Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

INSANITY Frugals Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Frugals Forums

My first post ever was on Frugals. I frequented their religious forum as I do here. Their resident atheist, Ought Six, and I had some very interesting discussions. The forum started changing and went strongly Anti-Catholic. That was my cue to leave.

Perhaps someone can post a link to this thread and with a warning not to flame you as your just posting a link from another website with commentary about their site and how lousy it is and they lost their way some time ago..

Ought Six was a member here until 2006. I guess he decided to go there.

Frugals has had a few purges I believe. There was a spinoff site or two and they are gone.

TB2K keeps on trucking along.

I appreciate some of the links for stories, now and then I go looking for some old stuff and can't always find it.

I have found that some, tom sherry or however that gets spelled, published his and I bought it off amazon.

Much as I like free, I sometimes wonder how much time he spent on that.
    working on unplugging.

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Perhaps someone can post a link to this thread and with a warning not to flame you as your just posting a link from another website with commentary about their site and how lousy it is and they lost their way some time ago..

YEP
    JUST A FEW OF MY SIMPLE THOUGHTS
    LAY LOW WAIT LIKE A WOLF IN THE WILD UNTIL THE TIME IS RIGHT
    Never Pick A Fight With An Old Man He Will Just Shoot You He Can't Afford To Get Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Ought Six was a member here until 2006. I guess he decided to go there.
    He was pretty cool dude/

Me and him used to go on the black panthers site to f//k with them, and see what they talked about.
    Never Pick A Fight With An Old Man He Will Just Shoot You He Can't Afford To Get Hurt

I forget what he posted, but it was not religion related, but my friend was banned there for of all things.. "Blasphemy" lol We still laugh about it. He was one of the gunsmiths I worked at in a shop in Vegas and here in town.
    Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security.

The name Ought Six brings back memories. Anyone remember lcb? Kregener? Johnny?

John had a habit of burning friendships, burned ours as well. Haven't been back in years & don't miss it. Although I do miss the old days somewhat when Larry was in charge.

I miss a site called plainsman's cabin.
    working on unplugging.

If they were that strict, I would leave.

Are there ANY good survivalist sites any more? It seems like this is the only one that hasn't gone down hill after all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Profit of Doom View Post
    If the stories were on Wayback, they should still be there, that’s why it was created.
    The titles are there, but only the links on the first page actually go to a story. The links on pages 2-4 take you to a sign in page for Frugal's, and if you sign in, there are no stories there.

I did buy a gun from the guy at a very reasonable rate even with shipping to my state and the FFL transfer fee
    That was my expectation too, after reading other people's experiences. Unfortunately, in person was not the way to get a good deal.

ShadowMan, I didn't know about the compound, but I knew he was in an area called the Northeast Kingdom, which would be a perfect place for one. Even less to do there than in the rest of the state.
    The word RACIST, and the ability to debate race-related issues rationally, are the kryptonite of white common sense.

After the first one, the rest are free.

Homesteading Today banned me for the signature I was using at the time:
    "It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." - Claire Wolfe
    Apparently the offending word was "bastards" - a word that IS used in the Bible.
    I had been a member since Countryside and Small Stock ran it as "The Forum". Oh well !
    The people of the United States are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. Abraham Lincoln, 1859

Yeah. I guit going there when I got multiple
    Warnings and threats of suspension for COP bashing

Duh

And my profile was clear I was retired cop
    I was just giving practicals insight into how they should do things
    Not how they were being done

So f em and the Squiral that fell outa the trees

Quote Originally Posted by 33dInd View Post
    Yeah. I guit going there when I got multiple
    Warnings and threats of suspension for COP bashing

Duh

And my profile was clear I was retired cop
    I was just giving practicals insight into how they should do things
    Not how they were being done

So f em and the Squiral that fell outa the trees
    WOW that is a stupid reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Gercarson View Post
    Homesteading Today banned me for the signature I was using at the time:
    "It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." - Claire Wolfe
    Apparently the offending word was "bastards" - a word that IS used in the Bible.
    I had been a member since Countryside and Small Stock ran it as "The Forum". Oh well !

I don't think they read the same bible we do.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmanan View Post
    I don't think they read the same bible we do.
    Yes they do. They just like you interpret it your way.
    "Man is not to be blamed for sinning. After all, he faces great temptations and is extremely vulnerable. What he is blamed for is not doing Teshuvah (repenting) because he can do that at any time." Rav Simcha Bunim of P'shischa

Quote Originally Posted by medic38572 View Post
    Yes they do. They just like you interpret it your way.
    OK i'll grant you that.