for many years he conducted the readings on his sofa with his devoted secretary taking the notes and transcribing them. He wore himself out on many an occasion helping people with their physical ailments. People who have never read even one Cayce book can't understand because they don't know.

All good posts. Even the pro- Cayce ones from what comes back to my mind from reading his books 45 years ago. But i’d Especially focus on the scriptures that were shared above.

Now that “angel”?

I’d return that right away. Not in my house.

love overcomes. God calls each of us to overcome. How is that possible unless the Lord Himself help us?
    Wait upon the Lord. He IS faithful to provide all that we need!
    ” Watch ye therefore and pray always that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass and to stand before the Son of Man”
    Luke 21:36

COLLAPSE NOW: avoid the rush

The medium I had seen was a former nun, wore a crucifix and always started a session in prayer
    Frugal is the new black!!
    http://www.bethefrugaldiva.com
    Get cashback on your online purchases!!!
    http://www.ebates.com/refer-a-friend...o%2FgWeg%3D%3D

Quote Originally Posted by Laurane View Post
    Could it be that this year has been far too busy for one who is trying to still figure out what on earth happened to her life.......you are beyond exhausted and have looked at many houses, bought one, tried to redo your portfolio with someone who you might not be comfortable with, tried to adapt to a "single" life with little support, and are still wondering did you do it all correctly??

On top of it all, you are an extremely smart person who may have been overthinking, rather than letting things come to you at a pace you can deal with??

And could anger/stress fill too much of what you feel, rather than leaving space for peace and change and knowledge and satisfaction??

Praying that your heart may soften that you will listen to find your answers ..... I always learn something from you.
    Laurane, have we met? And btw, you must have a phenomenal memory.

God bless you for saying this and for remembering me and for "getting" me.

Truly, this post sums me up very well. As the author of several books (historic non-fiction), I am way, way too analytical and I overthink *everything*.

I'm also an over-acheiver and I have been trying to rush through this hell at best possible speed. The "psyche ache" and pain is more than I can bear.

I don't post all the details here, but my husband's suicide did a lot of collateral damage to every facet of my life, my health, my children's lives and their health, my familial relationships and so much more. With three exceptions, all those "friends" from my prior life are gone. Even my little dog has been ill, requiring three emergency surgeries and on-going (expensive) veterinary care.

He shot himself in front of her. The neighbor took her away before I could see her. They had to cut out large swaths of her white fur because it was stained with his blood. She tried to nudge him and lick him back to life.

And the rage and anger I feel - that's massive. My entire life, people have always told me that I had "an extraordinarily kind heart." And I did. Before this. I hope it comes back one day.

He was brilliant (180+ IQ), well-educated and was a politician, with a position that afforded him much power and prestige. Later, I learned that he originally planned a murder/suicide but that plan was thwarted.

The mental health professionals tell me that the rage will subside, and that's it part of this path, and that I will heal. (BTW, that financial advisor gave me crap for spending so much money last year, but a significant chunk of change went to "out-of-network" mental health care.)

In short, thank you so much. Some days, I think that I just need to give myself permission to sit still rather than running around from churches and their events (including volunteering) to group sessions to therapy to libraries to bookstores to parks to luncheons to events and mainly, to not stop moving until I'm exhausted. I'm a contemplative type, but I am afraid that if I stop running, I may go insane.

Thanks for all of the kind words. It's Sunday, and this afternoon, I'm meeting someone in a nearby town (about 90 minutes away) to work together on a research project.

Surely today will be a better day.

Thanks.