Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

POL Sessions uses executive authority to appoint interim U.S. attorneys
+ Reply to Thread

Sessions uses executive authority to appoint interim U.S. attorneys

Now AG Sessions gets moving.
    OMG..'the Eastern District of Washington'... there is a chance for a conservative here!!
    SS

' Jan 3 2018, 3:17 pm ET
    Sessions uses executive authority to appoint interim U.S. attorneys

by Jonathan Dienst and Tracy Connor

With a deadline looming, Attorney General Jeff Sessions is using executive authority to name 17 interim U.S. attorneys in cities from coast to coast.

Seven of the prosecutors are already serving as acting U.S. attorneys, but there's a 300-day limit on that status. The other 10 will replace the current acting prosecutor, who gets bounced back to their old job.

President Donald Trump now has 120 days to nominate the interims or others for permanent positions, or the federal court in that district makes the appointment.

The Justice Department supplied statements from two former attorneys general saying Sessions' move is not unprecedented.

"Americans deserve a justice system that has clear lines of authority in accordance with the Executive Branch’s responsibility under the Constitution," former AG John Ashcroft said in one of the statements. "Attorney General Sessions’ appointment of 17 interim United States Attorneys is an important step to ensure executive leadership in vital national security roles."

"Congress has vested the Attorney General with this authority and duty. For decades, Attorneys General of multiple Administrations have used this executive authority to address critical vacancies and manage the U.S. Attorneys' Offices."

The offices being filled include the high-profile Southern District of New York, where Preet Bharara was fired after refusing to resign. Bharara's deputy, Joon Kim, was made acting U.S. attorney but will now be replaced by Geoffrey Berman, an attorney in private practice who was a federal prosecutor for four years in the 1990s.

Mary Jo White, who was the U.S. attorney for the Southern District at the time, said Berman "was a star" in the prosecutor's office.

"I tried to talk him into staying — he was that good — but he went into the private sector. And ever since, he’s had a terrific reputation."

The other districts where Sessions made interim appointments are the Eastern District and Northern District of New York, Minnesota, New Jersey, Rhode Island, the Eastern District and Western District of Louisiana, the Western District of Missouri, the Central District of California, the Eastern District of Washington, the Middle District of Florida, the District of Hawaii, the Eastern District of Michigan, the Virgin Islands, and Guam.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...m_npd_nn_tw_np
    “Then the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.”
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland

Ah, yeah. Our "do-nothing" Atty Gen just doin nuttin....
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

This is a good thing, I was working at a US Attorney's office during a change of administrations and political parties; it took awhile to get a new US Attorney appointed (after 3 terms of Republicans the office was top heavy with them and the new President was Bill Clinton so by tradition the new appointee had to be a Democrat-they had to go way down the list to find one).

Acting US Attorneys can only do so many things, there are a lot of cases that simply have to wait until the "real" one (aka the appointed one) is in place.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post
    Ah, yeah. Our "do-nothing" Atty Gen just doin nuttin....
    "Stealth Jeff".

https://soundcloud.com/user-309670005
    Audio Bhagavad Gita downloadable

This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed.

Sessions has been a real bummer for me. He does things like reinstating debtor's prisons, or ignoring all the corruption in the FBI and DOJ. Plus, the Republicans are now down to a 51 to 49 split of the Senate, which is going to complicate all of Trump's judicial nominees being confirmed. I think VP Pence is going to be doing a lot of tie breaking votes in 2018.

I don't know if Sessions is deep state or not. I do know, he is, at a bare minimum, barely competent and looks to be out of his weight class in terms of performance. Trump should have fired him months ago.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" will soon be available for sale at smashwords. The url is
    https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/267340 It is also at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

Quote Originally Posted by Doomer Doug View Post
    Sessions has been a real bummer for me. He does things like reinstating debtor's prisons, or ignoring all the corruption in the FBI and DOJ. Plus, the Republicans are now down to a 51 to 49 split of the Senate, which is going to complicate all of Trump's judicial nominees being confirmed. I think VP Pence is going to be doing a lot of tie breaking votes in 2018.

I don't know if Sessions is deep state or not. I do know, he is, at a bare minimum, barely competent and looks to be out of his weight class in terms of performance. Trump should have fired him months ago.
    NO NO NO NO NO!!

Sessions is one of the very few appointees who is not a DEM or Never Trumper. He is firmly an America-First, anti-illegal immigration person.
    If he were to go we would get a DEM or Never Trumper like Rod Rosenstein-and we know where that is headed.

Sessions works quietly behind the scenes - he just accumulates evidence and waits for the IG to investigate the FBI.....then he will pounce.

Nice kitty.
    True North Strong and Free