Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

POL Trey Gowdy Resigns as member of Ethics Committee
+ Reply to Thread

Trey Gowdy Resigns as member of Ethics Committee

I wonder what DC will look like on Monday morning?
    Friday, doomsday, is still wrapped in darkness.
    SS

'

Hon. Paul D. Ryan, Speaker, House of Representatives, Washington, DC. Dear Speaker Ryan: Thank you for the privilege of serving for the past 5 years on the House Ethics Committee. While few, if any, members seek this assignment, the collegiality of the members coupled with the seriousness of the jurisdiction have made it an experience I will treasure.

When I became Chairperson of the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform I knew I would not be able to keep all other committee assignments to include Judiciary, Intelligence and Ethics. Four committee assignments, including a Chairmanship, is a challenging workload. I was happy to finish out the calendar year and conclude some matters then pending before the Committee. Accordingly, I tender my resignation from the House Ethics Committee pending your designation of a replacement.

Thank you again for this opportunity and thank you to my colleagues on the Committee for their hard work and friendship. Sincerely, Trey Gowdy,

Member of Congress.

The SPEAKER pro tempore. Without objection, the resignation is accepted.

There was no objection.
    https://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3622010/posts
    “Then the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.”
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland

Well ... goodbye then.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

I think the ethics committee should be made up of ordinary people just like jury's are. Let the people that vote them in oversee congressional ethics with empowerment to take pay away from them and all sorts of other goodies. Having congress oversee itself is like having the fox oversee the hen house.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

He found out there is no such thing as ethics in congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Hfcomms View Post
    I think the ethics committee should be made up of ordinary people just like jury's are. Let the people that vote them in oversee congressional ethics with empowerment to take pay away from them and all sorts of other goodies. Having congress oversee itself is like having the fox oversee the hen house.
    That is something I would like to see, but it will never happen. Congress always takes care of their own be it R or D. And they would never, ever give up that power. But HFcomms, it is a great thought.

I wonder who will replace him?
    Chairing the House Ethics Committee is a dirty, thankless job.
    Those that take it have been promised all sorts of things, committees, Chairmanships.
    I wonder if Mr. Gowdy is going to try to become Speaker?
    SS
    “Then the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.”
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland