Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

INSANITY Frugals Forums
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Frugals Forums

Frugals Forums

Well I joined them again for the third time over the years.

Well I joined on the 2nd of Jan. on the 3rd I got a warning for posting the truth about a post from a long time member, as of the morning of the 4 I can no longer post to a thread or post a new thread, I can still log in and read but not able to post.

They have a rule that you have to have at least 50 posts to go to or to post on a couple places, well I guess the counter doesn't work as I have like 70 posts but the counter did not show that, I went over 50 once and posted a post on one area of the forum and then my count all of a sudden did not register over fifty it went back to 49.

The whole thing don't make since to me, I guess they just don't like me or my posts.

Now I'm not dogging them I just wanted you all to know what happened to me over their.

The story section they had is totally gone, what a shame that is, as it was very big and very good.

O well a nother one bits the dust.

I want to say that the way you Dennis and the rest run this board is by far the best I can find so far.

Thanks guys for the forum and the good work/way of running it.

I still as of today can't post on it.
    JUST A FEW OF MY SIMPLE THOUGHTS
    LAY LOW WAIT LIKE A WOLF IN THE WILD UNTIL THE TIME IS RIGHT
    Never Pick A Fight With An Old Man He Will Just Shoot You He Can't Afford To Get Hurt

By the way I had know warning by the mod's that this was going to happen.

I tried to PM some of the mod's but I am not aloud to do that either.

I was able to do the report a bad post thing and ask what was going on but as of today still have not got a answer.
    Never Pick A Fight With An Old Man He Will Just Shoot You He Can't Afford To Get Hurt

The other two times I was a member I did not post enough so that is why I was let go, it was not for a bad reason.

Never liked that place. Was a member for a very short time then left, never to return. I'll stick to tb2k. Much better company here.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Proverbs 16:9

I left there yrs ago when the fiction storys was shut down.

but I did find all the storys on the wayback machine

I had saved them but that computer died and with it

all my views/favs

The warning I got was because I guess I used language they did not like.

They said this is a christen forum and women and children use it so I need to tone it down which I did, but the post in question was not in bad taste.

Fur-gals? You mean a website where the ladies don’t shave their legs?

I been by there just a coupla times since the fiction section was yanked.

The discussion was pretty monotone.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

HA HA will fix that, that is funny.Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by zeker View Post

all my views/favs
    Unless the hard drive was what died, you can easily recover that data.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Unless the hard drive was what died, you can easily recover that data.
    Yep what he said take it to the bust buy geek squad and they can get it.

In the story section on here I and others have links to some back up sites which have most of the story's they got ride of.

I go there occasionally, they are heavy into the censoring thing. I have had posts changed to delete "bad words"!
    TB2k is the best on the net!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." Thomas Jefferson

Sent from my Shoe-Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmanan View Post
    The warning I got was because I guess I used language they did not like.

They said this is a christen forum and women and children use it so I need to tone it down which I did, but the post in question was not in bad taste.

that forum is such a joke - WHY in God's good graces anyone bothers with those idiots is a wonder - only the newbies join and find out out quikly the worthlessness ...

I got zinged years ago for using "half assed" - it was "vulgar" language - I could feel the ruler across the knuckles from the cranky old internet nun ....
    Illini Warrior

Was there over a decade ago, and a few other places here and there but always end up not really staying, TB2K is home, no where else has the same vibe, feel or mix of members,
    I have yet to find anywhere that even comes close to TB2K, not that I go looking for other forums
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Here is some links to thoses story's they got ride of.

Rember tired old man most of his stuff is on the links.

You can also go to jerry youngs site and find a lot of them to.

http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...ome-good-reads.

Ok something is going on go to the new link I posted and scroll down to post 23 and the links are their and working.
    Last edited by dogmanan; 01-13-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthanoir View Post
    Was there over a decade ago, and a few other places here and there but always end up not really staying, TB2K is home, no where else has the same vibe, feel or mix of members,
    I have yet to find anywhere that even comes close to TB2K, not that I go looking for other forums
    Well I do and have been on many many forums and you be right nothing like here compares.

It changed hands a some years back which changed the forum. I have been a member for years, use to go there everyday because they had a lot of good prep information, however the postings have slowed way down and very little new information. I only go there on a rare occasion just because. TB is my everyday, several times a day go to forum. This place is my home.

Judy

I used to go there a lot, the over the top kook that runs it got on my nerves to no end. I finally deleted my account and left. This is where I come for news and good folks.

Frugals was the first internet forum that I joined. I think it was around 1995 or so. The original owner Larry was a good guy and the forum was the absolute best survival and gun forum at that time. Misc.survivalism was also going strong then but I never joined.

I started lurking here around 1998 because it was a great prep and current event forum. The Y2K thing was a big draw as well.

When John bought the forum it started a long slide downhill. Plus, John has demonstrated over the years that he is a bit "different" and certainly not tolerant of dissenting views.

I still log in once or twice a year and the place is dead. There are about 20 regulars who talk to each other -- seventh fleet, jungle work etc. It is a shame.

http://web.archive.org/web/200710210...ubb=forum;f=64

http://web.archive.org/web/200701010...;f=33;t=003884

http://web.archive.org/web/200710210...ubb=forum;f=33

yes tired old man and jerry d young were 2 of my favs

many great authors started out there

Place is also rabidly anti-Catholic. That's why I left.
    "Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we will all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."
    Dumbledore to Harry Potter, Goblet of Fire.

Luke 21:36

A people who no longer recognize sin and evil, are not a people who will recognize tyranny and despotism either. Invar

Wait, you’re Catholic?

GET OUT!!!!!!

http://web.archive.org/web/200710210...ubb=forum;f=64

http://web.archive.org/web/200701010...;f=33;t=003884

http://web.archive.org/web/200710210...ubb=forum;f=33

Tried all the links,got nothing.

They are a bunch of power rangers over there.

I signed up and was banned in the same day. I wouldnt have signed up had Id been able to read the posts. They are delusional with their prep talk.

State of Jefferson - On the Darkside where the cookies are...
    When you think of Frugals owner, think John = religious cult. When his visions didn't come to pass things got REALLY weird there and they were/are extremely heavy handed on anyone that doesn't fit their particular "mold".

It was once an AWESOME site with outstanding information on preps and survival, but the "tree" has seriously withered over the years and basically is a standing dead trunk of itself.....very sad.
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

Quote Originally Posted by fish hook View Post
    Tried all the links,got nothing.
    GO to this link and scroll down to post 23 they are their and working.

http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...ome-good-reads.

Also post 21 has some.
    Last edited by dogmanan; 01-13-2018 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMan View Post
    When you think of Frugals owner, think John = religious cult. When his visions didn't come to pass things got REALLY weird there and they were/are extremely heavy handed on anyone that doesn't fit their particular "mold".

It was once an AWESOME site with outstanding information on preps and survival, but the "tree" has seriously withered over the years and basically is a standing dead trunk of itself.....very sad.
    John is, or at least was, a Vermont resident, and owned/operated a gun store here. I was shopping for a particular handgun, and his store carried it for $100 bucks more than anyone else, and he wanted to charge $35 for the second magazine that was supposed to come with the gun. Add that to his "Catholic Purge", and abruptly closing the Fiction section, and that pretty well ended my interest in Frugal's.
    The word RACIST, and the ability to debate race-related issues rationally, are the kryptonite of white common sense.

After the first one, the rest are free.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Wait, youíre Catholic?

GET OUT!!!!!!

Wait...What-You aren't????!!!! I'M LEAVING.
    "Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we will all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."
    Dumbledore to Harry Potter, Goblet of Fire.

Luke 21:36

A people who no longer recognize sin and evil, are not a people who will recognize tyranny and despotism either. Invar

I just checked and they still let me log in, but haven't been there in literally years.
    "Heavy handed" ain't even the word for it.
    Not for me.

I didn't know they still existed! Gave up on that place 10 years ago.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." (Will Rogers)

The operative word seems to be SQUIRREL.
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by zeker View Post

all my views/favs
    If the stories were on Wayback, they should still be there, that’s why it was created.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

I was once a member for 3-4 years. They began to get WAY to overbearing with their mods. I remember getting booted for saying something political that a mod didn't like and actually booted me from the forum. Whatever I said did not include any swearing, trolling, etc. and was pretty benign accept it didn't jive with the far right political views of the mod(s) and without warning I was booted.

I was an active member who posted the same way I post here, polite, non-confrontational, the opposite of a troll. Most people know me here I think and know that I don't call people out or say negative things about other members. I don't go on rants and am non-partisan or Constitutional politically. I don't like bringing ANY kind of negativity to a forum, including gory photos, sad stories, perverted stories, any kind of uncomfortable jazz. I like to come here to relax and chat which is all I ever did at Frugals.

They are now more of a compound than a public forum. They are so closed and politically radical that they have missed the whole point of being a public prepping resource.

I was told a day or two later that people had asked to have me reinstated and I was granted that right. I declined and have never gone back since then. They were once a good prepper forum much like TB2K. Now I don't know what they are but can guess that they are more like a members only club and can also guess that it's probably not a very fun place to hang out when you have such far right moderating and general slamming of anybody who doesn't tow the forum line.

My recommendation is don't bother. They certainly no longer compete with TB2K as a info resource and I dare say there are very few forums that do which is why I don't mind sending a few bucks to TB2K when I can and I keep hanging around even if I take a 2 year hiatus which is what I had ended about a year ago.

They are likely not worth the trouble of getting past their 50 post rule and if you do go to that trouble, you might as well keep your mouth shut and just read whatever dusty info they may have. I can almost guarantee that they don't have anything remotely as good as TB2K anymore and they are probably so clique oriented that you would probably never be accepted. All noobs are below them in their minds. That can be inferred by the difficulty you will experience in just being able to read the board. They don't even allow lurkers without registration and who knows what criteria they use to allow a registration.

That was more than .02 cents but I thought it worth mentioning. They were once almost as good as Tb2k but not anymore and more likely a place to be avoided now. YMMV.
    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
    --John F. Kennedy

Dex

I agree with everything you said except they do have some members who like me and my posts and they agreed with me.

They also are better at kepping up to the min. new news for the most part.

But they are a socialst site now for the most part for sure. I did start many new threads the short two days I was able to.

I was on Frugals years ago...then they got some very dysfunctional Mods running the place and I left....

I honestly thought that forum shut down some time ago.
    JOHN 3:16 / John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE.

yep i was banned from there when i went off about the anti catholic crap .

Dennis must be inn a good mode..... I don't believe he corrected you one tyme

Heh. I only correct when my OCD demands it of me...

Quote Originally Posted by Vtshooter View Post
    John is, or at least was, a Vermont resident, and owned/operated a gun store here. I was shopping for a particular handgun, and his store carried it for $100 bucks more than anyone else, and he wanted to charge $35 for the second magazine that was supposed to come with the gun. Add that to his "Catholic Purge", and abruptly closing the Fiction section, and that pretty well ended my interest in Frugal's.
    I pretty much exited the forum about four or five years ago. I got banned many years ago, for claiming that I was open to other beliefs (something along those lines). They banned a very well liked member for posting some sort of spiritual, non-Christian blessing. The guy who runs the show used to have an avatar of what appeared to me to be him preaching. Oddly enough I never really got a big religious vibe from the place, but that is likely due to the few sections I visited and the links/topics I clicked on.

I did buy a gun from the guy at a very reasonable rate even with shipping to my state and the FFL transfer fee. Every few months I remember the site and just go and check it out, not really sure why.

State of Jefferson - On the Darkside where the cookies are...
    FWIW: John aka "Frugal" is/was a preacher. Used to be a big wig in some sort of large powerful evangelical Christian church, three piece suit and the works, until either he left, quit or was fired. Never heard the whole story. Lives in a "compound" with his followers in Vermont. They sort of look up to him as a prophet of sorts. Kind of creepy, but they keep to themselves for the most part. His predictions of the end times came and went and things have sort of just been coasting along since then. Not sure what they're up to these days. Many of the long time and original "squirrels" have long gone away due to his and his minions antics. Was surprised to see the website was still up and running.
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.