Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ALERT Hawaii emergency incoming missle - FALSE ALARM
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eens View Post
    Speaking of Trump, has anyone heard if he has said anything about this so called 'screwup'? If not, that may be a clue.
    It doesn't look like he's tweeted anything today so far:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

If there was a launch, it would have flown over Japan and they would have noticed. So would South Korea who has a vested interest in these things. Someone would have said something, so I think it was a mistake, hack, space debris etc, but not an ICBM. Unless that "satellite" that NK put up was coming down.

Quote Originally Posted by vessie View Post
    Aloha Issy! It's good to hear from you and mahalo for your post!

I figure, if I'm over there on Kauai when this happens, I'd expect any incoming ICBM would be going straight for Honolulu.

Don't know why I think that because we have the Pacific Missile Range Facility at Barking Sands on Kauai.

If your ever on Kauai, just pm me, I might be on island at my place. V
    You’re assuming Kim has anything approaching accuracy.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

Very revealing is that it took 38 minutes for an "official" retraction of the incoming missile threat alert.

Also revealing is the hopelessly lame excuse that somebody, during a shift change, pressed the wrong button.

With little real information at this early juncture, I'll just think out loud for a moment,

- Since when do people come in on a new shift and just start pushing a bunch of buttons?

- Why didn't this "button" have a physical cover or physical or electronic lock that would preclude accidently bumping that stupid button?

- Why would anyone in a non-supervisory, non-responsible capacity even have access to such a button?

- Why wouldn't at least two people have to agree to initiating a ballistic missile warning?

- Why didn't the outdoor warning sirens sound in a supposedly integrated warning system?

- Were all areas alerted or was the warning system unable to all residents, at the same, in a timely fashion?

Something is definitely rotten in Denmark and it is not the cheese.
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Some buddy got their eggs scrambled but good there this morning...

heads are gonna roll.

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    Nope, nope, nope.

Not THAT SPECIFIC of a warning. Don't believe it for a second (if anyone here has actual experience with this stuff and can tell us I'm wrong, and they actually have multiple canned alerts wh8ch are this specific and they just "pick the one that matches "I'll happily eat crow)

IF it was a missile attempt on Hawaii which we managed to intercept, I can see TPTB keeping it quiet until the President and SecDef can get their ducks in order.

Would they retaliate immediately (within, say 48 hours) or would they possibly wait until they think Kim and NK relax their guard a bit in a few weeks (you can't stay in Condition Red for too long) and then hit them?

Seems like it might be a good time to check the preps...

Summerthyme
    Yep!

And one really important thing about not wanting to scare the public is that Hawaii's number one industry is Tourism.

Defense being number 2 as a large part of it's economy.

Soooo....

"If" an ICBM was incoming and we took it out, why tell the public and scare them into vacation dollars somewhere else?

That'd be Really bad for Hawaii's economy.

You don't want to scare off the people who want to spend their hard earned money wanting to visit the islands. And I'm speaking about people from many other countries. V

Quote Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
    Very revealing is that it took 38 minutes for an "official" retraction of the incoming missile threat alert.

Also revealing is the hopelessly lame excuse that somebody, during a shift change, pressed the wrong button.

With little real information at this early juncture, I'll just think out loud for a moment,

- Since when do people come in on a new shift and just start pushing a bunch of buttons?

- Why didn't this "button" have a physical cover or physical or electronic lock that would preclude accidently bumping that stupid button?

- Why would anyone in a non-supervisory, non-responsible capacity even have access to such a button?

- Why wouldn't at least two people have to agree to initiating a ballistic missile warning?

- Why didn't the outdoor warning sirens sound in a supposedly integrated warning system?

- Were all areas alerted or was the warning system unable to all residents, at the same, in a timely fashion?

This is exactly what I had to spell out to my husband before I came on here and saw Issy's thread. V

When were you in Denver?

[QUOTE=Melodi;6733961]

I still remember standing in the hallway of my downtown Denver office screaming at people who were just standing near the windows watching THREE tornados bounce down the road and having one say "oh don't worry, they would warn us if we were really in danger."

QUOTE]

When were you in Denver - we were there in 1985-1989. Wife was standing on the walkway in front of our apartment (I was at work) watching 3 tornadoes all within a mile of her at once (I think that was in either 88 or 89). Our apt manager made everyone head down to the laundry room.

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post
    As I first said, I thought it was a joke. It was some soccer game interrupted by unreadable garble that broke across the top of the screen, then a couple of fat old guys sitting around looking nervous, then a shot of another TV screen on the back wall with Flo from Progressive Insurance spouting off about something. I'm pretty sure it was someone's artistic endeavor, hence the copyright infringement.
    Are you on cable or direct antenna for that station?
    A local Broadcast station will insert the warning over their normal programming. You will continue to see that channel after the alert.
    Some cable companies, because of the cost of all the extra equipment to insert over all the non-broadcast channels, will force your cable box to change to a specified channel that will carry the alert. The cable box might not return to the previous channel. Could this be what you saw?

Quote Originally Posted by Profit of Doom View Post
    You’re assuming Kim has anything approaching accuracy.
    That is true.

But if it were Kim or 'someone else', no one would now where the dang thing would land. V

It doesn't look like he's tweeted anything today so far:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump
    Maybe he’s suffering from Anal Whiplash and can’t communicate.

Really, I have to wonder.

Did this actually happen and one of Thor's Hammers take it out and they don't want the public to know that Zuma was actually a success?

Remember, OWL and 'happy hunting'.

Just throwing this out there, what the heck. V

Nope, nope, nope.

Not THAT SPECIFIC of a warning. Don't believe it for a second (if anyone here has actual experience with this stuff and can tell us I'm wrong, and they actually have multiple canned alerts wh8ch are this specific and they just "pick the one that matches "I'll happily eat crow)

IF it was a missile attempt on Hawaii which we managed to intercept, I can see TPTB keeping it quiet until the President and SecDef can get their ducks in order.

Would they retaliate immediately (within, say 48 hours) or would they possibly wait until they think Kim and NK relax their guard a bit in a few weeks (you can't stay in Condition Red for too long) and then hit them?

Summerthyme
    Yep!

And one really important thing about not wanting to scare the public is that Hawaii's number one industry is Tourism.

Defense being number 2 as a large part of it's economy.

Soooo....

"If" an ICBM was incoming and we took it out, why tell the public and scare them into vacation dollars somewhere else?

That'd be Really bad for Hawaii's economy.

You don't want to scare off the people who want to spend their hard earned money wanting to visit the islands. And I'm speaking about people from many other countries. V

I think we'd know if Kim fired a missile in very short time. Too many other nations would see it and broadcast the news. But if he did, and we took it out, they would delay the announcement. Food for thought...

HD

If nork wanted to nuke us, now would be the perfect time. Can you imagine: everybody being pissed off about this false alarm, then another one comes out... everybody would just say aww, that's just another false alarm, keep doing what you are doing. But I mean really, how many people really had an emergency plan and implemented it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
    If there was a launch, it would have flown over Japan and they would have noticed. So would South Korea who has a vested interest in these things. Someone would have said something, so I think it was a mistake, hack, space debris etc, but not an ICBM. Unless that "satellite" that NK put up was coming down.
    This is how you check "Other" sources....check Japanese and South Korea if you get an alert.
    JOHN 3:16 / John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE.

Anyone buying this?

Dean Grose
    🇺🇸
    ‏ @deanlosal
    3m3 minutes ago

#BREAKING: Hawaii Governor David Ige tells CNN that someone "pushed the wrong button" during an employee shift change, sending out the false alert about an incoming ballistic missile

No, I'm not buying that at all.

The timing, shortly after the hour, is right for a test. TV doesn’t usually have commercials at that time, so no loss of revenue.
    The EAS unit I worked with could not originate real alerts, would only relay what was received from local radio station or weather/NWS receiver. I don’t know about the originator here, but I doubt if two people are required or even on site on a normal day. As far as trust/supervisor, if you can’t trust them to do it right themselves, they should not be working there.
    I can see re-education camp in the entire staff’s future.

I am not believing the current version of a State issued Emergency Drill that the wrong button was pushed. Our military went to General Quarters. I don't think they take orders from the civilian government of Hawaii.

NORAD can detect a launch within seconds and can predict its course shortly there after. Within a couple of minutes all systems are alerted and incoming is being plotted. That information would place our military anti ballistic missile system at ready. Information from a local civil defense drill can not do this. The locals would notify our military they are doing a drill but they would not have command over them.

I think I will side with summerthyme and treat this as a defcon4 anal whiplash. Be sure you are prepped up and stand by for the STHTF until we hear officially from POTUS otherwise. Rocket Boys time is coming fast.
    "They wanted to be left alone to face challenges head-on, and to prosper from their own hard work and ingenuity...harsh country tends to produce strong people."-John Erickson

The very first place I always go. Bookmark it.

#Breaking

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&...&q=%23breaking

A local Broadcast station will insert the warning over their normal programming. You will continue to see that channel after the alert.
    Some cable companies, because of the cost of all the extra equipment to insert over all the non-broadcast channels, will force your cable box to change to a specified channel that will carry the alert. The cable box might not return to the previous channel. Could this be what you saw?
    I believe MzKitty was referring to a YouTube video that was pulled shortly after it was posted (record time, I might add!)

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by EMICT View Post
    Taken from Zerohedge coverage of this event...
    <snip>Oddly, while the local officials proclaimed it an error, The White House described a false inbound missile alert received by Hawaii residents on Saturday morning as an "emergency management exercise," offering no further explanation for the erroneous warning.

"The President has been briefed on the state of Hawaii's emergency management exercise," White House deputy press secretary Lindsay Walters told reporters in West Palm Beach, Fla.

"This was a state exercise," she added.
    The first rule of 'believe-ability' is to put forth a consistent story line.
    Hawaii has their test on the first business day of each month now beginning in December 2017.

The "test" mantra doesn't wash.
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

My daughter that lives on base at Hickman said the sirens did go off but only for a couple minutes.

It was no accident. They are covering their assets.... the rear assets.

W2
    NO MORE INFRINGEMENT.
    NO MORE COMPROMISE.
    NOT ONE MORE INCH.

Maybe all this is another way to desensitize the public to facilitate beating the war drums prior to attacking North Korea?

Much like the domestic terror "drills" conducted in American cities.

Given how unacceptable today's situation is, I'm not ruling anything out right now.

Just got home. I heard this on my local sports radio station driving in my car. Wow...

I sure some people indeed have Heart attacks, anxiety attacks, maybe even suicide. Massive, class A, Fu!k up!

BTW i called my Mom about what i heard about this story, and no lie. She blamed Trump...

the rumormill is going off the charts, am reading from a couple discussion threads that locals think it was an intercepted sub launch ?

I sure hope nobody decided to take their cyanide pills in the fall out shelter

This from Intel Crab via Strategic Sentinel, FWIW, does not sound legit either

Dan Lamothe‏Verified account
    @DanLamothe
    Follow Follow @DanLamothe

One Navy sailor, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk to reporters, just told me in a phone interview that he learned that the missile warning today sent was a mistake from a @honolulupolice dispatcher about 10 minutes after it was sent. 1/2

1:02 PM - 13 Jan 2018

OK, local news said sirens sounded only on military bases and not in civilian areas.

[QUOTE=H2O;6734111]
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post

I still remember standing in the hallway of my downtown Denver office screaming at people who were just standing near the windows watching THREE tornados bounce down the road and having one say "oh don't worry, they would warn us if we were really in danger."

QUOTE]

When were you in Denver - we were there in 1985-1989. Wife was standing on the walkway in front of our apartment (I was at work) watching 3 tornadoes all within a mile of her at once (I think that was in either 88 or 89). Our apt manager made everyone head down to the laundry room.
    Yep, probably the same ones -if you look in the Unexplained archives, you will see I dreamed the whole event years before; except in the dream the tornados did destroy a lot of downtown Denver and I had to walk home through the rubble - thankfully in real life they bounced down the mall and then destroyed a few trees in the tiny parklet that was at the end of it.

I don't remember the year but it was probably 1988 because I only worked in that office for about a year and then moved in the Spring of 1989 back to California - I lived in Denver from part of 1982 to about May of 1989.

The line about "oh they will tell us if we are really in danger" had also been in the dream, but I really couldn't believe it when an idiot actually said it while watching the things snake in front of the building.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

Husband says the reports of people either putting themselves or their children in the sewer were actually doing exactly the right thing under the circumstances and that short of a "direct hit on top of them" might have saved lives it the alarm had been a real one.

He also felt that anyone who did this, especially the kids; should at least be checked out by a GP to make sure they hadn't contacted anything but that was a small price to pay to possibly living through a nuclear attack.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

What a nightmare . . . .

So many failures, at so many levels.

Fair Use Cited
    --------------
    Hawaii emergency alert error causes panic, outrage

1 hour ago
    By Nicole Darrah | Fox News

An emergency alert that warned of a ballistic missile heading directly for Hawaii on Saturday, which was mistakenly sent out, caused panic and outrage among celebrities, politicians, vacationers and locals.

Sent around 8 a.m., the alert, sent from the Hawaii Emergency Management Agency, read: "BALLISTIC MISSILE THREAT INBOUND TO HAWAII. SEEK IMMEDIATE SHELTER. THIS IS NOT A DRILL." It took the agency 38 minutes to send a follow-up alert correcting the error.

Fox News' Greg Gutfeld said on Twitter that his wife, who was at a hotel when she received the alert, said there was "total hysteria/chaos. families evacuating told to seek a shelter. crying panic."

Actor Jim Carrey tweeted that he "woke up this morning in Hawaii with ten minutes to live. It was a false alarm, but a real psychic warning."

Actress Jamie Lee Curtis blamed the false alert on President Trump, tweeting: "The real FEAR that mothers & fathers & children felt is on YOU. It is on YOUR ARROGANCE. HUBRIS. NARCISSISM. RAGE. EGO. IMMATURITY and your UNSTABLE IDIOCY."

Sen. Mazie Hironi, D-Hawaii, tweeted that she would work to find out why the alert was sent out.

Jane Bartlett Pappas, whose brother Alex Pappas is a reporter with Fox News, is on the island of Oahu and while she received an alert on her phone, no alarm system actually went off on the island.

Pappas added she didn't receive a notification that it was false "until 30-40 minutes after the initial alert. I saw people getting into their cars and running across the street." She also added that the beach is now "crowded with people swimming and enjoying the beautiful day!"

Hawaii Gov. David Ige said in a statement that "While I am thankful this morning’s alert was a false alarm, the public must have confidence in our emergency alert system. I am working to get to the bottom of this so we can prevent an error of this type in the future."

He added he's meeting with top officials to figure out whay the alarm went off "and to prevent it from happening again."

Rep. Tusli Gabbard, D-Hawaii, who sent out one of the first tweets warning that the emergency alert was not accurate, later tweeted that "Everyone in American needs to understand that if you had to go through this, you would be as angry as I am - I have been talking about the seriousness of this threat for years."

"Our leaders have failed us for decades" Gabbard noted, and added that Trump "is taking too long, needs to take North Korea's "threat seriously," and that "we have to talk to North Korea and find a peaceful path to get rid of this nuclear threat."

Twitter user @brynguist wrote the time after she received the emergency alert "were the most terrifying of my life, until I finally checked twitter and saw this."

Jill N. Tokuda, a Democratic member of the state's Senate, tweeted that she "saw soccer parents running off the field in fear; my boys & nieces are still very shaken."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/13...c-outrage.html

Nope, nope, nope.

Summerthyme
    Summerthyme - I was thinking the same thing.

Maybe we don't want a knee jerk reaction..if we shot it down - we can continue to prepare knowing NK is more than serious about attacking us.

Could it have been a missile launched from a sub and we are trying to figure out which country to blame? NK, China, Russia?

Probably tin foil hat on too tight....

Anyone else?

Also, could this alert been sent out by accident/human error? I don't know how those systems work, but surely there would have been some sort of immediate feedback to the sender....and phone alerts to others who work there??

Chance
    Last edited by Chance; 01-13-2018 at 05:59 PM.
    "Apres la Guerre."

Actor Jim Carrey tweeted that he "woke up this morning in Hawaii with ten minutes to live. It was a false alarm, but a real psychic warning."

Actress Jamie Lee Curtis blamed the false alert on President Trump, tweeting: "The real FEAR that mothers & fathers & children felt is on YOU. It is on YOUR ARROGANCE. HUBRIS. NARCISSISM. RAGE. EGO. IMMATURITY and your UNSTABLE IDIOCY."
    Can we bribe lil' Kim to nuke Hollyweird? Please?

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Summerthyme - I was thinking the same thing.

Maybe we don't want a knee jerk reaction..if we shot it down - we can continue to prepare knowing NK is more than serious about attacking us.

Anyone else?

Also, could this alert been sent out by accident/human error? I don't know how those systems work, but surely there would have been some sort of immediate feedback to the sender....??

Chance
    One of the things (out of many... They DON'T do these tests on a Sunday morning, they didn't catch it and correct it within a few minutes) that really makes me question the official story is the report that our military called General Quarters. AFAIK, they don't give orders based on some crawler in the TV, !

Summerthyme

Rep. Tusli Gabbard, D-Hawaii, who sent out one of the first tweets warning that the emergency alert was not accurate, later tweeted that "Everyone in American needs to understand that if you had to go through this, you would be as angry as I am - I have been talking about the seriousness of this threat for years."

"Our leaders have failed us for decades" Gabbard noted, and added that Trump "is taking too long, needs to take North Korea's "threat seriously," and that "we have to talk to North Korea and find a peaceful path to get rid of this nuclear threat."

We are here because the "Peaceful path" is as rare as unicorns. Idiot.

No tweets from Trump? That's odd.

One of the things (out of many... They DON'T do these tests on a Sunday morning, they didn't catch it and correct it within a few minutes) that really makes me question the official story is the report that our military called General Quarters. AFAIK, they don't give orders based on some crawler in the TV, !

Summerthyme
    Isnt this Saturday?

News conference due any minute from Hawaii. Watching Fox News.

well, if you need a laugh to break the stress tension, twitter is eating Jamie Lee alive, lots of activia yogurt comments

https://twitter.com/jamieleecurtis/s...75076346388481

Jamie Lee Curtis‏Verified account
    @jamieleecurtis
    Follow Follow @jamieleecurtis
    More
    This Hawaii missle scare is on YOU Mr. Trump. The real FEAR that mothers & fathers & children felt is on YOU. It is on YOUR ARROGANCE. HUBRIS. NARCISSISM. RAGE. EGO. IMMATURITY and your UNSTABLE IDIOCY. Shame on your hate filled self. YOU DID THIS!

12:24 PM - 13 Jan 2018
    Last edited by homecanner1; 01-13-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Isnt this Saturday?
    It's hard not to think of an attack on a weekend at around 8AM in Hawaii and not think of Sunday, December 7th, 1941 @ 7:55 AM.
    We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth... For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it. --Patrick Henry

As I previously posted, I saw it at Walk n Trot's Zero Hedge link, not on TV.

I think there's several versions out now, and some of them are jokes.

The Governor and Director of the HI Emergency Management Agency just spoke and took responsibility for this. Well there needs to be accountability for this. A mouse click. a button. Ridiculous. A lot of we don't know why. You're Fired.
    The Lord lives, and blessed be my rock; And exalted be the God of my salvation.