Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ALERT RX-Clopadogrel (Plavix)recall yesterday. May be labelled Clopidogrel but really be A STATIN drug
+ Reply to Thread

4 RX-Clopadogrel (Plavix)recall yesterday. May be labelled Clopidogrel but really be A STATIN drug

https://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm591975.htm
    January 10, 2018
    Contact

Consumers

Customer Complaints
    Recall@internationallabs.com
    727-322-7146

Announcement
    View Product Photos
    International Laboratories, LLC is voluntarily recalling Lot# 117099A of Clopidogrel Tablets, USP 75 mg, packaged in bottles of 30 tablets, to the consumer level due to mislabeling. The product is labeled as Clopidogrel tablets USP 75 mg but may contain Clopidogrel 75mg or Simvastatin Tablets USP 10 mg.
    Missed doses of Clopidogrel increases the risk of heart attack and stroke which can be life threatening. Patients should not stop taking clopidogrel without talking to their prescribing physician. Additionally, unintentional consumption of simvastatin could include the common side effects associated with its use and may cause fetal harm when administered to a pregnant woman. Simvastatin occasionally causes myopathy which is a disease of the muscles. Finally, allergic reactions are also possible and could also be life threatening. International Laboratories, LLC also reports that to date, no complaints have been received related to this event detailing medical illnesses or harmful effects.

Clopidogrel Tablets USP 75 mg are a platelet inhibitor (blood thinner) indicated for the use in patient with acute coronary syndrome, recent MI, recent stroke, or established peripheral arterial disease. Clopidogrel tablets have been shown to reduce the rate of MI and stroke.

The product was distributed nationwide and delivered to the distribution centers in Arkansas, Georgia, Indiana, California and Maryland, and distributed to retail stores in all US States.

International Laboratories, LLC is notifying distributors and customers by letter and is arranging for return of all recalled products. Consumers who have purchased this product should stop using and return the product to the location of purchase for a full refund. For questions regarding return of product please call Inmar at 855-258-7280 or via email internationallabs@inmar.com or by using mailing address Recall Coordinator 635 Vine St. Winston Salem, NC 27101 Inmar’s business hours are (Monday – Friday 9 AM – 5 PM EST).

Consumers should also contact their physician or healthcare provider if they are experiencing any health concerns that may be related to taking or using this drug product.

Adverse reactions or quality problems experienced with the use of this product may be reported to the FDA’s MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program either online, by regular mail or by fax.

Complete and submit the report Online: www.fda.gov/medwatch/report.htm
    Regular Mail or Fax: Download form www.fda.gov/MedWatch/getforms.htm or call 1-800-332-1088 to request a reporting form, then complete and return to the address on the pre-addressed form, or submit by fax to 1-800-FDA-0178
    This recall is being conducted with the knowledge of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration

Attached photos show what the pills should look like ( https://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/u...#recall-photos )
    Attached Images
    Last edited by ainitfunny; 01-13-2018 at 12:25 AM.
    You who SEEK JUSTICE for the wrongs, crimes and sins done to you, will find it in the same place that God is freely handing out Mercy, At the Cross, where Christ died taking the punishment not only for your sins, but also for the sins committed against you by others!

You know, in a modern, automated factory making pharmaceuticals under FDA license, this sort of screwup shouldn't even be *possible*. WTF?!

Summerthyme

They should include photos of good and bad pills.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Profit of Doom View Post
    They all should be outlawed. What happens when you give a healthy person that crap? They get sick. What makes anyone think giving a sick person that garbage is going to make them better?
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Quote Originally Posted by Flippper View Post
    They all should be outlawed. What happens when you give a healthy person that crap? They get sick. What makes anyone think giving a sick person that garbage is going to make them better?

very Funny but the over educated will never see or question that
    Last edited by NC Susan; 01-13-2018 at 12:34 AM.

Appreciate this heads up, Ainitfunny.

A good thing if/when filling necessary meds far enough in advance helps to not be stuck at the mercy of these supply mess ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Profit of Doom View Post

Pics might help unless the mix-up happened at the bulk ingredients stage. The PhRMA supply chain has been more than decimated by the Puerto Rico disaster and related issues. There are shortages of medicines and medical supplies down-chain that are affecting supply availability across the U.S. We’ll probably see who else is affected before long.

For any heart Patient taking one of the ‘rone drugs, such as Amiodarone who was (mistakenly) taking it in tandem with a statin drug such as Atorvastatin or Simvastatin, they risk death. That combo destroys muscle.

Cjoi, go watch John Bergman, he does extensive talks on drugs, how they work, what they do to the body, and how to avoid having to take them.

When the 'heart hospital' sent my dad home with a garbage bag full (literally) of medical crap and prescriptions, we looked them all up when we got home. Then I went with him to his follow up doctor and said, out of the 27 prescriptions they sent him home with, which one of them will prevent a heart attack or extend his life? He admitted NONE. Plavix was on the list. He said, "I think he should be taking Plavix", I said, won't aspirin do the same thing? He said while they work differently, yes, aspirin did the same thing and he was none too pleased that I knew that.

Drugs are a business. Medicine is a business. They don't make money on healthy people, how can anyone totally trust them for unbiased opinions?
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Cjoi, go watch John Bergman, he does extensive talks on drugs, how they work, what they do to the body, and how to avoid having to take them.

When the 'heart hospital' sent my dad home with a garbage bag full (literally) of medical crap and prescriptions, we looked them all up when we got home. Then I went with him to his follow up doctor and said, out of the 27 prescriptions they sent him home with, which one of them will prevent a heart attack or extend his life? He admitted NONE. Plavix was on the list. He said, "I think he should be taking Plavix", I said, won't aspirin do the same thing? He said while they work differently, yes, aspirin did the same thing and he was none too pleased that I knew that.

Drugs are a business. Medicine is a business. They don't make money on healthy people, how can anyone totally trust them for unbiased opinions?
    Preach it girl!!!
    Rom 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin. By the Blood of Jesus, that's me!

Did you know that the first two chapters of Hebrews shows that the Father declared Jesus as GOD when Jesus ascended on high? :)

I well understand, Flippper, having researched, used, and staked my life on a wide variety of therapies with and without Allopathy. It’s a good thing that sound information is spreading about healthier, safer, alternatives to dangerous approaches especially to chronic diseases. Even so, there are still people who -for countless reasons- are going to go with the Allopathic methods. Those folks are fortunate if, like your dad, they have someone like you who can advocate, research, translate, educate, and yes, simplify.

There is good debate about whether Aspirin (which helped make BAYER, recall ) or Plavix is the optimal anticoagulant under any given individual’s situation. (We all probably agree it would be best if they could be avoided.) Aspirin, although very common and OTC, is still a dangerous drug and one which can cause myriad dangerous effects that are rarely recognized or discussed even though there have been studies of the long-term effects of aspirin therapy, esp., on the gut. Plavix, works in the bone marrow by a different mechanism that prevents the new red blood cells from having their external clotting factors. To my way of thinking if Clopidogrel can alter how blood cells are created in the bone marrow, WHAT ELSE does that affect? All that said, a family member whose first 2 stents worked for 17 years until stopping Armour Natural Dessicated Thyroid, got 6 more stents and a double bypass over the following 5-6 years. In that state, the waxing and waning effect of Aspirin would be inadequate and the more complete effect of Plavix is the better choice. The effect of Plavix does take 5 days to subside, which can complicate timing of emergency procedures but the effect is constant thus more reliable.

Which reminds me, Allopathic medicine usually ARE best in acute, traumatic, or emergent cases. Unfortunately, the quacks* too often excell in adding to the numbers of those cases. Chiropractic, Homeopathy, Naturopathy, Ayurveda, and Traditional Chinese Medicine, among many other disciplines also have proven benefits.

The unholy alliance between Rockefeller and the nascent AMA under Fishbein came about for many reasons one of which was that the medicines were often derived from Petroleum.

(*Keep in mind that the quacks were the ones who used Mercury in their formulary. )
    Last edited by cjoi; 01-13-2018 at 06:01 AM.

I don’t know how “valid” my (anecdotal)experience counts in the discussion on Plavix’s usefulness in saving lives since it is a personal story, but I thing God enabled me to survive a “widowmaker” heart attack about TWO years ago
    by my having been on BOTH a full adult aspirin (325mg) daily for YEARS, AND also on 75mg daily Plavix since 2001!

When he finished the angiogram (and inserting 3 stents ) my cardiac surgeon said “ You should be dead!” because My Left Anterior Descending Artery (LAD), also called “the widowmaker” was >99% blocked. It is the artery that feeds the heart itself. AND He basically gave me to understand that I could STILL suddenly drop dead in the next ten days (even with the stents) to two weeks IF the lack of blood flow to my heart had caused SIGNIFICANT damage and death to the front of my heart and it proceeded to decompose. How long the greatly reduced blood flow to my heart was, became the factor on whether restoring better blood flow to my heart would save me he said.

Well, I waited to drop dead or not for the next two weeks after which my dauhter, ( both a cardiac care ANSD a Triage nurse in the ER department of a WA hospital )called and said “Mom, you should be dead.” In the two weeks since you left the hospital We have had one to two people a night come into ER with the very same LAD artery blocked AND WE WERE NOT ABLE TO SAVE EVEN ONE OF THEM!! She was very upset by the loss of the last patient.

So, I am one of the only 3% or so people who survive that, the WHY may be GOD, and daily Plavix and adult aspirin. Also, a young INTERN who told me to “humor her” and take my Blood Pressure EVERY NIGHT after I took my insulin shot. I listened and DID so. She told me if I saw a sudden, Unexplainable, VERY HIGH spike inmy BP to go directly to ER. My BP did that on about the sixth or seventh day after I started takin my BP! It went from average 160/80 to suddenly 210/115 one night! If I had not been taking my BP’s I would never have caught it because it had virtually NO other symptoms!! No pain to speak of!

If you have any heart problems or are over the age of 60, and have the time, I would recomment just a nightly BP check, BECAUSE A BP SPIKE IS THE ABSOLUTE ONLY “Heads up” you will get before you suddenly die of a massive coronary!
    The sudden sky high BP does not Cause the heart attack, it is caused by the blockage and serves as a warning that a heart attack is occurring, or imminent!
    You who SEEK JUSTICE for the wrongs, crimes and sins done to you, will find it in the same place that God is freely handing out Mercy, At the Cross, where Christ died taking the punishment not only for your sins, but also for the sins committed against you by others!

Amiodarone my husband was put on this after his surgery and continued in rehab. He left rehab without a prescription for it and when we tried to get one it was going to cost $300, DH said no way was he going to pay that. A couple of years ago his primary care doctor prescribed a statin, I put it in his pills for about a week and then discontinued it. At first I didn't tell him but then I did and he was okay with not taking it.

His PC nurse said you can't just stop taking the Amiodarone, but he did and he was fine, it had nothing to do with the after surgery problems he has had. The medical profession is too quick to add more medications to a patient and just keep them on it. I watch DH's medications like a hawk. One time a few years ago he had a reaction to one of his BP medications and he quit taking everything, and then added them back one at a time to see what caused his problem.

Judy